5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Wheeler

Reaction score
Just got myself a BigHorn 5.7 4wd, crew cab, Level 1 bighorn package, tow package, sport package, alpine upgrade, 3.92 limited slip, uconnect 4 w/nav. 51000 msrp, 41000 otd after ~10% down. 5k dealer discount + 5500 rebates. I was wanting the l2 bighorn package w/night package, alpine, tow, but no dealers would knock an extra 1-2k off to keep me around 40k otd (most were 53-54k msrp). I could have probably held out till the end of the month and got a desperation sale, didn't want to risk it.
What was sale price after discount and rebates? OTD PRICE is varies state wise. Keep down payment and tax out. That helps future buyers to negotiate.

Big3MG

Reaction score
Your info wasn't correct. I have a Bighorn with level 2 and I don't have eTorque. I'm kind of in the same boat as you, as I felt the expense of the eTorque and the possible issues down the road made it not worth while imo.
I should have said that you can’t get a Laramie or Limited without eTorque with equipment packages.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I should have said that you can’t get a Laramie or Limited without eTorque with equipment packages.

I’m actually having a hard time finding a Laramie with etorque here in KS. All kinds of packages on the Laramies around here, but few with etorque.

Some states, I see mostly etorque on the lot. You’re not limited to engine selection based on packages

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I’m actually having a hard time finding a Laramie with etorque here in KS. All kinds of packages on the Laramies around here, but few with etorque.

Some states, I see mostly etorque on the lot. You’re not limited to engine selection based on packages

I think he meant Longhorns and Limiteds. The Laramie was always available with or without etorque, but starting with the model year 2020, the Longhorns and Limiteds were only available with etorque for the hemi.

Good news there though, they have apparently taken back that requirement, on the build website you can now build a 2020 Longhorn or Limited with the 5.7 without etorque. I'm happy to see this become an option again and hope it stays that way.

ueadian

Reaction score
I just got a Rebel with rebel 12 level 2 33 gal tank and wheel liners, 59800 MSRP got it for 48380 so close to 12k off, I had 3 dealers competing against each other over the phone so I feel like I got a pretty good deal. Love the truck, anyone find a way to add cooling to the seats yet? I swear the leather has the holes in it already.

Xtrexx

Reaction score
Hi guys, new here. Went to a dealership yesterday looking at a 2020 1500 Big Horn in red, with the night package and level 2 package. MSRP listed at $51,640, with the dealership's adjusted price at $42,617 + $700 for "doc fees". I'll attach a picture of the breakdown. Ignoring the trade part of it (trading my 2014 2 door jeep wrangler, I feel like they're giving me a fair price on it), do you all think they can come down any more on it? I'm pretty sure I can get them to drop the $700 in doc fees, but I'd buy the car tomorrow if they can drop it another 2 grand, otherwise I may pass. Just looking for some thoughts, thanks!

Attachments

• 20200216_112536.jpg
    20200216_112536.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 69

Wheeler

Reaction score
Hi guys, new here. Went to a dealership yesterday looking at a 2020 1500 Big Horn in red, with the night package and level 2 package. MSRP listed at $51,640, with the dealership's adjusted price at $42,617 + $700 for "doc fees". I'll attach a picture of the breakdown. Ignoring the trade part of it (trading my 2014 2 door jeep wrangler, I feel like they're giving me a fair price on it), do you all think they can come down any more on it? I'm pretty sure I can get them to drop the $700 in doc fees, but I'd buy the car tomorrow if they can drop it another 2 grand, otherwise I may pass. Just looking for some thoughts, thanks!
Missing lot of detail. Assuming hemi 5.7 4x4. I don't know how much is night package. I paid little under 42k before tax and fees for Laramie. You should negotiate another 3 to 5 grand off.

Xtrexx

Reaction score
Missing lot of detail. Assuming hemi 5.7 4x4. I don't know how much is night package. I paid little under 42k before tax and fees for Laramie. You should negotiate another 3 to 5 grand off.
Yea it's the 5.7 4x4, sorry about that. And yea that's kinda what I was thinking after looking at more of the prices some people paid for their Laramies on here. Hopefully they'll be willing to drop the bottom since I've found another dealership with a quad cab 1500 big horn with the level 1 package who's gonn install heated seats for about 8 grand cheaper. It's still a 2020, just a package size smaller. I'll be ready to walk away from the nice Red, night (or blackout, whatever) edition for a similar ones 8000 less lol.

Xtrexx

Reaction score
Also, I just found the sticker for this particular truck online.

Attachments

• ram 1500 sticker sheet.pdf
    96.2 KB · Views: 29

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m really wondering when these 20%+ Laramie deals have occurred. I know guys who got $15-16k off sticker last year June/July when rebates were top tier, but I’m not sure that’s feasible under current incentives. I seem to get a much better discount currently on Bighorn, since the incentives are better at the moment.

Are there times of the year when Laramie incentives meet or exceed Bighorn incentives?

Wheeler

Reaction score
This weekend should be one of the best deals beside Christmas

Wheeler

Reaction score
I’m really wondering when these 20%+ Laramie deals have occurred. I know guys who got $15-16k off sticker last year June/July when rebates were top tier, but I’m not sure that’s feasible under current incentives. I seem to get a much better discount currently on Bighorn, since the incentives are better at the moment.

Are there times of the year when Laramie incentives meet or exceed Bighorn incentives?
Happening right now...... Screenshot_20200217-081841.jpg

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I mean, I’m seeing similar postings by some dealers and when I reach out I find they’re listing every incentive possible. With my local incentives, my dealer would have to give around a $9500 dealer discount to achieve a combined 20% off sticker. Even then, if I read above, that’s only an “okay deal”

That vehicle is in CA so not something I could make good on anyways, but I question whether that’s the price for everyone, or the price for a realtor with a new holland combine, who also served in the military this year, insures thru USAA, is less than 5’3” tall and can hit a 3pt from the half court line.

Wheeler

Reaction score
That's what I tell them I don't care how you meet the price advertised online. I will pay that price not a single penny more. This time they called me 9pm same night I test drove. Some time it took almost a week.

BugGuy

Reaction score
That vehicle is in CA so not something I could make good on anyways, but I question whether that’s the price for everyone, or the price for a realtor with a new holland combine, who also served in the military this year, insures thru USAA, is less than 5’3” tall and can hit a 3pt from the half court line.

HILARIOUS!!!! So frustrating looking at those online prices.

BTK20

Reaction score
After the debacle in trying to order my truck (I found out 4 weeks after placing the order they would not build my configuration, V6, 2WD Limited with air suspension) my dealer was eager to make up for it. They found one locally with the eTorque hemi, level 1 equipment group, and trailer tow group. None of which I ordered. They agreed to sell it for the price we negotiated on my order. Got about 5k in additional options for the same price :). MSRP was $64,685 and got it for $54,000, 17% off MSRP. FCA not building what I wanted was a blessing after all :giggle:

Reaction score
Thanks fellas glad I saw this post before going in and negotiating. Picked this rig up Friday Night OTD (All fees) for 50,500 in NorCal. Seems in alignment with the general census in getting around 20 percent off. First time Ram Owner sweet ride.

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    420.3 KB · Views: 98

Users who are viewing this thread