5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Turin

Reaction score
So my dealer shared with me my potential order and I was hoping to clarify some of the values relative to MSRP, Invoice, FFP, HB, and EP.

The MSRP is $67,590. If I read this correct the column next to it indicates the invoice price, so $61,796?
The FFP, which I understand is Friends and Family = $61,253
EP, or Employee Price is $58,906.
HB or Hold Back (what the dealer is making to sell to me at Invoice?) is $1,977

If they are offering me $59,896 then as I read this that is better than me trying for the Affiliate approach from someone like Tread Lightly as they get 1% below Invoice?

This would be an order so I am rolling the dice on Rebates when the truck comes in - hopefully another 2-3K.

Does this look reasonable? I see this as a DEALER DISCOUNT of $7,694 (price offered off of MSRP)
FWP = factory wholesale price, a.k.a. invoice. The price they quoted you is 2.8% below invoice — nearly all the holdback and well below what you'd get with Tread Lightly. It's a good price. You could probably do a little better (1% or so) if you can find a volume dealer in your area. The dealership should allow you to lock in rebates at the time of order and switch to the ones at time of delivery/sale if they're better.

alangsam

Reaction score
FWP = factory wholesale price, a.k.a. invoice. The price they quoted you is 2.8% below invoice — nearly all the holdback and well below what you'd get with Tread Lightly. It's a good price. You could probably do a little better (1% or so) if you can find a volume dealer in your area. The dealership should allow you to lock in rebates at the time of order and switch to the ones at time of delivery/sale if they're better.
Arrigo in west palm beach I think is the largest fca dealer in volume and they will drop their pants at 10k off without much in terms of negotiation. It’s all about moving units.

Mechaero19

Reaction score
So my dealer shared with me my potential order and I was hoping to clarify some of the values relative to MSRP, Invoice, FFP, HB, and EP.

The MSRP is $67,590. If I read this correct the column next to it indicates the invoice price, so $61,796?
The FFP, which I understand is Friends and Family = $61,253
EP, or Employee Price is $58,906.
HB or Hold Back (what the dealer is making to sell to me at Invoice?) is $1,977

If they are offering me $59,896 then as I read this that is better than me trying for the Affiliate approach from someone like Tread Lightly as they get 1% below Invoice?

This would be an order so I am rolling the dice on Rebates when the truck comes in - hopefully another 2-3K.

Does this look reasonable? I see this as a DEALER DISCOUNT of $7,694 (price offered off of MSRP)

Last question - I would love to order this truck with the eTorque motor but in the past it has then grayed out the ORG. I am going to try and have them submit this as a purchase as suggested elsewhere and hopefully I can get eTorque AND the ORG (and the rest of my wish list). Any input on that? I thought I read someone suggested eTorque, ORG and Pano roof would no longer be available together due to weight restriction or something?

Thanks for any help - hoping to order Monday or Tuesday now (just need to find a dealer with a Patriot Blue so I can see in person first before ordering).

They should still be able to apply rebates.

TheSasquatch

Reaction score
Although I have no personal or documented experience with them, there are (2) dealers in the Boise, ID area who claim to have the lowest discounts anywhere. When I was shopping for my Limited last month, they truly DID have with best deal (nearly $14K discount from sticker). Only caveat was that ALL of their trucks are guilty of having trailer mirrors so I opted to purchase from another dealer where I found the truck I wanted for $11,200 off sticker. (As a sidenote, if anyone has the true reason why so many dealers employ an ordering manager who seems to think that the trailer mirrors are what most people want, I'd love to hear it!)

PetersonRamJeep.com
DennisDillon.com

Just thought I'd offer a location that seems to have some of the best deals in case anyone is interested in the info.

Cheers.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Arrigo in west palm beach I think is the largest fca dealer in volume and they will drop their pants at 10k off without much in terms of negotiation. It’s all about moving units.
I went there recently but Miami Lakes Automall is crushing them. About to make a deal on a Laramie Sport 4x4 there for over $13k off.

13hdking

Reaction score
Traded in for a limited and had 6,500 miles on it. Paid 39k and got the extra years and miles being a certified pre owned.

