5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
I’m close on a deal on a 2020 Laramie. Msrp is 60k. After discounts I’m at 47k. Plus tags $325 doc. Fee $899 then destination 1,695. Then my sales tax on top of that. Is it common to have destination fee added even though they are included in msrp? A couple dealers quoted me without it that’s why I’m curious. It seems like a fair deal in this market from what I’ve come across
They shouldn't be adding the destination fee - it's included in the MSRP.

eksigned

Reaction score
I should have clarified in my original post. I assumed they would only run my credit after numbers were official? I guess that may be a tactic on their part? Thank you posting that. I'll be sure to call.

eksigned

Reaction score
I suggest you seek your own credit union for financing - at least give them a chance to compete. You save money either way.

Got a build sheet on the limited? Wish i could have got that good a deal.
I was under the stipulation that some of the rebates were only via financing through FCA? I'm assuming here that my rate is competitive to what my own credit unit would provide. I should probably check that...haha thank you!

Paultg

Reaction score
I agree that’s why I haven’t agreed yet. thanks
They are prob deducting the destination off MSRP for your discount, then adding it back in. But check.
Ie: 6% off invoice
They will remove the $1695 from invoice pricing, then figure out the 6% discount, then add the $1695 back in.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was under the stipulation that some of the rebates were only via financing through FCA? I'm assuming here that my rate is competitive to what my own credit unit would provide. I should probably check that...haha thank you!

I believe there’s only one rebate tied to financing through FCA, and it’s a $500 rebate.

Kpat1984

Reaction score
They are prob deducting the destination off MSRP for your discount, then adding it back in. But check.
They will remove the $1695 from invoice pricing, then figure out the 6% discount, then add the $1695 back in.
Yea I think that’s what they did. It’s not the exact build I wanted but it being a 2020 i was hoping for a better deal. I can build the night edition that I want for about the same msrp from Koons and depending on incentives at the time of delivery it would be in the same ballpark I would think. I can’t find a deal on night edition anywhere in billet silver

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Yea I think that’s what they did. It’s not the exact build I wanted but it being a 2020 i was hoping for a better deal. I can build the night edition that I want for about the same msrp from Koons and depending on incentives at the time of delivery it would be in the same ballpark I would think. I can’t find a deal on night edition anywhere in billet silver
I had a long island NY desler refuse to accept my FCA affiliate member number due to current demand for night editions. I blew up on the guy. They have the ability to refuse, but I did not know that at the time.

Kpat1984

Reaction score
I had a long island NY desler refuse to accept my FCA affiliate member number due to current demand for night editions. I blew up on the guy. They have the ability to refuse, but I did not know that at the time.
Yea I’m in Stamford CT so not far from you and I can’t even find one that anyone wants to negotiate on. Where did you end up buying from? I have a feeling I’m going to be driving to VA for a truck soon

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Yea I’m in Stamford CT so not far from you and I can’t even find one that anyone wants to negotiate on. Where did you end up buying from? I have a feeling I’m going to be driving to VA for a truck soon
Ithaca NY. I ended up getting a limited so no night edition. I would have travelled farther west had I saw the deals they were offering.
Tempe ram in arizona has 2021 limiteds for within 2k-3k of what i paid for my 2020 demo model (had 2800 miles on it). They also have the technology package, color matched bumpers and 22" rims for 4k over what I paid. Yes i would have soent 1k to get there and back or have them deliver it. But i also had a trade in which i got within $500 of what i expected to get private party (after tax break added on). So no one likes to haggle trade that long distance lol.

Maguire Ram in Ithaca did though, they offered 3k more than their partner store in syracuse. I did haggle like crazy to get it though. I told them i wanted a laramie instead and they just kept getting closer and closer to laramie price. So eventually said yes. Then i backed out (I found a cheaper laramie), but then they said 100k bumper to bumper at dealer cost ($1.3k) and i agreed. Im a PITA to do business if they do not offer the loweet price up front.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
I think what I have concluded is that all these dealerships are offering discounts like crazy and do not have to make money on sale price (i presume they make $500-$3k per usual sale). Instead, they are making money by tacking on an interest rate premium on financing.

AbitaPro

Reaction score
Could we see your son's entire Build with options?
I'm sure he didn't get the 3.0L Diesel. That's a $5K option.

My 2021 Laramie Came to $71,155 MSRP
I pretty much got every Option but the Pano Roof, Tailgate, or RamBoxes.
I did it this way because of the way Tags are charged each year as a
Percentage of the Base Vehicle price. If I got the Limited, the Base Price
would have been about $20K higher.

Thanks,
Malodave
My response was to cfish7722? He was looking at a 2020 Big horn or Laramie. My point was check the 2021 models, depending on dealer and location he could possibly get a better deal, on a new model.
No one mentioned a diesel. And no you don’t need to see his build sheet.
I bought and own a new 2019 Limited 4x4, Level 1, ORP, etc ......$46K, they had 30% discounts off of MSRP, at the time.
The Dealer and the timing can make all the difference, when it comes to purchasing a vehicle.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Malodave,

Where did you end up getting your truck (or did you order it)? I've a little south of you in MA, but have struggled finding much inventory up here that matches the specs I'm looking for...
I went to Bonneville in Manchester. I ordered the truck on Sept 30th. Expect delivery by mid December.
I got Bad Service at Allen Mello here in Nashua trying to get Info about ordering two weeks earlier. Even
though I bought my 2008 Big Horn From them.

Malodave

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I should have clarified in my original post. I assumed they would only run my credit after numbers were official? I guess that may be a tactic on their part? Thank you posting that. I'll be sure to call.

Salesman said they didn't need to run my credit when I was ordering the Truck. I did show
him my Credit Karma Scores, both were over 800. I took a 5 point hit because of the
hard credit pull they said they were not going to do. I called and laid into him because
the dealership pulled a Credit Check and their Financing Partner did as well.

Don't sign anything giving them the authority to do a credit check until you are ready.

Malodave

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My response was to cfish7722? He was looking at a 2020 Big horn or Laramie. My point was check the 2021 models, depending on dealer and location he could possibly get a better deal, on a new model.
No one mentioned a diesel. And no you don’t need to see his build sheet.
I bought and own a new 2019 Limited 4x4, Level 1, ORP, etc ......$46K, they had 30% discounts off of MSRP, at the time.
The Dealer and the timing can make all the difference, when it comes to purchasing a vehicle.

I only wanted to see what options he was getting for that price, Not to get nosey into his business.
I am sorry if I offended you about it.

Malodave

neeginan

Reaction score
I’m close on a deal on a 2020 Laramie. Msrp is 60k. After discounts I’m at 47k. Plus tags $325 doc. Fee $899 then destination 1,695. Then my sales tax on top of that. Is it common to have destination fee added even though they are included in msrp? A couple dealers quoted me without it that’s why I’m curious. It seems like a fair deal in this market from what I’ve come across

I spoke with a dealer that had a destination fee of $1695. The fee was completely different from the "Destination Charge" that FCA charges as part of the MSRP as a dealer fee. This dealer was in Virginia.

It is just another dealer fee. Just take it into account as part of the overall deal. Whatever discount they offer you, reduce that discount by the amount of all of their fees. Do that for each dealer that you are talking to to compare the real discounts that are being offered.

That will enable you to do an apples to apples comparison between dealers.

In your case, it still seems like a good to great deal from what I have seen in the last week. Basically a $60K truck discounted by $10,406. (13k - $899 - $1695 = $10,406). Tags etc you will have at all dealers. There are just less 2020's to choose from now. If it is the truck that you want, and you can get over $10k off, it's definitely worth considering pulling the trigger.

Is it worth trying to get a few hundred more off for a truck that isn't really your first choice? Only you could answer that.

baccigalup

Reaction score
Thats not how they did mine....6 percent was taken off fwp price. Plus .5 for affiliate. Destination was included in the fwp as it is in the msrp.

Users who are viewing this thread