5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

artu4bbk

Reaction score
Ok guys I'm still in the market and I found a limited 60k msrp. I attached the invoice and the otd what do you guys think. I think they can do better.

Attachments

• 20200917_205832.jpg
    20200917_205832.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_01931.jpg
    IMG_01931.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 112

Boston

Reaction score
Whats the “Grapevine Protection Package” for $2K?

A scam I suspect, given name of dealer.

In other news you can now search the Ram site up to a 250 mile radius. 100 more than before. But still no 2021 build

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thats what I ask and he said vin etching, window tint, module to track and diagnostic, and 100k mile power train warranty

Definitely don’t need any of that. I’m sure the tint is already on, perhaps they’ve already done the vin etching. You probably won’t be able to get the entire $2K taken off (I’d really push for it), but definitely get that $2K knocked down.

Is the extended warranty a FCA/Mopar extended warranty, or just something the dealer offers through themselves or a third party? If it’s anything but a FCA/Mopar extended warranty skip it.

artu4bbk

Reaction score
Definitely don’t need any of that. I’m sure the tint is already on, perhaps they’ve already done the vin etching. You probably won’t be able to get the entire $2K taken off (I’d really push for it), but definitely get that $2K knocked down.

Is the extended warranty a FCA/Mopar extended warranty, or just something the dealer offers through themselves or a third party? If it’s anything but a FCA/Mopar extended warranty skip it.
Thanks the guy said it is acceptable at any dodge/Chrysler ram dealer

Zachdaddy

Reaction score
Hi guys new to the forum, been reading this forum for about a month now trying to compare prices for trucks. Long story short I went to buy a 19 ram last year but never landed a deal, this year I’ve been looking again but due to this damn COVID really didn’t look until I heard about 0% financing which got me looking again. Upon further research you do wind up getting a better deal taking incentives over 0% if you have good credit which leads me to this post. I have located 2 identical trucks with most of my wants with the exception of the 9 speaker audio system. I worked with a salesman last month and he came up with a price of $44,542 add taxes and fees OTD price was $49,853. (See worksheet attached) I felt like it wasn’t the greatest deal so I passed and decided to see if this month would be any better. Today I spoke with the internet salesman of the same dealership and got quoted $43,343 before TTL fees, PLUS I also received the 1000 bonus cash email so I hope that can also be added. Not sure if this is a good deal since OTD price will be around 47-48. Being from the Emperor state the taxes are killing me. Thanks in advance for feedback

Attachments

• 34AF838A-C694-4AB2-8D7F-5290D95C46BF.jpeg
    34AF838A-C694-4AB2-8D7F-5290D95C46BF.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 68

Rambunktious

Reaction score

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks the guy said it is acceptable at any dodge/Chrysler ram dealer

I’d double and triple check that. Read the fine print, research the warranty provider, etc. Don’t take him at his word on that. I’m not trying to doubt your salesperson, but he is a salesperson trying to make a sale...and they’ll say anything to accomplish that.

If you are interested in an extended warranty, check out the site below and get a quote for the extended warranty you’d like. These warranties are genuine Mopar extended warranties. your dealer will also have access to these warranties...ask them to match the price of your quote.

For what it’s worth, a dealer price of almost $14K off MSRP (before TTL) is probably going to be the best you’ll find...especially on a Limited. However, with a discount that good, usually there are strings attached (hence the $2K “protection package”). If you proceed, make sure you take your time reading through all the paperwork to make sure they don’t try and pull a fast one on you. Make sure everything adds up.

Last edited:

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi guys new to the forum, been reading this forum for about a month now trying to compare prices for trucks. Long story short I went to buy a 19 ram last year but never landed a deal, this year I’ve been looking again but due to this damn COVID really didn’t look until I heard about 0% financing which got me looking again. Upon further research you do wind up getting a better deal taking incentives over 0% if you have good credit which leads me to this post. I have located 2 identical trucks with most of my wants with the exception of the 9 speaker audio system. I worked with a salesman last month and he came up with a price of $44,542 add taxes and fees OTD price was $49,853. (See worksheet attached) I felt like it wasn’t the greatest deal so I passed and decided to see if this month would be any better. Today I spoke with the internet salesman of the same dealership and got quoted $43,343 before TTL fees, PLUS I also received the 1000 bonus cash email so I hope that can also be added. Not sure if this is a good deal since OTD price will be around 47-48. Being from the Emperor state the taxes are killing me. Thanks in advance for feedback

Welcome to the forum! I didn’t see it listed on the paperwork, but what’s the trucks MSRP?

Zachdaddy

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I didn’t see it listed on the paperwork, but what’s the trucks MSRP?

Ahh crap sorry forgot to add that. The MSRP is $53,795. I wish I could attach the window sticker but for some reason I am unable to get it.

2020 Ram 1500 crew 4x4
5.7 with etorque-$1695
Olive green pearl -$100
Big Horn lvl 2-$2500
Deluxe cloth bucket seats-$595
North Edition-$1495
Premium lighting group-$995
Bed utility group-$845
Blind spot and cross path-$595
Trailer brake controller-$295
3.92 gears-$95

destination-$1695

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ahh crap sorry forgot to add that. The MSRP is $53,795. I wish I could attach the window sticker but for some reason I am unable to get it.

2020 Ram 1500 crew 4x4
5.7 with etorque-$1695
Olive green pearl -$100
Big Horn lvl 2-$2500
Deluxe cloth bucket seats-$595
North Edition-$1495
Premium lighting group-$995
Bed utility group-$845
Blind spot and cross path-$595
Trailer brake controller-$295
3.92 gears-$95

destination-$1695

No worries! So with your most recent quote of $43.3K, that hits the “magic” $10k off MSRP (before TTL) that most will say you should shoot for at a minimum. So I think you’re good there. Add in that extra $1K email rebate you have, which should definitely be applicable, you’re at $11K off.

We’re still in this weird COVID market with lower than normal inventories, but with the 2021s now being produced and in transit to dealers, there a deals to be had on 2020s. If you could get $12K off MSRP (before TTL) I think that is probably going to be the best you can do right now.

I got $12K off MSRP (before TTL) one month ago on my 2020 Big Horn. That was a $5,500 dealer discount and $6,500 in rebates.

Zachdaddy

Reaction score
No worries! So with your most recent quote of $43.3K, that hits the “magic” $10k off MSRP (before TTL) that most will say you should shoot for at a minimum. So I think you’re good there. Add in that extra $1K email rebate you have, which should definitely be applicable, you’re at $11K off.

We’re still in this weird COVID market with lower than normal inventories, but with the 2021s now being produced and in transit to dealers, there a deals to be had on 2020s. If you could get $12K off MSRP (before TTL) I think that is probably going to be the best you can do right now.

I got $12K off MSRP (before TTL) one month ago on my 2020 Big Horn. That was a $5,500 dealer discount and $6,500 in rebates.

Yeah that’s what I figured, I had the 10k off price in my head going into it, just seeing posts of OTD prices around the price I’m being offered before TTL is crazy but I think it’s dependent on where in the country you’re located. Since I’m on LI in NY the taxes are almost 5k alone but it is what it is, NY has absolutely no inventory and basically didn’t even want to deal with me when I told them what I wanted cuz they didn’t have it, so this deal is coming from a dealership in Deleware. I don’t mind taking a road trip but it has to be worth it! Anyway thanks for the info, I’ll post if I go through with it

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah that’s what I figured, I had the 10k off price in my head going into it, just seeing posts of OTD prices around the price I’m being offered before TTL is crazy but I think it’s dependent on where in the country you’re located. Since I’m on LI in NY the taxes are almost 5k alone but it is what it is, NY has absolutely no inventory and basically didn’t even want to deal with me when I told them what I wanted cuz they didn’t have it, so this deal is coming from a dealership in Deleware. I don’t mind taking a road trip but it has to be worth it! Anyway thanks for the info, I’ll post if I go through with it

I hear ya on the taxes..I’m on the other coast out in California. I traveled as well to get mine...went to Colorado to pick it up.

Welcome, again, and be sure to post any updates!

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wondering what you think of this deal? It is about the best I can do within a 200 mile radius, but still not sure it is great.

I wanted a delmonico red Laramie Level 1 Equipment Group. Don't need or want much else. Originally I was looking at a truck with MSRP $54895 in Minneapolis area, a dealer there has two. They were at 13.8% off dealer discount but would only give $31,000 on my trade when around here (Fox Valley area of WI) I've been getting offers $34700 to $35000. A dealer about a two hour drive south of Minneapolis had one just like the two mentioned previously, so I contacted them, too. Originally they said they'd give me $32something for my trade, but I got them up to $34,700. They originally said they'd match the dealer discount of the Minneapolis dealer, too. Then they informed me the truck sold. The next day it was off their website, so I believe them.