Attachments

• 20190227_194634~2.jpg
    20190227_194634~2.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20190303-144935_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190303-144935_Chrome.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 72

Cannonball

Reaction score
Traded in for a limited and had 6,500 miles on it. Paid 39k and got the extra years and miles being a certified pre owned.
This is an interesting transaction... What was the trade in value they gave you on your Laramie? How far off msrp did they come on your new limited?

dracktw

Reaction score
Ram 1500 big horn black-edition 4x4 crewcab
55K sticker
1.5k rebates
11k dealer discount
2 years free oil change.

Gilroy, California

13hdking

Reaction score
This is an interesting transaction... What was the trade in value they gave you on your Laramie? How far off msrp did they come on your new limited?

I just read my post. I was unclear. The truck came in on trade from the previous owner for an upgraded model. I was told at the dealer that this was his 3rd new ram. They were asking 43k for the truck pre owned. I got them down to 39k.

KATRIYATSI

Reaction score
"Sometimes," just on "some-things," I tend to be, hmmm . . . "thick headed?, Un-smart?, flat-out befuddled?"
1f914.png
. . . Could you please explain the difference between this INVOICE & MSRP thing ? I know what the msrp thing IS and where I can find it in the online build process & on the window sticker etcetera, but WHERE is the invoice to be found and it's relation to the msrp -- Before the Negotiating process and AFTER, when the FINAL Buyers Price is Finalized . . . so sorry for the Possibly "Stupid" question, but like I said . . FileZillahttps://downloader.vip/malwarebytes/ https://downloader.vip/rufus/ . I just "don't get it?"
1f914.png
THANKS . . . . . . ps; and to think I got 5 years of college and 2 highly technical Navy Sonar 'C' schools under my belt .

I think the best way to make this thread is as follows:
MSRP of the specific truck
What Rebates and incentives were applied and $ amounts
Any further negotiations
Final price

Last edited:

Rambro23

Reaction score
MSRP of the specific truck:
- $60,845

Rebates and incentives:
- $7357 dealer discount
- $4250 rebates

Final price : $49,238

19% below MSRP... good or naw?

bedfordmc

Reaction score
Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4 with North Edition, Rambox, Level 2 & LED Packages

MSRP: $52,905
- $4738 dealer discount
- $6250 rebates
OTD: $41,917 + TTT

ram.jpg

Britbox1

Reaction score
My Limited MSRP $85,735 paying $76,992. Dual pane sunroof, Limited Level 1, painted bumpers, 22s, bed utility, 3.92 anti spin, 124 litre tank and trailer tow/hitch
What dealer was it from? Can you recommend a salesperson?

Britbox1

Reaction score
I have almost the exact same order. Just no ORG or body color bumpers. I think I read somewhere that you cannot get the ORG with either the Ramboxes or pano sunroof. But you'll have to double check.

MSPR $68,000
Invoice $62,000
OTD $56,250 +TTT
Final price with tax etc = $60,543. Dealer tried to sneak in a quick $299.90 but I caught it and he removed it after I said, YES, it is negotiable. I was able to get $3750 on rebates. See my posts earlier listing the rebates.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
What state are you in?

csmith2007

Reaction score
Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4, Level 2, LED, 33 GAL, Trailor br controller

MSRP 51, 055
Sale price 39,995

This was asking price after all rebates. Dealer would not come down on this price. Did increase my trade in price.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Schwing!! Just added another $1,000 to my incentives today, upping the total of rebates now to $4,750, all locked in on my Feb. Purchase.

My father is a veteran so that USAA $1,000 rebate can be applied to me! It can be applied to any family member including parents and children. I just needed to create a USAA account and link him to it by his social security number and boom! I then qualify for the rebate certificate and just show it to your dealer. He was more than happy to enter the certificate code and apply it adding the additional $1,000. Score!

Btharp2624

Reaction score
Laramie 4x4 several options (see window sticker attached)

MSRP: $66,500
Invoice: $61,120
Quoted price: $59,376
Rebates: $4,897
Service fees: $189.81
Total price of vehicle (less TTL): $54,668.81

I live in MN and am purchasing from Morton Illinois. Thoughts on this deal? We are leaving for spring break Saturday and would like to get it locked down and put on hold before we leave. I feel like I should be able to get all in at the price they are quoting me. Am I crazy?

Attachments

• 186B1869-8DC7-4640-A939-12BC670F5C64.jpeg
    186B1869-8DC7-4640-A939-12BC670F5C64.jpeg
    228.1 KB · Views: 55

Users who are viewing this thread