5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Ivan44

Reaction score
I have been asking for a 2500 quote for a few months now and I live in the area as well and have had the same response from the same handful of local Tampa RAM dealerships. I have had to go further out from Tampa, like Brooksville and Bartow to actually have someone respond with a decent build quote for a RAM 2500. I know the 1500 has better rebates or discounts than the 2500 but still local Tampa dealers are just not budging on prices since trucks are selling quickly.
florida is a joke for sure.

BacktheBlue00

Reaction score
Florida dealers will not deal over the phone because there are no high volume dealers here. There are a ton of shady ones also that will advertise a low price, only to tack on dealer addons. I don't understand these dealers tinting windows automatically with the crappy tint. On a side note I found a reasonable dealer in Central Florida that was great to work with and got a good deal on a truck that wasn't even on the lot yet. If any one down here is interested, Bill Bryan in Fruit Park was great to deal with. Avoid Airport CDJ. Napleton is hit and miss.

artu4bbk

Reaction score
Hello guys if i have usaa and penfed how do i get the $1000 dollar certificate?

AK103

Reaction score
The Koons price for a factory ordered vehicle is FWP (invoice) minus 6%, minus any rebates available at time of delivery (+ $899 "Processing" + Tax & Tags).

Yes, I got quotes from Ferman, Jim Browne and Jerry Ulm. Ferman and Jim Brown quoted the Affiliates Rewards price of FWP minus $500. Obviously, I qualify for the Affiliate Rewards program through my employer.

Jerry Ulm was a sh*t show. They sent several canned, automated email replies trying to get my phone number. When I finally got the "Internet Sales Consultant" to reply, he just wanted to play games. He effectively refused to give a quote online and constantly deflected with canned replies of "what time this week or weekend would you like to come on in and order your special build?"

Ferman's initial quote for an ordered vehicle was basically MSRP. I then told the salesperson that I qualify for Affiliate Rewards and they subsequently quoted FWP minus $500. I told the salesperson if he'd match the Koons price, I'd drive over and sign the papers right now. It took five days for them to say they couldn't (wouldn't?) match the price.

I obviously don't know what rebates I'll qualify for at delivery but if you have the flexibility to fly-and-drive, and if you want to order a specific configuration, I'm not sure how much better you can do than Koons. It was as hassle free as one could hope for. Everything was done via email and a single two minute phone call.

I can guarantee you, it's 20 times worse down here in South Florida.
That being said, I'll be ordering a limited from Craig shortly too and driving down.

AK103

Reaction score
Florida dealers will not deal over the phone because there are no high volume dealers here. There are a ton of shady ones also that will advertise a low price, only to tack on dealer addons. I don't understand these dealers tinting windows automatically with the crappy tint. On a side note I found a reasonable dealer in Central Florida that was great to work with and got a good deal on a truck that wasn't even on the lot yet. If any one down here is interested, Bill Bryan in Fruit Park was great to deal with. Avoid Airport CDJ. Napleton is hit and miss.

I'm working a ton of hours at the hospital due to covid and studying for my board exam. I called Napleton, told them I'd do $60k OTD on a $65K Limited.
They told me done deal, come in tomorrow on (Labor Day mind you) - I came into work only to waste two hours at the dealership, and have them tell me "we made a mistake - we thought you're trading in a truck, we're not doing 60k" -

I told them on the phone, if they can't do $60k OTD on it, that's perfectly fine - I'll continue searching, but I didn't have time to go back and forth at the dealership.

revvr

Reaction score
2020 Ram Rebel in Southern California (lease)

MSRP: $61,785
Selling Price: $ 55,308.74 (about 10.5% discount)

This is before rebates which added $3,000 to the discount, bringing the price down to $52,308.74. In total it was about a 15% discount, which is really good on this truck in this area. I worked for 2 months to find this deal.

After I signed, I asked the salesman, how did you do it? He said it had been a slow day and they HAD to move something. Guess I got lucky.

I had practically given up on the RAM because for weeks I toured dealerships and got laughed off the lot when I stated the dealer discount I wanted to make the deal work. I was actually looking at Trail Bosses when I caught a lucky break and a RAM dealership suddenly lowered their price (likely due to 21's arriving), prompting me to hunt the RAM again at several dealerships until I found this one. Patience saved me a lot of money.

For either leasing or buying, I highly suggest using cargurus.com to find cars that have been sitting on the lot for a while. Those are the ones dealers are eager to move out. Use this feature:

cargurus.jpg

The above is a truck that you are likely to catch a break on since it has been at this dealer for 3 months and it was at another dealership prior to that. This tool is really handy, especially in competitive markets with limited stock like the greater Los Angeles area. Trail Bosses are going over MSRP right now.

Last edited:

Coog61

Reaction score
I looking to purchase a 1500 in the next few months. I qualify for Affiliate Rewards though my employer. Is this always the best price to start negotiations with? Typically are there incentives on top? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rau

Reaction score
I got Koons offer. Thanks to this forum!

MSRP: $59170 (config is attached)
Selling Price: $51349 + tax, tags and $899 processing fees.
Minus any rebates at delivery.

My question is how rebates works. Are there seasonal, regional and affiliated rebates? If yes, do True Car and employer discount is going to be applicable in any case? The last time I bought my RAM I was told that I had employer rebate. I didn't care about drop down of rebates vs dealers discount as I was given $12K down from MSRP.

This whole rebates thing is not clear to me at all.

Attachments

• Koons pricing.pdf
    322.3 KB · Views: 65

Rau

Reaction score
I looking to purchase a 1500 in the next few months. I qualify for Affiliate Rewards though my employer. Is this always the best price to start negotiations with? Typically are there incentives on top? Thanks

My employer is also in the list of the companies, but it says "fleet" where majority have "supplier" before the last column. Does anyone know what this means?

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Typically when you use affiliate rewards (likely 1% under invoice) there will be no more negotiating. That will be your discount plus any applicable rebates.

I always suggest that you keep that rewards information under wraps until negotiations have stalled. Sometimes you can actually get a better deal not using your affiliates rewards (depending on the size of the dealer discount). For example, on the Big Horn Built to Serve I picked up last month, it had a $5,500 dealer discount. With an MSRP of $57.5K, that dealer discount dropped the price to $52K...then the applicable rebates on to of that.

Had I used an affiliated reward (1% under invoice) that would have been $53.5K ($54K Invoice). So I actually saved $1.5K by not using the rewards and just negotiating the deal.

Morenar

Reaction score
I got Koons offer. Thanks to this forum!

MSRP: $59170 (config is attached)
Selling Price: $51349 + tax, tags and $899 processing fees.
Minus any rebates at delivery.

My question is how rebates works. Are there seasonal, regional and affiliated rebates? If yes, do True Car and employer discount is going to be applicable in any case? The last time I bought my RAM I was told that I had employer rebate. I didn't care about drop down of rebates vs dealers discount as I was given $12K down from MSRP.

This whole rebates thing is not clear to me at all.
Rau, Did you reach out to the internet manager for a quote or sales manager? I haven't had luck getting response from dealers out of state.

Rau

Reaction score
Dealer was able to add my employer discount as 0.5% on top of his last offer and below are final numbers.

What do you guys think the rebates will be in November?
page1image6528320

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What do you guys think the rebates will be in November?

Unfortunately nobody knows what the upcoming rebates will be. October rebates might be a good indicator, however. See how the rebates change for your trim level (if they change) between this month and October once they’re released next week.

If I had to guess, I’d imagine there would be little change on the 2021 models since they’re just starting to hit lots.

Reactions: Rau

Shanethism

Reaction score
With the all new 2021 Ford F150 coming out, it seems they have raised the rebates on their remaining 2020's, I think close to $12,000. I can only hope RAM will choose to compete on a similar level. For those of you thinking of pulling the trigger, may want to consider waiting until Oct or possibly the Nov/Dec end of year deals to see where we end up. The RAM 2021's will be on lots by then and will hopefully present some opportunities. I know I am locked and loaded if the numbers come back down to reasonable. No way I'd buy in this current market if I didn't HAVE to, just my 2 cents.

Rau

Reaction score
I bought my first 2019 RAM in August 2018. There were not many available on dealers lot, we managed to get $12K below MSRP on one of them (MSRP $60K, final $48K before taxes and fees). Year later in August or September my friend bought 2019 RAM 1500 from the same dealer with my help. $55K MSRP for $43K.

I really hope that November or December discounts and rebates should be better than now, unless situation drastically changed due to COVID.

I will bring Koon's offer to the dealer I bought the trucks above and let you know how it goes.

Coog61

Reaction score
With the all new 2021 Ford F150 coming out, it seems they have raised the rebates on their remaining 2020's, I think close to $12,000. I can only hope RAM will choose to compete on a similar level. For those of you thinking of pulling the trigger, may want to consider waiting until Oct or possibly the Nov/Dec end of year deals to see where we end up. The RAM 2021's will be on lots by then and will hopefully present some opportunities. I know I am locked and loaded if the numbers come back down to reasonable. No way I'd buy in this current market if I didn't HAVE to, just my 2 cents.

Good points. Looking at carguru their are several 2020 Limited’s in the area that have been on the lot for more than a year. Will see what happens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BDRam

Reaction score
Purchased 2020 1500 Laramie 4x4 out of state. West FL dealers were not dealing very well and didn't have the largest selection.
Found one in TN through RAM search and sales person got somewhat aggressive since he knew I'm coming from FL. We flew up 4 weeks ago and drove it home. With COVID, it was good to get out of the house anyway. For some reason the rebates seemed better in TN.

MSRP $59925
-$6000 total rebates from Ram
-$4925 dealer discount
=$49000 sales price before taxes, etc.

Total savings was 18%. I was very happy with this. Now on to accessories.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I can wait, too, but if I want past the end of this month now my trade is a 3 year old truck instead of a 2 year old truck. Rebates on Laramies are OK right now. If I can get the dealer discount I want on the truck I want, I'm going to pull the trigger in the next few days. I've been shopping very aggressively in the last two weeks over a 200 mile radius and have already lost out on three trucks that would have worked for me at a price I could live with. Inventory is SO low right now. A new 2020 that is right what I'm looking for just hit the lot about an hour and a half away, I'm waiting to hear on numbers from them.

Users who are viewing this thread