5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
2019 Ram Limited

MSRP - $68,845
Dealer Negotiated Price - $59,864 + TTL
Incentives - $2750
Total Paid - $57,114 + TTL (17% under msrp with incentive applied)

Vehicle Specs
4x4 with 5'7" bed
Granite Crystal
E-Torque Hemi
3.92 Gearing
E-Locker
33gal Fuel Tank
Level 1 Group
Body Color Bumper Group
Bed Utility Group
Deployable Bed Step
Trailer Brake Control
22" Wheels / Tires
Good job, I think that is about the best anyone can hope for (unless they qualify for other incentives).

cobrar97

Reaction score
Good job, I think that is about the best anyone can hope for (unless they qualify for other incentives).

I thought it was pretty good...and I'll edit my post, because I forgot to mention that I didn't qualify for an employer rebates or any of the other special rebates that would be considered special-needs incentives.

Pitcom

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully renegotiated the price of the vehicle after they put their thousand-dollar deposit down for the order? Reason why I'm asking is because I've had a couple of dealerships (ones i walked away from) contact me since I've been waiting for the vehicle to be built and were disappointed that I didn't give them the opportunity to beat the price that I got. And one dealer in particular offered a better deal.

cobrar97

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully renegotiated the price of the vehicle after they put their thousand-dollar deposit down for the order? Reason why I'm asking is because I've had a couple of dealerships (ones i walked away from) contact me since I've been waiting for the vehicle to be built and were disappointed that I didn't give them the opportunity to beat the price that I got. And one dealer in particular offered a better deal.

That's one reason why I'll never put a deposit down. Not because I intend to look for a better deal along the way, but just so I feel more confident that the dealer I'm ordering from is giving me their best price. Because I do think that getting them to change their price after the deposit is made would be rare. For dealers than want deposits, I simply argue that whatever I order...you could simply sell on your lot, and you know it. You have an allocation for buying Limited trucks for your dealer stock for example, and ordering one for me is a method of getting another one on your lot if I were to walk away from the deal. So it's a win/win for the dealer weather you take it or not. I'm trusting they are doing everything they've promised me, and they are trusting I'll take delivery of the truck I ordered...so there's not need for a deposit unless someone doesn't trust someone; and that's not how I want things to go down. I've yet to have a dealer not accept those terms.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Honest advice here;
Run back to your dealer and add the hemi. It will cost you a ton when you trade or sell, people want power for towing.

With respect, Bear
Also , you can't really have THAT great a truck and not be proud of its engine... I'm not saying the V6 is an embarrassment, but do you REALLY want to answer THAT question starting, "No, its a V6 but i don't....."?! when your getting compliments on ur beautiful NEW truck?! RIGHT now it may not be an issue, but after answering that q a thousand times it will be! CALL HIM! ...and do NOT let him tell u its "too late" cuz it isn't! EVEN if he has to cancel that and reORDER! If u don't, you'll wish you had : ) Take it from the Queen Of Regrets!

Also if you do decide to tow, or put bigger tires or just about anything, you WILL feel her struggle!

Last edited:

pinkerton

Reaction score
I'm looking to build a Laramie Sport to an MSRP of 62,770 with an invoice of 57, 727. Local dealer offered invoice plus applicable rebates at delivery. I have 3 local dealers not sure how far out I want to look. I'm in Kansas if anyone has any suggestions.
Cody at Laurel Chrysler in Sullivan mo had the best deal I found anywhere. On his lot or special order.

