5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Rambro23

Reaction score
Laramie 4x4 several options (see window sticker attached)

MSRP: $66,500
Invoice: $61,120
Quoted price: $59,376
Rebates: $4,897
Service fees: $189.81
Total price of vehicle (less TTL): $54,668.81

I live in MN and am purchasing from Morton Illinois. Thoughts on this deal? We are leaving for spring break Saturday and would like to get it locked down and put on hold before we leave. I feel like I should be able to get all in at the price they are quoting me. Am I crazy?

18-20% off is the range you want to be in from what i can surmise.

V8Spock

Reaction score
After taxes.

Always use the total out-the-door price (OTD). The final price you will pay.

Cannonball

Reaction score
Schwing!! Just added another $1,000 to my incentives today, upping the total of rebates now to $4,750, all locked in on my Feb. Purchase.

My father is a veteran so that USAA $1,000 rebate can be applied to me! It can be applied to any family member including parents and children. I just needed to create a USAA account and link him to it by his social security number and boom! I then qualify for the rebate certificate and just show it to your dealer. He was more than happy to enter the certificate code and apply it adding the additional $1,000. Score!
Just an fyi, USAA killed a bunch of my other rebates. It is not compatible with quite a few of them. Have the dealer punch it in the system and see. They can only take what the system allows together.... Or dump the non applicable "rebate" into their dealer discount if they want . good luck!

Creep0321

Reaction score
Just an fyi, USAA killed a bunch of my other rebates. It is not compatible with quite a few of them. Have the dealer punch it in the system and see. They can only take what the system allows together.... Or dump the non applicable "rebate" into their dealer discount if they want . good luck!
Which ones did it kill? And was the value less than the 1000 USAA?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
18-20% off is the range you want to be in from what i can surmise.

To get 18-20%, you better be eligible for a TON of rebates as that's pretty steep IMPO. I got 14% off (MSRP was $68,145 and my cost after a single rebate was $58,600 which is an excellent deal in my part of the woods).

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My MSRP was 66,350. Dealer here in Michigan sold it to me for 53,000. That’s the price they came out of the gate with, and I took it.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score

USAA $1,000 looks like it's working with the others. Dealer confirmed and send me this updated incentives form to sign. (Disregard the bottom arrow, there's nothing listed there.)
USAA Incentive.png

Turin

Reaction score
18-20% after taxes or before?
After taxes. Always use the total out-the-door price (OTD). The final price you will pay.
While the OTD price is what ultimately matters to you as a buyer, a goal of 20% off after TTL isn't realistic. Not without some massive incentives, anyway. Also, your target price should be before any trade-in.

TTL is going to depend on where you live. Incentives are going to depend on which region you're in and what's available at the time of purchase. Rebates will depend on what you (as an individual) qualify for. The only thing you can negotiate/shop around for is the dealer discount. Your goal should be to get the biggest dealer discount you can.

So, what's a realistic goal for the dealer discount? Invoice is roughly 92% of MSRP. Holdback is another 3% on top of that. Affiliate programs like TreadLightly offer a guaranteed price of 1% below invoice without haggling. Therefore, a reasonable goal would be a dealer discount of 9 – 11% MSRP. Bigger discounts are possible but unless a dealership is desperate to hit their sales target or get a vehicle off the lot you'll only find them at volume dealers. Based on the quotes I've received you can expect a discount of 12 – 13% from a volume dealership.

Rambro23

Reaction score
18-20% after taxes or before?
Before taxes, title and licensing as those will vary by state/county. If your negotiated price is 18-20% below MSRP (with rebates added) it sounds like a good deal. I got 19% off mine and was happy!

Keemosabe

Reaction score
USAA $1,000 looks like it's working with the others. Dealer confirmed and send me this updated incentives form to sign. (Disregard the bottom arrow, there's nothing listed there.)
View attachment 18061

This is helpful. Thanks! My dealer had told me the 1250 was locked in when I ordered and others might increase later when I took delivery. As of yesterday he was at 3000 total on top of his 5858 discount. I’ll ask about more using the incentive codes you show on your list. I’d love to get to 4750 total incentives. On top of the 5858 discount. That would work out to %15.5 off MSRP. I’d be very happy with that.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is helpful. Thanks! My dealer had told me the 1250 was locked in when I ordered and others might increase later when I took delivery. As of yesterday he was at 3000 total on top of his 5858 discount. I’ll ask about more using the incentive codes you show on your list. I’d love to get to 4750 total incentives. On top of the 5858 discount. That would work out to %15.5 off MSRP. I’d be very happy with that.
Cool. Good Luck. It's a rebate from FCA, so it doesn't hurt their bottom line, so they should be able to apply it without hesitation if it works.

Keemosabe

Reaction score
Cool. Good Luck. It's a rebate from FCA, so it doesn't hurt their bottom line, so they should be able to apply it without hesitation if it works.

Just checked, I’m Mid Atlantic region vs North East. The NECKA downy apply to me. Different rebates fro FCA based on local sales taxes etc.

Btharp2624

Reaction score
Before taxes, title and licensing as those will vary by state/county. If your negotiated price is 18-20% below MSRP (with rebates added) it sounds like a good deal. I got 19% off mine and was happy!

Thank you for the help! Sounds like I’m right in the ballpark.

Cannonball

Reaction score
View attachment 18061
Ah most of those are incentives from Chrysler, not rebates from various 3rd parties. USAA knocked out my NAR, Truecar, current leasee, and bonus cash mailer in December. Conquest would have worked with it at the time though.

1000 northeast incentive on a limited is killer!

Cannonball

Reaction score
Which ones did it kill? And was the value less than the 1000 USAA?
I went with the grouping that gave me the most money back overall. I went in with a bunch of 500$ rebates that would have been more than the 1000 USAA but some of the rebates, after looking into the fine print, the dealer wasn't willing to give me (long story).

I took 0% for 36, 1500 incentive, and 1000 USAA so it worked out imo.

Heppcatt

Reaction score
Laramie 4x4 several options (see window sticker attached)

MSRP: $66,500
Invoice: $61,120
Quoted price: $59,376
Rebates: $4,897
Service fees: $189.81
Total price of vehicle (less TTL): $54,668.81

I live in MN and am purchasing from Morton Illinois. Thoughts on this deal? We are leaving for spring break Saturday and would like to get it locked down and put on hold before we leave. I feel like I should be able to get all in at the price they are quoting me. Am I crazy?

Did you look at any trucks from Jeff Belzer?

Trfnj74

Reaction score
Ram Limited Final Price
MSRP $67,640
After Dealer Discont $59,824
After Rebates $57,324 ($2500)
Price with Tax-Tag etc.. $61,630

Big Down Payment
Financed Through Ram 0% for 36 Months

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread