5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Mike7311

Reaction score
Here in SoCal California the BTS is a hot commodity and they will not cut a deal on them because people are willing to pay. There was one near me that we considered, but we went with a loaded Bighorn instead because of price. Also the BTS did not have the blind spot monitoring which is a must for trailering. I’d trade the sunroof for the blind spot monitoring any day. It is a cool package though, but we were able to get a better deal on the Night Package.

Skidowntown

Reaction score
patriot blue BTS
Big Horn level 2
Ram box
33gallon tank
12 inch screen
Rear wheel liner
Blind spot monitoring
MSRP: 55,895
OTD: 46,394

is OTD before or after taxes? Seems this isn't always consistent on the posts.

Dyom43

Reaction score
is OTD before or after taxes? Seems this isn't always consistent on the posts.
On my deal, since I’m trading in and the way taxes work, I will not owe taxes on the new vehicle, so that will be the price I finance.
I have a second dealer talking with me now that I told them about the first deal.The exact same set up, except it has sun roof, but no rear wheel liner. They are saying they will go down to $48,000 on it. I would be happy to give the dealer info to anyone that would be interested in the one I don’t choose :)

The Critic

Reaction score
I got an unexpected call the other day from a different dealer. This one is only 45 min away. They offered me an additional $1500 on my trade that they hadn't prior. This is $800 more than a previous dealer I was about to make a deal with that is 185 miles away. Discount on the truck is similar (within 0.4% accounting for doc fee). This dealer group has 3 RAM dealers, but not one truck that fits my criteria. But they found one and the dealer will trade.

Delmonico red Laramie, Level 1 equipment group, no eTorque, bucket seats, 20s with white letter tires, anti-spin differential, wheel well liners. It is a June build it looks like based on the date code on the window sticker, which isn't as recent as I'd like but not ancient either:
MSRP $55350
Dealer Discount: $6642 (12%)
Doc fee: $399
Rebates: $5500 ($3000 standard rebates, $500 Chrysler Capital, $1000 conquest, $1000 Penfed). I can't believe FCA doesn't have an educator or education discount. I have a $500 TrueCar certificate but can't use it and Penfed. If my trade was a GM it would be another $1000 off, but it is Ford.
Sales price before TTL: $43,607 incl doc fee (about 22% discount, 21.3% if you include doc fee)

My trade is a 2018 Ford F-150 XLT 302A package with some extras.

This is about a $69.25 difference all-in (not including tax) for a truck with a MSRP of $850 more. This truck has anti-spin and the wheel well liners, but not the all weather floor mats.

There is also another truck about the same distance away that is basically the same truck, but has etorque. Not sure if I want the etorque or not? Or anti-spin or not?

Thoughts on the deal or if I should see if they can contact the dealer with the etorque ones (with or without anti-spin)?
Seems like a good deal to me. I would not go out of your way for eTorque, especially if your driving pattern does not allow you to take full advantage of its capabilities.

A June build should be fine. From what I have seen on this forum and from reviewing the TSB's over the last 2 years, most of the issues were resolved by early spring of this year (except for the window leak, which is a hit or miss), so I think any of the trucks built within the last few months should be fine.

I would definitely get a truck with the anti-spin differential though.

The Critic

Reaction score
So now the dealer that was going to trade with the dealer I'm working with says that truck sold. They had it for almost three months, I'm sure it sold today. Uh huh.

There might be another option, but it has 3.92 rear end. What is the real-world mpg hit with that?
It's pretty rough, especially with 4wd.

Minimum 10% IMO. I average 16-17 in town with the 3.21, etorque, 2wd and 18" wheels. On the highway at 80 mph, I average 19.5-21 mpg consistently.

One of my friends has a 4wd BTS edition with the 3.92. Non etorque. He averages about 13 mpg with mixed driving. We live in the same area.

Skidowntown

Reaction score
On my deal, since I’m trading in and the way taxes work, I will not owe taxes on the new vehicle, so that will be the price I finance.
I have a second dealer talking with me now that I told them about the first deal.The exact same set up, except it has sun roof, but no rear wheel liner. They are saying they will go down to $48,000 on it. I would be happy to give the dealer info to anyone that would be interested in the one I don’t choose :)

Duh, I totally forgot about trade-in. I usually do that, or at least sell on my own, but route thru a dealer to get the tax benefit.

hratiu

Reaction score
I’m looking at a Patriot blue Built to Serve. I have a dealer down to 17% below MSRP (including rebates). Do you think I should take it?
I am finding that dealers aren’t discounting the BTS nearly as much as other Big Horns.
I did a little better here in Las Vegas at Towbin but it wasn't as equipped as yours. Towbin does not do 33 gal tanks on Bighorns nor are ramboxes big here. Yours is still a very good deal.

EJ84

Reaction score
I have been looking at a Bighorn MSRP $51,700, I was hoping to get down to $40,000 before TTL. I’m located in the northeast. Does that seem feasible? Using the TrueCar rebate and the $1,000 bonus cash on top of the regular rebates
MSRP $52,100
Price before any fee’s, $41,490 waiting to hear back but I think that is with $7,000 in rebates and $500 true car coupon......thoughts?

Dyom43

Reaction score
I did a little better here in Las Vegas at Towbin but it wasn't as equipped as yours. Towbin does not do 33 gal tanks on Bighorns nor are ramboxes big here. Yours is still a very good deal.
Thanks! I talked them into adding a Line-x bed liner and they are going to deliver it to me, 4 hours away. I’m pleased with the deal.

Fishwiz

Reaction score
I’m looking at a Patriot blue Built to Serve. I have a dealer down to 17% below MSRP (including rebates). Do you think I should take it?
I am finding that dealers aren’t discounting the BTS nearly as much as other Big Horns.
I found a patriotic blue pearl BTS with sunroof, ramboxes and 33gal tank at Dennis Dillon in Caldwell, ID. I drove 9 hours each way to get it. They were competitive on my trade value too.

They were great to work with.

I was at about 22% below MSRP. Give them a call maybe?

Edit.... Your deal sounds good if it has what you want. I didn't mean to imply that you need to wait for a better deal. I was just sharing my example as a reference point.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Grouper

Reaction score
It's official. I'm no longer dragging my feet. Order placed with Koons. Will do a fly-and-drive to FL.

2021 Laramie | Crew Cab | 4x4. | 5.7L Hemi (non-eTorque) | Sport Package | 5' 7" Bed | Hydro-Blue Pearl | 3.21 | Level 2 | 33 Gallon Tank | Anti-Slip | Power Running Boards | Advanced Safety Group | Technology Group | Bed Utility Group | RamBox | MultiFunction Tailgate | Anti-Spin | Rear Wheelhouse Liners |

MSRP - $65,565
FWP - $60487

Price "Paid" - $56,858 (FWP minus 6%)
+ $899 Processing
+ Tax & Tags

Minus any rebates available at delivery.

By the way, the fact that I've now officially ordered means that UConnect 5 will be rolled out exactly one day after whatever day I end up taking delivery :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

BacktheBlue00

Reaction score
It's pretty rough, especially with 4wd.

Minimum 10% IMO. I average 16-17 in town with the 3.21, etorque, 2wd and 18" wheels. On the highway at 80 mph, I average 19.5-21 mpg consistently.

One of my friends has a 4wd BTS edition with the 3.92. Non etorque. He averages about 13 mpg with mixed driving. We live in the same area.

Holy cow. Your buddy may need to learn how to stay out of the gas a little better :LOL:. I have etorque with 3.92 and 4x4 and average what you do. Although, once I put exhaust on I will probably drop in mpg. lol

In all seriousness there is a certain way you have to drive to get the best MPG. It seems if you stay on the accelerator, even slightly, it doesn't like to shift to 8. But, if you accelerate to traveling speed, lift off the gas, and then reapply it'll get into the proper gear for fuel preservation.

Last edited:

Rau

Reaction score
It's official. I'm no longer dragging my feet. Order placed with Koons. Will do a fly-and-drive to FL.

2021 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4. 5.7L Hemi (non-eTorque). Sport Package. 5' 7" Bed. Hydro-Blue Pearl. 3.21. Level 2. 33 Gallon Tank. Anti-Slip. Power Running Boards. Advanced Safety Group. Technology Group. RamBox. MultiFunction Tailgate. Anti-Spin. Rear Wheelhouse Liners. Bed Utility Group.

MSRP - $65,565

Price "Paid" - $56,858
+ $899 Processing
+ Tax & Tags

By the way, the fact that I've now officially ordered means that UConnect 5 will be rolled out exactly one day after whatever day I end up taking delivery :ROFLMAO:

Congratulations! Sounds like a good deal.
Do you know if these folks deliver?

Edit: I meant to ask if they deliver to texas. Also who did you end ip working with? I saw your earlier post that stated you couldn’t get their response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ivan44

Reaction score

2021 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4. 5.7L Hemi (non-eTorque). Sport Package. 5' 7" Bed. Hydro-Blue Pearl. 3.21. Level 2. 33 Gallon Tank. Anti-Slip. Power Running Boards. Advanced Safety Group. Technology Group. RamBox. MultiFunction Tailgate. Anti-Spin. Rear Wheelhouse Liners. Bed Utility Group.

MSRP - $65,565

Price "Paid" - $56,858
+ $899 Processing
+ Tax & Tags

Wow. Its gonna be nice. Where are you in Florida. Im about to do the same exact thing. Order, fly and drive to Florida. in that order. hah

Grouper

Reaction score
Wow. Its gonna be nice. Where are you in Florida. Im about to do the same exact thing. Order, fly and drive to Florida. in that order. hah
I'm in west central FL. About 45 minutes NW of TPA.

