5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Camelot

Reaction score
My sticker was $76K and I ended up paying around $10K under that with a CDI discount. Don't recall what is was out the door with taxes but I paid cash so no financing fees.

stembridge

Reaction score
I just got a new RAM email with a $1,000-off coupon code… the one I got last month (after requesting a brochure from ram trucks.com) expired on the 31st, so this should hopefully work in leu of that one.

es

4th RAM

Reaction score
I just got a new RAM email with a $1,000-off coupon code… the one I got last month (after requesting a brochure from ram trucks.com) expired on the 31st, so this should hopefully work in leu of that one.

es

Did you do anything special to get the second coupon code? Or do they just email it to you periodically?

stembridge

Reaction score
Did you do anything special to get the second coupon code? Or do they just email it to you periodically?
It looks like they sent it without any prompting. When I deduced my truck wasn't going to be delivered in July, I made another brochure request using a different email and first name, but the offer came to my primary email.

es

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

es
It’s good to hear that the coupons are coming out again. I locked one in when I ordered in April, then it seems they disappeared. This could be good news for those with pending orders, or who are considering ordering.

brenan00

Reaction score
It looks like they sent it without any prompting. When I deduced my truck wasn't going to be delivered in July, I made another brochure request using a different email and first name, but the offer came to my primary email.

es
I received another coupon too, I am not sure how I got it, but this time it came from my dealer. I did put them in as my preferred dealer in the ram toolbox and mopar sites and apps. Expires 8-31-2021, good for me that my truck gets on island next week, that gives me 3 weeks to play with.
My tally so far is $3500 in coupons, $1k ram coupon, $1k spending $7500 on the Ram credit card, $1k dealer coupon (received today), and $500 from my company and Truecar.
Does anybody ( @silentbob ) know if these are stackable with affiliate pricing? Later and mahalo

Last edited:

brenan00

Reaction score
I was looking on the ram site looking for “in transit” vehicles, to compare vins to if mine might be migrating with the dealer stock. Then when you look at a truck you can go to the dealers website. I decided to see if there are any TRX’s in the state, there are 2 in Maui, msrp $86k and $85k listing $110k. The same as LA, 25k over.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I received another coupon too, I am not sure how I got it, but this time it came from my dealer. I did put them in as my preferred dealer in the ram toolbox and mopar sites and apps. Expires 8-31-2021, good for me that my truck gets on island next week, that gives me 3 weeks to play with.
My tally so far is $3500 in coupons, $1k ram coupon, $1k spending $7500 on the Ram credit card, $1k dealer coupon (received today), and $500 from my company and Truecar.
Does anybody ( @silentbob ) know if these are stackable with affiliate pricing? Later and mahalo
I purchased mine a week ago tomorrow using a coupon FCA sent me. Now they sent me another via email today…. WTF, have owned Rams since the 1980’s but never realized one was supposed to purchase them by the pair!

mjako1

Reaction score
New to the Ram Truck world but am very interested. I live in Southern/Central California and was wondering if anyone has recommendations for dealerships in this region. Huntington Beach seems like a big one, Hunter Dodge in Lancaster is pretty visible, and Glenn Thomas in Long Beach is promoted on Car Pros. Any thoughts about the best place to go for price and minimal BS? Unfortunately Mark Dodge is just too far away. Thank you in advance!

dsbull

Reaction score
New to the Ram Truck world but am very interested. I live in Southern/Central California and was wondering if anyone has recommendations for dealerships in this region. Huntington Beach seems like a big one, Hunter Dodge in Lancaster is pretty visible, and Glenn Thomas in Long Beach is promoted on Car Pros. Any thoughts about the best place to go for price and minimal BS? Unfortunately Mark Dodge is just too far away. Thank you in advance!
They ship cars all over nation.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I’d recommend Hunter in Lancaster. You can also try Rydell or Dependable in the San Fernando Valley. I’d stay away from Huntington and Russell Westbrook.

The family has purchased a few vehicles (all special order) from Dependable and have always been happy. Hunter is one of the larger volume dealers in California

That being said, if you’re looking for the best deal, Mark Dodge hands down.

mjako1

Reaction score
I’d recommend Hunter in Lancaster. You can also try Rydell or Dependable in the San Fernando Valley. I’d stay away from Huntington and Russell Westbrook.

The family has purchased a few vehicles (all special order) from Dependable and have always been happy. Hunter is one of the larger volume dealers in California

That being said, if you’re looking for the best deal, Mark Dodge hands down.

Your feedback is much appreciated, thank you!

SBrentnall

Reaction score
Shipping is about $1 per mile, and is generally far outweighed by the discounts available from dealers like Mark Dodge.

I‘m also in SoCal, and I ordered from Bud Clary in WA. The price was thousands less than all the local dealers, who laughed when I asked if they could match the price.

jessed1

Reaction score
Cant say my negotiating skills are great, but a month ago (end of June) I did wind up getting 5k off sticker for a 2021 Ram Big Horn (billet silver, level 2 group, night edition, 5.7 with eTorque). A good deal but only because the dealer was making things right....

Originally, I negotiated with the dealer (in MI) for a dealer demo 2021 RAM 1500 Bighorn with 2k miles (Billet Silver, Level 2 group, 5.7L non eTorque, chrome package). We wound up at 46.5k which was a good deal. My bank FedEx'd a check for 50k and I scheduled a flight as soon as dealer confirmed they had the check in hand. Somewhere in the air to DTW another "associate" sold my already purchased RAM to another customer. YEAH, I was a bit upset... To make things right, they let me choose any truck on the lot and I just had to cover difference in MSRP. Wound up with a new truck that looks better (night edition) and only had 13 miles on it for 48k (5k off sticker). Drove it back to Syracuse that night.

pinkerton

Reaction score
I just got a quote on a 2500 limited from Steve Cellem at Mark Dodge for $3k off MSRP. That seems really high compared to what others are posting. Can anyone comment? Maybe I need to speak with Aaron?

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just got a quote on a 2500 limited from Steve Cellem at Mark Dodge for $3k off MSRP. That seems really high compared to what others are posting. Can anyone comment? Maybe I need to speak with Aaron?
Most who are purchasing from Mark Dodge in this thread are purchasing 1500s, not Heavy Duty’s. The discounts may not be as good on the Heavy Duty’s.

Users who are viewing this thread