5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Reaction score
Got any 2023 Level 2 TRX’s coming in? I’ll take $13k off of one of those!

I don’t have any stock units of those. But I am taking $12,000 off 2023 Trx orders if the MSRP is over $108,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RedFred

Reaction score
I just bought a 2022 Laramie Sport off of the lot two weeks ago. MSRP was $68215, I paid $60,050 out the door including dealer discounts and manufacturer incentives.

However, it was an usual circumstance. Someone ordered three identical trucks for their business and decided not to take delivery. The dealer was stuck with three trucks and the end of year was rapidly approaching.

I had a feeling they would be willing to negotiate, and I was right. They also gave me fair value on my trade (2019 BigHorn Sport with 73k miles).

All in all, pretty pleased with the deal I got. Especially considering that the local Ford dealers are charging ~$10k over MSRP at the moment.
What do you mean "out the door"? Were taxes included in that? Was your trade in factored in? It's best just to say MSRP and what was the price of the truck after discount. Too many variables exist to understand what "out the door" is.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What do you mean "out the door"? Were taxes included in that? Was your trade in factored in? It's best just to say MSRP and what was the price of the truck after discount. Too many variables exist to understand what "out the door" is.
Sorry for the confusion.

Sticker price was $68,215, I paid $60,050 for the truck plus tax.

I paid the sales tax because paying interest on tax doesn’t feel right to me. I had ~ $14k positive equity on my trade, and I put an additional $5k down. I financed the rest, ~ $41k.

Moonlightboater

Reaction score
We are very aggressive on in stock inventory as well! The $1000 off is an “automatically applied” discount the site shows while a vehicle is in transit. It will automatically update to the current months offer once the unit hits our lot. For example if a truck is showing $1k off while in transit but the same model truck in stock would be $13k off, it will also update to the $13k off once it arrives :) Please message me if you see one you are interested in.

Aaron Ginsburgh
General Sales Manager
MARK CDJR

Where is Mark Dodge located? I am in SE Louisiana.

NHRoadking

Reaction score
Been shopping for a while, but just bought a 2022 Ram 1500 Big Horn crew cab, with 5.7 hemi, sport package, level 2, etc.

Dealer took about $9000 off the sticker (sticker was $61,990). A month ago the same dealer would not move off the sticker price.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Been shopping for a while, but just bought a 2022 Ram 1500 Big Horn crew cab, with 5.7 hemi, sport package, level 2, etc.

Dealer took about $9000 off the sticker (sticker was $61,990). A month ago the same dealer would not move off the sticker price.

Wonder if the start of a trend or this specific dealer was trying to meet year end numbers.

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
Wonder if the start of a trend or this specific dealer was trying to meet year end numbers.
It's been standard at the right dealers for over a year. That's why Ram trade in is so much lower that other brands. CDJR hasn't been impacted near as much as others and the supply has been there. I think some dealers were just feeding on the industry shortages and keeping prices high.

I had no problem finding a Limited this past summer for $8000-$12000 off MSRP. I went with one that was $10000 off because the deeper discounted package was diesel with no sun roof.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's been standard at the right dealers for over a year. That's why Ram trade in is so much lower that other brands. CDJR hasn't been impacted near as much as others and the supply has been there. I think some dealers were just feeding on the industry shortages and keeping prices high.

I had no problem finding a Limited this past summer for $8000-$12000 off MSRP. I went with one that was $10000 off because the deeper discounted package was diesel with no sun roof.
Where were you seeing new Limiteds for 10k off?

RedFred

Reaction score

Nice deal. I just had a dealership call me that I visited in November. They still have the truck I was interested in on their lot and are wondering if I'm still interested. Sticker price is just under $67k. I told the guy on the phone I would buy it right now for $60k. Still NO DEAL, lmfao. In a couple of days it will be a left over, lol.

Last edited:

Kenny4

Reaction score
We are very aggressive on in stock inventory as well! The $1000 off is an “automatically applied” discount the site shows while a vehicle is in transit. It will automatically update to the current months offer once the unit hits our lot. For example if a truck is showing $1k off while in transit but the same model truck in stock would be $13k off, it will also update to the $13k off once it arrives :) Please message me if you see one you are interested in.

Aaron Ginsburgh
General Sales Manager
MARK CDJR

Now that is good business. Following online forums to see customer input about your business is just solid. I wish some of the online banks I deal with would do the same.

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
Where? I haven't seen Limiteds at 10k off...
haven't looked in 5 months, but Mark Dodge managers are commonly on this forum offering the same or more. I got mine from Laura CDJR. I found similar or better deals at

Laura CDJR St Louis
Dulles CDJR in DC
Franklin CDJR in KY

There were several others I can't remember.

Jeffjjones

Reaction score
haven't looked in 5 months, but Mark Dodge managers are commonly on this forum offering the same or more. I got mine from Laura CDJR. I found similar or better deals at

Laura CDJR St Louis
Dulles CDJR in DC
Franklin CDJR in KY

There were several others I can't remember.

I am in Louisville KY looking for a limited. When I search for Franklin CDJR in KY, two come up. One in Campbellsville and the other in Somerset. Which one are you referring to?

Any other dealership recommendations? I am okay ordering and waiting. Anyone that would come close to what Mark Dodge is offering would be great.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am in Louisville KY looking for a limited. When I search for Franklin CDJR in KY, two come up. One in Campbellsville and the other in Somerset. Which one are you referring to?

Any other dealership recommendations? I am okay ordering and waiting. Anyone that would come close to what Mark Dodge is offering would be great.
Dan Cummins (two locations near Lexington - Georgetown and Paris). They offer TRX orders at 4% below invoice. I assume there’s something similar for other 1500’s.
Miles Goff and Devin Arnold are the two guys who are active on the TRX forum.

jmrhodes212

Reaction score

1672679534262.png

jmrhodes212

Reaction score

Don Franklin does some amazing discounts and the prices listed online reflect a couple of incentives you may not qualify for, but they were pretty close to the advertised price when I called them. Laura Ram in St Louis will order at the same Mark Dodge discount I believe. Glenn CDJR in KY was doing it also.

Jeffjjones

Reaction score
Everyone, thank you for your replies. I will reach out to these KY folks. I had also reached out to Chad Rivas at Miracle CDJR in Nashville TN. Chad has been on these forums and had promised 6% below invoice. Anyone has experience working with him?

I did a RAM build, but I am not sure about a few options. For example, the elite package does not list any info. Here is the build I have:
Build & Price Your New Ram Vehicle | Ram

Here are my needs:
1. I plan on using it as a car. Will never tow anything.
2. Panoramic roof.
3. Great sound system.
4. Leather seats--this seems to have leather trimmed seats with a cloth/suede insert. Do not care much about heated seats but I would like a unique color--RAM offered a blue in 2022.

Can anyone please look at this to see if I am missing any must have features. I appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread