5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

irontiger

Reaction score
Where do you see that? I took another look at the page and don't see where it says the price is 1 big ol' lease payment?

Thanks,

-John
You can see it in the footnote at the bottom of the page. I also called them and was told it is a lease price.

turboj

Reaction score
You bought 46k truck for 33k, they advertise 45k for 22k. If that's true even with +3k to pay it is a great deal.
Actually, I bought the truck from a different Mac Haik Ram in Houston- the one on I10. This one is on I45. Apologies. But to your point, there are good deals out there and I suspect these dealer discounts are on the very oldest 2019 rams left that were the first to be built.

Rau

Reaction score
Actually, I bought the truck from a different Mac Haik Ram in Houston- the one on I10. This one is on I45. Apologies. But to your point, there are good deals out there and I suspect these dealer discounts are on the very oldest 2019 rams left that were the first to be built.
I suspect so too.

Rau

Reaction score
Took a close look and it appears a 36-month one payment lease price so you are paying $22k to rent this truck for three years. LOL, you gotta appreciate dealer's creativity in making this looks like a purchase price.
You are right. It is a rip off. Internet price on this truck is ~35K, sales guys says I have to pay 30K to rent for 3 years and then I can either pay remaining balance (which was~31K according to his calculations) or I can walk away.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
You can see it in the footnote at the bottom of the page. I also called them and was told it is a lease price.

Good eye!

I had skimmed that info, but didn't notice the 1-lease-payment disclaimer. Wow, that's shady.

-John

PedalMonk

Reaction score
I know, unfortunately I can't get Limited without chrome. This Laramie is fully black, no chrome, just the way I like it. But the price seems high. They have few on the lot but not willing to deal any lower, guess will have to wait.

That actually seems like an OK deal to me. that's about 22% off, which is almost as good as you can expect. I think high end is 25% and low end would be 20%.

The math looks like this:

68K - 22% = 53K

Then you need to add 11% or 12%(could be slightly different for your state, but this should be close) for tax/license/docs/reg fees.

53K + 12% = 59.5K

Bottom line, deal looks to be around 21-22% off. You could probably negotiate up to 25% off if you are willing.Best thing to do is link us to the window sticker on the dealer site and I can give you exact numbers.

Grilleguy

Reaction score
If a dealer still has a truck with a 4-18 build date on a new 2019 Laramie, am I crazy to think that there would be unlisted dealer incentives to move that "old" of a truck?

And other than firmware updates on the 12" screen, should I be looking for anything else that should be updated?

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
If a dealer still has a truck with a 4-18 build date on a new 2019 Laramie, am I crazy to think that there would be unlisted dealer incentives to move that "old" of a truck?

And other than firmware updates on the 12" screen, should I be looking for anything else that should be updated?

How do you know the build date?

rsb1982

Reaction score
From historical promos, does anyone have an idea of the deals that ram typically puts out in September?

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They’ve had deals listed all day, I don’t understand what’s happening in here. It’s 0% financing this month. This was up before 9am EST when I looked.

Edit: If you’re talking the 2020s, who knows. Nows not a good time to buy one, if you’re looking for a deal.

Attachments

• 2B001E65-10CF-4F61-953E-59ED9C394BA4.jpeg
    2B001E65-10CF-4F61-953E-59ED9C394BA4.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 64

smonska

Reaction score
I had a dealer quote me the lowest price to buy a truck as signing up for a lease ($3k in extra rebates), and ending the lease early after 3 months with the payoff. Showed me the math of the payoff, plus 3 payments and signing cost, was in fact $1700 less than financing it, and $3k less than writing a check for it (no Chrysler Capital rebates at all). Read over that lease like crazy for the "early termination fees" and such that would spoil the deal, but didn't find any.

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
They’ve had deals listed all day, I don’t understand what’s happening in here. It’s 0% financing this month. This was up before 9am EST when I looked.

Edit: If you’re talking the 2020s, who knows. Nows not a good time to buy one, if you’re looking for a deal.

The only deal I see for September is “0% APR for 60 months on select all-new 2019 Ram 1500 Lone Star Crew Cab models”

I am looking for a 2019 Limited myself and others are looking at other models also other than just the Lone Star Crew Cab models. But for some looking at this model in particular, this is great for them. So I assume they aren't going to have any other incentives/rebates for September or at least not yet.

Attachments

• 8C39773B-FA42-4C52-B4EC-BDB0A7644631.png
    8C39773B-FA42-4C52-B4EC-BDB0A7644631.png
    316.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They RARELY do incentives on any other trim. Sometimes they bump up the Laramie cash by a 1k or so but that’s where it typically ends.

rsb1982

Reaction score
They RARELY do incentives on any other trim. Sometimes they bump up the Laramie cash by a 1k or so but that’s where it typically ends.

Bummer. I’m in the market for a 19 rebel 12a fully loaded now, but waiting for new and good rebates first.

JargeBry

Reaction score
Bummer. I’m in the market for a 19 rebel 12a fully loaded now, but waiting for new and good rebates first.
That’s exactly how I felt yesterday morning at the start of the day.

Go talk to dealers - while the consumer message looks super weak, I came to find incentives increased from what was on the table over the weekend. I plan to post the detail of the deal later today, after I pickup my Rebel 12!

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks, I was wondering if it was available elsewhere.. once you're already on the lot looking at door stickers..

I believe it is on the Window Sticker in the area I highlighted. However I believe it is most accurate on the door sticker.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 38

Users who are viewing this thread