5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

kiddme

Reaction score
After MANY months of shopping around and deciding what I wanted and having COVID change which direction I was going to go several times, I placed my order for 2021 1500 Limited this past weekend. I shopped around a few local dealers and worked pricing with Criswell and Koons. I went with Performance Ram in Centerville Ohio as they ended up having the best pricing. I know it doesn't match the pre-covid deals, but I think it might be a good sign we are starting to head back in the right direction in Ram Truck market.

2021 Ram 1500 Limited
5.7 eTorque
Night Edition
Granite Crystal
Limited Level 1
Pano Sun Roof
Tech Group
Bed Utility Group
Anti-Spin Diff
33 Gal Fuel Tank
Trailer Brake Controller
Engine Block Heater

MSRP $73,000
Dealer Discount ($9,265) = $63,735 before rebates (~12.7% Off)
FCA Affiliate rewards ($500) + assuming current rebates will apply at delivery ($1,500) = $61,735 (~15.5% Off)

$61,735 + Doc Fee ($250) + TTL = ~$66,633 (~8.8% Off MSRP after TTL included)

If anyone is interested in getting the contact info for my salesman, please let me know and I can DM you.

Rebel619

Reaction score
Just received a $1,000 Bonus Cash Allowance coupon through email from Ram. Just curious exactly how these work and other's experience with them. Is this able to be stacked along with current incentives? Has anyone had any issues redeeming this as part of their purchase?

How often does Ram send these out? Reading through the fine print, it looks like I can use up until Nov. 3rd, but not sure if I would purchase by then. Don't want to miss out on the extra cash but if the timing isn't right, as it relates to national incentives and the discount dealer's are offering, I probably wouldn't be able to take advantage of this.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just received a $1,000 Bonus Cash Allowance coupon through email from Ram. Just curious exactly how these work and other's experience with them. Is this able to be stacked along with current incentives? Has anyone had any issues redeeming this as part of their purchase?

How often does Ram send these out? Reading through the fine print, it looks like I can use up until Nov. 3rd, but not sure if I would purchase by then. Don't want to miss out on the extra cash but if the timing isn't right, as it relates to national incentives and the discount dealer's are offering, I probably wouldn't be able to take advantage of this.

I received the same email this morning. Came about a month too late as I purchased my Ram in early August haha

I believe these can be stacked with other rebates, and the dealer shouldn’t have any issue with it as it’s from the manufacturer. Not sure how often they send these out, but I feel it’s pretty infrequently.

rescueninja

Reaction score
First post and glad to be here! Just picked up a 2020 Big Horn Built to Serve. Had a hard time finding one as they were usually sold as I got to the dealer. Had the rep text me when it arrived and got there right before someone else. Sales price before only tax and tag was about 41k. Sticker was 54,155.

View attachment 68271
WOW!! That was better than I got. I also got a built to serve. It hasn't even made it to the dealer lot but I knew I wanted the ceramic gray color. Mine is was MSRP of $53,565 and I paid $42,342 and made them tint the front windows and do a spray-in bedliner. I was dealing with 2 dealers on the same spec truck and I did a little better at this one.

Grouper

Reaction score
Well, I finally got an official quote to order a specific configuration and I'm absolutely floored by the lack of virtually any discount off MSRP on a 2021 Laramie. This is from a dealer in west central Florida.

I'm not even 100% sure I will trade-in my current vehicle but the quote I just received via text is as follows:

MSRP $64,905
Total Savings + Rebate $1,500
Trade Allowance $11,500
Gov't Fee $353.45
Pre Delivery Service Fee $999.95
Trade Off Pay $0
Cash Down $0
Amount Financed $56,579.08

I asked him to clarify that if I take the trade-in out of the equation, the quoted price is MSRP - $1500 of "maybe/maybe not" rebates. His reply was "Yes. There are not incentives like on 2020 models. What were you expecting?"

I told him I'm pretty much speechless.

I qualify for the Affiliates Rewards program through my employer, so I just gave him the control number, but I'm thinking there nothing to work with here. He hasn't requoted for the Affiliates Reward, as of yet.

Thoughts?

EDIT: He just replied that the Affiliates Reward program FWP is $59,879.

Last edited:

RJS

Reaction score
I think I recall the affiliates discount was 1% under invoice when I was pricing my Laramie in late 2019.

Bas

Reaction score
I received the same email this morning. Came about a month too late as I purchased my Ram in early August haha

I believe these can be stacked with other rebates, and the dealer shouldn’t have any issue with it as it’s from the manufacturer. Not sure how often they send these out, but I feel it’s pretty infrequently.
Where do you even register your email with them?

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where do you even register your email with them?

On the Ram webpage under ‘Shopping Tools’ there should be a link to Sign Up for Updates. It has you choose up to three models and asks for your contact info and how soon you’re expecting to purchase.

Bas

Reaction score
On the Ram webpage under ‘Shopping Tools’ there should be a link to Sign Up for Updates. It has you choose up to three models and asks for your contact info and how soon you’re expecting to purchase.
Found it, thanks!

AK103

Reaction score
After MANY months of shopping around and deciding what I wanted and having COVID change which direction I was going to go several times, I placed my order for 2021 1500 Limited this past weekend. I shopped around a few local dealers and worked pricing with Criswell and Koons. I went with Performance Ram in Centerville Ohio as they ended up having the best pricing. I know it doesn't match the pre-covid deals, but I think it might be a good sign we are starting to head back in the right direction in Ram Truck market.

2021 Ram 1500 Limited
5.7 eTorque
Night Edition
Granite Crystal
Limited Level 1
Pano Sun Roof
Tech Group
Bed Utility Group
Anti-Spin Diff
33 Gal Fuel Tank
Trailer Brake Controller
Engine Block Heater

MSRP $73,000
FCA Affiliate rewards ($500) + assuming current rebates will apply at delivery ($1,500) = $61,735 (~15.5% Off)

If anyone is interested in getting the contact info for my salesman, please let me know and I can DM you.

Yes please, if you could forward me his contact info.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Question in regards to affiliate pricing. How does it actually work when you get to the dealer?

I can see the entire list of company and codes. However once you use it, do you go to the dealer and prove that you are a employee or member?

Thx

Used to own a Ram 1500, Current owner of a Dodge Charger scat pack

kwilson0288

Reaction score
Jeff D’Ambrosio in Downingtown. Now in fairness I got an EP control code from my dad who is a Chrysler retiree. But I was able to get them below that. Starting with EP pricing was the key though.

I'm in the same boat. I have an EP control number as well but I've been hesitant to disclose this with dealerships up front because the times when I have, they always draw the line at the EP price and won't budge from it. Can you give me a bit more insight on your tactic and how you got them to come down lower than EP?

baccigalup

Reaction score
Anyone ever deal with Dulles in va. They have about 13k off which isn't bad but already playing games with the end price....online reviews have some bad ones, makes me leery to want to deal with them

JDGRam19

Reaction score

2021 Ram 1500 Limited
5.7 eTorque
Night Edition
Granite Crystal
Limited Level 1
Pano Sun Roof
Tech Group
Bed Utility Group
Anti-Spin Diff
33 Gal Fuel Tank
Trailer Brake Controller
Engine Block Heater

MSRP $73,000

Please send his Info! I’m looking to purchase one similar to this as well.

Ski Taxi

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I have an EP control number as well but I've been hesitant to disclose this with dealerships up front because the times when I have, they always draw the line at the EP price and won't budge from it. Can you give me a bit more insight on your tactic and how you got them to come down lower than EP?

I just bought a 2020 Rebel in upstate NY. We basically did it backwards - started with a low price, then started working down towards it using what I qualified for. What ultimately worked was a combo of affiliate pricing and a bit of dealer discount. So maybe see where you can get without the affiliate pricing, then trot out the affiliate code to reset the baseline?

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone ever deal with Dulles in va. They have about 13k off which isn't bad but already playing games with the end price....online reviews have some bad ones, makes me leery to want to deal with them

I went there to look at a BTS and they seemed ok but I didn’t do a deal with them. I get my truck serviced at Brown’s in Sterling, they are a relatively new dealership and have treated me very well so far. They don’t have as much inventory as Dulles but might be worth checking them out.

kiddme

Reaction score

Not employee pricing, but my info below is in regards to the Affiliate Rewards program.

