5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

reidcc

Reaction score
I wished I coulda done that well in Mass, but I got the Quad Cab which misses out on the 2K Conquest GM trade. Mine was almost 53K and I got 8850 off. Mine was 495 in Lowell. My local dealer(Bouchard) had nothing, as did Salvadore.

Chris
Correct it’s a Bighorn with night package, which inventory seems low on. I offered $39,500 but they wouldn’t take it. I think for Massachusetts it’s a good deal, trying to decide if I should wait until October.

EJ84

Reaction score
Its a Night edition, and if that is your big draw to it- I wouldn't wait...pickins are getting slim.
I really like the night package, but the sport package is growing on me. I may pull the trigger tomorrow on something.

Last edited:

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
A few dealers told me they are ramping up for something big. Lots of 2021s will hit the market soon and they are offering 0 percent on them now. Trying to decide if pulling the plug now will yield a better discount at delivery over waiting for my specific build to hit the lot and going for the known discount while its hot. Hate all this waiting....right now my best price on a laramie i want is about 13 percent under msrp before taxes, without any rebates..i think there is room but I have not seen laramies get the 20 percent discounts the bighorns are getting .

They've been saying that since May

baccigalup

Reaction score
I just got a pretty good deal on a 2021 at about 15 percent under before tax, but they lowballed on the trade. Offered me about 6k under kbb and added phony 2k trade assist to be 4k short of my best offer for the trade....now I have another salesman contacting me from the same place saying he is the person to deal with..I dont play these games....on another note can anyone confirm is the 2021 0 percent offer in conjunction with any rebates or on top of? One guy told me you get both and its never been done before now..and it's only on 2021s........not sure I can confirm that yet. Dont see any disclaimers on the incentive offers.

slatersan

Reaction score
I just got a pretty good deal on a 2021 at about 15 percent under before tax, but they lowballed on the trade. Offered me about 6k under kbb and added phony 2k trade assist to be 4k short of my best offer for the trade....now I have another salesman contacting me from the same place saying he is the person to deal with..I dont play these games....on another note can anyone confirm is the 2021 0 percent offer in conjunction with any rebates or on top of? One guy told me you get both and its never been done before now..and it's only on 2021s........not sure I can confirm that yet. Dont see any disclaimers on the incentive offers.

Check Carvana...they've been pricing high( for good stock) on buying cars straight up.

laramie4x4

Reaction score
A few dealers told me they are ramping up for something big. Lots of 2021s will hit the market soon and they are offering 0 percent on them now. Trying to decide if pulling the plug now will yield a better discount at delivery over waiting for my specific build to hit the lot and going for the known discount while its hot. Hate all this waiting....right now my best price on a laramie i want is about 13 percent under msrp before taxes, without any rebates..i think there is room but I have not seen laramies get the 20 percent discounts the bighorns are getting .

they are still catching up on the 3 lost months in production. if you can't wait, gotta pay up :)
fredgraph.png

baccigalup

Reaction score
they are still catching up on the 3 lost months in production. if you can't wait, gotta pay up :)
View attachment 70204
Looking at covid increasing again and states threatening to shut down again, i can't imagine production not stopping again at some point. There might be a glut of cars in December to be had but I'm ansy........i might wait a few days to see what October brings but i may just go for a build instead to get what i really want and hope it times for some additional discounts. I have been on the fence for months and making my wife nuts about it..I am not good this waiting game...I want my pudding and I want it now....

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So after three weeks of dealing with dealers that are either not even close to my price point or the ones that are not calling me back to actually confirm the deal, I have just done a deal today and put a deposit down. They seem to have been very motivated because it is the end of the quarter, insisting on delivery tomorrow. It is a two and a half hour drive, but worth it to me for saving $300+ in absolute dollars and almost $900 in value (there is a $555 MSRP difference) vs. the next lowest priced dealer. I also would have had to drive 1:45 to meet the other dealer half-way in distance.

It is a Level 1 Laramie, 3.21 gears, delmonico red, upgraded wheels, bucket seats, trailer brake control, wheel well liners. It is etorque, which I'm not crazy about mostly because of the smaller gas tank, but as long as it is reliable and I don't have problems like some have had especially with the 2019s then I'm OK with it. I know I can always put in the 33 gal but I think it costs over $1,000.

The other truck was not etorque, didn't have wheel well liners or trailer brake controller, but did have rubber floor mats (but the dealer I made the deal with will sell them to me at cost). I gave the one dealer a chance to make the sale on Saturday if they would throw in and install wheel well liners, they refused. So they just lost a sale over a $200 accessory that probably cost them $125.

MSRP: $55,055
Discount: $6606.60 (12%)
Rebates: $5,500 ($3,000 regular, $500 Chrysler Financial, $1,000 Conquest, $1,000 PenFed). They are being a little funny about the PenFed because they haven't dealt with that before, but should get it worked out. I sent them my code.

Price of just the truck: $42,948 (22% off)
Doc fee and title/registration: $650
Trade (2018 F150 XLT 302A plus some extras): $35,500 (I got offers anywhere from $32,500 to $35,500, with most between $34,500 and $35,000).
Payoff on trade: about $20,800
Total OTD, plus tax: $28,897

Thinking I did alright considering the market. I don't think there was any more to squeeze on this deal. I was only in the market now because used prices are so high: my truck is worth $7000 more on trade than it was 6 months ago. That more than makes up for losing $1000-2000 on the price of the new truck in a more normal market.

Last edited:

FastnGarnet

Reaction score
Just joined this forum after purchasing my first Ram yesterday. Figured me and the dealer were too far apart on price after I walked out earlier in the week. They called me back on Monday and got me within $750 OTD that I wanted to pay.

Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
Ivory White Tri-Coat Pearl
Sport Appearance Package
Laramie Level 1 Equipment
3.92 Gears
Anti-Spin Diff
5.7L Hemi eTorque
Pano Sunroof
Rear Wheel Liners
33 Gal Tank
Uconnect 12
Trailer Brake

MSRP: $60,385
Dealer Discount: $8127
Rebate: $3500
-$1500 Laramie Retail Cash
-$1000 Ram DT Retail Cash
-$1000 USA Special Incentive

Total Before Trade, Tax, Tag
$48,758

The discount is probably larger but that's how it shows on the paperwork. Everywhere else I went had my trade valued at least 2k underwater and this dealer gave me payoff+1k.

Last edited:

joshj84

Reaction score
Wher
Just joined this forum after purchasing my first Ram yesterday. Figured me and the dealer were too far apart on price after I walked out earlier in the week. They called me back on Monday and got me within $750 OTD that I wanted to pay.

Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
Ivory White Tri-Coat Pearl
Sport Appearance Package
Laramie Level 1 Equipment
3.92 Gears
Anti-Spin Diff
5.7L Hemi eTorque
Pano Sunroof
Rear Wheel Liners
33 Gal Tank
Uconnect 12
Trailer Brake

MSRP: $60,385
Dealer Discount: $8127
Rebate: $3500
-$1500 Laramie Retail Cash
-$1000 Ram DT Retail Cash
-$1000 USA Special Incentive

Total Before Trade, Tax, Tag
$48,758
Where'd ya get the deal done?

flyfingers

Reaction score
So after three weeks of dealing with dealers that are either not even close to my price point or the ones that are not calling me back to actually confirm the deal, I have just done a deal today and put a deposit down. They seem to have been very motivated because it is the end of the quarter, insisting on delivery tomorrow. It is a two and a half hour drive, but worth it to me for saving $300+ in absolute dollars and almost $900 in value (there is a $555 MSRP difference) vs. the next lowest priced dealer. I also would have had to drive 1:45 to meet the other dealer half-way in distance.

It is a Level 1 Laramie, 3.21 gears, delmonico red, upgraded wheels, bucket seats, trailer brake control, wheel well liners. It is etorque, which I'm not crazy about mostly because of the smaller gas tank, but as long as it is reliable and I don't have problems like some have had especially with the 2019s then I'm OK with it. I know I can always put in the 33 gal but I think it costs over $1,000.

The other truck was not etorque, didn't have wheel well liners or trailer brake controller, but did have rubber floor mats (but the dealer I made the deal with will sell them to me at cost). I gave the one dealer a chance to make the sale on Saturday if they would throw in and install wheel well liners, they refused. So they just lost a sale over a $200 accessory that probably cost them $125.

MSRP: $55,055
Discount: $6606.60 (12%)
Rebates: $5,500 ($3,000 regular, $500 Chrysler Financial, $1,000 Conquest, $1,000 PenFed). They are being a little funny about the PenFed because they haven't dealt with that before, but should get it worked out. I sent them my code.

Price of just the truck: $42,948 (22% off)
Doc fee and title/registration: $650
Trade (2018 F150 XLT 302A plus some extras): $35,500 (I got offers anywhere from $32,500 to $35,500, with most between $34,500 and $35,000).
Payoff on trade: about $20,800
Total OTD, plus tax: $28,897

Thinking I did alright considering the market. I don't think there was any more to squeeze on this deal. I was only in the market now because used prices are so high: my truck is worth $7000 more on trade than it was 6 months ago. That more than makes up for losing $1000-2000 on the price of the new truck in a more normal market.
I know what you're saying about the truck market being crazy right now as I just sold my '08 Chevy 2500 LTZ extended cab 4x4 with 105,000 miles (via Craigslist) for 3k more than I gave for it just over 2.5 yrs ago. Bought it for 18k in 2018 and sold it for 21k a few days ago. It went fast. I just put that $ away towards my future '21 Bighorn purchase.

Rau

Reaction score
I saw a couple of comments on getting financed through FCA for a discount and cancelling it to refinance with another lender, but I didn't catch all the details to understand the benefits of doing it.
What happens to GAP insurance if I cancel or refinance? Are there any fees associated with that?

Paultg

Reaction score
I saw a couple of comments on getting financed through FCA for a discount and cancelling it to refinance with another lender, but I didn't catch all the details to understand the benefits of doing it.
What happens to GAP insurance if I cancel or refinance? Are there any fees associated with that?
Just get your gap insurance through your auto insurance company.

Reactions: Rau

Ivan44

Reaction score
Just get your gap insurance through your auto insurance company.
I just bought my wife a vehicle. Dealer wanted $800 for gap. gap through Progressive insurance was $8 for 6 month. Yup. You read that right. You really only need it for a few years so maybe $48 for the first 3 years. Stealerships for sure.

reidcc

Reaction score
I really like the night package, but the sport package is growing on me. I may pull the trigger tomorrow on something.
The Sport package is what I ended up with. My pre-reqs were level 2 opt pkg and body colored bumpers with Hemi and Quad Cab. There were no Night Editions within 130 miles with that, and one Built to Serve in Gray at 130 miles. 25 miles away there were 4 Sport models with Chrome wheels. I ended up grabbing a white one with moonroof and 12 inch display as well.

I almost bought a Silverado RST, but once I drove the RAM it was all over.

Chris

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The benefit is to get a better interest rate. Not sure what happens to gap if you already purchased it, but most gap policies have a 30 day cancelation window.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looking at covid increasing again and states threatening to shut down again, i can't imagine production not stopping again at some point. There might be a glut of cars in December to be had but I'm ansy........i might wait a few days to see what October brings but i may just go for a build instead to get what i really want and hope it times for some additional discounts. I have been on the fence for months and making my wife nuts about it..I am not good this waiting game...I want my pudding and I want it now....

I very very seriously doubt that there will be glut of cars in December.

slick300

Reaction score
Dulles CDJR in VA near D.C.

How was Dulles to work with? I'm in upstate NY, but see their selection is awesome, and I may have occasion over the next few weeks to be down that way.

Also, how far from reality are the prices after 'Dulles discount' they list on their website?

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread