5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here’s where I am think I should hold out for more?

Bighorn ecodiesel
Msrp $56885
Incentives -$7000 (finance and conquest) plan to refinance in a few months for lower rate
Dealer discount -$4570
Truck price=$45315
+Dealer doc fees +$389
Total dealer price before ttl $45704

I also do have a trade that I’m getting $1000 over kbb on

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so if you add the 1k trade to the dealer discount, you’re around 10%. But I think you could get another 1k-2k off here. It’s a pretty highly optioned bighorn, so this one of the configurations where they have a lot of room on.

awsimeone

Reaction score
so if you add the 1k trade to the dealer discount, you’re around 10%. But I think you could get another 1k-2k off here. It’s a pretty highly optioned bighorn, so this one of the configurations where they have a lot of room on.

Thanks, Visiting some other dealers today to see if they can beat it. Spoke to the original quoting dealer this morning , they said it was their lowest and best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jkstop

Reaction score
Anyone check out the presidents day sale? Their official site says $12k off big horn crew can with etorque. Since my 2019 went back lemon law, I’m considering a 2020 order for a fully loaded big horn. I no longer see the option for the 12.3” screen like they were allowing with the big horn orders last year

humor4life26

Reaction score
2020 1500 Limited Crew 5.7 e-Touque diamond black. Base $56,965 and with options $69,765. I paid $55,990.

I feel like I did well. What do you think?
I'm shopping for a truck very nearly identical to yours and I'd say you did very well. Would you mind scanning your window sticker so that I can do a closer comparison to what I'm looking at? It would be very helpful t o me. I'm in Boise, ID. Thanks.

StaceyR

Reaction score
Hi all! New here from SoCal. Trying to custom order a well equipped Laramie EcoDiesel (MSRP $62,405) and getting a lot or discount resistance locally. Best offer so far is $6,800 off before rebates at Lake Elsinore (the Costco dealer in this area). They had better deals online but wouldn't wouldn't match the % discount of their sole EcoDiesel on the lot. Pushed for the extra $500 and they responded with no, they were "all in at that price". I'm a bit surprised that an extra $500 was a deal breaker for $62k truck! Test drove at Huntington Beach Ram (for the $50 gift card) and inquired about ordering and they said they don't negotiate off MSRP for orders. What?

Any suggestions?

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m having a difficult time navigating pricing. Some dealers lump rebates in with their dealer discount offer, some dont. Can’t find the same rebates listed on Ram’s website on any dealer websites.

Right now, I see Big Horn rebates on Rams website as shown below. I’m not sure I believe the average area dealer is offering $7k+ as a dealer discount on a Bighorn. Any thoughts on that? $15k off on $53k bighorn would be 28% before taxes.

I haven’t stepped foot in a dealer yet, but have initiated conversations with a few area dealers in hopes of closing a deal soon.

2c8bfaf732de9fac61c965b2d3088ac9.jpg

BugGuy

Reaction score
I’m having a difficult time navigating pricing. Some dealers lump rebates in with their dealer discount offer, some dont. Can’t find the same rebates listed on Ram’s website on any dealer websites.

Right now, I see Big Horn rebates on Rams website as shown below. I’m not sure I believe the average area dealer is offering $7k+ as a dealer discount on a Bighorn. Any thoughts on that? $15k off on $53k bighorn would be 28% before taxes.

I haven’t stepped foot in a dealer yet, but have initiated conversations with a few area dealers in hopes of closing a deal soon.

2c8bfaf732de9fac61c965b2d3088ac9.jpg

My experience is that everyone lumps in virtually every possible rebate possible to give them the lowest online price to lure customers into the dealership. Of course, a lot of people don't qualify for all the rebates so that just makes it confusing. I got a lot of resistance from multiple dealers to the point I was ready to give up. If you're persistant, do your research, you can find a good deal. $8k-12K is realistic and possible. $15k is stretching it imo.

Snicklefritz_76

Reaction score
My experience is that everyone lumps in virtually every possible rebate possible to give them the lowest online price to lure customers into the dealership. Of course, a lot of people don't qualify for all the rebates so that just makes it confusing. I got a lot of resistance from multiple dealers to the point I was ready to give up. If you're persistant, do your research, you can find a good deal. $8k-12K is realistic and possible. $15k is stretching it imo.

I had the same experiences, even drove from NJ to MD to look at a Limited that I though would be a good deal. I had the dealership manager quote and email me a price with all applicable rebates/discounts I qualified for, took the test drive and the sales guy refused to honor the quote. Needless to say I walked out.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had the same experiences, even drove from NJ to MD to look at a Limited that I though would be a good deal. I had the dealership manager quote and email me a price with all applicable rebates/discounts I qualified for, took the test drive and the sales guy refused to honor the quote. Needless to say I walked out.
That sucks. After a long trip and all that time with emails to back it up? Shame on them. So what did you end up doing?

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There's a lot of that flim-flam on their part. At least a few dealers don't play those games, basically as soon as I searched a website and saw a bunch of discounts offered, I knew it was the "game", and I moved on to a different dealer. Finally found a couple that just posted their discounted price before any applicable rebates and bough from one.
I didn't get the lowest price but I also didn't reward the dealers who play fast n' loose.

BugGuy

Reaction score

Wow! That's crazy! I feel like I got a REALLY good deal on my truck. There were other trucks not as nicely equipped as mine that were $3-$6k more. I texted my sales guy like 3-4 times before I went to the dealership. "Thats the FINAL price?? No add ons???" "That price doesn't include any cash from me??" etc. lol I was extremely paranoid of a bait and switch.

BTW, I'm in Maryland. Which dealership was it here that you had issues with??

Ram/Tun

Reaction score

If I have done it right the website address should be listed above. I'm new to the forum and learning. Hope this works.

The dealer is located in Arlington Heights IL. I live in the Chicagoland area.

Hope this helps

Also, that did not include TTL. IL loves to stick it to you for taxes.
Any tips to nagotiatin great deal as I'm located 5 minutes from Arlington Heights, in Rolling Meadows IL

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MiiisterAnderson

Reaction score

Force the dealer to break out their price and what discounts they are calculating (answer is probably all of them, even though they know you won't qualify for them all). Be up front how you are going to pay, cash (or finance through someone else) or finance with CC. Don't confuse the issue with a trade, even if you have one. You want the price for the truck, not the shell game most dealer will play.

I wrote the same email to every dealer (I'm near KC). I provided a print out of the truck I was going to order and I requested: MSRP, their Dealer Price,
Itemized discounts. If they didn't provide that, I asked again, if they played games, I crossed them off the list. I ended up buying my truck in STL and it's due in at the end of March. Given that I had a poor experience with some KC dealers, doesn't mean others will, nor will I trash them. If you'd like to know who I had the best experience with, please message me.

StaceyR

Reaction score
With help from those here and much research I pulled the trigger yesterday and placed a custom order for a '20 Laramie Crew 4x4 EcoDiesel here in SoCal (Lake Elsinore). Dealer was a Costco referral that was more accommodating than most others to placing an order at a fair discount. Final tab $55,405...$7,000 under MSRP, $2,000 under invoice, roughly halfway between FFP and EP pricing. All before any rebates/incentives at delivery. Minimum doc fee of $85 and nothing else. Surely not the best deal here but fair for SoCal. I reached out to many local dealers and even a couple in other states to get competing bids and was either blown off or told to take the Lake Elsinore offer as they wouldn't/couldn't beat it on factory order.

Buying off a lot was not in the cards as my build was not "mainstream" enough for any dealer on the west coast to order for stock: EcoDiesel and 3.92 gears, 33 gallon fuel tank, Laramie Level 1, air suspension, pano sunroof, Off-Road group, 18" wheels and LT tires (no 20's for me), trailer-tow group, brown/beige bucket seats, 8.4" screen w/nav, rubber mats and underseat storage. All covered in beautiful Delmonico Red...with no wasted money on sport, night, chrome or wheel packages that do nothing but just jack up the price. Not everyone's cup of tea but perfectly suited for frequent long trips towing our travel trailer in comfort and style and off road exploring when we get there.

Now the waiting begins...

mbeers31

Reaction score
First time posting here, but was able to read a ton of these comments to better understand and help me with a truck search. Pulled the trigger today on a 2020 1500 Laramie sport. Pretty well optioned. MSRP was 63,175. Talked them down to 57k even dealer discount with an additional 5,250 in rebates.
While I feel pretty good about this, and it’s too late to turn back now anyway, I just wanted to reach out and see if anyone else with a similar truck got comparable or even better deal. I just want to see how I did beating them down on the price. I dealt with a great dealership and a great salesman.
Congratulations to everyone and their new purchases, and thanks for all the advice and guidance, I think it truly helped me.
If anyone cares enough to or would like to chime in I’d love opinions on if my deal was a good one or not. So I can learn for the next time. Thanks all!

NJC1684

Reaction score
First time posting here, but was able to read a ton of these comments to better understand and help me with a truck search. Pulled the trigger today on a 2020 1500 Laramie sport. Pretty well optioned. MSRP was 63,175. Talked them down to 57k even dealer discount with an additional 5,250 in rebates.
While I feel pretty good about this, and it’s too late to turn back now anyway, I just wanted to reach out and see if anyone else with a similar truck got comparable or even better deal. I just want to see how I did beating them down on the price. I dealt with a great dealership and a great salesman.
Congratulations to everyone and their new purchases, and thanks for all the advice and guidance, I think it truly helped me.
If anyone cares enough to or would like to chime in I’d love opinions on if my deal was a good one or not. So I can learn for the next time. Thanks all!

18% off MSRP which most aim for at minimum. I'd say it was an ok deal.

Big3MG

Reaction score
I just don’t see the sense in buying a truck with eTorque as it doesn’t improve mileage much and it’s an aggravation dealing with this feature. The wear and tear on an engine starting up 200 times a day concerns me. I was going to order a decked out Laramie but found that eTorque is required for any RAM besides the Rebel if Equipment Level 1 or 2 is selected. So, I ordered a decked out RAM with the standard 5.7L.

Big3MG

Reaction score
Here’s what you need to do: email Craig Benner, sales manager at Koons dealership in Tyson’s VA, [email protected], and send him a PDF generated from the RAM website where you build your own truck and save it. Pick options identical to the truck you are looking at. He will send you a quote with your selected options (invoice and list for each), and he will deduct 8% below invoice. If you have tread lightly $100 membership he will deduct another 0.5%. Then any rebates will be deducted at time of delivery. He will add a $799 processing fee, but that’s just about 1% so no big deal. You can then either use this to get your dealer to match it, or order a new one from Craig, then fly into Dulles where you can Uber or maybe he will send someone to pick u up to take delivery. He can have it titled in your state (some exceptions).

BugGuy

Reaction score
I just don’t see the sense in buying a truck with eTorque as it doesn’t improve mileage much and it’s an aggravation dealing with this feature. The wear and tear on an engine starting up 200 times a day concerns me. I was going to order a decked out Laramie but found that eTorque is required for any RAM besides the Rebel if Equipment Level 1 or 2 is selected. So, I ordered a decked out RAM with the standard 5.7L.

Your info wasn't correct. I have a Bighorn with level 2 and I don't have eTorque. I'm kind of in the same boat as you, as I felt the expense of the eTorque and the possible issues down the road made it not worth while imo.

jmmurderedram

Reaction score
Just got myself a BigHorn 5.7 4wd, crew cab, Level 1 bighorn package, tow package, sport package, alpine upgrade, 3.92 limited slip, uconnect 4 w/nav. 51000 msrp, 41000 otd after ~10% down. 5k dealer discount + 5500 rebates. I was wanting the l2 bighorn package w/night package, alpine, tow, but no dealers would knock an extra 1-2k off to keep me around 40k otd (most were 53-54k msrp). I could have probably held out till the end of the month and got a desperation sale, didn't want to risk it.

Users who are viewing this thread