5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This was my reply that set you off:

"Saving money and dealing with a business that's earned it is always going to be my cup of tea, but you do you."

Who's bragging? I quite literally said it's just math. If you don't care about math, that's fine. Pay whatever you want. Seems I'm the only one of us who does care about helping folks save some money.

Edit:
You know, we're done here. Throwing you on ignore. Don't think I'll be missing much. Have a nice life, sport.
Are you done beating your chest yet?

So anyway....back to some actual information that people can use. Does anybody know if affiliate pricing will return for 2022? I'm just asking because it's close to the end of the year, those big deals we are used to aren't there.

It's crazy that I can get affiliate pricing for Chevy ( from my company) and I can do something about Ford, but not ram.

2021 Ram Rebel
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

myownstatus

Reaction score
Are you done beating your chest yet?

So anyway....back to some actual information that people can use. Does anybody know if affiliate pricing will return for 2022? I'm just asking because it's close to the end of the year, those big deals we are used to aren't there.

It's crazy that I can get affiliate pricing for Chevy ( from my company) and I can do something about Ford, but not ram.

2021 Ram Rebel
I heard that people are still buying the tread lightly program and shoving it Rams face, trying to show them that customers are still interested in the affiliated program.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Time is money? Save $1000? Some of y'all must have weird jobs and weird dealer relationships. I'm saving over 12K going to MD as opposed to any of my local dealerships. I don't know about y'all, but I don't make 12K/ work day which is how much time it'll take for me to drive back. If I did make 12K a day I'd still want the best deal possible and I'd either pay for shipping or pay someone to fly out and drive it back for me.

Call it what it is, most people only look at, "What's my payment bro?" and when you finance a vehicle for 8 years, the spread on 12K just isn't that much on what your monthly payment is. For the rest of us few that want to pay cash, it matters. If I didn't have PTO and I had to burn an unpaid day to go grab and drive, I'd still do it if the savings outweighed a day's worth of work. Yeah, time is money but very few people dealing with Mark Dodge are only saving $1,000, as if a grand is chump change. 🤭

myownstatus

Reaction score
Time is money? Save $1000? Some of y'all must have weird jobs and weird dealer relationships. I'm saving over 12K going to MD as opposed to any of my local dealerships. I don't know about y'all, but I don't make 12K/ work day which is how much time it'll take for me to drive back. If I did make 12K a day I'd still want the best deal possible and I'd either pay for shipping or pay someone to fly out and drive it back for me.

Call it what it is, most people only look at, "What's my payment bro?" and when you finance a vehicle for 8 years, the spread on 12K just isn't that much on what your monthly payment is. For the rest of us few that want to pay cash, it matters. If I didn't have PTO and I had to burn an unpaid day to go grab and drive, I'd still do it if the savings outweighed a day's worth of work. Yeah, time is money but very few people dealing with Mark Dodge are only saving $1,000, as if a grand is chump change. 🤭
Well said, as local dealers are trying to nickel and dime potential customers, somewhere else someone is getting the same deal for less, that’s why I decide to screw the local dealers and head somewhere else. C’mon it’s just business and money Talks and BS walks.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Yeah, that time is money comment was pretty funny. Dude probably spent more time tying his shoes before going to his local dealer than any of us spent getting a better deal at MD.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Call it what it is, most people only look at, "What's my payment bro?" and when you finance a vehicle for 8 years, the spread on 12K just isn't that much on what your monthly payment is. For the rest of us few that want to pay cash, it matters. If I didn't have PTO and I had to burn an unpaid day to go grab and drive, I'd still do it if the savings outweighed a day's worth of work. Yeah, time is money but very few people dealing with Mark Dodge are only saving $1,000, as if a grand is chump change.
I'm glad you saved that much money. I just don't need to be constantly reminded in a bad car/truck market that someone has a better deal.

There is ALWAYS going to be a better deal somewhere. This thread just seems to be going away from helping folks to get better deals, to "my deal is better than yours". And "if I can save $1k more than you, it it's a win".

This should never be about competition.

2021 Ram Rebel

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well said, as local dealers are trying to nickel and dime potential customers, somewhere else someone is getting the same deal for less, that’s why I decide to screw the local dealers and head somewhere else. C’mon it’s just business and money Talks and BS walks.
The closest I came to dealing local was a dealership that told me custom orders were all sold by Ram @ MRSP. After that, I threw out the Affiliate Pricing. They said they honored that at their dealership. Had I gone there I'd be screwed now since that pricing has gone away and they also do not price protect. The MSRP on my build is $72,980 and I'm price protected at $63,595. That MSRP is like $75,000 now, plus the ridiculous doc fees and other crap add another grand. Sure some of it could potentially be negotiated down, but only if you're dealing with a lot vehicle and it's the end of month.

x50

Reaction score
I have a question. I'm planning on paying cash for my truck but they now have $1000 rebate + $750 more if you finance. I'll have no problem qualifying for the 0%. Is there anything I need to watch out for if I decide to finance to get the extra $750 off and then just pay it off after the 1st payment?

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm glad you saved that much money. I just don't need to be constantly reminded in a bad car/truck market that someone has a better deal.

There is ALWAYS going to be a better deal somewhere. This thread just seems to be going away from helping folks to get better deals, to "my deal is better than yours". And "if I can save $1k more than you, it it's a win".

This should never be about competition.

2021 Ram Rebel
I don't think anyone is trying to rub anything in someone's face. This forum is the reason why I found out about Mark Dodge in the first place and how Ram operates when it comes to sales. If people didn't post what their experiences were like I would have ended up ordering a truck I really didn't want from a dealership I didn't want to deal with to meet the budget. Instead, I found a dealership treating their customers right that is $6,500-$7,000 under what I was willing to spend. Why on earth wouldn't I tell people about that? I tried to talk a friend into a Dodge just the other day instead of overpaying for a used 4 Runner. It was a no go, but ya try what ya try.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a question. I'm planning on paying cash for my truck but they now have $1000 rebate + $750 more if you finance. I'll have no problem qualifying for the 0%. Is there anything I need to watch out for if I decide to finance to get the extra $750 off and then just pay it off after the 1st payment?
I would just check the total cash price vs the total finance price side by side. Theoretically they'd be the same. But you might have some other types of fees if you finance?

Reactions: x50

x50

Reaction score
I would just check the total cash price vs the total finance price side by side. Theoretically they'd be the same. But you might have some other types of fees if you finance?
I'm hoping to get the call from the dealer to come pick it up today. My truck arrived at the train yard about 20 miles away on 12/17.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm hoping to get the call from the dealer to come pick it up today. My truck arrived at the train yard about 20 miles away on 12/17.
My estimated delivery window starts Wednesday, but dealer said it probably won't be in until later in the window, probably early January. Looks like our camper probably won't be in until mid-January so that might be perfect.

Still, I'm getting antsy for my truck lol.

x50

Reaction score
My estimated delivery window starts Wednesday, but dealer said it probably won't be in until later in the window, probably early January. Looks like our camper probably won't be in until mid-January so that might be perfect.

Sounds like you got a great deal on the truck and you are in the homestretch now. I was tempted to cancel my order when I found out about the other dealers mentioned on the forum and their discount. I contacted them and I could have saved about $2800. Only a 2 hour drive from me too. I got crazy money for my Tacoma from Carvana. $5K more than any dealer would give me. With that in mind and how lucky I was that my order moved so quickly, I really don't want to take a chance with a new order getting delayed.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Curious...pricing in your situation is locked into place, right? Would love to know what kind of discounts will be available in Jan that can be applied to you. With inventory very slowly getting better, I hope there are more discounts to be had to be stacked on.

2021 Ram Rebel

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like you got a great deal on the truck and you are in the homestretch now. I was tempted to cancel my order when I found out about the other dealers mentioned on the forum and their discount. I contacted them and I could have saved about $2800. Only a 2 hour drive from me too. I got crazy money for my Tacoma from Carvana. $5K more than any dealer would give me. With that in mind and how lucky I was that my order moved so quickly, I really don't want to take a chance with a new order getting delayed.
It was a pretty good deal, but I'm even more satisfied with the overall experience. I've never had a more pleasant experience buying a vehicle than I did with MD. My wife is thinking about a Grand Wagoneer. Even if they don't save me a penny, I'm still buying from MD over local if we go that route.

But I get it. If you're happy with your order and you'll have a truck soon, that's added value that might make up for any money saved.

Still haven't figured out what I'm going to do with my old truck. Carmax offered me right at KBB for it, but I'll check out Carvana.

RJS

Reaction score
If the $750 is from Chrysler Finance you should be able to pay it off in one payment but there will still be a charge or two of under $100. If they tell you to make a number of payments, then send a check for all but $50 and pay that off over the remaining payment schedule as the interest is charged on the unpaid balance.
That's what I did in late 2019 on my 19 Laramie.

If it's a third party loan, ask a lot of questions and get some assurance you can pay it off quickly.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Still haven't figured out what I'm going to do with my old truck. Carmax offered me right at KBB for it, but I'll check out Carvana.

Might as well check them all while you're at it. Doesn't take very long, and I would keep running them every week or two as they tend to increase. Vroom is somewhat sketchy but never hurts to get the number from them, but if you have them anywhere remotely close to you check carmax and autonation as well. I sold my truck to autonation last May before my 21 arrived for over $8,000 more than my trade in offer when I ordered the 21 in March. I kept checking it for about 2 months and the total amount they offered went up over $5,000. And we sold my wifes car to carmax a couple months ago for over $4,000 more than what we bought it for about 3 years ago. Had to drive the vehicles to both of those locations (3 hours away and 2 hours away) but had good experiences with both and left with check in hand.

For my truck, the increased value I ended up getting was more than enough to overcome the difference in sales tax ($5,000 vs $2,500 if I traded) so it was a no brainer. Of course, that's only if your state has sales tax trade in credit.

x50

Reaction score
For my truck, the increased value I ended up getting was more than enough to overcome the difference in sales tax ($5,000 vs $2,500 if I traded) so it was a no brainer. Of course, that's only if your state has sales tax trade in credit.
Since I'm in DE, there is no sales tax but the DMV calls it a document fee which it 4.25% of the purchase price minus trade value or sale of other vehicle. I'll be able to submit a form to get a refund once I title the new vehicle.

PXL_20211220_202618522.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online