5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Mike7311

Reaction score
Purchased a truck that was only on the lot because it was a dealer trade a few days earlier. The dealership did not have time to put their “add ons” on. They seemed motivated to move it as I did not have negotiate as hard as I normally do. This was exactly the truck my wife and I were looking for.

Ram of the West, Lancaster, CA

2020 Ram Big Horn 1500
Granite Crystal Metallic
5.7 e-torque
Level 2 package
Night Edition
Premium Lighting Group
3.92 gears / Trailer Brake Control
Blind-spot and Cross Path
33 gallon tank
U-Connect 12.0 w/ Navigation

MSRP $56190
Price Before TTL $43893.65
21.8% off

They ended up giving in and financing us through our credit union at 2.99% 84 months. They really pushed Chrysler Capital finance @ 4.99%, smh. I’m happy with the deal we got.

Attachments

• WindowStickerPDF.pdf
    96 KB · Views: 21

Rau

Reaction score
Purchased a truck that was only on the lot because it was a dealer trade a few days earlier. The dealership did not have time to put their “add ons” on. They seemed motivated to move it as I did not have negotiate as hard as I normally do. This was exactly the truck my wife and I were looking for.

2020 Ram Big Horn 1500
Granite Crystal Metallic
5.7 e-torque
Level 2 package
Night Edition
Premium Lighting Group
33 gallon tank

MSRP $56190
21.8% off

They ended up giving in and financing us through our credit union at 2.99% 84 months. They really pushed Chrysler Capital finance @ 4.99%, smh. I’m happy with the deal we got.

Good deal, congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slick300

Reaction score
Good morning everyone!

For those of you with experience with Kernersville--wondering if the price they display on website is their bottom line? I'm in upstate NY where local inventory isn't really doing it for me. Trying to determine if working with a dealer that far away is worth the effort compared to others within a more reasonable distance. Thanks!

Grouper

Reaction score
Good morning everyone!

For those of you with experience with Kernersville--wondering if the price they display on website is their bottom line? I'm in upstate NY where local inventory isn't really doing it for me. Trying to determine if working with a dealer that far away is worth the effort compared to others within a more reasonable distance. Thanks!
Good luck even getting a reply from dealer that you don't physically walk into. I emailed the dealer in Ohio that was mentioned earlier in this thread (Performance CJDR) and Koons, as well as two dealers 30 minutes from my home, multiple times, and have gotten no replies.

I guess my money is no good.

Last edited:

Cmhsam

Reaction score

2020 Ram Big Horn 1500
Granite Crystal Metallic
5.7 e-torque
Level 2 package
Night Edition
Premium Lighting Group
33 gallon tank

MSRP $56190
21.8% off

Congrats! That’s an awesome deal!

dmax4me

Reaction score
Good luck even getting a reply from dealer that you don't physically walk into. I emailed the dealer in Ohio that was mentioned earlier in this thread and Koons, as well as two dealers 30 minutes from my home, multiple times, and have gotten no replies.

I guess my money is no good.
I find it odd you didn't get a reply from Koons. I've emailed Craig off an on for about 3 months and always had a reply the same day. I finally put an order in with him on 9/03. Is this the email you are using?
[email protected]

Oak Grove

Reaction score
I am looking at a '21 Southwest Edition as it has the options I want and saves me a good amount over the Sport Edition. The Ram website says (the 2020 Southwest) is only available in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Arkansas. I have been quoted pricing on the '21 Southwest outside of these states, but have also had some dealers tell me they can't order it. Who should I call in the SouthWest states to get the best deal below invoice? Thanks!

baccigalup

Reaction score
I am pricing out a few dealers here to see the difference. They are slow at getting back. I just got rear ended yesterday so now my trade is going to suffer. So ticked.....

NonToxic628

Reaction score
I am pricing out a few dealers here to see the difference. They are slow at getting back. I just got rear ended yesterday so now my trade is going to suffer. So ticked.....

Try to claim diminished value with the responsible carrier. You will need some documentation such as NADA value pre accident. They generally have a calculation to determine diminished value, but will certainly fight you on it. TBH if its just a bumper and no significant damage, the diminished value payment if you can get that done will be probably be no more than a few hundred dollars.

AK103

Reaction score
I would try Craig. I ended up getting 6.5% below invoice plus available incentive/rebates at time of delivery. The 6.5% below invoice came out to 14% below MSRP for a ordered 2021.

Is the 14% before rebates/incentives?

dmax4me

Reaction score
Is the 14% before rebates/incentives?
Yes it is. I will be able to add those at time of delivery increasing the percentage off. Right now it's $1,500, so I'm hoping by end of October or beginning of November they may increase some.

Rambunktious

Reaction score
Yes it is. I will be able to add those at time of delivery increasing the percentage off. Right now it's $1,500, so I'm hoping by end of October or beginning of November they may increase some.
Ram Chat told me that my truck is scheduled to arrive at the dealership between 14 and 28 September. I'm kind of hoping for 28 September so I can pick it up on or after October 1st, in case Ram ups the ante on the incentives for the Longhorns. I would not sneeze at an extra $1,000 to $2,000 off the price, if I can get it.

Skidowntown

Reaction score
Dealers have a tougher time discounting when you purchase with Cash, as they can't bury costs in things like "Trade-ins", and other finance/rebates.

I'm curious how anyone has done talking a dealer down on a cash deal? I would need to ship mine, so also trying to bury that costs.

Any help is appreciated! If I can't get it to a reasonable number, I'm just gonna order my own and wait 6-8 weeks.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealers have a tougher time discounting when you purchase with Cash, as they can't bury costs in things like "Trade-ins", and other finance/rebates.

I'm curious how anyone has done talking a dealer down on a cash deal? I would need to ship mine, so also trying to bury that costs.

Any help is appreciated! If I can't get it to a reasonable number, I'm just gonna order my own and wait 6-8 weeks.

Leave the “paying with cash” part out of it until you reach a deal. Even though they ask you upfront, they don’t need to know how you’ll be paying to negotiate a price. Thats how they get leverage on you. It’s the same with trades...don’t even mention the trade until you reach a deal on the vehicle you’re interested in.

Bas

Reaction score
I would try Craig. I ended up getting 6.5% below invoice plus available incentive/rebates at time of delivery. The 6.5% below invoice came out to 14% below MSRP for a ordered 2021.
Does Koons still tag on the destination charge as an extra fee after our was that included?

K1135

Reaction score
52k Truck sticker price and specs in the picture no trade in i told them I want the truck for 42k out the door including tax tag title any fees in the 42k. In the end we negotiate to 44k out the door. What incentive was given I couldn't tell you we didn't gave a break down sheet it was just me and the sale manager. Went to 5 dealership until I found a no BS sale manager who didn't give me the run around maybe just a little bit and I mean very little lol

Attachments

• 20200917_185253.jpg
    20200917_185253.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 60

dmax4me

Reaction score
Does Koons still tag on the destination charge as an extra fee after our was that included?
See attached work up sheet. They start at Invoice.

Attachments

• 2021 Longhorn ED.pdf
    337.7 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: Bas

Users who are viewing this thread