5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
throw the feelers and emails out there to them, doesnt hurt, you never ever know when they need to make a sale, dont tell them your equity position in your trade, none of their dam business

i do send a copy of my credit report so they know im not a tire kicker

Yeah never hurts to ask certainly, I just don't really want to start contact early and have to deal with endless emails from many sources. I might throw a few feelers out in the next week or two on the ones I'm closer to price on though, obviously some of the used 19/20's. And I crunch all the numbers myself long before contacting anyone, I usually go very straight forward and tell them my vin/miles and what I owe, and that I'll finance a certain amount and if they can do that I will purchase immediately. Worked pretty good on my last deal, which I was pretty far apart on as well prior to making contact. They couldn't do it for about a week, but eventually called and said they could do it, I said I would make the trip to get it the next day and I did.

I've done some different methods for trading in, this one works the best for me. All I care about is how much I'm financing, which in the case of my most recent deal, they didn't move on their price much at all but gave me $4k more for my trade than I was calculating for. Doesn't matter to me, as long as I get out the door at the amount financed that I wanted to. I'll also take a stupid interest rate with the dealer to get the deal done, and then refinance with my CU right after.

Either way, I'm viewing this as an opportunity and certainly a different feel from any other time I've looked to buy a truck. Really nice that I feel very little temptation to buy, just will take advantage of a really good deal if I can.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
fake news.

it says:

The bright spot for Fiat Chrysler in the quarter was its Ram brand, where sales increased 3 percent from a year earlier. Sales of its Ram pickup increased to more than 128,000 for the quarter.

Sales are up for quarter as opposed to last year , but they lost sales in March which is the strongest month of the quarter (from another article).
Yeah should have read that more carefully. They don't break sales down by month, only quarter.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Interesting points. To be the devil's advocate, I might rather add oil to an engine than replaced snapped exhaust manifold bolts.
Well maybe. Hemi ticks and manifold bolts don't necessitate complete long blocks, which Ferd was doing for awhile but has quit doing...leaving their customer in quite a hole.

I’d still take a free Ferd truck, heck I’ve owned 3, there’s issues with every brand. It’s a crap shoot anymore. So far so good with my 1st ever RAM, thirsty hemi non-withstanding.

TheRamMan

Reaction score
Do all dealers use nada for trade? I have a 19 ram 55k msrp 13k Miles and I’ve been getting trade in offers Of 25-28k when I try to look on nada I can’t even value my trade because i can’t select a 2019 only a 2018. And the dealer says they use nada not kbb which kbb is almost 35k trade

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Do all dealers use nada for trade? I have a 19 ram 55k msrp 13k Miles and I’ve been getting trade in offers Of 25-28k when I try to look on nada I can’t even value my trade because i can’t select a 2019 only a 2018. And the dealer says they use nada not kbb which kbb is almost 35k trade
I think they’ll use whichever is more beneficial to them actually.

ldoh

Reaction score
I bet dealers are sweating bullets FCA will leave them hung out to dry with huge inventory. FCA has to do better than 0% 84 mos and delaying payments a few months if they want to move inventory in this recession/depression. It's hard to imagine how FCA increases sales without significant money on the hood.

cwilsoniaff

Reaction score
i got a killer deal but if i could have waited i would have, deals may not be better now but they will be once this thing passes over
I hear ya! I got a pretty good deal as well. I didn't want to wait much longer as I was tired of the Cadillac I was driving.... AND it needed brakes and tires real soon.

TheRamMan

Reaction score
25-28? I’m getting 38 on average, 19 rebel 22k miles and 59k MSRP. weaseled my way up to 39-40 at some places.
Wow I would love those trade prices they said they could only sell mine for 33k at the most so that’s the best they can do. The only dealer that gave me anything decent was a local one at 34k but they wouldn’t do any dealer discounts that’s msrp with 0%

Ryanwood08

Reaction score
2020 Ram Rebel Eco Diesel Crew Cab
Rebel 12
Rebel Level 2 Equipment Group
Black Appearance Package
Air Suspension
33 Gal Tank
Safety and Convenience Group
Trailer Brake Control
Spray-in Bed-liner
Blind Spot/Cross Path Detection
Cold Weather Group
Wheel house liners
7yr/100,000 mile Warranty

MSRP: $70,370
Paid: $63,000 otd
84mo 0% interest no payment for 90 days.

I take delivery tomorrow. 10% off. Total rebates for me came out to $6,000. I chose to go with the financing instead. The lowest interest rate I was quoted from the couple credit unions I applied to was 3.5% for 72 months which came out to be $277 higher for the total cost of the loan than if I went with the 0% for 84 months. So lower payment and less total loan cost. Win. I haggled with them for 20 minutes over the cost of the warranty. They started at $3,900. Got it for $1,700ish. Glad it's finally here. Need a reliable mode of transportation. First things first is to get it ceramic coated.
What warranty did you get?
Congrats on the truck!!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sp13

Reaction score
I've been looking at Night edition Laramies but it's impossible to speak to anyone around me in NJ. PA dealerships are closed for sales so I can't go there, and NJ showrooms are closed. I've reached out to a few dealerships around me, but only 1 has responded. Their truck has an MSRP of 67,625 and they're selling it for 60,177. That price is still too high for me, but the truck also has a bunch of options I don't care for. This is the only dealership where I was actually able to speak with someone. It's a bit frustrating not to be able to get a hold of anyone.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Roddog2220

Reaction score
i change my financing before i signed the deal today, went with 5500 in rebates with same payment, got 3.99 for 84 which cost me 2k but in the end i owe 45k instead of 51k, will refinance soon so i could let the dealer make a little scratch

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i change my financing before i signed the deal today, went with 5500 in rebates with same payment, got 3.99 for 84 which cost me 2k but in the end i owe 45k instead of 51k, will refinance soon so i could let the dealer make a little scratch

I see rates down at lower 2% at NavyFederal. I’m probably going to jump on a refi pretty soon, myself.

shyam

Reaction score
Finally got my dream truck...
2020 1500 Limited 4x4
Level 1 package
Off road package
Panoramic roof
Msrp:68920
Sale price :51,500+TTL
Got 100k 6yr extended warranty for 1700 with 0 deductible ...not sure if this was a good price or not
Crazy part was with a 810 credit score, was offered 3.99 rate....what are my options for refinance...never done that so don’t know
D
Got financed yesterday at 2.24% for 60 months, doesn't hurt to shop around. These guys (https://www.myconsumers.org/) offered a 2.69%, that was the lowest for that day. A local credit union beat their rates.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Out with old, in with the new! The tonneau and wheels are off my old truck.

Attachments

• 0EBA79B6-1A4E-4CBC-A2B4-B971CD5CBA0E.jpeg
    0EBA79B6-1A4E-4CBC-A2B4-B971CD5CBA0E.jpeg
    176.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 6898EAA9-CD27-4839-AC86-31D82F1BB10D.jpeg
    6898EAA9-CD27-4839-AC86-31D82F1BB10D.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 75

Users who are viewing this thread