5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

I employ a strategic approach to vehicle negotiations, focusing on data-driven decision-making rather than MSRP or listed prices. My process involves researching comparable vehicles with similar options within a 100-mile radius. After test-driving the car and meeting with the sales team, I request a detailed price breakdown. However, I do not engage in negotiations on the spot. Instead, I take this information home and begin the negotiation process, leveraging my research to drive more favorable terms.

I usually get the price I plan to pay because I'm always willing to walk away.

The actual value of any product or service is ultimately determined by what someone is willing to pay for it. This is the only rational and objective measure in price determination, transcending subjective assessments or external pricing frameworks.

In essence, price is not set by intrinsic worth but by the alignment of perceived value between buyer and seller—highlighting the dynamic nature of market forces and human decision-making.

I employ a strategic approach to vehicle negotiations, focusing on data-driven decision-making rather than MSRP or listed prices. My process involves researching comparable vehicles with similar options within a 100-mile radius. After test-driving the car and meeting with the sales team, I request a detailed price breakdown. However, I do not engage in negotiations on the spot. Instead, I take this information home and begin the negotiation process, leveraging my research to drive more favorable terms.

I usually get the price I plan to pay because I'm always willing to walk away.
The strategy on this thread is to expand research well beyond the 100 mile radius, and provides actual datapoints (as much as we can trust each other anonymously) of price paid - not price advertised by dealer, nor MSRP assigned by mfr. It also provides a historical look as well, if you've got the patience, to go back through and see what were current model year or immediate past model year trucks actually selling for, and where, etc.

The MSRP is simply the common denominator, and assumes that participants have purchased exactly what they want, or are about to. We can use each others' success/failure to benchmark the search against MSRP, which is transferrable nationally.

However, every once in a while - Ram makes it confusing. On the 2024 HDs they were at one point showing a 10% rebate, so many customers were getting up to $20K off MSRP. Then they dropped the MSRP by $10K (I'm generalizing), and now are often being sold for $15K off the new MSRP. That would be a case more for your method where it is about, end of the day, what DOLLAR do I want to pay for something to tow my 5th wheel. Not to mention what it did to resale value on 2022-2024 trucks lightly used.

Luckily for 1500s, Ram hasn't botched it all up in that same way. So far.

Hi to all, I am new to the forum and shopping for a new 2025 Ram Rebel in the Chicagoland area. I found one and it is listed as $74,755 but with rebates it goes down to at $62,700
options are leather package, customer preferred package 21w, rebel 2 equipment package, dual panoramic roof, side steps, multifunction tailgate, and trailer brake controller. Salesman is trying to tell me that dodge is only offering 5k off and i have to qualify for the other rebates. is this true? What should i be paying for this truck? I do not want to get screwed. I am in no hurry and can wait

Hi to all, I am new to the forum and shopping for a new 2025 Ram Rebel in the Chicagoland area. I found one and it is listed as $74,755 but with rebates it goes down to at $62,700
options are leather package, customer preferred package 21w, rebel 2 equipment package, dual panoramic roof, side steps, multifunction tailgate, and trailer brake controller. Salesman is trying to tell me that dodge is only offering 5k off and i have to qualify for the other rebates. is this true? What should i be paying for this truck? I do not want to get screwed. I am in no hurry and can wait
I would tell them to worry about qualifying you for whatever rebates there are, the deal is going to be $60k out the door, take it or leave it, but let you know bc there are other dealers out there that you may need to go to.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

I would tell them to worry about qualifying you for whatever rebates there are, the deal is going to be $60k out the door, take it or leave it, but let you know bc there are other dealers out there that you may need to go to.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
60k otd would mean they are giving the truck up for 51-52k before tax, and registration, etc. I read through some of the posts i have not seen anybody get it that low. Not saying i would not love that.

As a fellow Chicagoan. Id reach out to Mark Dodge first. And use them as your starting and ending point. Even though I had to pay $900 to have it shipped. The process was by far the best.

As a fellow Chicagoan. Id reach out to Mark Dodge first. And use them as your starting and ending point. Even though I had to pay $900 to have it shipped. The process was by far the best.
Thanks, is there any specific salesman i should ask for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back