I didn't disclose I had FCA Affiliate Rewards until after I had negotiated on dealer discount only. My two local dealers reacted differently. One dealer didn't budge on their pricing and stated they had already factored that in on the number we had ended up at (shady), even though I hadn't mentioned it yet. My other dealer, who I ended up ordering from, said no problem. They tacked the affiliate rewards discount on to our negotiated dealer discount.

Grouper

Reaction score
Not employee pricing, but my info below is in regards to the Affiliate Rewards program.

I didn't disclose I had FCA Affiliate Rewards until after I had negotiated on dealer discount only. My two local dealers reacted differently. One dealer didn't budge on their pricing and stated they had already factored that in on the number we had ended up at (shady), even though I hadn't mentioned it yet. My other dealer, who I ended up ordering from, said no problem. They tacked the affiliate rewards discount on to our negotiated dealer discount.
Apologize if you already mentioned this but did you order a 2021? I got a quote yesterday from the dealer closest to me. Effectively, no dealer discount offered at all. Basically, MSRP minus whatever incentives/rebates are available at time of delivery. I then told him about the Affiliates Rewards (which I had mentioned to him in previous visits) and he lowered the quote by about $5000 off of $65K MSRP.

I feel like I have no leverage. I want the 2021 (heads up display). I've emailed two other local dealers and one out of state. No replies yet.

kiddme

Reaction score
Apologize if you already mentioned this but did you order a 2021? I got a quote yesterday from the dealer closest to me. Effectively, no dealer discount offered at all. Basically, MSRP minus whatever incentives/rebates are available at time of delivery. I then told him about the Affiliates Rewards (which I had mentioned to him in previous visits) and he lowered the quote by about $5000 off of $65K MSRP.

I feel like I have no leverage. I want the 2021 (heads up display). I've emailed two other local dealers and one out of state. No replies yet.

Grouper, I quoted my original post below for additional info. I did order a 2021.

If you can, ask for the build sheet of the truck you are looking to order, some dealers will let you see the invoice costs.

My affiliate rewards was advertised as 1% under Invoice. Both local dealers treated it as an even $500 off instead of calculating 1% of invoice. Maybe the total Affiliate Reward benefit is capped at $500 if you are already below 99% of invoice price? My negotiated dealer discount was already below where 1% under invoice would have been. I didn't ask for clarification, I was happy where my numbers ended up and I wanted to sign without drawing extra scrutiny to the deal. lol. ;)

2021 Ram 1500 Limited
5.7 eTorque
Night Edition
Granite Crystal
Limited Level 1
Pano Sun Roof
Tech Group
Bed Utility Group
Anti-Spin Diff
33 Gal Fuel Tank
Trailer Brake Controller
Engine Block Heater

MSRP $73,000

Grouper

Reaction score
Grouper, I quoted my original post below for additional info. I did order a 2021.

If you can, ask for the build sheet of the truck you are looking to order, some dealers will let you see the invoice costs.

My affiliate rewards was advertised as 1% under Invoice. Both local dealers treated it as an even $500 off instead of calculating 1% of invoice. Maybe the total Affiliate Reward benefit is capped at $500 if you are already below 99% of invoice price? My negotiated dealer discount was already below where 1% under invoice would have been. I didn't ask for clarification, I was happy where my numbers ended up and I wanted to sign without drawing extra scrutiny to the deal. lol. ;)
Thanks for the perspective. I did see the build sheet and the Affiliates Rewards price quoted to me is exactly $524 lower than FWP (invoice?). The quoted price is listed as the FFP price (Freinds & Family?). The EP price, is $2250 lower than what I was quoted.

I realize that my desire specifically for a 2021 will necessitate some compromise. I'm just not sure if I'm rolling over by accepting their offer.

The other issue is negotiating the trade, should I decide to do so. They will not negotiate on the trade until delivery because the "market is constantly changing" and the miles on the truck are increasing during that time. Seems to make the process all the more nebulous.

Users who are viewing this thread