So I had been talking with over a dozen dealers within a 200 mile range. Inventory is tight, and several of the trucks I've been looking at in the last week have sold. I almost pulled the trigger on one 45 miles away (MSRP was a bit high though at $55900 but included the BUG) but it sold yesterday (they were at 10% off MSRP and $35k on my trade). The one still in MN but two hours south of Minneapolis located one for me in the Minneapolis area (different dealer) with MSRP $54500. Before I committed to anything they traded for it. In the meantime I was still working other dealers.

So, after much negotiating, it was between this one in SE MN or Kuhns in Platteville, WI. A lot of dealers came and went, told me they'd call me back, etc. and never did. Kuhns was competitive, said they'd try to beat the MN dealer, but started playing games once I got them the competitive quote. Just in general didn't seem to want my business that bad. Accounting for a small MSRP difference Kuhns was still about $350 higher.

So this is my deal, I think it is the best I could do. Just a really tough market to get a good sales price on the truck with inventory so low for what I wanted. I wanted a 2020 off the lot because of prices rising on 2021 MY by about $800 on a similar truck and I don't want to wait three months and used inventory has recovered and now my truck is worth $3000 less on trade (plus right now it is a 2 year old truck, in a couple months it is a 3 year old truck). In WI you don't get taxed on your trade amount, so that is why it doesn't usually pay to sell private party here unless you have an inexpensive vehicle you're getting rid of.

I had some slightly higher offers on trade, and some lower offers on sales price (about 2% more off MSRP), but this was the best combination and by far lowest doc fee. In most cases this was best by over $1000 compared to other dealers, and that is just the ones that made it as finalists. But still doesn't seem great compared to what I hear others getting in other parts of the country.

Delmonico red Laramie, Level 1 equipment group, no eTorque, bucket seats, 20s with white letter tires, floor liners. It is an August build it looks like based on the date code on the window sticker, which is nice and recent:
MSRP $54500
Dealer Discount: $6387 (11.72%)
Doc fee: $125
Rebates: $5500 ($3000 standard rebates, $500 Chrysler Capital, $1000 conquest, $1000 Penfed). I can't believe FCA doesn't have an educator or education discount. I have a $500 TrueCar certificate but can't use it and Penfed. If my trade was a GM it would be another $1000 off, but it is Ford.
Sales price before TTL: $42,738 (about 21.6%)

My trade is a 2018 Ford F-150 XLT 302A package with some extras. Got $34,700. They are about 185 miles away, but are meeting me about half way to do delivery which is a big help.

I need to add wheel well liners, will transfer the bed mat from my current truck (should fit), and a tonneau cover. I might add mud flaps, will see.

I am hoping that before I close the deal I get something in email from Chrysler from signing up on for their email list a few days ago.

Thoughts on this? Think I should pull the trigger?

Last edited:

The Critic

Reaction score
Wondering what you think of this deal? It is about the best I can do within a 200 mile radius, but still not sure it is great.

I wanted a delmonico red Laramie Level 1 Equipment Group. Don't need or want much else. Originally I was looking at a truck with MSRP $54895 in Minneapolis area, a dealer there has two. They were at 13.8% off dealer discount but would only give $31,000 on my trade when around here (Fox Valley area of WI) I've been getting offers $34700 to $35000. A dealer about a two hour drive south of Minneapolis had one just like the two mentioned previously, so I contacted them, too. Originally they said they'd give me $32something for my trade, but I got them up to $34,700. They originally said they'd match the dealer discount of the Minneapolis dealer, too. Then they informed me the truck sold. The next day it was off their website, so I believe them.

So I had been talking with over a dozen dealers within a 200 mile range. The one still in MN but two hours south of Minneapolis located one for me in the Minneapolis area (different dealer) with MSRP $54500. Before I committed to anything they traded for it. In the meantime I'm still working other dealers.

So, after much negotiating, it was between this one in SE MN or Kuhns in Platteville, WI. A lot of dealers came and went, told me they'd call me back, etc. and never did. Kuhns was competitive, said they'd try to beat the MN dealer, but started playing games once I got them the competitive quote. Accounting for a small MSRP difference Kuhns was still about $350 higher.

So this is my deal, I think it is the best I could do. Just a really tough market to get a good sales price on the truck, but I wanted a 2020 because of prices rising on 2021 MY by about $800 on a similar truck and I don't want to wait three months and used inventory has recovered and now my truck is worth $3000 less on trade (plus right now it is a 2 year old truck, in a couple months it is a 3 year old truck). In WI you don't get taxed on your trade amount, so that is why it doesn't usually pay to sell private party here unless you have an inexpensive vehicle you're getting rid of.

I had some slightly higher offers on trade, and some lower offers on sales price (about 2% more off MSRP), but this was the best combination and by far lowest doc fee. In most cases this was best by over $1000 compared to other dealers, and that is just the ones that made it as finalists. But still doesn't seem great compared to what I hear others getting in other parts of the country.

Delmonico red Laramie, Level 1 equipment group, no eTorque, bucket seats, floor liners. It is an August build it looks like based on the date code on the window sticker, which is nice and recent:
MSRP $54500
Dealer Discount: $6387 (11.72%)
Doc fee: $125
Rebates: $5500 ($3000 standard rebates, $500 Chrysler Capital, $1000 conquest, $1000 Penfed)
Sales price before TTL: $42,738 (about 21.6%)

My trade is a 2018 Ford F-150 XLT 302A package with some extras. Got $34,700. They are about 185 miles away, but are meeting me about half way to do delivery which is a big help.

I am hoping that before I close the deal I get something in email from Chrysler from signing up on for their email list a few days ago.

Thoughts on this? Think I should pull the trigger?

That is a solid offer, especially since you are receiving the desired amount for your trade. The dealer I purchased my truck from is currently offering $6500 + rebates and they are known to be one of the most aggressive discounters in CA.

Dennis from MS

Reaction score
First post and glad to be here! Just picked up a 2020 Big Horn Built to Serve. Had a hard time finding one as they were usually sold as I got to the dealer. Had the rep text me when it arrived and got there right before someone else. Sales price before only tax and tag was about 41k. Sticker was 54,155.

View attachment 68271
Looks good! Where did you buy it and who was your salesman? How hard was it to get them to 41k?

Grouper

Reaction score
I find it odd you didn't get a reply from Koons. I've emailed Craig off an on for about 3 months and always had a reply the same day. I finally put an order in with him on 9/03. Is this the email you are using?
[email protected]
Well, you were right. Craig at Koons was very responsive. On ordering a 2021 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab 5'7" bed, configured as I want, the numbers are basically:

MSRP $64,770
FWP $59,755

Selling Price - $56,170 less any rebates available at delivery + $899 processing + TTL. We didn't discuss trade and I'll likely sell my current truck outright.

So before the $899 processing fee, the selling price is $8600 below than MSRP (before rebates and TTL).

I'm in FL and Koons in VA. It won't cost me anything to get to VA and it's about $125 in gas for the 13 hour drive home. Given this is a 2021 and the price is already about $3K better than the local dealer offered (Affiliates Rewards price with no further dealer discount), I'll likely just go ahead and order with Craig.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

dmax4me

Reaction score
Well, you were right. Craig at Koons was very responsive. On ordering a 2021 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab 5'7" bed, configured as I want, the number are basically:

MSRP $64,770
FWP $59,755

Selling Price - $56,170 less any rebates available at delivery + $899 processing + TTL. We didn't discuss trade and I'll likely sell my current truck outright.

So before the $899 processing fee, the selling price is $8600 below than MSRP (before rebates and TTL).

I'm in FL and Koons in VA. It won't cost me anything to get to VA and it's about $125 in gas for the 13 hour drive home. Given this is a 2021 and the price is already about $3K better than the local dealer offered (Affiliates Rewards price with no further dealer discount), I'll likely just go ahead and order with Craig.

Thoughts?
Current Incentives on the 2021 Laramie's is about $2,000 right now. I'm sure it will increase by a delivery date in November.

National 2021 Retail Bonus Cash 21CMA1
( Disclosure2)
-$500
2021 National Retail Consumer Cash 21CM1
-$1,000
Chrysler Capital 2021 Bonus Cash 20CM5
( Disclosure3)
-$500

Users who are viewing this thread