5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Rau

Reaction score
Nope. Trade-in prices peaked a month or two ago, and they’re falling now.
right things are headed down again, one of the reasons we jumped on a new truck a few weeks ago when our Yukon Denali was at its peak and our price was locked in with the FCA control number
Thank you for response. Does this mean the prices will continue to drop? I read somewhere online that a few manufacturers are closing or putting on hold production due to semiconductor shortage. Won't it further affect the market?
I wish prices stay where they are today for a few months still I get my new truck which I even didn't order :)

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience trading in 2020 or 2021 RAM 1500 with Mark Dodge? I wonder what they offer since their discount on new trucks are highest. Does it make sense to sell the truck elsewhere and buy new from them or just trade in in one transaction?
It’s always best to shop your trade. Seek offers from Carvana, CarMax, etc. compare the offer that Mark CDJR is giving and be sure to factor in whatever tax benefits you might receive from your state for trading in your truck vs. selling outright, and any personal convenience advantage.

Hasti17

Reaction score
So not unexpectedly, Stenallis told me to p!$s off and won't honor the PenFed coupon. They even told me that my case from Wed. was never escalated as I was told it would be, and I was never going to get a call back (I was told I would get one within 48 hours).

Expectedly, the dealer said they would meet me half way. So they would apply 2 manufacturer coupons, each worth $250. They won't give me any more on my trade to make up the difference.

So here are my options:
1. Take the truck for $500 more than the price I was aiming for and thought I would be getting. It has a few features I don't need or even want (power running boards, air suspension). It also doesn't have UConnect 5 which IMO is a big deal.
2. Keep what I have. Tint the windows (I would tint either truck) and maybe get a spray liner. Reconsider my options in a year or two or three and probably order a Longhorn from Aaron. Maybe by then with the redesign blind spot will be standard on the Longhorn.
3. Wait a few more days and see if incentives are better in August or if the dealer gets additional coupons from the manufacturer to apply. Right now I could apply the PenFed, and the dealer's $500, but I would be going from 72 month financing to 48. Doable but not ideal.

Part of me doesn't want to get a new truck and go $5-$6k more into debt and still not have exactly what I want (it has too much stuff in some ways, no UConnect 5 when I ordered I thought it wouldn't be in the trucks until 2023 MY). All the things I don't like about my current truck would be remedied (eTorque, no navigation). But these things don't bother me as much as they did, especially the etorque. I use Android Auto for navigation even though I don't care for it much.

Used vehicle prices are already starting to go down. Carvana is down to $41,500 for my truck (was as high as $48,500). Vroom is down to $47,100. My locked in trade price is $47,500. I paid $43,500 new last September on a MSRP $55,135 Laramie. The still elevated trade value is the main thing having me consider still getting the truck.

I am leaning toward keeping what I have for now but not totally sure.

Thoughts?
Your trade-in will lose more than $500 in the next few weeks. So unless you're doing something else with it right now, then I wouldn't sweat the extra $500. And if you don't want the power running boards, maybe you can sell them here to recuperate some money.
Count me as first dibs on those running boards if the factory decides they arent installing them on my Laramie. 👍

Nova90

Reaction score
negotiated a deal with Aron @ Mark Dodge
MSRP $74435
Sale Price $65252 plus $219 doc/temp tag/notary and ttl.

wants $1000 deposit non refundable. Should i pull the trigger ? No one in tristate could come even close to this.

How is his reputation ?
Excellent reputation...you will be happy

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I told the dealer I am going to wait to see incentives for Aug (then I can use PenFed) or if they get and will use $1000 worth of certificates in August (then I can use locked in incentives). I have 14 days to take delivery from arriving at dealer on July 25.

firedfly

Reaction score
I thought these groups were removed from lower trims but were available still on limited and longhorns. anyone have more recent information?
It looks like they've now been removed as options on the higher trim levels as well. I'm sure we'll find out more in the next week as more people place orders.

rbundy84

Reaction score
I thought these groups were removed from lower trims but were available still on limited and longhorns. anyone have more recent information?
This has been gone from the Laramie build since March as I came very very close to pulling the trigger on an order with Mark Dodge

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It looks like they've now been removed as options on the za higher trim levels as well. I'm sure we'll find out more in the next week as more people place orders.
I think its just a package elimination. The difference between Limited 1 and ASG is Limited 1 = ASG + Vented Seats + HK sound. I think they know profits are tanking and they're trying to streamline options and production speed.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Considering the trade part of it in the equation, seems like an acceptable deal in today's market. Big Horn has less markup than higher trim for dealers, but usually have by far the best factory incentives. With incentives not really a thing right now, I would say to see if a Laramie or Limited even is close in price. You are always better with a less optioned higher trim than a better optioned lower trim for resale. The deal for the fairly poorly equipped Limited in my sig is invouce - holdback - incentives ($500 plus 0% for 72).
But if you really like that truck, it is a decent deal with trade considered.
Thanks guys for the info. I ended up picking it up yesterday for an out the door price of $54,025. I doubt the incentives will increase in August given the lack of new vehicles arriving from the factory (I verified after visiting a number of dealers in the area that they are getting one Ram 1500 and a couple Ram 2500's per week if they are lucky - Gillman, Finnegan, Autonation Houston, Autonation Katy, Autonation Spring, Helfman River Oaks and the Northwest CJDR). Some weeks they may get a couple of 1500s but they have all been Limited, Longorns, or lower trim levels with very few options. Either way, I own it and am satisfied with my purchase - plus after two hours in the finance office hammering them over their rate versus USAA, they gave me 1.9% for 72 months which I felt was a fair deal.

Last edited:

rbundy84

Reaction score
Yes, it was limited
Wow - the shortage must be getting much much worse. Thank you for sharing.

And as I look more into it, this could last until 2023 😬

Last edited:

Redfour5

Reaction score
Nope. Trade-in prices peaked a month or two ago, and they’re falling now.
Yep, that's what I was told. My old truck is still on their lot and they said they would offer about 3K less for it now.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, that's what I was told. My old truck is still on their lot and they said they would offer about 3K less for it now.
I agree however I think a lot also depends upon the geographic area, the truck being sold/traded as well as the deal. When you're rural you may not get as good of trade value as you might in a major city like Houston where we have fifteen Ram dealers within a 40 miles drive.

Yesterday, I got $42K trade value for my eTorque and $4250 in rebates/incentives (which included a $1000 FCA offer received via email, a $500 TrueCar offer and a heavy dealer discount so they could move that specific truck which as been on their lot for quite a while). The most I've been offered was $39K by CarMax and $39,460 by Carvana.

By the way, I signed up for "Your Auto Advocate" (https://app.yaamember.com/) to ensure I had additional information at my fingertips to ensure the best deal possible ($19 for a month) - I'm not promoting them as their data was off). It was amazing that they said there was less than a 25% chance the dealer would negotiate on the truck I purchased and that the best I could hope for to offer them $500 less than MSRP. They were way off on their research and proves the right truck, diligent negotiations and ensuring you have every possible rebate, offer, deal from FCA, TrueCar, Costco, Sams, PenFed and anyone else can help you save a little more.

Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It was amazing that they said there was less than a 25% chance the dealer would negotiate on the truck I purchased and that the best I could hope for to offer them $500 less than MSRP.
As an average, which is what they’re likely reporting, they’re probably right. It would appear that many (most?) dealers aren’t willing to talk anything less than MSRP right now. And you’ve seen the crazy stuff about market adjustments up from there. So you throw in the volume/discount dealers like Mark Dodge, and the average likely falls somewhere around MSRP.
Data like this is really just to gauge market trends, not specific purchases.

Hasti17

Reaction score
Wow - the shortage must be getting much much worse. Thank you for sharing.

And as I look more into it, this could last until 2023 😬
This might me the first time in history manufatures are putting LESS features standard on vehicles compared to prior Model years

Users who are viewing this thread