5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

GregHBNA

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They should at least explore buying the truck and having it shipped. I bought my truck 12 hours away and it was less than $600 to drop it off in my driveway.
I always like to test my vehicle and at least inspect it before I take delivery.

What do you do if you find damage or find something you don't like/wrong after they already delivered it?

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
I always like to test my vehicle and at least inspect it before I take delivery.

What do you do if you find damage or find something you don't like/wrong after they already delivered it?
The dealer will make it right. It's all in their paperwork. I talked about that with the dealer for my Ram. They said if there was anything I noticed when I received it to call them and would discuss if it needed to be shipped back or take care of it afterwards. I am not the most trusting person, but I had zero reservations after my discussions with the dealer.

I have had 2 new vehicles delivered sight unseen with no issues.

Don't know if I would buy a used that way, but maybe if it had a deal like the carvana 7 day return policy. Most states have a 3 day waiting policy for the purchase to go through, so you can always leverage that.

auggiedoggies

Reaction score
Ok, so my beloved 2019 Limited was totaled due to some idiot without a license pulling in front of me.

Where should I go looking for the best deal on a new Limited or Laramie? Any well known dealers across the country? Definitely willing to travel. Thanks!

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Ok, so my beloved 2019 Limited was totaled due to some idiot without a license pulling in front of me.

Where should I go looking for the best deal on a new Limited or Laramie? Any well known dealers across the country? Definitely willing to travel. Thanks!
Look up Mark Dodge on this thread and thank us later. You literally can quit researching and order your Truck tomorrow

bronco44

Reaction score
Thank you sir, exactly what I was looking for!
I'd also suggest checking out Koons in Virginia. I just ordered from there. They have a post on here running a special until February giving 6-7% off invoice which I think is slightly better than what Mark Dodge is currently giving.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You might also consider something a little closer - Granger Motors in Granger, Iowa. They’re a deep discount dealer that is very popular on the TRX forum. I don’t know their deals for regular Rams, but they’re doing as much as $11,000 off of MSRP for the TRX.
[email protected]

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd also suggest checking out Koons in Virginia. I just ordered from there. They have a post on here running a special until February giving 6-7% off invoice which I think is slightly better than what Mark Dodge is currently giving.

I remember Koons having a ridiculous Doc fee of something like $1,000 back when I was shopping

bronco44

Reaction score
I remember Koons having a ridiculous Doc fee of something like $1,000 back when I was shopping
Their Doc fee is a bit high ($899) but being in NY, that is almost half of the quoted delivery fee from MD.

@Nova90 not sure if that's an old requirement or maybe because of their current deal, but I'm not required to finance through them

GregHBNA

Reaction score
Their Doc fee is a bit high ($899) but being in NY, that is almost half of the quoted delivery fee from MD.

@Nova90 not sure if that's an old requirement or maybe because of their current deal, but I'm not required to finance through them
Doc Fees range from $469 to $899 here. Just depends on the dealer. you can count on a dealer with a newer facility to charge the top range. I don't know of ANY dealer that has a ZERO doc fee any more. Used to be several around here.

Even FCA's Supplier/Employee discount doesn't negate doc fees.

Ford caps doc fees @ $100 when using a discount plan like X-plan. Wish they all did the same.

Sorta sucks to seal a good deal, then being slapped in the face with another $900 just because "they can".

bronco44

Reaction score
Doc Fees range from $469 to $899 here. Just depends on the dealer. you can count on a dealer with a newer facility to charge the top range. I don't know of ANY dealer that has a ZERO doc fee any more. Used to be several around here.

Even FCA's Supplier/Employee discount doesn't negate doc fees.

Ford caps doc fees @ $100 when using a discount plan like X-plan. Wish they all did the same.

Sorta sucks to seal a good deal, then being slapped in the face with another $900 just because "they can".
So far the $899 doc fee is the only downside I've seen ordering from Koons, especially compared to NY which has a max of doc fee of $175. Hoping that's the only issue but guess I'll find out once the truck actually comes in.

Koons was able to give me 14.25% under MSRP. MD seems to be offering a flat $8k (was $7k when I ordered) off MSRP currently, giving ~9.5% on my build. A local dealer offered 11% but tried to severely undervalue my trade-in. So I'd gladly pay the $900 Doc fees to save an extra 3.25%+.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
I have been monitoring a local dealer with a Big Horn.
It doesn't have the one main feature I want, but everything else on my list is there.
MSRP $55,925
Discounted Price on Saturday : $47,110
Planned to hit the dealership but couldn't make it.

Checking if still available and as of today, the discounted Price is : $46,110

This is a 2022.

Very happy to see good size discounts being applied. Hoping to check it out this weekend.

bronco44

Reaction score
It doesn't have the one main feature I want, but everything else on my list is there.
MSRP $55,925

This is a 2022.

Very happy to see good size discounts being applied. Hoping to check it out this weekend.
Maybe you've done this but if you go to Rams site and build your dream 22MY Ram and at the bottom click "Search New Inventory", it will search in a 250 mile radius for your exact build (doesn't work with 23s last I checked). The dealer can probably do something similar and may be able to get your perfect build shipped to you. I was able to do this with a Hyundai 🤷‍♂️ I know dealers want to get 22s off their lots so they may be willing to work with you a bit more on that price too, especially around the end of month.

GregHBNA

Reaction score
MSRP $55,925

This is a 2022.

Dealers are gradually discounting the 22's to move. RAM also has a 1,000 bonus if you can get the pop-up to appear on the ramtrucks.com website.

GregHBNA

Reaction score
MSRP $55,925

This is a 2022.

Yep, I checked today on some I'd been looking at . . . . Price is $1,000 cheaper!!

I can't tell if there is an additional $1,000 rebate thrown in there somewhere, or whether the one of the $1,000 rebates increased to $2,000

Crazy, brand new big horn discounted to $14,000 (with the 1,000 ram bonus).

NO OTHER manufacturer doing that, period.

Users who are viewing this thread