5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
True, but there are no payments for 3-4 months and many people are getting free cash from the government.

that free cash isnt going to be enough to do anything. $1200 after 6 weeks unemployed wont even get one right with their rent or mortgage. Millions of Americans are going to be in a really bad place before the $1200 even arrives in 3+ weeks. The only people that will buy a new vehicle in the next 3 months are those that are secure in employment and are offered a really good deal. I’ve been tracking inventory at 3 Ram dealers in my area for 30 days and their inventory hasn’t changed much, most of the trucks that caught my attention are still sitting on the lots!

Roddog2220

Reaction score
that free cash isnt going to be enough to do anything. $1200 after 6 weeks unemployed wont even get one right with their rent or mortgage. Millions of Americans are going to be in a really bad place before the $1200 even arrives in 3+ weeks. The only people that will buy a new vehicle in the next 3 months are those that are secure in employment and are offered a really good deal. I’ve been tracking inventory at 3 Ram dealers in my area for 30 days and their inventory hasn’t changed much, most of the trucks that caught my attention are still sitting on the lots!

in dfw the smart larger dealers are making moves and moving stuff

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
in dfw the smart larger dealers are making moves and moving stuff

they aren’t doing that here! The one that blows my mind is Ford, they don’t offer any enticing sales and their sales #’s have been going down and down , wonder what their plan is to become relevant again? At least Ram and GM are trying to entice buyers with some sort of sales.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
they aren’t doing that here! The one that blows my mind is Ford, they don’t offer any enticing sales and their sales #’s have been going down and down , wonder what their plan is to become relevant again? At least Ram and GM are trying to entice buyers with some sort of sales.

ford is living in the past and is going to get crushed for it

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I actually think ford had some of the better discounts last month. I noticed they haven’t posted anything yet for april, but they are always slow on updating.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve been tracking inventory at 3 Ram dealers in my area for 30 days and their inventory hasn’t changed much, most of the trucks that caught my attention are still sitting on the lots!

I've been watching 28 trucks (used and new) over the last 2 weeks as well, all that I would be interested in buying at the right price. So far one has sold.

Not too much action on price yet, although on of the used ones I'm watching came down $2400 in the last week.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
I actually think ford had some of the better discounts last month. I noticed they haven’t posted anything yet for april, but they are always slow on updating.

i shopped ford, they had some decent discounts on their 19s with 0 percent and every dealer wanted to give me 4k less than dodge would bc they think they have a superior product, they are going to get crushed if they dont redesign and stop the emotional attachment they have to their trucks

Roddog2220

Reaction score
I've been watching 28 trucks (used and new) over the last 2 weeks as well, all that I would be interested in buying at the right price. So far one has sold.

Not too much action on price yet, although on of the used ones I'm watching came down $2400 in the last week.

are you a serious buyer, make them offers all they can do is say no lol

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i shopped ford, they had some decent discounts on their 19s with 0 percent and every dealer wanted to give me 4k less than dodge would bc they think they have a superior product, they are going to get crushed if they dont redesign and stop the emotional attachment they have to their trucks

lol yea Ford is kind of a dbag like that. I actually got the highest trade value there, but probably smoke and mirrors because their dealer discount wasn’t as high as I know it could be. Still trying to snag that F250 I showed you for ‘cheap’ lol.

GM has now updated their stuff to 4/7 and removed some of the GMC offers altogether. Ford just posted 0% 84 on 2019 f150 when the dealer told me ford was allegedly done incentivizing 2019s after March. So either he lied or Ford can’t afford to not push the 19s off the lot.

looks like they are all in a stand off almost on who is going to do what in the short term. Interesting times indeed.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
are you a serious buyer, make them offers all they can do is say no lol

At the right price, I'm definitely serious. I'm less than a year in on a 5 year loan anyway, so the right price to me would be restarting that loan at the same amount financed and length. Or depending on the situation, I would finance just a little bit more and take the 0% deal to go brand new. I'm also in ok shape on my current truck, figuring to have at least 16-18k down payment after paying off my trade in.

I would start throwing out the emails but I'm not sure I want to get started just yet...I'm still fairly far away on hitting my numbers but am also in absolutely no need or rush whatsoever. I'm realistically looking at being a month or two out, at least, depending on what happens in that time frame with everything. Maybe it won't be til summer, or at all, but at some point I will definitely join in the game and try my luck and start sending out some offers.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
At the right price, I'm definitely serious. I'm less than a year in on a 5 year loan anyway, so the right price to me would be restarting that loan at the same amount financed and length. Or depending on the situation, I would finance just a little bit more and take the 0% deal to go brand new. I'm also in ok shape on my current truck, figuring to have at least 16-18k down payment after paying off my trade in.

I would start throwing out the emails but I'm not sure I want to get started just yet...I'm still fairly far away on hitting my numbers but am also in absolutely no need or rush whatsoever. I'm realistically looking at being a month or two out, at least, depending on what happens in that time frame with everything. Maybe it won't be til summer, or at all, but at some point I will definitely join in the game and try my luck and start sending out some offers.

throw the feelers and emails out there to them, doesnt hurt, you never ever know when they need to make a sale, dont tell them your equity position in your trade, none of their dam business

i do send a copy of my credit report so they know im not a tire kicker

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score

fake news.

it says:

The bright spot for Fiat Chrysler in the quarter was its Ram brand, where sales increased 3 percent from a year earlier. Sales of its Ram pickup increased to more than 128,000 for the quarter.

Sales are up for quarter as opposed to last year , but they lost sales in March which is the strongest month of the quarter (from another article).

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
ford is living in the past and is going to get crushed for it
Ferd has many loyal adherents who won’t ever look at anything else. They’d rather switch political parties than buy a GM or a RAM... Then they have the 2021 supposed redesign coming, which the owners of the dog oil burning 5.0 2018’s will lap up. (Below from FordF150.net)
Re: 2018 f150 using oil
  • Post by tjreams » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:01 pm
    I got this off another site. It is a Ford TSB on excessive oil use on the new 5.0.
    TSB 19-2338. I can't get it to copy to here.
    However it states Ford will no longer replace engines that it is a program fault. Ford is currently working on a "fix" which will be available in Dec, 2019”
2nd ford forum post:
Post by Hannae » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:04 am
“I just bought a 2019 Ford F-150 crew cab with the 3.55 gears and 5.0 v8. Got the Stx to save some $. Will be used to tow my 2002 stratos 18xl and as a daily driver. Now I am reading and seeing that the 2018 5.0’s had all kind of oil consumption issues and even had a Tsb for this problem. Also saw an article today that ford will be reducing shifts at the plant making the 5.0. Anybody have a 2018 or 2019 F-150 with the 5.0v8 and had any of these issues or others? Hope buying the 5.0 was not a mistake.” End of copied post

Nope, the grass ain’t greener over at Ferd...

Poor ol’ GM, they don’t have a redesign coming up for that dreadful interior and front grille. I do think their 6.2 is a stronger motor than the 5.7 hemi yet the 6.2 recommends 93 octane to get its full power. (“GM engines that focus on high performance need premium grade gasoline to increase the power and efficiency of those engines. For instance, the Vortec 6000 6 liter Silverado will run on 87 octane but GM recommends you use premium fuel...”
Reference Itstillruns.com, GM Octane Requirements)

That and the whole valve coking thing on the direct injection GM engines. It’s no panacea over on the other side(s).

Last edited by a moderator:

Granite2WD

Reaction score
Ferd has many loyal adherents who won’t ever look at anything else. They’d rather switch political parties than buy a GM or a RAM... Then they have the 2021 supposed redesign coming, which the owners of the dog oil burning 5.0 2018’s will lap up. (Below from FordF150.net)
Re: 2018 f150 using oil
  • Post by tjreams » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:01 pm
    I got this off another site. It is a Ford TSB on excessive oil use on the new 5.0.
    TSB 19-2338. I can't get it to copy to here.
    However it states Ford will no longer replace engines that it is a program fault. Ford is currently working on a "fix" which will be available in Dec, 2019”
2nd ford forum post:
Post by Hannae » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:04 am
“I just bought a 2019 Ford F-150 crew cab with the 3.55 gears and 5.0 v8. Got the Stx to save some $. Will be used to tow my 2002 stratos 18xl and as a daily driver. Now I am reading and seeing that the 2018 5.0’s had all kind of oil consumption issues and even had a Tsb for this problem. Also saw an article today that ford will be reducing shifts at the plant making the 5.0. Anybody have a 2018 or 2019 F-150 with the 5.0v8 and had any of these issues or others? Hope buying the 5.0 was not a mistake.” End of copied post

Nope, the grass ain’t greener over at Ferd...

Poor ol’ GM, they don’t have a redesign coming up for that dreadful interior and front grille. I do think their 6.2 is a stronger motor than the 5.7 hemi yet the 6.2 recommends 93 octane to get its full power. (“GM engines that focus on high performance need premium grade gasoline to increase the power and efficiency of those engines. For instance, the Vortec 6000 6 liter Silverado will run on 87 octane but GM recommends you use premium fuel...”
Reference Itstillruns.com, GM Octane Requirements)

That and the whole valve coking thing on the direct injection GM engines. It’s no panacea over on the other side(s).
Interesting points. To be the devil's advocate, I might rather add oil to an engine than replaced snapped exhaust manifold bolts.

antwon412

Reaction score
Where can I see invoice price....or calculate it?
Go to Edmunds.com. That’s what I did. Build my truck on the ram website exactly the way I wanted it. Then went to Edmunds.com and built there as well. Edmunds.com at the same MSRP, shows you what the invoice cost most likely is, and also what you should pay for it based on your area code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/