5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Jro

Reaction score
I've been reading this forum and window shopping for a while now. I'm looking for opinions on a longhorn I'm looking at. I have an offer of $8800 dealer discount off of a $66,500 longhorn. I know there is a $1k rebate out there right now. Doesn't seem like I qualify for many other incentives. Thoughts on this offer? Is there room for more?

mkel2010

Reaction score
I've now purchased three vehicles from three different dealers through the Costco auto buying program. I started the process to buy my Ram last week by going to the Costco web site and entering what I was looking for. Within 15 minutes I got a call from the local dealership that works with Costco. I was able to find out in the phone call that the Costco price was $1250 under invoice. I already knew what I wanted and that it was unlikely the dealership would be able to find the truck I wanted through a dealer trade (which the salesman was also able to confirm during our conversation.) I went to the dealer the next day and sat with the salesman while he entered the order. They gave me a copy of the invoice, which also has the Friends and Family Price as well as the Employee price for the vehicle I ordered along with the invoice price, all before any incentives (which will be deducted at the time the truck is delivered - whatever those happen to be.) In my case, the final cost ends up being about $700 below the Friends and Family Price and about $1500 above the Employee price. There was no negotiation, no pressure, or anything like it. All of my experiences with the Costco program have been similar. Now all I need is patience to wait for the truck to be built and delivered.

AnthonyJS02

Reaction score
Anyone with some recent lease numbers on a Laramie Black Sport with Safety, Level 2 and 12" screen available to chime in?

Razilla76

Reaction score
Looking at ordering a 2019 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Sport with:

3.92 axle, 5.7L, 33 gallon fuel tank, level 2, advance safety group, off road package, bed utility group, and trailer break control

MSRP $60,690 (including destination fee)
Invoice $55,835

Dealer discount $6000
Incentives $3500

Sale price $51,190 (plus tax, title, etc)

Dealer holdback is $1,770

I’m gonna assume this isn’t a bad offer, but isn’t the best they can do...? Any help would be appreciated. Buying my first truck.

028cdc963ab6b6b68ba954db89f800d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I've now purchased three vehicles from three different dealers through the Costco auto buying program. I started the process to buy my Ram last week by going to the Costco web site and entering what I was looking for. Within 15 minutes I got a call from the local dealership that works with Costco. I was able to find out in the phone call that the Costco price was $1250 under invoice. I already knew what I wanted and that it was unlikely the dealership would be able to find the truck I wanted through a dealer trade (which the salesman was also able to confirm during our conversation.) I went to the dealer the next day and sat with the salesman while he entered the order. They gave me a copy of the invoice, which also has the Friends and Family Price as well as the Employee price for the vehicle I ordered along with the invoice price, all before any incentives (which will be deducted at the time the truck is delivered - whatever those happen to be.) In my case, the final cost ends up being about $700 below the Friends and Family Price and about $1500 above the Employee price. There was no negotiation, no pressure, or anything like it. All of my experiences with the Costco program have been similar. Now all I need is patience to wait for the truck to be built and delivered.

I work for a Dealership and we use Costco, I would’ve used this if I didn’t have the connections to get me a “dirty lease” with the guys I know for RAM.

Costco is the ONLY way to buy a NEW car, period.

mkel2010

Reaction score
Looking at ordering a 2019 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Sport with:

3.92 axle, 5.7L, 33 gallon fuel tank, level 2, advance safety group, off road package, bed utility group, and trailer break control

MSRP $60,690 (including destination fee)
Invoice $55,835

Dealer discount $6000
Incentives $3500

Sale price $51,190 (plus tax, title, etc)

Dealer holdback is $1,770

I’m gonna assume this isn’t a bad offer, but isn’t the best they can do...? Any help would be appreciated. Buying my first truck.

It's my understanding that with orders, the only incentives that may apply are those that are in effect the day you take delivery. The current incentives expire on 4/1/2019 so I'm not sure you'll be able to count on those when the truck finally gets to you. I would be surprised if the dealer would stick by that $3500 part of the deal if those incentives are gone when the truck arrives otherwise they are likely taking a several thousand dollar loss on the deal. I was also told by my dealer that there could be a price increase if circumstances warrant between the time of order and vehicle delivery.

gpbst3

Reaction score
Anyone with some recent lease numbers on a Laramie Black Sport with Safety, Level 2 and 12" screen available to chime in?

I was looking at one with rambox, air ride and safety, 8in screen I had the dealer at 51800 with all reabtes plus tax title. Sticker was 62ish.

Reaction score
I've been reading this forum and window shopping for a while now. I'm looking for opinions on a longhorn I'm looking at. I have an offer of $8800 dealer discount off of a $66,500 longhorn. I know there is a $1k rebate out there right now. Doesn't seem like I qualify for many other incentives. Thoughts on this offer? Is there room for more?
I just bought my Laramie longhorn last month. 63k msrp, Picked it up for 51,000
New to the Forum. 1st Ram truck.

Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab with 5'7" Box
5.7-L V8 HEMI eTorque
Diamond Black Crystal Pearl with 22" Polished Painted Wheels
Anti-Spin Differential & 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
Air Suspension
33-gallon Tank
Level 2, Black Appearance, Advanced Safety & Bed Utility Groups
Power Running Boards
RamBox
Uconnect 12"
Trailer Brake Control

MSRP $ 68,145 + TTL
Dealer Discount - 8,522
Rebates - 4,250
$ 55,373 + TTL
18.74% Decrease

MSRP + TTL $ 71,241
Total Incentives - 12,722
$ 58,969
17.23 % Decrease

Ordered 3-11-2019
VON 3-12-2019
VIN 3-13-2019
D 3-15-2019
[/QUOTE
WOW that's awesome. That might be the most loaded black appearance Laramie I've ever seen

Sbrooks

Reaction score
2019 Ram Limited

MSRP - $68,845
Dealer Negotiated Price - $59,864 + TTL
Incentives - $2750
Total Paid - $57,114 + TTL (17% under msrp with incentive applied)

And I did not qualify for any personal incentives such as club member, employer rebate, military, etc, etc. For some folks, those could possibly allow for a greater savings.

Vehicle Specs
4x4 with 5'7" bed
Granite Crystal
E-Torque Hemi
3.92 Gearing
E-Locker
33gal Fuel Tank
Level 1 Group
Body Color Bumper Group
Bed Utility Group
Deployable Bed Step
Trailer Brake Control
22" Wheels / Tires
I have been looking for a while now pulled the trip yesterday. Just about same exact build has sunroof non etorque. In the ballpark of this deal.
I quailifyed for $2250 ($1000 customer cash $1000 Ford owner and $250 ram coupon)rebates
Wife had a Corp affiliation discount
If in the Houston area I shopped all the dealers and Larry Martin or Jim Edmund at River Oaks are the people to see y’all

Carroljb

Reaction score
2019 Ram Rebel Crew Cab
Air Suspension
Rambox
12 inch screen
MSRP $61540
Paid $51290 (USAA and $1000FCA)

Also gave me $2000 higher on my trade than any other dealer. Kudos to anyone who has gotten more off, I tried my hardest for months.

dzal

Reaction score
Finally bit the bullet, picked up a 2019 Ram Classic Lone Star edition 43,300 msrp walked out the door at 29,700 with 1k trade in on my old car.

Redhawk01

Reaction score
I paid 48,900, not including taxes, etc. All dealer discounts and incentives.

Redhawk01

Reaction score
Good job, did you do the deal today or at the end of March?
I was actually looking at getting a 15' Laramie on the 22nd. Long story short, i drove this one, and was hooked. Closed last Wednesday. Didn't want to miss april 1st deadline.

acat

Reaction score
Longhorn Crew Cab 4x4 pretty much loaded. $71,170. Truck is built so I should get April rebates including $1000 coming from GMC. Before any rebates or taxes I'm at $60,537. Thoughts?

What is the April rebates since their website haven’t updated yet

Users who are viewing this thread