5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Jeffjjones

Reaction score
They all say that. :sneaky:
Even after paying $10K over MSRP and you ask for a discount, they will still say they can't because they would lose money.

How can you tell if your car dealership is lying to you????
Their lips are moving. :D

Lol, true. My local guy is offering an additional 0.5% if I give him a working tread lightly code. Do I just sign up for a $50 membership?

The $1000 bonus pop up that I got when I was building RAM says 2022 models. You cannot order a 2022 anymore? Is RAM really that bad with their website?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, true. My local guy is offering an additional 0.5% if I give him a working tread lightly code. Do I just sign up for a $50 membership?

The $1000 bonus pop up that I got when I was building RAM says 2022 models. You cannot order a 2022 anymore? Is RAM really that bad with their website?
From the Tread Lightly website:

Please note that according to FCA US policy, you must be an individual $100 member for at least 30 days to qualify for the FCA US Affiliate Rewards new vehicle discount and you must provide a copy of your membership letter to your dealer to use the discount.

Now, this may or may not apply to whatever deal he's offering you. But that's the official set of rules for Tread Lightly.

Jeffjjones

Reaction score
From the Tread Lightly website:

Please note that according to FCA US policy, you must be an individual $100 member for at least 30 days to qualify for the FCA US Affiliate Rewards new vehicle discount and you must provide a copy of your membership letter to your dealer to use the discount.

Now, this may or may not apply to whatever deal he's offering you. But that's the official set of rules for Tread Lightly.

I read it as 30 days before ordering and not delivery. if so, I would not qualify because I do not want to wait 30 days to order. Can I get any other to get this "If you have an Affiliate and it is being honored by the manufacturer at time of delivery, we offer an additional $500 off the sale price at delivery with proof of affiliation and your affiliate rewards code."

Last edited:

@JC

Reaction score

Tread lightly is 1% so apparently he wants to split that with you, what a great guy... 🙄

Jeffjjones

Reaction score
Tread lightly is 1% so apparently he wants to split that with you, what a great guy... 🙄

yep, LOL. I ordered from a different dealer. A little over 68,500 plus tax and fees for limited with LL1, 33 gallon, pano roof, and body colored bumper. Fees are 799 total and tax would be 6%. Hopefully, there would be incentives on Limited trim when i receive it.

Last edited:
U

User_3336

Do you believe 17% off???
Maybe, if it was a dealer demo and a 2021.
I don't where you are shopping, or where you live, but 21.5% off has been available since first of 2023! Current offer as of 1/15/23. Military discount would yield another $500, but was deducted for illustration. Finance rebates are included (because you could take the rebates, then refinance later).

So, I believe your research needs refining.

Final price (excluding military discount) = 39865

ramdeal2.jpg

U

User_3336

Do you believe 17% off???
Maybe, if it was a dealer demo and a 2021.
I looked back at mine, I got 19% off because I had an extra $1,000 private offer! This was late in 2022.
Dealer didn't throw in finance rebates, so they aren't shown.

RAM is the only truck manufacturer that has been offering these discounts, period.

ramdeal.jpg

U

User_3336

Seeing a number of YouTube channel claiming to expect price drops or better discounts this year.
Are you buying it or are the YouTube channels are mostly click bait?
you're shopping the wrong place if you can't get at least 17% off MSRP! The Youtuber's predictions actually might be right.

U

User_3336

They all say that. :sneaky:
Even after paying $10K over MSRP and you ask for a discount, they will still say they can't because they would lose money.

How can you tell if your car dealership is lying to you????
Their lips are moving. :D

If ANYONE is paying MSRP for a RAM at this point, they're a plain fool, and must just love throwing money to a dealer. Dealers around here are having no problems giving $6000 off right off the bat.

Kevinn

Reaction score
If ANYONE is paying MSRP for a RAM at this point, they're a plain fool, and must just love throwing money to a dealer. Dealers around here are having no problems giving $6000 off right off the bat.
I think it's hard for some people, especially in the north east here. Dealers here still think they can get MSRP+ and sometimes people need/want a truck now (accidents, end of lease, etc)

U

User_3336

I think it's hard for some people, especially in the north east here. Dealers here still think they can get MSRP+ and sometimes people need/want a truck now (accidents, end of lease, etc)
No issues in the Southern states.

Jeffjjones

Reaction score
I don't where you are shopping, or where you live, but 21.5% off has been available since first of 2023! Current offer as of 1/15/23. Military discount would yield another $500, but was deducted for illustration. Finance rebates are included (because you could take the rebates, then refinance later).

So, I believe your research needs refining.

Final price (excluding military discount) = 39865

View attachment 148939
This is very trim dependent. Anecdotal evidence suggests that much bigger discounts on Bog Horn than Limited trim.

Goodone

Reaction score
This is very trim dependent. Anecdotal evidence suggests that much bigger discounts on Bog Horn than Limited trim.
When I purchased my Limited back in November there were no incentives but no MSRP +. I think Ram prices higher than most others and are also aiming the Limited as a luxury truck, which it kind of is.

Jeffjjones

Reaction score
When I purchased my Limited back in November there were no incentives but no MSRP +. I think Ram prices higher than most others and are also aiming the Limited as a luxury truck, which it kind of is.
It is strange that Ram does not offer incentives on limited trim. One would assume they have highest margins on this trim. I guess they think it would be harder to incentivize for this trim clientele. They are wrong.

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
They should at least explore buying the truck and having it shipped. I bought my truck 12 hours away and it was less than $600 to drop it off in my driveway.

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
I got my limited for $10K under MSRP. Not the best I have seen, but after waiting 8 months for a GMC Sierra Denali that never got built, I was getting impatient. During my search I found quite a few from $8K to $12K below MSRP.

Users who are viewing this thread