5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
$70 Grand is insane for a truck!
I just bought a '19 Limited for 45k. MSRP was 69k in 2019 and likely sold for 65ish (and in 2018 I ordered / bought a '19 Laramie that msrp'd at 60k, for 45k).

I looked at going new again, but the Limited I paid 45k for....now has a MSRP of just over 80k... and they've removed some features from the truck (but added HUD)!

U

User_3336

I just bought a '19 Limited for 45k. MSRP was 69k in 2019 and likely sold for 65ish (and in 2018 I ordered / bought a '19 Laramie that msrp'd at 60k, for 45k).

I looked at going new again, but the Limited I paid 45k for....now has a MSRP of just over 80k
HUH? How are we coming up with that math?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
"I JUST bought a '19 Limited for 45k."

"MSRP was 69k in 2019"

Sounds like he just bought a used '19 Limited for $45k($69k new in '19).....a '23 with that same build would have a MSPR of around $80k
100% spot on...

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
HUH? How are we coming up with that math?
Do a build and price!

A similarly equipped (well not really, since Ram is decontenting the trucks) '23 is just over 80k...equipped like the used '19 I just bought....which is why I went used for the first time after 3 new in a row.

Back in 2018 my '19 Laramie stickered at 58k when I put the order in, 60k when it was delivered (about a month later but right after a price increase). I paid 45k. They were not doing 15k off Limiteds at that time....which is why I went with a well equipped Laramie.

Mike7311

Reaction score
If you keep lurking on the Ram site and fill out the request information page they will send you private cash offers of 1k-1750 dollars. I’ve received them every few months. I’m sticking with what I have, but keep checking to see what prices are doing. I do believe Ram really went over the top with their price increases.

U

User_3336

If you keep lurking on the Ram site and fill out the request information page they will send you private cash offers of 1k-1750 dollars. I’ve received them every few months. I’m sticking with what I have, but keep checking to see what prices are doing. I do believe Ram really went over the top with their price increases.
Current Private offer cash is $1,000. I got it twice on two different computers.

Plus there was an extra $1,000 rebate that popped up within the last couple of days.

AcidMaxx

Reaction score
I'm confused that email says 2022 Bighorn/Lonestar. Looks like you ordered a Laramie. Am I missing something?
The $4,500 doesn't apply to my 2023 Laramie order.
Currently $1,000 plus the private $1,750 cash allowance., but hopefully RAM will come up with something better for February.

U

User_3336

The $4,500 doesn't apply to my 2023 Laramie order.
Currently $1,000 plus the private $1,750 cash allowance., but hopefully RAM will come up with something better for February.
Definitely a regional thing. The private offers here are $1,000, BUT, Ram did pop in an extra $1000 rebate here in the last week. So, pretty close.

bronco44

Reaction score
I have my 23 Ram ordered through Koons and was planning to trade in my current car. Just wondering if anyone has previous experience trading in with them? I saw a post saying they will honor the Carmax (or other site) value. Is that true? Any stories of your experience would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I know this technically isn't MSRP negotiation but more overall price negotiation so if this should be in a different thread, please let me know.

Last edited:
U

User_3336

Seeing lots of 10%-15%+ off of Big Horns. Anyone finding the same for the Laramie model?
You aren't going to see the huge discounts on the Laramie/Limited models.

Right now, you might be able to pull a $13500 discount thru tomorrow I believe (if you had the extra $1000 RAM bonus discount). That's 6,000 off MSRP and $7500 in rebates if you finance thru CCAP.

Laramie and Limited are upper trims(luxury), so FCA capitalizes on that. Want it? You're gonna pay more.

firechef996

Reaction score
Just finished negotiating this new build.. Had to do the leg work and call around locally. Came in $100 under Koons in Virginia and I only have to drive 45 minutes to pick it up when it gets in. I just popped into this dealer last week on a whim and worked out super great. Highly recommend.

Attachments

• Hudson Ram 1500 Build.jpg
    Hudson Ram 1500 Build.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 139

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Just finished negotiating this new build.. Had to do the leg work and call around locally. Came in $100 under Koons in Virginia and I only have to drive 45 minutes to pick it up when it gets in. I just popped into this dealer last week on a whim and worked out super great. Highly recommend.

Nice, so dealers can opt to give discounts on "orders"?

Kings

Reaction score
Correct. They're showing you MSRP and invoice. Below, you can also see the Hold Back amount ($2,249), the Friends & Family Price ($70,671), and the Employee Price ($67,944). They're selling it to you for less than any of those. Which means they're sharing some of the Hold Back with you. It's as good a deal as you could possibl’
Correct. They're showing you MSRP and invoice. Below, you can also see the Hold Back amount ($2,249), the Friends & Family Price ($70,671), and the Employee Price ($67,944). They're selling it to you for less than any of those. Which means they're sharing some of the Hold Back with you. It's as good a deal as you could possibly ask for.
Is that $67944 out the door price or plus sales tax thanx ( I’m about to build my 23 1500 rebel read lots on this forum but was sure if the number discussed on this forum including sales tax or not again thanx everyone I do like markdodges price thiugh

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is that $67944 out the door price or plus sales tax thanx ( I’m about to build my 23 1500 rebel read lots on this forum but was sure if the number discussed on this forum including sales tax or not again thanx everyone I do like markdodges price thiugh
You have to add tax and doc fees.

Loves2Run

Reaction score
I really appreciate the input from the forum and sharing of information. I’ve been trying to work a deal but other than going way out of state, I think this may be the best deal i could get and wanted to get others input.

I’m building a ‘23 Ram Rebel and the MSRP comes to $77,800. With the affiliate rewards and negotiations, I’m getting the price down to $70,303 plus tax & doc fees. I also have a Ram Bonus cash for $1,000 so I know this ultimately drops the sale price to $69,303 plus tax & doc fees. Wondering what others thought about this pricing for ‘23 Ram Rebel in California. I’ve tried several dealers within 100-miles and this has been the best price I’ve gotten. Any input or thoughts would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread