5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Wsmith

Reaction score
Hi guys new to the forum, been reading this forum for about a month now trying to compare prices for trucks. Long story short I went to buy a 19 ram last year but never landed a deal, this year I’ve been looking again but due to this damn COVID really didn’t look until I heard about 0% financing which got me looking again. Upon further research you do wind up getting a better deal taking incentives over 0% if you have good credit which leads me to this post. I have located 2 identical trucks with most of my wants with the exception of the 9 speaker audio system. I worked with a salesman last month and he came up with a price of $44,542 add taxes and fees OTD price was $49,853. (See worksheet attached) I felt like it wasn’t the greatest deal so I passed and decided to see if this month would be any better. Today I spoke with the internet salesman of the same dealership and got quoted $43,343 before TTL fees, PLUS I also received the 1000 bonus cash email so I hope that can also be added. Not sure if this is a good deal since OTD price will be around 47-48. Being from the Emperor state the taxes are killing me. Thanks in advance for feedback
Not all that great of deal if the MSRP is 53ish. Mine was 52,800. My price was 10,000 off with dealer discount ($3,500) and rebates ($6,500) + TTL. But I bought mine when dealerships started opening back up. Not much selection of trucks, but they were a little desperate to make sales.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not all that great of deal if the MSRP is 53ish. Mine was 52,800. My price was 10,000 off with dealer discount ($3,500) and rebates ($6,500) + TTL. But I bought mine when dealerships started opening back up. Not much selection of trucks, but they were a little desperate to make sales.

So are you saying that you didn’t get a good deal on yours? because he’d be getting a better deal than you did. He’s already at $10K off MSRP with the most recent quote he received, plus he has an addition $1K rebate that he got via email, so that puts him at $11K off MSRP (before TTL). What kills him are the NY taxes, but before that, looking at the pre-TTL discount, i feel it’s a pretty solid deal given the current market.

Wsmith

Reaction score
So are you saying that you didn’t get a good deal on yours? because he’d be getting a better deal than you did. He’s already at $10K off MSRP with the most recent quote he received, plus he has an addition $1K rebate that he got via email, so that puts him at $11K off MSRP (before TTL). What kills him are the NY taxes, but before that, looking at the pre-TTL discount, i feel it’s a pretty solid deal given the current market.
Perhaps I read it wrong. I thought MSRP was in the 53 range and after TTL he was looking at 49 OTD. If i'm wrong my bad.
After looking at it closer his deal was slightly better than mine, he is getting hosed on taxes. Sorry about pissing in your Cheerios.

Last edited:

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Perhaps I read it wrong. I thought MSRP was in the 53 range and after TTL he was looking at 49 OTD. If i'm wrong my bad.

No worries, I think you got it right. I think the main factor for his OTD price are the taxes. He has almost $5K in taxes and fees, which wipes out about half of his discount. Unfortunately, there’s nothing that he can do about that. But looking at his deal from a pre-TTL perspective, at $11k off MSRP, i would say that’s pretty good. His OTD cost suffers due to NY tax, but it’s hard to determine a “good deal” on an OTD price because everyone’s taxes are different based on where they’re located. What somebody gets as an OTD price in Wyoming or Texas isn’t going to be the same as a person in New York or California due to taxes alone.

slatersan

Reaction score
A scam I suspect, given name of dealer.

In other news you can now search the Ram site up to a 250 mile radius. 100 more than before. But still no 2021 build
Thanks! This feature would have been super useful months ago!

slatersan

Reaction score
Good morning everyone!

For those of you with experience with Kernersville--wondering if the price they display on website is their bottom line? I'm in upstate NY where local inventory isn't really doing it for me. Trying to determine if working with a dealer that far away is worth the effort compared to others within a more reasonable distance. Thanks!
Good luck. I've been hammering on them for 2 months on an unconventionally optioned limited that they've had on lot for 160+ days that didn't sell in April when listed for 4k less than it sits at now. No movement...and I've been in the dealership and driven multiples.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
When building via the web site, there seems to be constraints which prevent the selection of certain items.
On simple example is that certain rims can only be selected with certain packages.

Curious to know for those who opted to sit down with a dealer and build from scratch, how much were you able to deviate from what the actual web site allowed you to do on your own?

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ok guys I'm still in the market and I found a limited 60k msrp. I attached the invoice and the otd what do you guys think. I think they can do better.

Make sure of what you're looking at, Grapevine had/has a lot of "base" Limiteds that make the price look good if you're just looking at the Limited trim description

Last edited:

Mike7311

Reaction score
You guys in these low tax states should feel lucky. In California they tax you on the before rebate price, so you are paying taxes on your rebates ‍♂️ @ 9.25%.

Grouper

Reaction score
When building via the web site, there seems to be constraints which prevent the selection of certain items.
On simple example is that certain rims can only be selected with certain packages.

Curious to know for those who opted to sit down with a dealer and build from scratch, how much were you able to deviate from what the actual web site allowed you to do on your own?
Yes. I just confirmed this today. I have been trying to configure a 2021 Laramie online with a non-eTorque Hemi. With the options I want, the configuration tool would not allow the non-eTorque selection. It would constantly delete chosen options when I deselected the eTorque engine.

The dealer just sent me a spec sheet with the non-eTorque Hemi in the configuration I have not been able to create online using the tool.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Yes. I just confirmed this today. I have been trying to configure a 2021 Laramie online with a non-eTorque Hemi. With the options I want, the configuration tool would not allow the non-eTorque selection. It would constantly delete chosen options when I deselected the eTorque engine.

The dealer just sent me a spec sheet with the non-eTorque Hemi in the configuration I have not been able to create online using the tool.

Removing the eTorgue was something I was trying to do as well.
Thanks for the info.

EJ84

Reaction score
I just spoke with a dealer about a ram 1500 in transit, he told me he cannot quote me a price or a price for a lease due to the fact the vehicle wouldn’t show up by the end of the month.
Does that sound correct?

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just spoke with a dealer about a ram 1500 in transit, he told me he cannot quote me a price or a price for a lease due to the fact the vehicle wouldn’t show up by the end of the month.
Does that sound correct?

The only question mark would be the rebates. Being that it is scheduled to arrive at the end of the month, by the time the sale happens, it could be next month with new rebates in play (those new rebates won't be known until the beginning of next month). That's the only reason I can see why they wouldn't be willing to give you a quote.

Rambunktious

Reaction score

As Grouper noted above, the dealer can probably make changes that aren't available on the configurator. When I configure a 2021 10th Anniversary Longhorn it removes the 22" rims and replaces them with the 20" rims, but my window sticker shows my truck with the 22" rims so your dealer can probably build or find a truck exactly the way you want it. Good luck!

Zachdaddy

Reaction score
Yes SCasey is right, it’s about 11k off before taxes and I’m just getting bent over with the TTL fees.
Update as of today the salesman told me that “the 1,000 is included in the TDM offer and was included in the price” it seems like they aren’t hungry enough for a sale but that may just be me, unfortunately they have the color/options I want without me having to order local and gamble on whatever price I get when it shows up

slick300

Reaction score
A scam I suspect, given name of dealer.

In other news you can now search the Ram site up to a 250 mile radius. 100 more than before. But still no 2021 build

Unfortunately, the search radius is a little wonky for me right now. When I set to 250 mi, anything between 150 mi and 250 mi shows up w/o any dealer info. Anyone else having that issue?

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes SCasey is right, it’s about 11k off before taxes and I’m just getting bent over with the TTL fees.
Update as of today the salesman told me that “the 1,000 is included in the TDM offer and was included in the price” it seems like they aren’t hungry enough for a sale but that may just be me, unfortunately they have the color/options I want without me having to order local and gamble on whatever price I get when it shows up

That’s a bummer he’s saying the additional $1K was already included. Did you mention the additional $1K before getting the $43K offer?

$10K is definitely still decent for the market we’re in, and I can almost guarantee that if you were to order a 2021, the discount wouldn’t be as good (just from a rebate standpoint). if you feel like the dealer pulled a fast one with the additional $1K, you can definitely push back. It sounds like this is the truck you’d be satisfied with, so there’s nothing wrong with pushing for that additional $1K to make a deal happen...let that be known.

If the dealer is still not interested, they have your contact info, and perhaps they’ll give you a call in the next few days.

Zachdaddy

Reaction score
That’s a bummer he’s saying the additional $1K was already included. Did you mention the additional $1K before getting the $43K offer?

$10K is definitely still decent for the market we’re in, and I can almost guarantee that if you were to order a 2021, the discount wouldn’t be as good (just from a rebate standpoint). if you feel like the dealer pulled a fast one with the additional $1K, you can definitely push back. It sounds like this is the truck you’d be satisfied with, so there’s nothing wrong with pushing for that additional $1K to make a deal happen...let that be known.

If the dealer is still not interested, they have your contact info, and perhaps they’ll give you a call in the next few days.

I didn’t happen to see the 1,000 bonus email until after the offer of 43, so I asked if that would be added on top of that number and as of now he said that the 1000 was included in the 43 price(as far as I understood from his email). I’ve been trying to haggle with them since last month and they didn’t really budge, even when I told them I’d be putting 20k down and if they could work with a better number or throw something in to no avail. Hopefully I can get a clarification with that bonus because that would help a lot, if love to get the truck for 42 flat Bedford TTL

Last edited:

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn’t happen to see the 1,000 bonus email until after the offer of 43, so I asked if that would be added on top of that number and as of now he said that the 1000 was included in the 43 price(as far as I understood from his email). I’ve been trying to haggle with them since last month and they didn’t really budge, even when I told them I’d be putting 20k down and if they could work with a better number or throw something in to no avail. Hopefully I can get a clarification with that bonus because that would help a lot, if love to get the truck for 42 flat Bedford TTL

Ah gotcha. Well that should definitely be an extra $1K, and not “already included” in the quote they had given before you even knew about it. The coupon even says “it’s a private offer not available to the general public and can be combined with most incentives.”

Attachments

• 3394D061-BE76-4BEA-ACCC-BF436D4D65D7.jpeg
    3394D061-BE76-4BEA-ACCC-BF436D4D65D7.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 46

bcliu430

Reaction score
Ah gotcha. Well that should definitely be an extra $1K, and not “already included” in the quote they had given before you even knew about it. The coupon even says “it’s a private offer not available to the general public and can be combined with most incentives.”
I received this too, but it cannot be applied to Laramie.

Users who are viewing this thread