5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

SBrentnall

Reaction score
My understanding is that it can be added at delivery. The issue some people have is that they locked in incentives when they ordered, but the PenFed discount wasn't included. Now that it is delivery time, the incentives available when the order was placed are no longer available. There are two choices: 1) take the incentives that were locked in when ordering 2) take current incentives + PenFed.
That's the main problem. We were told that we could lock in some things at order, then at time of delivery, add any incentives available at that time. Apparently, that's no longer the case.

brenan00

Reaction score
The dealer would love for him to walk. The dealer would then sell the truck to someone else for more money.

I get standing up for the principal of it, and I’d be ticked, too. But if you want to stick it to the dealer…walking away isn’t the way, not in this market. Sucks, but that’s the truth.
Yep, buy it drive it for 3 months, trade it in when your new comes in. Or buy it and sell it to a dealer down the street. Dealers need cars and trucks on their lots.

dwalme

Reaction score
The dealer would love for him to walk. The dealer would then sell the truck to someone else for more money.

I get standing up for the principal of it, and I’d be ticked, too. But if you want to stick it to the dealer…walking away isn’t the way, not in this market. Sucks, but that’s the truth.

That's not always the case. More inventory is coming in every day. Even used car prices are starting to lower.

The next guy won't get the financing deal he has locked in either.

Incentives to purchase now are soft so only those that really need a truck or the small minority that just pays any price will purchase. The line to buy that truck is far from long.

sflindsey

Reaction score
I just talked to Aaron this morning, build came out to 63,505. Sale price 55,543. Absolutely blown away ive talked to at least 15 dealers and none would even imply they would go lower than msrp let alone say it out front. I am 100% working with mark dodge and at this point im just waiting for them to take my money. We will fly down and make it a road trip coming back. But i hope you are just as happy with your build as i am excited to place mine!
You will not be disappointed!

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I'll blast them everywhere I can. I will tell them I'll blast them. It may cost them no sales or dozens. Who knows and there is really no way to know. But they won't want the bad review out there. Is that worth $1000 to them? And to get another sale by the time this month is over, and likely being able to sell my trade next month for a decent profit? I guess we'll see. I still haven't heard back from Chrysler on if they will honor it on their end (doubtful).

To me, I can take the truck or leave it. My current 2020 Laramie is very nice even if not optioned exactly how I'd want (but the 2021 Limited order isn't, either, it has a couple things I don't want and I would be on the tail end of UConnect 4 which IMO UConnect 5 is a major upgrade and one I actually care about). I would go another $5k+ into debt getting the Limited. Not that it isn't manageable for me, but it is still more debt. No water off my back waiting a couple years and ordering a 2023 or 2024 redesign Laramie from Aaron exactly how I want it.

Last edited:

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's not always the case. More inventory is coming in every day. Even used car prices are starting to lower.

The next guy won't get the financing deal he has locked in either.

Incentives to purchase now are soft so only those that really need a truck or the small minority that just pays any price will purchase. The line to buy that truck is far from long.
Around here people are fairly pragmatic. You don't see very many Limiteds or Longhorns. They will still probably get more than the agreement with me, but it very well may sit a while. One I looked at in April that is similar to the one I ordered, at a dealer about 20 miles from the ordering dealer, had that truck for months.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, buy it drive it for 3 months, trade it in when your new comes in. Or buy it and sell it to a dealer down the street. Dealers need cars and trucks on their lots.
If it were me, I would do this and order a 22 from Aaron. My wife would never go along with it, though.

dsbull

Reaction score
negotiated a deal with Aron @ Mark Dodge
MSRP $74435
Sale Price $65252 plus $219 doc/temp tag/notary and ttl.

wants $1000 deposit non refundable. Should i pull the trigger ? No one in tristate could come even close to this.

How is his reputation ?

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
MSRP $74435

wants $1000 deposit non refundable. Should i pull the trigger ? No one in tristate could come even close to this.

How is his reputation ?
He’s got a great reputation, with lots of satisfied customers (including me) on here. $1,000 refund is very reasonable, and non-refundable is the norm.

Looks like the deals aren’t as good as they used to be, but that’s hardly surprising in this market. You’re still getting a much better deal than you’d be able to get most anywhere else.

P.S. it’s Aaron, like A A Ron.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So not unexpectedly, Stenallis told me to p!$s off and won't honor the PenFed coupon. They even told me that my case from Wed. was never escalated as I was told it would be, and I was never going to get a call back (I was told I would get one within 48 hours).

Expectedly, the dealer said they would meet me half way. So they would apply 2 manufacturer coupons, each worth $250. They won't give me any more on my trade to make up the difference.

So here are my options:
1. Take the truck for $500 more than the price I was aiming for and thought I would be getting. It has a few features I don't need or even want (power running boards, air suspension). It also doesn't have UConnect 5 which IMO is a big deal.
2. Keep what I have. Tint the windows (I would tint either truck) and maybe get a spray liner. Reconsider my options in a year or two or three and probably order a Longhorn from Aaron. Maybe by then with the redesign blind spot will be standard on the Longhorn.
3. Wait a few more days and see if incentives are better in August or if the dealer gets additional coupons from the manufacturer to apply. Right now I could apply the PenFed, and the dealer's $500, but I would be going from 72 month financing to 48. Doable but not ideal.

Part of me doesn't want to get a new truck and go $5-$6k more into debt and still not have exactly what I want (it has too much stuff in some ways, no UConnect 5 when I ordered I thought it wouldn't be in the trucks until 2023 MY). All the things I don't like about my current truck would be remedied (eTorque, no navigation). But these things don't bother me as much as they did, especially the etorque. I use Android Auto for navigation even though I don't care for it much.

Used vehicle prices are already starting to go down. Carvana is down to $41,500 for my truck (was as high as $48,500). Vroom is down to $47,100. My locked in trade price is $47,500. I paid $43,500 new last September on a MSRP $55,135 Laramie. The still elevated trade value is the main thing having me consider still getting the truck.

I am leaning toward keeping what I have for now but not totally sure.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So somewhat unexpectedly, Stenallis told me to p!$s off and won't honor the PenFed coupon. They even told me that my case from Wed. was never escalated as I was told it would be, and I was never going to get a call back (I was told I would get one within 48 hours).

Expectedly, the dealer said they would meet me half way. So they would apply 2 manufacturer coupons, each worth $250. They won't give me any more on my trade to make up the difference.

So here are my options:
1. Take the truck for $500 more than the price I was aiming for and thought I would be getting. It has a few features I don't need or even want (power running boards, air suspension). It also doesn't have UConnect 5 which IMO is a big deal.
2. Keep what I have. Tint the windows (I would tint either truck) and maybe get a spray liner. Reconsider my options in a year or two or three and probably order a Longhorn from Aaron. Maybe by then with the redesign blind spot will be standard on the Longhorn.
3. Wait a few more days and see if incentives are better in August or if the dealer gets additional coupons from the manufacturer to apply.

Part of me doesn't want to get a new truck and go $5-$6k more into debt and still not have exactly what I want (it has too much stuff). All the things I don't like about my current truck would be remedied (eTorque, no navigation). But these things don't bother me as much as they did, especially the etorque. I use Android Auto for navigation even though I don't care for it much.

Used vehicle prices are already starting to go down. Carvana is down to $41,500 for my truck (was as high as $48,500). Vroom is down to $47,100. My locked in trade price is $47,500. I paid $43,500 new last September on a MSRP $55,135 Laramie. The still elevated trade value is the main thing having me consider still getting the truck.

Thoughts?
Your trade-in will lose more than $500 in the next few weeks. So unless you're doing something else with it right now, then I wouldn't sweat the extra $500. And if you don't want the power running boards, maybe you can sell them here to recuperate some money.

Rau

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience trading in 2020 or 2021 RAM 1500 with Mark Dodge? I wonder what they offer since their discount on new trucks are highest. Does it make sense to sell the truck elsewhere and buy new from them or just trade in in one transaction?

brenan00

Reaction score
So not unexpectedly, Stenallis told me to p!$s off and won't honor the PenFed coupon. They even told me that my case from Wed. was never escalated as I was told it would be, and I was never going to get a call back (I was told I would get one within 48 hours).

So here are my options:
3. Wait a few more days and see if incentives are better in August or if the dealer gets additional coupons from the manufacturer to apply. Right now I could apply the PenFed, and the dealer's $500, but I would be going from 72 month financing to 48. Doable but not ideal.

Part of me doesn't want to get a new truck and go $5-$6k more into debt and still not have exactly what I want (it has too much stuff in some ways, no UConnect 5 when I ordered I thought it wouldn't be in the trucks until 2023 MY). All the things I don't like about my current truck would be remedied (eTorque, no navigation). But these things don't bother me as much as they did, especially the etorque. I use Android Auto for navigation even though I don't care for it much.

I am leaning toward keeping what I have for now but not totally sure.

Thoughts?
Your decision, when you make it you will be happy. Sorry, I just thought about this what happens if you wait August and the 0 for 48 is no longer offered?

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
MSRP $74435

Where are you located?

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nope. Trade-in prices peaked a month or two ago, and they’re falling now.
They have gone down since I sold my Tundra, but not by much. Last month my Tundra was worth about $600-900 more than today. Screenshot_20210730-160639_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Rau

Fatherdeath

Reaction score
right things are headed down again, one of the reasons we jumped on a new truck a few weeks ago when our Yukon Denali was at its peak and our price was locked in with the FCA control number

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Some market data.
1627687074688.png

Users who are viewing this thread