5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Kpat1984

Reaction score
14 percent below msrp is at about the koons discount....criswell was about 2 percent lower than koons....you shoukd have been close to koons sans the higher fee
Yea Koons was closer of the two. Just looking at final numbers and darcars Rockville was at 6.25 below invoice. And lower dealer fees By $399. And like I mentioned they are closer to me

baccigalup

Reaction score
Yea Koons was closer of the two. Just looking at final numbers and darcars Rockville was at 6.25 below invoice. And lower dealer fees By $399. And like I mentioned they are closer to me
Me too by about 3 hours. Oh well. Good luck. Lets pray for some good rebates.

Ryancassidy

Reaction score
Yeah I just got 14.5% off (before rebates) on a 2021 Laramie order. Placed last night. Thanks for the guidance of this thread. Good news is it was local, but the fine folks at Lakeland where about .5% less in total discount and where really cool to deal with.

wxmanny

Reaction score
I ordered laramie night edition fairly loaded. MSRP 63,300 adjusted price of 54,770 plus Tax tags and $500 dealer fee. Then whatever incentives are available on delivery. They said 6-8 weeks but who knows. They were lower than Koons and Criswell and about 45 minutes closer to me in CT. Put the deposit in today

I ordered laramie night edition fairly loaded. MSRP 63,300 adjusted price of 54,770 plus Tax tags and $500 dealer fee. Then whatever incentives are available on delivery. They said 6-8 weeks but who knows. They were lower than Koons and Criswell and about 45 minutes closer to me in CT. Put the deposit in today
Where in CT? I am just across the water, I would mine giving them a call thanks

Boston

Reaction score
got a quote for a 2021 Laramie Mega Cab Night Edition - MSRP $63.1K, discounted 7% down to $58.7K, from Long Island, same as your when it arrives with any other rebates. Looks like your price is 4K lower, would like to get the same offer.

thanks

If you are buying a mega cab, that’s the 2500/3500. Therefore a price premium over a 1500 is to be expected.

Assume you’ll meant crew cab.

wxmanny

Reaction score
If you are buying a mega cab, that’s the 2500/3500. Therefore a price premium over a 1500 is to be expected.

Assume you’ll meant crew cab.
yes, the mega cab in a 2500, Koons on a 21 order, has a great deal, at 13% lower including the $900 dealer fee

Thank you all for all the advise and help, this has been very helpful and if I didn't find this thread i was looking at a local place on a recommendation which was $3k more

after I order i will need to part with my 06 Chevy Avalanche, I will miss that toy

AK103

Reaction score
Yeah I just got 14.5% off (before rebates) on a 2021 Laramie order. Placed last night. Thanks for the guidance of this thread. Good news is it was local, but the fine folks at Lakeland where about .5% less in total discount and where really cool to deal with.
Yeah Mike's great. Really easy to deal with.

Ryancassidy

Reaction score
And there is something with the TL discount... it says it's the same as affiliate.. 1% below invoice, but with it I got discounts significantly more, IE more than Invoice minus the Holdback. With No rebates being applied.

While I know transparency isn't a word commonly used in the automobile sales world, leads me to believe there is way more to the pricing story for dealer profit.

Grouper

Reaction score
While I know transparency isn't a word commonly used in the automobile sales world, leads me to believe there is way more to the pricing story for dealer profit.

This link is to a 2013 episode of This American Life that follows a salesman at Town & Country Jeep Chrysler Dodge (not far from where I grew up). While the parent company was not FCA in 2013, the episode is revealing in explaining the quota system that existed at the time (and may or may not still exist).

I haven't listened to it in a while but I recall there being an explanation of bonuses paid by Chrysler to the dealership for meeting volume sales goals.

Mtbgordon

Reaction score
I got a smoking deal on my 2020 Ram Rebel, 57k MSRP and got over $8,000 off. Also took the 0.9% for 84mo. I had to drive 1.5 hours to the dealer unloading it back in May.

AK103

Reaction score
I got a smoking deal on my 2020 Ram Rebel, 57k MSRP and got over $8,000 off. Also took the 0.9% for 84mo. I had to drive 1.5 hours to the dealer unloading it back in May.
We don't talk about those awesome COVID deals, they make the rest of us sad.

Rong

Reaction score
I am on the verge of buying a 2020 Ram 1500 limited. MSRP is just over 70k. I’ve got them up to 9200 in dealer discounts and 3k in rebates. My OTD price is at 58,300. Just curious on what you all think of this deal. I love the truck, but am also holding out fir the best deal possible. Thanks!

Ryancassidy

Reaction score
What r their fees? It's a good deal, I think you can do better though before rebates and then I'd consider it a great deal. But pay attention to the fees they charge. I found they can vary by $1k in some situations.

Ryancassidy

Reaction score
This link is to a 2013 episode of This American Life that follows a salesman at Town & Country Jeep Chrysler Dodge (not far from where I grew up). While the parent company was not FCA in 2013, the episode is revealing in explaining the quota system that existed at the time (and may or may not still exist).

I haven't listened to it in a while but I recall there being an explanation of bonuses paid by Chrysler to the dealership for meeting volume sales goals.
Thanks! I'll watch that this evening

emings

Reaction score
I am on the verge of buying a 2020 Ram 1500 limited. MSRP is just over 70k. I’ve got them up to 9200 in dealer discounts and 3k in rebates. My OTD price is at 58,300. Just curious on what you all think of this deal. I love the truck, but am also holding out fir the best deal possible. Thanks!
12k off thats a pretty good deal

Rong

Reaction score
What r their fees? It's a good deal, I think you can do better though before rebates and then I'd consider it a great deal. But pay attention to the fees they charge. I found they can vary by $1k in some situations.
The doc fees are just 129$ but they do charge 599$ for wheel locks, nitro in tires, and a pulsing third brake light. They claim FCA tells them they have to install 3 things and those are the cheapest 3 so it’s what they do on all vehicles.

emings

Reaction score
The doc fees are just 129$ but they do charge 599$ for wheel locks, nitro in tires, and a pulsing third brake light. They claim FCA tells them they have to install 3 things and those are the cheapest 3 so it’s what they do on all vehicles.
12k off is a good deal but i would try to get them to waive the 599

eyedrb

Reaction score
That is better than any deal I am coming across. Where are you located? Most here in NC are 58 to 60 before TTL

ST9

Reaction score
I think I made have a deal, have a dealer I found with a 2020 silver rwd limited, 266miles, pano roof,22in wheels, body color bumpers, level one group, it does not have the 33gallon tank, msrp 64,500 , sale price 54900 with national incentives, also may still qualify for a few more incentives, is this a good deal.

I think it is a decent deal though my deal is pretty close to yours but it just comes down to if you have extras or not. So it might be better to do percents. Mine is 2020, silver, 4x4, limited, 22 miles, pano roof, 22in wheels, body color bump, level one, 33 gal tank, 3.92 diff, anti-spin, tbc. This was my ideal and found it finally after months trying to find it.

It was like wrestling an alligator and the darn dealer did not budge on their extra crap they had to add - mopar wheel locks and mopar lojack. So I am stuck with it. Also, I found it in TX and shipping it to CO. Basically I could have flown down there and picked it up but the price was $850 to transport so not worth the hassle. I threaten to walk twice, they didn't care. They said, we will sell it. Did all through texts, email and also had to call.

FYI - I called FCA to confirm all the rebates I qualified because TX had extra and CO doesn't. If you do call FCA, make sure you get the exact model down to the tee. I called and gave all the info but we missed something and I thought the dealer was screwing me but we found out that my truck and rebate was not the exact model. So I could have had an extra rebate but it didn't match.

So the breakdown since this forum helped so much

MSRP $69,015
Base deal with rebates and savings = $54,994 (20.4%)
Dealer crap addons and transport OTD before taxes = $56,072 (18.8% off)

So it might be a wash compared to your deal. I have 4x4 - you have 4x2. I have 33 gal - you don't. You have 266 miles - I have 22. Not sure if you have TBC - I do. I think you might be able to squeeze more out of your deal if you try.

Thanks all again for all the great info. I don't think great deals are there, just pick the deal you are comfortable with. I was hoping to hit $53k before taxes but 2020's Silver with my specs are hard to find and it is getting close to the end of the year so I decided to pull the trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread