5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

cfish7722

Reaction score
Looking between 2020 Big Horn or 2020 Laramie with a few more options. Below are the two offers. Do you think I can get better on either? If so, think there is wiggle room to get OTD on the Laramie?

2020 Big Horn
MSRP 52790
Dealer Discount + Rebates = 11,000
Vehicle Price = 41,790

2020 Laramie
MSRP 56380
Vehicle Price = 47,500

Realistically how much lower do you think I could get either for lower. The Laramie has a few things the big horn doesn't that I want but may go with the Big Horn if I can't pass it up!

emings

Reaction score
Looking between 2020 Big Horn or 2020 Laramie with a few more options. Below are the two offers. Do you think I can get better on either? If so, think there is wiggle room to get OTD on the Laramie?

2020 Big Horn
MSRP 52790
Vehicle Price = 41,790

2020 Laramie
MSRP 56380
Vehicle Price = 47,500

Realistically how much lower do you think I could get either for lower. The Laramie has a few things the big horn doesn't that I want but may go with the Big Horn if I can't pass it up!
Which one do you like better Cloth or Leather...If its leather then the Laramie still has some wiggle room on the price.

vegaskeith

Reaction score
About the only inventory and deals on the west is Tobin in Henderson NV. Up to $9,000 off plus rebates. They have 35 1500 diesels.

Mike7311

Reaction score
Which one do you like better Cloth or Leather...If its leather then the Laramie still has some wiggle room on the price.
Agreed, Laramie has room, another 2k, 3k if you negotiate hard. The BIGHORN maybe another 1k if they are motivated to sell. The big question is leather, in my case I hated leather with my last truck. I would only go with the premium cloth though.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just came from the JD Power / NADA website. Put in my 2021 Laramie with all the options I ordered.
The Price was the same MSRP, but they give you the Dealer Invoice price too. Basically about 8% lower.

My MSRP $71,155 - Invoice $65,605

Malodave

cfish7722

Reaction score
I like the leather better! And the Laramie has the blind spot monitoring which I want. How much more wiggle room should I push for??

neeginan

Reaction score
I am working on a deal on a Ram. This thread has been helpful, so thank you all who have contributed.

I will point out that some key details that have a huge effect on the overall deal. What I have found is that dealers are offering attractive discounts and incentives off of MSRP, and then clawing chunks of it back in terms of fees. Dealer fees are nothing new of course, but they very greatly and have a huge affect on the actual discount provided. The fees clawbacks range from $899 to $2690 depending on the dealers that I have been speaking with.

If you post your deal, you should net it out. For example,
Dealer 1: $10k off MSRP with $899 fee actually equates to $9101 off MSRP.
Dealer 2: $11k off MSRP with $2690 fee actually equates to $8310 off MSRP.

So Dealer 2 offers a better discount, but actually Dealer 1 offers the best deal. Just wanted to point that out as I expect others are going through this as well. If you list your % off MSRP without indicating the fees that were added back, it's an incomplete picture imho.

And the best way would be to actually net out the discount as a percentage of MSRP after all fees, IMHO.

Also, from a financing perspective if you want the 0% financing, the discounts/incentives are reduced greatly. What I have learned is that the 0% financing offer is not as attractive as taking the extra (full) discounts/incentives up front, taking an interest based FCA financing package and then refinancing with your own credit union or bank after 6 months or so. Just an FYI.

neeginan

Reaction score

2020 Big Horn
MSRP 52790
Vehicle Price = 41,790

2020 Laramie
MSRP 56380
Vehicle Price = 47,500

I have an offer for a 2020 Big Horn with Dealer Discounts + Rebates = $11,000 off of a $53,675 MSRP. It does require me to trade in a vehicle to get the $11k off. If I don't, the Discounts + Rebates drop to $10,000. This particular dealer that I am talking to has a relatively low $899 dealer fee so I feel this is a very good deal.

You may want to see what conditions are on the $11k they are offering you. EG do you have to trade in a car? If so, then it becomes another negotiation regarding getting fair value for your trade. And what other dealer fees will they have on the deal to claw back some of that discount that they offer. Just a suggestion.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Salesman said that the total Fees added are only $410.
NH Title Fee is Mandated at $27
"No Sales Tax"
Tags are Calculated on the Base Price of the Vehicle.
1st Year $18 per $1K, 2nd Year $15 per $1K, ETC.

Now if the Finance Guy upsells you on overpriced add ons,
That is your problem to say NO!

Malodave

Bose48

Reaction score
Well I am now a proud ram owner. First Ram Truck that I've ever owned. I feel like i did well. I was able to get all the rebates + 3.99% Thru Chrysler Capital. I guess I could have pushed and taken 0% but that would have knocked off several rebates. Running on 2 hours of sleep it sounded like I was ballpark where I wanted to be and I signed. Im happy with it. If not I'll have my credit union take a look and see if they can beat it.

AbitaPro

Reaction score
I like the leather better! And the Laramie has the blind spot monitoring which I want. How much more wiggle room should I push for??
Where are you located? The location and dealer makes the difference in what you can buy for your money. My son just bought a 2021 Laramie loaded with pano roof, power steps and 12” display, ORP 4x4 for $48. Seems pretty good price to me.

PS: A no BS deal, without dealer BS markups....

SparksNVRebel

Reaction score
Silly question: is it possible to transfer my build to another dealership? the dealership closer to me was able to match the same offer and instead of re-creating my build, I was hoping to just transfer it. Plus I already invested 2.5 weeks in waiting. the current status is D1

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where are you located? The location and dealer makes the difference in what you can buy for your money. My son just bought a 2021 Laramie loaded with pano roof, power steps and 12” display, ORP 4x4 for $48. Seems pretty good price to me.

Could we see your son's entire Build with options?
I'm sure he didn't get the 3.0L Diesel. That's a $5K option.

My 2021 Laramie Came to $71,155 MSRP
I pretty much got every Option but the Pano Roof, Tailgate, or RamBoxes.
I did it this way because of the way Tags are charged each year as a
Percentage of the Base Vehicle price. If I got the Limited, the Base Price
would have been about $20K higher.

Thanks,
Malodave

Grouper

Reaction score

"Loaded" is entirely subjective. The Advanced Safety Group, Technology Group, Level 2 Equipment Group, Sport Appearance Package vs. Night Edition, etc., Bed Utility Group, Multi-Function Tailgate, Ramboxes...

The above equipment can be a $10K+ delta between configurations.

"Loaded" is meaningless without quantification.

emings

Reaction score
I am working on a deal on a Ram. This thread has been helpful, so thank you all who have contributed.

I will point out that some key details that have a huge effect on the overall deal. What I have found is that dealers are offering attractive discounts and incentives off of MSRP, and then clawing chunks of it back in terms of fees. Dealer fees are nothing new of course, but they very greatly and have a huge affect on the actual discount provided. The fees clawbacks range from $899 to $2690 depending on the dealers that I have been speaking with.

If you post your deal, you should net it out. For example,
Dealer 1: $10k off MSRP with $899 fee actually equates to $9101 off MSRP.
Dealer 2: $11k off MSRP with $2690 fee actually equates to $8310 off MSRP.

So Dealer 2 offers a better discount, but actually Dealer 1 offers the best deal. Just wanted to point that out as I expect others are going through this as well. If you list your % off MSRP without indicating the fees that were added back, it's an incomplete picture imho.

And the best way would be to actually net out the discount as a percentage of MSRP after all fees, IMHO.

Also, from a financing perspective if you want the 0% financing, the discounts/incentives are reduced greatly. What I have learned is that the 0% financing offer is not as attractive as taking the extra (full) discounts/incentives up front, taking an interest based FCA financing package and then refinancing with your own credit union or bank after 6 months or so. Just an FYI.
I found something a little different during my search here in Texas...I found the dealers here add "packages" to the trucks (things like suspension lifts, window tint, window etching etc.) that peel back in some cases the entire dealer discount.

BenKjen

Reaction score

Where is your son located? I'm looking for a similar truck (depending now hat the rest of "loaded" means)...

Users who are viewing this thread