5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

EJ84

Reaction score
Some opinions please.
2020 Ram crew MSRP $52,105
Price before TTL $40,990
That includes $7,000 in rebates plus $500.00 true car

Fishwiz

Reaction score
Some opinions please.
2020 Ram crew MSRP $52,105
Price before TTL $40,990
That includes $7,000 in rebates plus $500.00 true car
Looks like your in the ballpark of 20% off MSRP (assuming I didn't horribly fail at my quick math). Based on that is say it sounds pretty good from what I've seen here.

Bighorn, right (my assumption ased on that msrp)? If it was a Laramie I think that's a great deal since they're not rebated as well.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

EJ84

Reaction score
Looks like your in the ballpark of 20% off MSRP (assuming I didn't horribly fail at my quick math). Based on that is say it sounds pretty good from what I've seen here.

Bighorn, right (my assumption ased on that msrp)? If it was a Laramie I think that's a great deal since they're not rebated as well.

Correct it’s a Bighorn with night package, which inventory seems low on. I offered $39,500 but they wouldn’t take it. I think for Massachusetts it’s a good deal, trying to decide if I should wait until October.

emings

Reaction score
Correct it’s a Bighorn with night package, which inventory seems low on. I offered $39,500 but they wouldn’t take it. I think for Massachusetts it’s a good deal, trying to decide if I should wait until October.
I would go back and offer 39,900 for it I think there's still room to save on your end.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
what is this Koons that everyone is talking about?

Koons is a Ram dealership back East and is a forum supporter. Craig is the salesperson that handles the orders for members of this site. There’s a separate sub-forum that has more info.

emings

Reaction score
They are holding tight on the price, not sure if I should wait or not....?
If you like the truck its a good enough deal to pull the trigger on it but I would get the dealer to throw in something as an added incentive.

Fishwiz

Reaction score
They are holding tight on the price, not sure if I should wait or not....?
It sounds like you want it. I also understand you want to feel like you got the best deal possible.... But in reality a few hundred dollars difference won't matter in a few months or a year when you can't even remember the exact price paid. I think your deal is at least reasonably good (ie. good enough).

I think it's most important to make sure you get the truck you want (features) and then enjoy the purchase with as little stress as possible. Buying trucks should be fun, right?

Just my opinion....

Last edited:

emings

Reaction score
It sounds like you want it. I also understand you want to feel like you got the best deal possible.... But in reality a few hundred dollars difference won't matter in a few months or a year and you can't even remember the exact price paid. I think your deal is at least reasonably good (ie. good enough).

I think it's most important to make sure you get the truck you want (features) and then enjoy the purchase with as little stress as possible. Buying trucks should be fun, right?

Just my opinion....

Ill second this opinion...if theyre firm on the price just have them throw in some nice floor mats or a window tint to even the deal a little

EJ84

Reaction score
Great advice. It is the truck I want and inventory does seem low. I just don’t want to feel like I left thousands on the table. I guess I’ll sleep on it and see what happens tomorrow.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Great advice. It is the truck I want and inventory does seem low. I just don’t want to feel like I left thousands on the table. I guess I’ll sleep on it and see what happens tomorrow.

Bighorns and Laramies are a bit different but, imo, if the truck is everything you want and you're $500-1000 apart, get the truck. Rebates snd prices generally have gone unchanged since April or have gotten worse.
People keep saying wait for next month to see if the rebates get better but they have not.
I kept waiting and waiting but the rebates never improved, once the truck i wanted came back within $2000 of the March prices, and some negotiating soni bought my truck.
I can tell you that the finalization of pain in my *** process far outweighs the concerns of leaving money on the table. I still check prices occasionally and haven't seen prices come down lower than I paid but the satisfaction of having the new truck is better than still trying to find a better deal.

One other thing that I've noticed is that FCA has far more sub prime buyers than other brands. The significance of this is that they don't have to deal with the educated buyer when they have a subprime borrower right behind you. This is one of the reasons I think so many of us have had problems getting deals and dealers acting as though they don't need your business or not returning calls/emails, because they don't.

Screenshot_20200927-214316_Instagram.jpg

This is the finance agreement on a Challenger Scat Pack car

Ccroce

Reaction score
A few members have mentioned the desire to have a price paid thread so I decided to do one and pin it here so it will be easy for everyone to find.

I think the best way to make this thread is as follows:
MSRP of the specific truck
What Rebates and incentives were applied and $ amounts
Any further negotiations
Final price

Please do not include trade in values, taxes, OTD price or anything like that as those are all variable depending on where you live etc. Rebates and incentives are also regional so also please post up where you purchased the truck and when.

Example:

2016 Ram 1500 Sport

MSRP $64,440
-$10,000 rebate from Ram
-$1000 skilled trades rebate
-$3940 additional negotiated at dealer
=$49,500 paid

Vancouver. B.C August 2016

2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
5.7L HEMI eTorque
Preferred Package 27H

MSRP: $53,365
Dealer Discount: -$3,855
Retail Bonus Cash: -$1,500
National Retail Consumer Cash: -$1,000
Total Paid: $46,999 before trade, taxes, fees

Massachusetts

Attachments

• GetStickers.pdf
    95.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 3CCE6748-0701-4FB7-900F-764CD8294D08.jpeg
    3CCE6748-0701-4FB7-900F-764CD8294D08.jpeg
    336.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 7C09E53D-4679-42A8-A7B1-0084C1619C0B.jpeg
    7C09E53D-4679-42A8-A7B1-0084C1619C0B.jpeg
    165.7 KB · Views: 57
  • AF5FC676-D666-43F9-9CD4-03415659C349.png
    AF5FC676-D666-43F9-9CD4-03415659C349.png
    595.4 KB · Views: 53

baccigalup

Reaction score
A few dealers told me they are ramping up for something big. Lots of 2021s will hit the market soon and they are offering 0 percent on them now. Trying to decide if pulling the plug now will yield a better discount at delivery over waiting for my specific build to hit the lot and going for the known discount while its hot. Hate all this waiting....right now my best price on a laramie i want is about 13 percent under msrp before taxes, without any rebates..i think there is room but I have not seen laramies get the 20 percent discounts the bighorns are getting .

Ccroce

Reaction score
A few dealers told me they are ramping up for something big. Lots of 2021s will hit the market soon and they are offering 0 percent on them now. Trying to decide if pulling the plug now will yield a better discount at delivery over waiting for my specific build to hit the lot and going for the known discount while its hot. Hate all this waiting....right now my best price on a laramie i want is about 13 percent under msrp before taxes, without any rebates..i think there is room but I have not seen laramies get the 20 percent discounts the bighorns are getting .
Sounds about right

joshj84

Reaction score
What kind of deals should someone look for in october / november / black friday? Is it still to shoot for 20% or historically do you get even better then?

emings

Reaction score
What kind of deals should someone look for in october / november / black friday? Is it still to shoot for 20% or historically do you get even better then?
You can get a good deal anytime of the year but the best times are at the end of the quarter (March,June,September,December) when FCA is pushing for those final sales numbers. Just ask the folks who bought in June of last year the deal they got they'll tell you all about it.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Best I've been able to see is 14%, but they were thousands $$$ low on my trade. I have a couple dealers at 12% off MSRP dealer discount, or about there, with a good price on my trade as well. I just need to hear back from them on a few final things and will pull the trigger on the best final deal in the next day or two.

Users who are viewing this thread