5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Reaction score
Of course, I have enjoyed this forum a lot and once I'm ready to purchase, the info specifically in this thread will be of particular value. You can't catch Moby **** if you don't know where hes swimming at and in terms of deals this thread is a great map. When I'm wrong though, which is often, I hope to learn from it as well!

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From what I am seeing on Limiteds, 11-12k below MSRP is about the limit for dealers, correct?

You can’t really look at it that way, 13-15% dealer discount is what you want, best zone. 11-12% is better, 10-11% average. Then minus rebates you qualify for. And avoid any high dealer fees and add ons. At this time of year, as some stated, it’s easier to get in that “best” zone.

Nowatruckguy

Reaction score
You can’t really look at it that way, 13-15% dealer discount is what you want, best zone. 11-12% is better, 10-11% average. Then minus rebates you qualify for. And avoid any high dealer fees and add ons. At this time of year, as some stated, it’s easier to get in that “best” zone.
That was exactly how I looked at it, I was getting a lot of dealers holding close to 9-10% discount so I knew that was pretty average. I worked with a dealer pretty hard expecting to get close to 11-12% and ended up right around 14% dealer discount.
This forum gave me confidence that when they say they can't move any more than 10-11% they really can, it's just a matter of how much time you're willing to put into it.

Solosnavy

Reaction score
Sticker on my truck(Larame 1500 4x4) is 55k it was advertised at 38K i took it off the lot for 37K... i know i didnt have mine "Built" but it has everything i needed and for the price why look at something that i have to order.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sticker on my truck(Larame 1500 4x4) is 55k it was advertised at 38K i took it off the lot for 37K... i know i didnt have mine "Built" but it has everything i needed and for the price why look at something that i have to order.

More details on this? That’s a huge discount.

Solosnavy

Reaction score
More details on this? That’s a huge discount.
Im located in orange county, CA and got it at HB ram i bought my last 2 truck from there they have great deals all the time. i thought i saved a screen shot of the listing of my truck but here is one i just pulled off the website they sell so many if it sits for a couple of months they try and get them out quick....

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That was exactly how I looked at it, I was getting a lot of dealers holding close to 9-10% discount so I knew that was pretty average. I worked with a dealer pretty hard expecting to get close to 11-12% and ended up right around 14% dealer discount.
This forum gave me confidence that when they say they can't move any more than 10-11% they really can, it's just a matter of how much time you're willing to put into it.

Yep. And the reason I say that is because there’s just a huge price difference. Someone might be buying a 58k dollar limited with no options 2wd. Someone else is buying all options 4wd. The dealer discount is vastly different here, but the rebates are the same. So 12k off a 58k dollar limited might be a great deal, and might not be so hot on 70k dollar limited.

Plus you got rebates that some people can’t get bringing these prices down to unreachable levels for certain people. It’s good for reference to see the total amount off, but you need to understand how it’s happening.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Im located in orange county, CA and got it at HB ram i bought my last 2 truck from there they have great deals all the time. i thought i saved a screen shot of the listing of my truck but here is one i just pulled off the website they sell so many if it sits for a couple of months they try and get them out quick....
View attachment 34781

That’s crazy! Usually they do this when they toss in a bunch of “free” add ons. So they didn’t get you for anything else? This is the best deal I’ve seen for sure. It’s hard to get 13-15% but 17% is unheard at least to me. Well done sir!

Their website makes it seem like they like applied the rebates into the dealer discount already, and then showed them again in the rebate section.

Last edited:

Solosnavy

Reaction score
That’s crazy! Usually they do this when they toss in a bunch of “free” add ons. So they didn’t get you for anything else? This is the best deal I’ve seen for sure. It’s hard to get 13-15% but 17% is unheard at least to me. Well done sir!
o they tried to get me with a sealent package, extended warranty, etc... so your right but i wasnt having it, ended up not having to pay for it.... i wanted the truck i didnt need it, i already had one a 13 but it was paid off. i was ready to walk.

CornTrucks

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recent info/experience with researching/purchasing a Tradesman model? I've got my eye on a 4x4 hemi tradesman and was kind of hoping to buy this weekend, but the discounts online are very weak, $1000 customer cash and $500 retail bonus cash, which in many cases makes the Lonestar/Bighorns cheaper with their 15% plus some extra bonus cash. I would hope that there's actually some kind of unadvertised discount or incentive, but maybe not.
I usually find this to be the case. I would be perfectly happy with a Tradesman trim, but the Big Horn is always cheaper where I live. My impression is that Tradesman trucks are solely for fleets that have a different discount/pricing system. So just buy a Big Horn and enjoy your free extra features!

retho78

Reaction score
June rebates/discount were great and that's when I got my Laramie Sport (Billet Silver), Off Road Package with Level 1 option for $39,500 OTD plus tax, MSRP was 55k.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread