5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Ramjack

Reaction score
That is right, at least at this particular moment. On Tuesday, the 0% and other incentives may also be gone.
I see. I thought you only lose the $500 Chrysler Capital incentive if you do 0% financing. I thought you would still get $3500 (in my area) on Big Horns.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I see. I thought you only lose the $500 Chrysler Capital incentive if you do 0% financing. I thought you would still get $3500 (in my area) on Big Horns.
Other way around: You only keep the $500 CC incentive, since the 0% financing is through them.

In my case (ordering a Limited Longhorn), taking the 0% was an easy choice, since the additional incentive would amount to $1,250, and the interest savings are much more than that.

So you'd have to think about how much you'd finance, what rate you'd pay, and how long you'd finance if you didn't get 0% (for example, maybe you'd finance for 48 or 60 months instead of 72 if you were paying interest).

The interest on a $35,000 at 3.2% is just over $3,500, so that's about the break even point, but plug in your own numbers to see how much interest you'd pay.

Ramjack

Reaction score
Other way around: You only keep the $500 CC incentive, since the 0% financing is through them.

In my case (ordering a Limited Longhorn), taking the 0% was an easy choice, since the additional incentive would amount to $1,250, and the interest savings are much more than that.

So you'd have to think about how much you'd finance, what rate you'd pay, and how long you'd finance if you didn't get 0% (for example, maybe you'd finance for 48 or 60 months instead of 72 if you were paying interest).

The interest on a $35,000 at 3.2% is just over $3,500, so that's about the break even point, but plug in your own numbers to see how much interest you'd pay.

Thanks for your help. I took the rebates but I financed the full amount so I can easily pick up the truck out of state tomorrow w/o dealing with bank funds. I'll be writing the damn check next week to avoid interest altogether.

mophead

Reaction score
Just got this from a dealer.

The factory has just announced that ALL INCENTIVES/REBATES will end at the close of business on May 17th due to limited supply of new vehicles caused by the massive parts shortages. Other major manufacturers initiated the is action and many more will follow. If you plan on getting a new Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, or RAM, YOU NEED TO ACT NOW! After the 17th of this month there will be no more incentives/rebates available
Has anyone confirmed this???

I spoke with FCA Incentives yesterday and forgot to ask. Seems they would've mentioned it, but didn't. Yes, I had a good rep this time, (so 2 outta 3).

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone confirmed this???

I spoke with FCA Incentives yesterday and forgot to ask. Seems they would've mentioned it, but didn't. Yes, I had a good rep this time, (so 2 outta 3).
I didn’t think they would comment on future rebates until the actual date had arrived.

mophead

Reaction score
I didn’t think they would comment on future rebates until the actual date had arrived.
Well if the incentives she quoted were going to expire next Monday night, you'd think they would mention that. I also asked about the stackability of the $1000 mailer/pop up coupon and confirmed that it expired 6-30. Nothin about May 17th at all. Heck makes me wonder if they might be jacking them up more for Memorial Day??? I agree with a lot of others that things aren't looking good price and incentives wise but I wouldn't be surprised by anything... cept them giving me a truck for free.

sig-nifigant

Reaction score
So my Sales Rep/Manager is the dad of my son’s friend, so he knows I would kick his *** if we wasn’t honest with me. He told me today that 72 months, no interest is going away on May 18th. Just FYI.

Last year they didn't start making 2022 MY until late September. But this year the switch should be much earlier.

7/8/20 initial order acceptance
8/31/20 production startup

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey everyone, need a little bit of help here. My bro wanted a truck but the price range is a bit high for him so he is looking at a Grand Cherokee (not sure that's much cheaper, lol). I took a peak at the sister forum here and to be honest, I'm glad I'm over here on this side with you guys!
Mark Dodge is CDJR so I'm assuming my bro could go through Aaron as well, but would the % off MSRP scale from Silent Bob carry over to the GCs as well or do Jeeps sell by a different standard?

