5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

wxmanny

Reaction score
thank you for the insight.

I am lucky, our corporate headquarters is in Sterling, just outside of Tyson. no problem driving south.

i will contact Koons and see what they offer % lower than dealer, that would make me very happy.

thank you

baccigalup

Reaction score
NP. If you have an FCA affiliate discount (via Tread Lightly or work) he can take an additional 0.5% off FWP, and he'll include any rebates available given at time of delivery. I'm choosing to apply a $1000 PenFed rebate at delivery though, which apparently doesn't stack with affiliate? Then there's a $250 BonusDrive rebate you can claim as well after delivery.
Also be aware that you'll need to either pickup the vehicle at Koons or independently arrange for it to be transported to Long Island. Your drive is far shorter than mine though (I'm in Houston) :)
Can you share more info on both rebates please

brettguercio

Reaction score
I think I made have a deal, have a dealer I found with a 2020 silver rwd limited, 266miles, pano roof,22in wheels, body color bumpers, level one group, it does not have the 33gallon tank, msrp 64,500 , sale price 54900 with national incentives, also may still qualify for a few more incentives, is this a good deal.
The deal im looking at is similar to yours msrp 66,500 dealer offered $53,000 without TTL i think i to wait till November

Pawheel

Reaction score
Is there a thread about what rebates are available? IE. True Car, Tread Lightly etc...

Wch_chip

Reaction score
The deal im looking at is similar to yours msrp 66,500 dealer offered $53,000 without TTL i think i to wait till November

That's significantly better then EP pricing. I'm not sure you're going to get much more than that.

Coog61

Reaction score
I'm planning to fly there, inspect the vehicle pre-delivery and drive it back. Plus Covid put a damper on all my business travel since Feb, and so I'm actually looking forward to getting out of the house (sans kids :)) for a bit.
Door to door shipping estimates are in the $1,300+ range if you don't want to travel.

Did you try to work with any local(ish) dealers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bramesh

Reaction score
Can you share more info on both rebates please
Rebates change constantly, but here are the ones I'm currently aware of:

Tread Lightly (FCA Affiliate - 0.5% below FWP @ Koons): https://www.treadlightly.org/support/join-tread-lightly/
-- You might be eligible for affiliate discounts through your work as well (I was) and save on the membership fee and waiting period.

PenFed ($1000 rebate at time of purchase. Doesn't stack with affiliate AFAIK): https://www.penfed.org/auto/car-buying-service
-- Scroll down and click on the Ram link. No need to use their car buying service, but you do need to be a PenFed member for 60 days.

BonusDrive ($250 rebate after purchase): https://bonusdrive.com/
-- If your work or study isn't on their list, use AllState. No need to have AllState insurance.

I believe TrueCar has a $500 rebate going on as well, but I'm told that it doesn't stack with affliate or PenFed.

bramesh

Reaction score
Did you try to work with any local(ish) dealers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I tried hard to work with several Texas dealers, but inevitably they fell into one of these buckets:
1) insisted I give my phone# or come in store to discuss. I prefer email negotiation as it takes emotional leverage out of the purchase.
2) insisted on including junk add-ons (etching, dealer protection plans etc.).
3) didn't want to come down to Koons pricing - probably since trucks are easy to sell in S.E. TX?

I still came out ahead with Koons when factoring OTD + travel cost for a pickup and I enjoy road trips anyway. So I went with that option rather than sinking more time trying to find the unicorn of a local dealer who was willing to have a no-BS discussion. Now waiting for ETA of my factory ordered 2021 Ram 1500 Limited :)

Coog61

Reaction score
I tried hard to work with several Texas dealers, but inevitably they fell into one of these buckets:
1) insisted I give my phone# or come in store to discuss. I prefer email negotiation as it takes emotional leverage out of the purchase.
3) didn't want to come down to Koons pricing - probably since trucks are easy to sell in S.E. TX?

I still came out ahead with Koons when factoring OTD + travel cost for a pickup and I enjoy road trips anyway. So I went with that option rather than sinking more time trying to find the unicorn of a local dealer who was willing to have a no-BS discussion. Now waiting for ETA of my factory ordered 2021 Ram 1500 Limited :)

Thanks. I’m still hopeful to find a deal on a 2020 near end of year. keeping track of local and nationwide availability on Carguru (assuming those stats are real). Still in the high 500’s of Limiteds in a 500 mile radius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baccigalup

Reaction score

This.....+1. I am going to add...i stopped looking at missed deals and whats out now....cant make a uturn and no use making myself sick over whether i should have waited or not...14 percent under msrp is better than most deals and worse than few others...who knows. Maybe in a month when it comes in there will be more rebates to add.

Last edited:

jastevenson

Reaction score
Anyone know if the PenFed discount stacks with a Ram “private offer” that people sometimes get from requesting brochures from Ram?

emings

Reaction score

Im also in Texas and this is the same thing I found. I eventually decided to just buy the truck i wanted and negotiated out the add-ons

Jeremy47

Reaction score

I dealt with Autonation here in Spring, TX. I did everything via email with the manager. When I went in to purchase, they didnt try anything shady.
I would buy from them again.

emings

Reaction score
I dealt with Autonation here in Spring, TX. I did everything via email with the manager. When I went in to purchase, they didnt try anything shady.
The forum really needs a recommended dealer list. Although i bought my truck from them I would not recommend Gillman Ram of Houston due to the amount of work i had to put in just to get a dealer discount which ended up being 2500 dollars. I ended up getting parts and accessories at no charge which made the deal work on my end but save the headache and just dont go there...I would also not recommend Southfork Ram of Pearland due to them absolutely refusing to give me an OTD price via email.

SparksNVRebel

Reaction score
Did you leave a deposit with the 1st dealer?
If so, I would be curious to know if after the switch if the dealer returned your deposit.
I spoke with both dealerships and they both said transfer is not possible.
To answer your question: yes I gave a deposit (non-refundable) of $1K to the first dealership, I don't think any dealership will place an order for you if you don't put in a deposit.

Coog61

Reaction score

Do you have a salesperson to recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryancassidy

Reaction score
Rebates change constantly, but here are the ones I'm currently aware of:

Tread Lightly (FCA Affiliate - 0.5% below FWP @ Koons): https://www.treadlightly.org/support/join-tread-lightly/
-- You might be eligible for affiliate discounts through your work as well (I was) and save on the membership fee and waiting period.

I believe TrueCar has a $500 rebate going on as well, but I'm told that it doesn't stack with affliate or PenFed.

Bramesh - Thanks for the above. Very helpful! Do you know if the TruCar stacks with the TreadLightly? Is is that the same as affliate?

Users who are viewing this thread