SouthFL

Reaction score
Well I'm still wasting my time with dealers here in South FL. I have talked to 5-6 people at University Dodge and I am convinced they are all full of shiat. They added a bunch of add-ons, like VIN etching for $699 (a kit costs $25) and "appearance package" for $399 ($12 wax coating) to the deal. If I include all of the dealer add-ons we are only at 14% off MSRP and 6% below invoice for a loaded 2019 Laramie. It is basically a shell game at this point. They offered me $2K more for my trade in than Carmax, but they are also including a bunch of add-ons to off set it. I am at point now where I need their numbers to match my numbers while talking to them on the phone because fees seem to magically appear when I visit the place and they refuse to put anything in an email or text. I have no desire to "go in to get a deal". It is such a pain in the *** buying a car here in South FL. Consider yourself quite lucky if you live in Virginia or Texas. My next option is to order the same truck from another dealer to get a better price.

gpbst3

Reaction score
I need help with a price check

19 Laramie
Dealer demo 5500 miles
Level 2
V8 no torque
Rambox
Pano
Advanced safety
12in screen
20" wheels

MSRP 62k

Dealer discount and rebate 50000 +tax title

What do you think

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score

19 Laramie
Dealer demo 5500 miles
Level 2
V8 no torque
Rambox
Pano
Advanced safety
12in screen
20" wheels

MSRP 62k

What do you think
that should be the price new. ask for couple thousand more off or throw in the extended warranty for that.

Cowboys33

Reaction score

19 Laramie
Dealer demo 5500 miles
Level 2
V8 no torque
Rambox
Pano
Advanced safety
12in screen
20" wheels

MSRP 62k

What do you think
If you are in Va you can get a limited fully loaded at that price with five thousand miles for $50,000

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score

19 Laramie
Dealer demo 5500 miles
Level 2
V8 no torque
Rambox
Pano
Advanced safety
12in screen
20" wheels

MSRP 62k

What do you think

My truck was a Demo but only had 3,400 miles on it, I got $12,092 off MSPR. You should be able to get another $1,000 off the price or a extended warranty.

Wheeler

Reaction score
Reminde your dealer it is used truck. Also ask them to throw in extended warranty

OldArmyDoc

Reaction score
New to the Forum. 1st Ram truck.

Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab with 5'7" Box
5.7-L V8 HEMI eTorque
Diamond Black Crystal Pearl with 22" Polished Painted Wheels
Anti-Spin Differential & 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
Air Suspension
33-gallon Tank
Level 2, Black Appearance, Advanced Safety & Bed Utility Groups
Power Running Boards
RamBox
Uconnect 12"
Trailer Brake Control

MSRP $ 68,145 + TTL
Dealer Discount - 8,522
Rebates - 4,250
$ 55,373 + TTL
18.74% Decrease

MSRP + TTL $ 71,241
Total Incentives - 12,722
$ 58,969
17.23 % Decrease

Ordered 3-11-2019
VON 3-12-2019
VIN 3-13-2019
D 3-15-2019

PTRAM

Reaction score
Well I'm still wasting my time with dealers here in South FL. I have talked to 5-6 people at University Dodge and I am convinced they are all full of shiat. They added a bunch of add-ons, like VIN etching for $699 (a kit costs $25) and "appearance package" for $399 ($12 wax coating) to the deal. If I include all of the dealer add-ons we are only at 14% off MSRP and 6% below invoice for a loaded 2019 Laramie. It is basically a shell game at this point. They offered me $2K more for my trade in than Carmax, but they are also including a bunch of add-ons to off set it. I am at point now where I need their numbers to match my numbers while talking to them on the phone because fees seem to magically appear when I visit the place and they refuse to put anything in an email or text. I have no desire to "go in to get a deal". It is such a pain in the *** buying a car here in South FL. Consider yourself quite lucky if you live in Virginia or Texas. My next option is to order the same truck from another dealer to get a better price.

Maybe give them one more chance this weekend-(3-30-31) and see if they are tired of playing games and need to sell a Ram for their March quota.

kp_ram2019

Reaction score
checking with fellow members if this is a good deal
2019 Laramie 4X2 5.7 Hemi (non Etorque) Black pearlcoat
Sport Appearance
Level 2 equipment
advanced safety group
Pano Sunroof
power running board
limited slip diff
bed step
wheelhouse liners
12in Uconnect

MSRP::57330
OTD:: 49953 (including TT&L) (6.25% tax rate in Texas)

Users who are viewing this thread