5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Butang

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just picked up 2019 Sport (Alberta, Canada)

MSRP $71,010
OTD $51,830
$19,180 off MSRP

I had a deal with this dealer for 53K in July and didn't buy. Went in Aug 31 and we made deal.

I had very similar deals with dealers in Calgary and Airdrie for the last few months so anyone looking in Alberta should easily be able to bargain down.
Theres so much 2019 stock on every lot they will want to move.

I basically calculated 30% off MSRP off the truck I liked and started that as my bargaining price.

Also the wife currently finances a Jeep so we got the roll up promo for additional 2k off and 1% reduction over interest that's included in my OTD price.

If anyone is shopping around my area and have questions feel free to message me!

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk

NYNJ8

Reaction score
bought my level 2 bighorn August 16th. MSRP was $46,235. Sale price after incentives was $33,623. That is before TT&L.

This is exactly what I'm looking for. Did the sale price of $33.6 include any trade ins other other non-manufacturer/dealer discounts?

ARD

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum but have owned multiple Dodge/Ram products over the years (still have 3 of them - 98 Dakota, 06 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Diesel, & 17 Durango R/T).

Currently In a market to get a new 1500. Found one fully loaded Laramie 1500 with MSRP @ $68105. Still waiting for details of the quote, but I was given OTD of $59858. This includes all fees, tags and tax.
Not sure if there is more room to wiggle. Reading through the forum it appears to be an average deal.

What do you think, BTW, location is in Florida.

Turin

Reaction score
Currently In a market to get a new 1500. Found one fully loaded Laramie 1500 with MSRP @ $68105. Still waiting for details of the quote, but I was given OTD of $59858. This includes all fees, tags and tax.
The deal is nothing special; you should definitely be able to do better. Perhaps more importantly a $68k MSRP is really high for a Laramie. You're better off starting out with a Limited (or maybe Longhorn) instead of optioning up a Laramie to match one.

Rau

Reaction score
I saw somewhere on the net that local dealer here in Houston was advertising 55% off on 2019 RAM 1500. The dealer was Machaikdcj. I wonder if this is just another BS to get people in the dealership.

SAFrog

Reaction score
If I’m reading correctly, it does look like there are some incredible deals - Ram 1500 Big Horn for as low as $22,500. Trying to figure out the catch.

ARD

Reaction score
The deal is nothing special; you should definitely be able to do better. Perhaps more importantly a $68k MSRP is really high for a Laramie. You're better off starting out with a Limited (or maybe Longhorn) instead of optioning up a Laramie to match one.
I know, unfortunately I can't get Limited without chrome. This Laramie is fully black, no chrome, just the way I like it. But the price seems high. They have few on the lot but not willing to deal any lower, guess will have to wait.

RJS

Reaction score
I know, unfortunately I can't get Limited without chrome. This Laramie is fully black, no chrome, just the way I like it. But the price seems high. They have few on the lot but not willing to deal any lower, guess will have to wait.
Is that decision because they don't have what you want or somebody here said you could do better. If you like the truck and it fits into your budget give them some time and go back.

I'm 76 yo and bought a new Laramie Sport a week back from a local dealer. $11K off and $3600 more for my trade in than any dealer within 100 miles would give me. Adding the trade in difference, it worked out to about 23%. I know folks here have gotten better deals but I loved the truck and I'll probably be dead before they lower the prices much.
I bought now because my trade would never be higher and trucks go up every year. I'm happy with the deal and my new truck.
Don't be afraid to make your own decision based on your choices.

Rau

Reaction score
If I’m reading correctly, it does look like there are some incredible deals - Ram 1500 Big Horn for as low as $22,500. Trying to figure out the catch.
Where did you see it? Do you have a link to the deal?

irontiger

Reaction score

SAFrog

Reaction score
price looks too good to be true.....

There are several on the site at right around that price. Yes, I agree about being too good to be true. Was wondering if there was some mileage on them but unable to tell.

turboj

Reaction score
This is exactly what I'm looking for. Did the sale price of $33.6 include any trade ins other other non-manufacturer/dealer discounts?
hi, there was a trade involved. Out the door price was more as I was upside down on my previous truck and then u add Tax title and license. dealer discount was $10, 100 and then there was some manufacturers rebates to get it to 33.6. If I didn't have a trade that I had a finance a few grand into the loan, I could have been out the door under 35k. This was a latemarch 2018 build so it was ready to be sold by august 2019. Dealership had some really good deals on some similar big horns and I really wanted a level 2.

turboj

Reaction score
I saw somewhere on the net that local dealer here in Houston was advertising 55% off on 2019 RAM 1500. The dealer was Machaikdcj. I wonder if this is just another BS to get people in the dealership.
I bought mine from there last month. Ads are not a lie *But* there is an almost 3k "addendum" (profit held back) that is added to the internet price. I called and they told me that up front. It was still a good deal comparatively with that factored in so I was ok with it. My dealership was getting rid of a late march 2018 build date and there were others online that were also heavily discounted due to being over a year old and the 2020s coming into stock.

Rau

Reaction score
You bought 46k truck for 33k, they advertise 45k for 22k. If that's true even with +3k to pay it is a great deal.

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
Looking at the ram trucks website, they do not have any discounts listed for the month of September yet. No sales in September or they just haven’t started yet?

Nowatruckguy

Reaction score
Depending on where you are tax can be pretty high so that might not be terrible....
Looking at the ram trucks website, they do not have any discounts listed for the month of September yet. No sales in September or they just haven’t started yet?
Looks like there are multiple offers, but none like we've seen in the past few months.

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
Depending on where you are tax can be pretty high so that might not be terrible....

Looks like there are multiple offers, but none like we've seen in the past few months.
All I see is the 3.75% finance rate which is high and that’s it. Are you seeing something else?

irontiger

Reaction score
You bought 46k truck for 33k, they advertise 45k for 22k. If that's true even with +3k to pay it is a great deal.
Took a close look and it appears a 36-month one payment lease price so you are paying $22k to rent this truck for three years. LOL, you gotta appreciate dealer's creativity in making this looks like a purchase price.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
Took a close look and it appears a 36-month one payment lease price so you are paying $22k to rent this truck for three years. LOL, you gotta appreciate dealer's creativity in making this looks like a purchase price.

Where do you see that? I took another look at the page and don't see where it says the price is 1 big ol' lease payment?

Thanks,

-John

Users who are viewing this thread