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey everyone, need a little bit of help here. My bro wanted a truck but the price range is a bit high for him so he is looking at a Grand Cherokee (not sure that's much cheaper, lol). I took a peak at the sister forum here and to be honest, I'm glad I'm over here on this side with you guys!
Mark Dodge is CDJR so I'm assuming my bro could go through Aaron as well, but would the % off MSRP scale from Silent Bob carry over to the GCs as well or do Jeeps sell by a different standard?
A GC isn't much less $$$ but IS much less capable. It will also depreciate faster. Maybe a 6-cyl RAM?

mophead

Reaction score
A GC isn't much less $$$ but IS much less capable. It will also depreciate faster. Maybe a 6-cyl RAM?
I'm not sure but you aren't comparing apples to apples. I peruse the JGC site to compare incentives, ( I used to own one). They have never come close to the numbers for 1500's. Best way to find out would be contact Aaron at Mark Dodge. From what I've noticed there appears to be more JGC inventory than 1500's. Just throwing a number I'd say 10% off sounds pretty good. Bob's numbers have gone down quite a bit for 1500's for various reasons. I'm not seeing the deals since May 1 that there was prior. Remember those numbers are for a very unique and wacky market. For now it doesn't look like it's gonna get better at least for the short term.

phenix81

Reaction score
Where are you at? The guy I order from in Chicago area will give 6% below invoice on any Chrysler product he orders.

El_Draque

Reaction score
Just got this from a dealer.

The factory has just announced that ALL INCENTIVES/REBATES will end at the close of business on May 17th due to limited supply of new vehicles caused by the massive parts shortages. Other major manufacturers initiated the is action and many more will follow. If you plan on getting a new Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, or RAM, YOU NEED TO ACT NOW! After the 17th of this month there will be no more incentives/rebates available

I assume that if our order is already in and the incentives were locked that we get to keep those incentives at delivery?

vegasandre

Reaction score
I assume that if our order is already in and the incentives were locked that we get to keep those incentives at delivery?
same question.. How do we know that the incentives are "locked" at the time of order. I asked my sales guy to do this but would there be anything that appears on the order page to show that incentives are locked?

Last edited:

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
same question.. How do we know that the incentives are "locked" at the time of order. I asked my sales guy to do this but would there be anything that appears on the order page to show that incentives are lcoked?
So, when Mark Dodge ordered my truck they discussed the current incentives. He printed the current "Incentives Configurator" page with the incentives that I selected. I had to sign the page and he said they are locked in but we'd compare to the incentives at time of delivery and I could go with what's best.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, when Mark Dodge ordered my truck they discussed the current incentives. He printed the current "Incentives Configurator" page with the incentives that I selected. I had to sign the page and he said they are locked in but we'd compare to the incentives at time of delivery and I could go with what's best.

Also never hurts to do all communications through email or text, so that whatever was said is on record.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where are you at? The guy I order from in Chicago area will give 6% below invoice on any Chrysler product he orders.
Northwest Florida, but if it saves thousands of dollars to do a fly and drive, I’m sure my brother would do that. What’s the dealership name? I’ll pass it along.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Northwest Florida, but if it saves thousands of dollars to do a fly and drive, I’m sure my brother would do that. What’s the dealership name? I’ll pass it along.
Did you talk to Lakeland Dodge yet? They were mentioned a while back in this thread. Never mind if you already looked into them, but otherwise, they might be worth a short.

I think @AK103 can give you contact info if you need it.

ben b

Reaction score
same question.. How do we know that the incentives are "locked" at the time of order. I asked my sales guy to do this but would there be anything that appears on the order page to show that incentives are lcoked?
You can try talking to the RAM Incentives desk -- they are quite friendly and have been helpful at explaining things to me. 1-800-227-0757

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you talk to Lakeland Dodge yet? They were mentioned a while back in this thread. Never mind if you already looked into them, but otherwise, they might be worth a short.

I think @AK103 can give you contact info if you need it.
He hasn’t talked to anyone other than the local dealer yet. He’s still just deciding what he wants first but I’ve told him he needs to call the dealerships listed in here. I just have never had a jeep and didn’t know if anyone knew about % off MSRP targets he can shoot for.

ben b

Reaction score
Any help with the following would be greatly appreciated.

I have a True Car offer offer code for $500 off. I also have a RAM Brand offer for $1000 off. The incentives line told me that I would need to pick one or the other -- they can't be stacked.

Has anybody tried this and confirmed/denied whether stacking them works?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread