5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Jrsem0317

Reaction score
On the main Ramtrucks.com page there are the 4 advertisement screens that scroll. The second and third one advertise the 0% for 84. On the second one with the 4 trucks lined up there is a 5 in a circle after the "months". On the third page with 1 truck driving there is a 7 in a circle after the "months". Clicking on either one of these brings up a screen showing that it cannot be combined.

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
On the main Ramtrucks.com page there are the 4 advertisement screens that scroll. The second and third one advertise the 0% for 84. On the second one with the 4 trucks lined up there is a 5 in a circle after the "months". On the third page with 1 truck driving there is a 7 in a circle after the "months". Clicking on either one of these brings up a screen showing that it cannot be combined.
It sure does. Looks like I will continue to wait.

Boston

Reaction score
All incentives continue through 4/14

I want to buy but reckon we can do just fine right now without the extra set of wheels. Heck my car was last filled up over two weeks ago and it still shows 400 mile range....

We’re so grounded right now.

fast50ranger

Reaction score
In Alabama prices are going up. The same Laramie that was 43K is now 49K. The only discounts showing are First Responders and Realtors.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Remember, there are no new trucks coming out of the factory, and there won't be for at least 1-2 months. So supply/choices will slowly wind down. I personally would not want a truck for several months (at least) after the factory restarts for QC purposes.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Remember, there are no new trucks coming out of the factory, and there won't be for at least 1-2 months. So supply/choices will slowly wind down. I personally would not want a truck for several months (at least) after the factory restarts for QC purposes.
Thats a good idea. Maybe not wait several months but at least 30 -60 days so the guys and gals can get back in the groove again. I know I’m “rusty” after a long break.

Redd_Jedd

Reaction score

It is true that supply is getting lower, but so is demand. With a grim month coming, demand will be down for quiet some time to come. Many who lost their jobs will not get them back, so a return to "normal" probably won't come for a long time. And with trucks being fairly expensive, I wonder what incentives will be later in the year.

I can see where some dealers are raising prices to keep more profit per unit, but if no one is buying, there is no profit to be made and only interest to be paid.

I do agree with QC possibly being an issue when production ramps up again.

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There should not be any desperation from the consumer to think they “HAVE” to buy one now with deals that are not very good and selection that’s even worse. Drive whatever you own now and wait for buying conditions to improve. What I wonder is what will happen to the used market when availability of new vehicles dries up. There’s going to be a void of new inventory in the coming months.

Jeepdinger

Reaction score
Normal model year changeover for Ram 1500s is in July (ish), and usually involves a shutdown for the changeover. With new model year orders starting to be accepted in May. This is based on the timing from last year of 2019-2020 changeover. I'm interested in 2 things. 1) With the coronavirus situation shutting things down now, will model year changeover move up? 2) In order to protect, or guarantee sales for the rest of the year, will RAM make the deals sell order protected? If so, you'll be able to order a new production 2021 model soon and possibly take advantage of the deals now. Advantage of sell order protected is that if the deals get better, you can take the better deal at time of delivery without necessarily losing the deals at the time of order. I'm holding out for the new Uconnect system. So I've been lurking on this forum. Congrats to all those who got their new RAM. I've been enjoying seeing how much people here on forum love this truck. I've test driven them, and I think the ride was same/better than my Audi A6 Avant (wagon). Needless to say, I was impressed that the ride quality was on par with a good german luxury car. Only natural upgrade for me is to go from wagon to truck. I'm watching Ford and GM since both are rumored to have new interiors on the way, but I don't think they'll be able to pull off the interior and ride quality of the RAM. We'll see. Right now, it's just waiting on the right time and deal to get the RAM I want.

Mikent

Reaction score
FYI, I’ve been considering a 2020 Ram and just received an email from the salesman I’ve been working with telling me ram has extended the 0% and 90 for the first payment, effective 4-1-20.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is true that supply is getting lower, but so is demand. With a grim month coming, demand will be down for quiet some time to come. Many who lost their jobs will not get them back, so a return to "normal" probably won't come for a long time. And with trucks being fairly expensive, I wonder what incentives will be later in the year.

I can see where some dealers are raising prices to keep more profit per unit, but if no one is buying, there is no profit to be made and only interest to be paid.

I do agree with QC possibly being an issue when production ramps up again.
True, but there are no payments for 3-4 months and many people are getting free cash from the government.

Users who are viewing this thread