5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

emings

Reaction score
With the all new 2021 Ford F150 coming out, it seems they have raised the rebates on their remaining 2020's, I think close to $12,000. I can only hope RAM will choose to compete on a similar level. For those of you thinking of pulling the trigger, may want to consider waiting until Oct or possibly the Nov/Dec end of year deals to see where we end up. The RAM 2021's will be on lots by then and will hopefully present some opportunities. I know I am locked and loaded if the numbers come back down to reasonable. No way I'd buy in this current market if I didn't HAVE to, just my 2 cents.
That includes dealer discount on the F-150

laramie4x4

Reaction score
With the all new 2021 Ford F150 coming out, it seems they have raised the rebates on their remaining 2020's, I think close to $12,000. I can only hope RAM will choose to compete on a similar level. For those of you thinking of pulling the trigger, may want to consider waiting until Oct or possibly the Nov/Dec end of year deals to see where we end up. The RAM 2021's will be on lots by then and will hopefully present some opportunities. I know I am locked and loaded if the numbers come back down to reasonable. No way I'd buy in this current market if I didn't HAVE to, just my 2 cents.
Agree with this. However RAM probably thought about that too, they probably wouldn't make more 2020s and just push 2021s out at lower discount. Long term though, demand must catch up to supply and we shall see higher % discount than it is now.

For now, I am locked and loaded like you are, and we'll see who pulls the trigger first :)

Fishwiz

Reaction score
Difference is that the 2021 f150 is totally new... That gives them more incentive to discount the 2020 f150. Yes, ram will continue to discount their 2020, but probably not as heavily as Ford this year since this isnt a major model change for Ram

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

drkidwell1524

Reaction score
So after 14 years with a company car, I got a new job and was able to by my new 2020 this week. If your looking for lots of Rebates and Incentives, This is the the best deal I found and it ends in Sept.

It's on the Longhorn package. If you can live without leather ( which I thought I couldn't ) the cloth seats are much more comfortable.

Few of the significant options on this Ram where:
Night Edition, 4x4, Hemi VVT 12" screen, Alpine 9 speaker with sub, front and back parking sensors and blind spot monitoring. Everything else was standard I think for this Trim Level...Cloth seats, 400 watt inverter with 2 plugs ect….

MSRP $54,845
2020 Ram 1500 Crew and quad Cab
retail bonus cash -$1k
2020 Ram 1500 dt crew and quad big horn
and Lonstar retail bonus cash -$1k
2020 ram 1500 dt crew retail customer
cash allowance -$2k
2020 ram 1500 dt crew big horn
with V8 Engine retail bonus cash -$1k
AutoNation Savings -$5,236
USAA -$1k

Total= $43,609.00

$11,236.00 off MSRP, not too bad. I may have been able to get more somewhere else but this dealer really didn't play any games. They came with a great price, and then I added the USAA $1k rebate.

Rau

Reaction score
My local dealer matched Koons, but I think they can go down by a couple of thousands.

Do you think it is realistic?
1601079721317.png

Shanethism

Reaction score
Difference is that the 2021 f150 is totally new... That gives them more incentive to discount the 2020 f150. Yes, ram will continue to discount their 2020, but probably not as heavily as Ford this year since this isnt a major model change for Ram

agreed, unfortunately

Shanethism

Reaction score
I can wait, too, but if I want past the end of this month now my trade is a 3 year old truck instead of a 2 year old truck. Rebates on Laramies are OK right now. If I can get the dealer discount I want on the truck I want, I'm going to pull the trigger in the next few days. I've been shopping very aggressively in the last two weeks over a 200 mile radius and have already lost out on three trucks that would have worked for me at a price I could live with. Inventory is SO low right now. A new 2020 that is right what I'm looking for just hit the lot about an hour and a half away, I'm waiting to hear on numbers from them.
I totally get it, its really tough to negotiate in the current circumstances.

Rambunktious

Reaction score
Hello guys if i have usaa and penfed how do i get the $1000 dollar certificate?
For USAA, go to the Car Buying Program link in the Products tab, but you need to hurry. USAA is ending their car buying program on September 30th. However, if you can get the code before 30 Sep, it is good for 45 days. If you don't use it by then, it will expire. PenFed is probably similar as far as obtaining the code through their website. Good luck!

artu4bbk

Reaction score
What do you guys think on this deal? Should I ask for more off?

Attachments

• IMG_95761.jpg
    IMG_95761.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 133

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What do you guys think on this deal? Should I ask for more off?

Is the $53,155 the trucks MSRP? And before TTL it’s $42,632?

I feel that’s a good deal. Good on you for getting the dealer add-on removed.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score

@artu4bbk Ah thank you! I’d get the wheel locks removed. And what’s the $200 delivery fee? Are you purchasing from out of the area and they’re delivering it to you?

Dontra

Reaction score
2021 Patriot Blue, Lonestar or Bighorn, Crew cab 4x2, 5.7 bed, 5.7 Hemi etorque, Level 2, anti-spin 321 rear end, Air ride, 33 gal tank, 18 in wheels, Multifunction tailgate, Ram box, BUG. Wheel liners, MT Brown Deluxe bucket seats, 8.4 no navigation, Trailer brake controller. Front and rear rubber mats. remote start. parksence. 52xxx MSRP 47xxx.. Just 1 phone call, no haggle. I was lazy today.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

The 21 F150 is not totally new, its got a newish interior and a refreshed front grill, aside from that truck is unchanged in the last 10-14 years. Ford can give deeper discounts because they make it up on volume

117170551_753289128763438_2752018465694788209_n.jpg

EJ84

Reaction score
If you finance thru Chrysler do you get no payments for 90 days or is it only if you take the 0% option?

Bas

Reaction score
Ford dealers locally don't discount much, neither do the ram dealers, but overall you'll get more truck in my opinion with the ram for less money.
The 2021 ford has way more engine choices and added a really nice hybrid plus this onboard generator.
I was dead set on getting a ram but the unwillingness of the local dealers to make a deal and my wife getting fed up, I just bought a used f150 limited. And I have to say that I really like it.

dean77

Reaction score
The Koons price for a factory ordered vehicle is FWP (invoice) minus 6%, minus any rebates available at time of delivery (+ $899 "Processing" + Tax & Tags).

Yes, I got quotes from Ferman, Jim Browne and Jerry Ulm. Ferman and Jim Brown quoted the Affiliates Rewards price of FWP minus $500. Obviously, I qualify for the Affiliate Rewards program through my employer.

Jerry Ulm was a sh*t show. They sent several canned, automated email replies trying to get my phone number. When I finally got the "Internet Sales Consultant" to reply, he just wanted to play games. He effectively refused to give a quote online and constantly deflected with canned replies of "what time this week or weekend would you like to come on in and order your special build?"

Ferman's initial quote for an ordered vehicle was basically MSRP. I then told the salesperson that I qualify for Affiliate Rewards and they subsequently quoted FWP minus $500. I told the salesperson if he'd match the Koons price, I'd drive over and sign the papers right now. It took five days for them to say they couldn't (wouldn't?) match the price.

I obviously don't know what rebates I'll qualify for at delivery but if you have the flexibility to fly-and-drive, and if you want to order a specific configuration, I'm not sure how much better you can do than Koons. It was as hassle free as one could hope for. Everything was done via email and a single two minute phone call.
Damn..... i got a quote From Koons for a loaded 2021 limited and only got 3.5% off of FWP. Guess the salesperson you get makes a difference!.

slatersan

Reaction score
2020 Laramie, 5.7 ET, Advanced Safety Group, Laramie Level 2, Uconnect 12.1, BUG, Panoramic Sunroof, MFT, Rambox, 20 Inch Wheels, All Weather Mats

MSRP $65,285. Price before TTL $51, 733 ( $3500 in rebates). 20.2% off. Price after TTL and $500 trade proceeds... $53,495 ...19.3% off MSRP OTD, All In. Very Happy with this deal. 4.5 hr(9 round trip) away. It pays to wait, stalk, and be ready to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online