5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

baccigalup

Reaction score
I h
Getting real here. Emailing with a dealer about custom ordering a 2021 Limited. MSRP: 68.7K His price: 59378 plus any FCA rebates at time of delivery.
His price includes fees, only TTL needs to be added. Only stipulation is that I finance through them.
Also, this dealer is a 10 hour drive from here, although I just read on their website they deliver nationwide.
Decisions, decisions... I am not in an immediate need for a truck, so should I wait and see what happens over the next few months ?

I am also talking with a ford dealer about a lower trim xlt and thinking about getting that as an intermediate truck (as in drive it for a year or 2 and then trade it in for a higher level trim) which right now I can get for almost 22.5% off msrp price. Would that strategy be total nuts ?
I am in the same dilemma....I just priced a laramie with my options ands only 7k under msrp with the current rebates. Who knows what two months will bring...has to be better deals waiting. But if you wait for them to be here to order then no guarantee you will get them when the car arrives.....hoping maybe whats delivered is close to what I want is a longshot

jastevenson

Reaction score
14 percent off is slick, especially if that is after fees. I’d take it.

Are you anywhere near the west coast? If so, mind if I ask which dealer? Can PM me if you prefer.

Getting real here. Emailing with a dealer about custom ordering a 2021 Limited. MSRP: 68.7K His price: 59378 plus any FCA rebates at time of delivery.
His price includes fees, only TTL needs to be added. Only stipulation is that I finance through them.
Also, this dealer is a 10 hour drive from here, although I just read on their website they deliver nationwide.
Decisions, decisions... I am not in an immediate need for a truck, so should I wait and see what happens over the next few months ?

I am also talking with a ford dealer about a lower trim xlt and thinking about getting that as an intermediate truck (as in drive it for a year or 2 and then trade it in for a higher level trim) which right now I can get for almost 22.5% off msrp price. Would that strategy be total nuts ?

Bas

Reaction score
It's a dealer in MO, I am from CO and not impressed so far with the dealers here (the ford one is great btw and in town, so that is a big plus).

Rambunktious

Reaction score

That strategy almost makes sense with that good of a discount. This COVID nonsense will go away by early to middle of next year, so getting a great deal on a truck now, at least until the deals come back, kind of makes sense. Also, in case you haven't checked them out yet, there are good deals to be had on the Bighorns. My dealership had a couple dozen on his lot 2 months ago so I am thinking he is discounting the Bighorns like crazy to get them off his lot before the 2021's start showing up. It wouldn't hurt to look at getting a great deal on a Bighorn, and then upgrading to your Limited in a couple of years. I have also seen a couple of posts in this forum for people who had gotten really good deals on Bighorns. Something to consider.

Bas

Reaction score
That strategy almost makes sense with that good of a discount. This COVID nonsense will go away by early to middle of next year, so getting a great deal on a truck now, at least until the deals come back, kind of makes sense. Also, in case you haven't checked them out yet, there are good deals to be had on the Bighorns. My dealership had a couple dozen on his lot 2 months ago so I am thinking he is discounting the Bighorns like crazy to get them off his lot before the 2021's start showing up. It wouldn't hurt to look at getting a great deal on a Bighorn, and then upgrading to your Limited in a couple of years. I have also seen a couple of posts in this forum for people who had gotten really good deals on Bighorns. Something to consider.

The BigHorns are definitely on my radar as well and then the upgrade to a Limited a few years from now. Again my local dealers (within 50 or so miles) have not been very eager to do much on any trim. Was emailing with 2 of them over the labor day weekend and both just stopped communicating.

baccigalup

Reaction score
Bighorns are a dime a dozen, i imagine resale on them would be horrible in two or three years. Am I wrong?

Tonner

Reaction score
Thank you - this makes me feel better. I know I was going to pay "more" for a 2021 order vs. 2020 on the lot but I see some of the prices paid here and am a little jealous.
Makes me feel good. I’m in SEPA. My 2021 Laramie Night Edition MSRP came to 69103. Got 9311.22 below that before any incentives and when the builder was up earlier in the month it was showing $2000 in rebates here. Cant wait. Found out its in KZ status yesterday!

SJC5

Reaction score
Makes me feel good. I’m in SEPA. My 2021 Laramie Night Edition MSRP came to 69103. Got 9311.22 below that before any incentives and when the builder was up earlier in the month it was showing $2000 in rebates here. Cant wait. Found out its in KZ status yesterday!
What dealer did you go to?

Tonner

Reaction score
What dealer did you go to?
Jeff D’Ambrosio in Downingtown. Now in fairness I got an EP control code from my dad who is a Chrysler retiree. But I was able to get them below that. Starting with EP pricing was the key though.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve been lurking here since my 2014 Laramie Crew 4x4 LB was totaled in February. It was hit while parked on the street by an inattentive private snow plow driver on a beautiful sunny non-snowy day.

cf130ff2346813233751de92ea411ae3.jpg

Big bummer. Anyway, I fell in love with the 2020 Longhorn and it’s black and saddle interior. Couldn’t find an existing LB Longhorn in patriot blue with the right set of options then (or any time since then), so had a deal in March to order one with an MSRP of $60,505, dealer discounted price of $53,079, and incentives back then (assuming that they remained similar) of $5,500, bringing the price to $47,579 + TTL. Not too shabby for a crew cab 4x4 LB Longhorn.

Just then the pandemic hit, and I decided like many to wait and a) make sure that I wouldn’t be adversely impacted by the pandemic and b) reap even better incentives as the economy inevitably struggled. Won’t really know if it was the right or wrong move until I see what incentives will apply to the order below. But obviously the big discounting never came, and its a crap shoot anyway on an ordered truck.

So finally today, over 6 months later, I waved the white flag and put my replacement truck on order. 2021 4x4 Longhorn Crew Cab LB, Patriot Blue, 5.7l Hemi V8 w/o e-torque, black and saddle interior, 3.92 axle, anti-spin diff, trailer brake controller, 33 gallon fuel tank, Bed Utility Group. MSRP $60,845, Invoice $55,903, purchase price $53,000 less all incentives/cash/rebates available at time of delivery, plus TTL.

Happy to get the clock ticking, I miss my truck and am still stoked over the Longhorn.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sorry about the 14’! It happens.
You waited but now got what you wanted in color and options as well as a brand new 21’.
As long as you are happy the price isn’t a big deal. Sounds like you keep your trucks long enough to negate any possible price concerns anyway.

Bajabaja

Reaction score
Thursday 2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4x4 Crew Hemi Etorque Sport Appearance, Big Horn Level 1 couple extras MSRP $52,500 Paid 41K after dealer adds. before TTL Doc.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking at a few trucks. Two are Laramies, one a Big Horn. All different dealers.

1. Laramie, MSRP $55900. Dealer will do 10% off dealer discount, says that only leaves them a couple hundred to pay the salesman even accounting for holdback. I have asked them if they'll waive the doc fee and throw in some accessories, will hear back Monday. Will give me what I'm looking for on my trade ($35k). Not sure about the doc fee but it is a small town so I wouldn't think it would be more than $200. About 45 miles away.

2. Big Horn level 2 package with blind spot, MSRP $51655. Dealer is at about 7.5% dealer discount, just barely under invoice. Is hoping that because I spent two trips there and several hours driving trucks I'll spend more money. $100 less on trade than dealer 1. $250 doc fee. Twenty miles away.

3. Laramie, of unknown MSRP. I found a dealer in the Minneapolis area that has what I wanted, MSRP $54895 that would do 13.8% dealer discount but they were really light on the trade of my F150. Another dealer in southern MN said they would do a similar percent off dealer discount, and had the same exact featured truck on their lot. They are at $300 less than dealer 1 on my trade. But right after I inquired they said that one sold, and as of today it is off their web site. They said they would locate one, and they agreed they'd do a similar discount on a locate. So they located one at a MSRP of $54500, but when it came time to put pen to paper are only doing it basically at invoice (about 7.5% dealer discount). I laughed. They have one just like it in granite gray on their lot, but I really like the delmonico red. They are seeing if they can do better on a locate, and what they can do on the gray one, Monday. Their doc fee is also high at $419. I just feel lied to by them. 185 miles away.

I don't know if any of these are good deals but they seem to be the best I can do within a couple hundred mile distance. I seem to be running into the same situation a poster on the previous page mentioned: dealers are hesitant to go much under invoice because RAM isn't doing volume kickbacks to them right now.

I know Criswall is doing 11% on Laramie orders of 2021, but then you have the $500 Maryland state fee and it would probably cost $700 or more to transport to WI. 2021 are also about $700 to $800 more for the same truck as 2020 (higher base price, higher engine price). Incentives are $3500 right now on Laramies in my area since they just added $500 two days ago until the end of the month (I qualify for more than the standard ones, those are the standard ones). I'm also worried my truck won't be worth close to what it is now after the month ends: it is worth about $7k more right now than it was six months ago. Once 21s start hitting the lot it is now a 3 year old truck instead of a 2 year old truck, and used inventory is already starting to slowly increase which brings prices down.

There is one other dealer with a truck that I think is in transit in Milwaukee (60 miles) I can talk to. I don't know if they'll deal or not. The dealer just a few miles away in town previously offered 11.6% dealer discount on a $52900 Laramie locate. Their GM dealer in town only offered $33500 on trade. I have been told all dealers in this dealer group should be the same trade price, but I have asked them to consider going higher. Will see what they say. They have a truck similar to mine at a lot 10 miles away for $37500 and mine has slightly more desirable features (LED lights, spray in liner, V8 vs the 2.7L V6).

Edit: I ended up sending a message to three other dealers. The one in Milwaukee, and then one about two and a half hours SW and another about the same mostly straight south. Will see what they say. I'm not in a big rush, but getting it done this week would be nice.

Also, anyone know if you can use the PenFed $1000 and TrueCar $500 rebates together? Dealer 3 said no, but not sure I trust them.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Boston

Reaction score
When I bought mine I was looking at Big Horns and Laramies. I could get about $10K off a Big Horn and about $5K off a Laramie.

With the budget and timeline I had it came down to a loaded Big Horn or an entry-level Laramie. I like leather seats but I love option packages more. ;)

You can always add leather after the fact with Katzskin. A good option if you have the BH with heated seats

michaelf2780

Reaction score
I would like to Special Order a 2021 but I can not see the 2021 on Rams site. Tried on my phone, laptop, and tablet and deleted cookies and everything. Could it be regional?

What are some good dealers to preorder from that will give good below invoice pricing before rebates/incentives without haggling and trying to add a bunch of gloat on? What percent should I aim for? I would love to order one tomorrow as I really need a truck. If anyone has access to the 2021 build can you also let me know if the Laramie Diesel 4x4 will allow you to also have a Panoramic Moonroof? The 2020 build would not last time I checked.

Also some advice. I would like to tow about 5500 max (dry weight is 3500 and fully loaded max weight is 5500) and will be getting rid of one of my current trailers. One is a 5th wheel (light at max of 5500 lb) with a max tongue weight of 900 lb and with normal passengers and gear in the actual truck the normal cargo will be about 1500 before adding in gas. Am I cutting this to close and would a higher Gear Ratio help? I do plan on getting the Air Suspension. Anything else I should make sure to add or avoid for the above? Would the panoramic moonroof put me over?

If that would put me over I have a normal trailer I could keep instead and the max tongue weight will only be 600 lbs. So 300 lbs lighter. I could even trade the trailer to family and get a max tongue weight of 450 lbs but doubt I could go lower than that.

Is the Built to Serve package still available also and can it come with gator green still?

campbell

Reaction score
Hey, I found a 2020 Laramie Night with about 4,800 miles on it,

MSRP is at $63,725
I have them down to $49,587 OTD minus tax.

Feel like that seems like a pretty solid deal. Can't help but be a bit cautious with the 21's right around the corner.
New to the fi

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would like to Special Order a 2021 but I can not see the 2021 on Rams site. Tried on my phone, laptop, and tablet and deleted cookies and everything. Could it be regional?

What are some good dealers to preorder from that will give good below invoice pricing before rebates/incentives without haggling and trying to add a bunch of gloat on? What percent should I aim for? I would love to order one tomorrow as I really need a truck. If anyone has access to the 2021 build can you also let me know if the Laramie Diesel 4x4 will allow you to also have a Panoramic Moonroof? The 2020 build would not last time I checked.

Also some advice. I would like to tow about 5500 max (dry weight is 3500 and fully loaded max weight is 5500) and will be getting rid of one of my current trailers. One is a 5th wheel (light at max of 5500 lb) with a max tongue weight of 900 lb and with normal passengers and gear in the actual truck the normal cargo will be about 1500 before adding in gas. Am I cutting this to close and would a higher Gear Ratio help? I do plan on getting the Air Suspension. Anything else I should make sure to add or avoid for the above? Would the panoramic moonroof put me over?

If that would put me over I have a normal trailer I could keep instead and the max tongue weight will only be 600 lbs. So 300 lbs lighter. I could even trade the trailer to family and get a max tongue weight of 450 lbs but doubt I could go lower than that.

Is the Built to Serve package still available also and can it come with gator green still?

Welcome! So it appears that Ram removed the 2021 Build-and-Price for the non-TRX 1500s. I’m sure that they are making corrections as I recall others saying it was on the glitchy side. i believe others have had luck building the 2021s on the Costco Autos website...not 100% sure though.

As far as rebates and discounts on the 2021s, that’s kinda hard to determine. Typically at the release of a new model year, the discounts aren’t great. For a Laramie you might be looking at $1,000 to $2,000 in rebates from Ram, then if you can find a dealer with a decent dealer discount. If you’re willing to travel, you could try a couple of the Forums sponsored dealers...Criswell or Koons. You should see their advertisements in the right margin or they have their own separate sub-forums if you scroll down to the bottom of the forum homepage.

Lastly, for the Built-to-Serves, yes they are still making them. No, you can’t order one in Gator any longer. Gator was in the first phase release, and Ram should be releasing their third phase pretty soon (Colors Billet Silver and Anvil). If set on Gator, there’s a slight chance you could find one in leftover dealer inventory. If you’re looking for a green, in the fourth phase they’ll have a color called “Tank” which is like an army green. If you do a google search for “Jeep color Tank” you’ll get an idea of the color.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Commercial during the football game yesterday listed 2020 Big Horns with $7,300 discounts.

Unfortunately it’s a little deceiving. They have the same on their website, but if you read the fine print, it includes the $2,300 in Big Horn Package Savings that’s listed on the Window Stickers of the Big Horns. So it’s not $7,300 in manufacturer rebates.

Attachments

• 59C67C7A-74FA-410F-9266-E656A827EB03.png
    59C67C7A-74FA-410F-9266-E656A827EB03.png
    285.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread