5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
Everyone, thank you for your replies. I will reach out to these KY folks. I had also reached out to Chad Rivas at Miracle CDJR in Nashville TN. Chad has been on these forums and had promised 6% below invoice. Anyone has experience working with him?

I did a RAM build, but I am not sure about a few options. For example, the elite package does not list any info. Here is the build I have:
Build & Price Your New Ram Vehicle | Ram

Here are my needs:
1. I plan on using it as a car. Will never tow anything.
2. Panoramic roof.
3. Great sound system.
4. Leather seats--this seems to have leather trimmed seats with a cloth/suede insert. Do not care much about heated seats but I would like a unique color--RAM offered a blue in 2022.

Can anyone please look at this to see if I am missing any must have features. I appreciate it.
I don't like the 1500 indigo and sea salt. The cloth inserts seen cheap to me. Just my opinion though.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Seeing a number of YouTube channel claiming to expect price drops or better discounts this year.
Are you buying it or are the YouTube channels are mostly click bait?

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
Seeing a number of YouTube channel claiming to expect price drops or better discounts this year.
Are you buying it or are the YouTube channels are mostly click bait?
Ram prices are already down. Since you have been able to buy them under invoice for the past year or so, I don't see them going any lower.

Ford is a mess, and I don't see their prices going anywhere. They can't seem to get production moving with any consistency. The upcoming changes to the F150 in 2024 will either get delayed or will cause even more problems.

GM just started running 1.9% on all half tons, so I expect their prices to drop. I see tons of GMs on lots. GM will be in trouble in 2024 when they start making the HD trucks with the new interiors. That will strain both lineups.

The big driver will be used prices. If they continue to tank, then all the people who were buying a new truck every year the past couple of years will not be in the market and that should send new vehicle prices lower.

Twil6

Reaction score
I know a lot of us bought recently. The future is hard to predict. I don't see MSRP dropping, maybe some better rebates. But time and waiting are worth something too. A lot of people bought from Mark Dodge and got pretty good deals to take the sting out some of the rebates and some of us got some decent interest rates, a lot better than what is being offered right now. If prices go down some, I still feel good as I have the truck and options I wanted and paid a little under invoice with a good interest rate. If they would not have locked in the interest rate, I might have passed at the very end when the truck came in even with the good price.

We all got spoiled now with lower interest rates as not too long ago 4-6% interest rate was actually not bad. I've heard people with 750+ credit scores being offered over 7% rates at some dealers right now.

Kevinn

Reaction score
We all got spoiled now with lower interest rates as not too long ago 4-6% interest rate was actually not bad. I've heard people with 750+ credit scores being offered over 7% rates at some dealers right now.
7%?! I sure hope not because I really don't want to walk away on my order after waiting many months.

Honestly I can't think anything less than prices dropping in the coming months. It doesn't look like a recession, but a depression we are entering. the market will have to correct for that

Last edited:

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1000001425.jpg
Look what they are asking for a leftover lightning....

$45,000 "market adjustment" - - - so instead of 12% off of list for a Ram TRX, it is 62% OVER list.... $117,284 for a truck with a MSRP of $72,284

Last edited:

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
View attachment 147781
Look what they are asking for a leftover lightning....

$45,000 "market adjustment" - - - so instead of 12% off of list for a Ram TRX, it is 62% OVER list.... $117,284 for a truck with a MSRP of $72,284
It's like a "Tickle Me Elmo" doll from the 80s. Fad right now and only worth something to the people with enough money not to care what it costs.

I still don't see the real world application. Let's say it was only $100K. You could buy a fully loaded Platinum Powerboost for $80K and pay for 5 years of fuel, maintenance and a 100,000 mile extended bumper to bumper for the same price. Just think if you compared apples to apples, looking at that sticker it's just a stripped down Lariat. You are paying $40K to $50K for an EV over the ICE. That's insane!

Jeffjjones

Reaction score
Is MSRP price the same as invoice price? When I did a build on the RAM website yesterday, my limited came at $76580. Is this MSRP? If this is different from invoice, how do i find the invoice price?

Also Mark Dodge came up with $77325 for the same build. They had higher price for LL1 package, the Tonneau cover, and the Pano roof. Sandi said "The RAM website does not stay in synch with the cost of manufacturing."

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is MSRP price the same as invoice price? When I did a build on the RAM website yesterday, my limited came at $76580. Is this MSRP? If this is different from invoice, how do i find the invoice price?

Also Mark Dodge came up with $77325 for the same build. They had higher price for LL1 package, the Tonneau cover, and the Pano roof. Sandi said "The RAM website does not stay in synch with the cost of manufacturing."
Mark Dodge is correct - the website is ALWAYS behind on the current pricing. You have to go to a dealer to get the actual pricing.

MSRP is not invoice price. You can only get the invoice price from a dealer. Mark Dodge will probably provide you a POC (Priced Order Confirmation) that shows both pricing structures - MSRP and invoice.

Jeffjjones

Reaction score
Mark Dodge is correct - the website is ALWAYS behind on the current pricing. You have to go to a dealer to get the actual pricing.

MSRP is not invoice price. You can only get the invoice price from a dealer. Mark Dodge will probably provide you a POC (Priced Order Confirmation) that shows both pricing structures - MSRP and invoice.

Here is the build from MD. I assume $77325 is MSRP; $71309 is invoice; and this quote from email and not on this build sheet "Mark Dodge Sale Price $67,660" is what I would get the truck for. Is that correct?

1672847058925.png

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the build from MD. I assume $77325 is MSRP; $71309 is invoice; and this quote from email and not on this build sheet "Mark Dodge Sale Price $67,660" is what I would get the truck for. Is that correct?

View attachment 147829
Correct. They're showing you MSRP and invoice. Below, you can also see the Hold Back amount ($2,249), the Friends & Family Price ($70,671), and the Employee Price ($67,944). They're selling it to you for less than any of those. Which means they're sharing some of the Hold Back with you. It's as good a deal as you could possibly ask for.

Jeffjjones

Reaction score
Correct. They're showing you MSRP and invoice. Below, you can also see the Hold Back amount ($2,249), the Friends & Family Price ($70,671), and the Employee Price ($67,944). They're selling it to you for less than any of those. Which means they're sharing some of the Hold Back with you. It's as good a deal as you could possibly ask for.

Thank you so much for clarifying this for me. Appreciate your help.

Jeffjjones

Reaction score
When do rebates on 2023 models start coming? All the current rebates are on 2022 models. Even the email code states it is for the 2022 model.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When do rebates on 2023 models start coming? All the current rebates are on 2022 models. Even the email code states it is for the 2022 model.
Why would they give 2023 rebates when they're still trying to dump last year's model?

The actual answer to your question is, I don't know. Probably a little while yet.

Jfransen

Reaction score
Can you also add incentives to this price at the actual time of purchase?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can you also add incentives to this price at the actual time of purchase?
I don't know the answer to that question. I imagine it depends on the dealer, what incentive it is, and the current phase of the moon.

Reaction score
Yes, you can add incentives on top of that at any dealer. Advertised incentives are from the manufacturer, not the dealer.

Correct ! Limiteds do not currently show any incentives on 2023 models for Jan. So if you place an order, you will just be able to add whatever incentives are available at delivery on top of our dealer discount already offered.

On another note, there are some incentives that came out for January on the models below:
2023 1500 Laramie - $1000 rebate

2023 1500 Bighorn - $1000 rebate & 1.9/36 months
2.9/48 months, 3.9/60 months, 4.9/72 months. You get both the rebate and incentivized rate. This is locked in at time of order. If the incentives and rebates are better the month it’s delivered, you get to choose which you prefer.

Aaron Ginsburgh
General Sales Manager
MARK CDJR
[email protected]
Cell 318-792-1220

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeffjjones

Reaction score
Yes, you can add incentives on top of that at any dealer. Advertised incentives are from the manufacturer, not the dealer.

Chad Rivas--he has posted on this forum--told me today that the dealer would keep all the incentive in order to provide 7% below invoice. So some dealers do that.

On another note, Mark Dodge is giving me 5.2% below invoice for 2023 Ram 1500 Limited. How is Koons doing significantly better https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...-7-under-invoice-plus-only-500-deposit.48248/

No complaints about Sandi's communication though. Very upfront and straight up. If they were within 3-4 hours of driving distance, I would not look at anyone else.

My local dealer is offering me 4% below invoice. I get to keep the rebates and incentives. He is adamant that any lower and he would lose money.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
My local dealer is offering me 4% below invoice. I get to keep the rebates and incentives. He is adamant that any lower and he would lose money.

They all say that. :sneaky:
Even after paying $10K over MSRP and you ask for a discount, they will still say they can't because they would lose money.

How can you tell if your car dealership is lying to you????
Their lips are moving. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/