Congratulations! Sounds like a good deal.
Do you know if these folks deliver?

Edit: I meant to ask if they deliver to texas. Also who did you end ip working with? I saw your earlier post that stated you couldn’t get their response.

They don't deliver but they will work with you to coordinate your own delivery, if you desire.

Salesperson was Craig Benner. [email protected]

Last edited:
Reactions: Rau

kwilson0288

Reaction score
I'm in west central FL. About 45 minutes NW of TPA.

They don't deliver but they will work with you to coordinate your own delivery, if you desire.

I live in the Tampa area as well. Did you try any of the local dealers here to see if they would match Koons quote? Also, what discount did you get from Koons? Is it 7% now?

arandal45

Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas what the rebates/incentives will be in Oct/Nov for 21' Big Horns. Any rumors out there?

Grouper

Reaction score
I live in the Tampa area as well. Did you try any of the local dealers here to see if they would match Koons quote? Also, what discount did you get from Koons? Is it 7% now?
The Koons price for a factory ordered vehicle is FWP (invoice) minus 6%, minus any rebates available at time of delivery (+ $899 "Processing" + Tax & Tags).

EDIT: You can save another .5% if you qualify for Affiliates Rewards or Tread Lightly.

Yes, I got quotes from Ferman, Jim Browne and Jerry Ulm. Ferman and Jim Brown quoted the Affiliates Rewards price of FWP minus $500. Obviously, I qualify for the Affiliate Rewards program through my employer.

Jerry Ulm was a sh*t show. They sent several canned, automated email replies trying to get my phone number. When I finally got the "Internet Sales Consultant" to reply, he just wanted to play games. He effectively refused to give a quote online and constantly deflected with canned replies of "what time this week or weekend would you like to come on in and order your special build?"

Ferman's initial quote for an ordered vehicle was basically MSRP. I then told the salesperson that I qualify for Affiliate Rewards and they subsequently quoted FWP minus $500. I told the salesperson if he'd match the Koons price, I'd drive over and sign the papers right now. It took five days for them to say they couldn't (wouldn't?) match the price.

I obviously don't know what rebates I'll qualify for at delivery but if you have the flexibility to fly-and-drive, and if you want to order a specific configuration, I'm not sure how much better you can do than Koons. It was as hassle free as one could hope for. Everything was done via email and a single two minute phone call.

Last edited:

Ivan44

Reaction score
The Koons price for a factory ordered vehicle is FWP (invoice) minus 6%, minus any rebates available at time of delivery.

Yes, I got quotes from Ferman, Jim Browne and Jerry Ulm. Ferman and Jim Brown quoted the Affiliates Rewards price of FWP minus $500. Obviously, I qualify for the Affiliate Rewards program through my employer.

Jerry Ulm was a sh*t show. They sent several canned, automated email replies trying to get my phone number. When I finally got the "Internet Sales Consultant" to reply, he just wanted to play games. He effectively refused to give a quote online and constantly deflected with canned replies of "what time this week or weekend would you like to come on in and order your special build?"

Ferman's initial quote for an ordered vehicle was basically MSRP. I then told the salesperson that I qualify for Affiliate Rewards and they subsequently quoted FWP minus $500. I told the salesperson if he'd match the Koons price, I'd drive over and sign the papers right now. It took five days for them to say they couldn't (wouldn't?) match the price.

I obviously don't know what rebates I'll qualify for at delivery but if you have the flexibility to fly-and-drive, and if you want to order a specific configuration, I'm not sure how much better you can do than Koons. It was as hassle free as one could hope for. Everything was done via email and a single two minute phone call.

Ive received emails and a couple quotes from Florida dealerships. No one comes even close. I think a dealership in Orlando quoted 500 over invoice. I think that's the best i got which was still almost 5k over Koons. even tried on local in stock rams and it was even worse. A dealership tried to sell me a ram yesterday with "dealer addons". They said the truck had rims, tires, sidesteps, and a lift. The rims(wheels) were already included in the night edition package and the so called side steps were already on the sticker. Power sidesteps already quoted and installed at the factory. What the heck. They wanted 5k for a 2 inch lift and crappy tires. woooooooow. I was mad and almost took it personal.

Morenar

Reaction score
The Koons price for a factory ordered vehicle is FWP (invoice) minus 6%, minus any rebates available at time of delivery.

I have been asking for a 2500 quote for a few months now and I live in the area as well and have had the same response from the same handful of local Tampa RAM dealerships. I have had to go further out from Tampa, like Brooksville and Bartow to actually have someone respond with a decent build quote for a RAM 2500. I know the 1500 has better rebates or discounts than the 2500 but still local Tampa dealers are just not budging on prices since trucks are selling quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread