5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

JVS0302

Reaction score
What a mess. I just put a deposit down yesterday on a dealer stock Limited. Gave him all my info but am not sure if credit app was run yet. Dealer told me we had till the end of the month of the 0% 72 months. The dealership is 5 hours away so I was not able to go in person but took his word on it.. I really hope they can back date this a day and get it done. That was the terms we agreed too.

Mchurch52

Reaction score
What a mess. I just put a deposit down yesterday on a dealer stock Limited. Gave him all my info but am not sure if credit app was run yet. Dealer told me we had till the end of the month of the 0% 72 months. The dealership is 5 hours away so I was not able to go in person but took his word on it.. I really hope they can back date this a day and get it done. That was the terms we agreed too.
Like you posted earlier, it is till showing 0% for 72 as available on the Chrysler Capital site, so no sure why the Ram site shows something different.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
Like you posted earlier, it is till showing 0% for 72 as available on the Chrysler Capital site, so no sure why the Ram site shows something different.
Do not go by the Chrysler Capital website. It is not actually owned and operated by FCA, it’s owned and operated by Santander Bank under license given by FCA. And if you read the disclaimer it states “ May not be compatible with all FCA US LLC programs. Contact a participating FCA US LLC dealer for details”. Ram no longer has a 0% 72mo incentive program so the info on the Santander site is no longer applicable.

JVS0302

Reaction score

Do not go by the Chrysler Capital website. It is not actually owned and operated by FCA, it’s owned and operated by Santander Bank under license given by FCA. And if you read the disclaimer it states “ May not be compatible with all FCA US LLC programs. Contact a participating FCA US LLC dealer for details”. Ram no longer has a 0% 72mo incentive program so the info on the Santander site is no longer applicable.

Eldodroptop is correct, when I called in I got a different answer and the incentive had indeed expired.

The good news is I spoke to my dealer and they submitted my app yesterday and confirmed I am locked in. Picking up the truck tomorrow!

mophead

Reaction score
Good afternoon, my name is mophead and I am a straight shooter, LOL

12% ABOVE invoice: Silent Bob, could you start a thread to see how high we can go?

Then there's this: cheeseburger, cheeseburger, Pepsi, CHIPS

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score

12% ABOVE invoice: Silent Bob, could you start a thread to see how high we can go?

Wow. Well this thread is “Price Negotiated from MSRP”…it never specified which way haha

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
Instead of bad news, let’s try this.
Aaron just called my nephew and said his Ram has been delivered and is ready for delivery! I’m really surprised by the speed as the truck order was finalized around March 27th. We were figuring mid June!

And yes, the March incentives and 0% for 72mo were sold order protected and Aaron confirmed all aspects of the deal today. We should be going to get the truck tomorrow!

Eldodroptop

Reaction score

Hi, I’m Eldodroptop and I’m a straight shooter as well. That article is further proof that 40% of the people in this country are absolute morons! Instant gratification is going to be our downfall...

mophead

Reaction score
Hi, I’m Eldodroptop and I’m a straight shooter as well. That article is further proof that 40% of the people in this country are absolute morons! Instant gratification is going to be our downfall...
Yep!

On a brighter note, maybe I'll see you at one of the SSA (Straight Shooter Anonymous) meetings? Wait a minute SSA? Where have I heard that one before???? ;)

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Instead of bad news, let’s try this.
Aaron just called my nephew and said his Ram has been delivered and is ready for delivery! I’m really surprised by the speed as the truck order was finalized around March 27th. We were figuring mid June!

And yes, the March incentives and 0% for 72mo were sold order protected and Aaron confirmed all aspects of the deal today. We should be going to get the truck tomorrow!
They just mentioned Lake Charles (Mark Dodge location) on the news as part of the Louisiana Flooding. I hope everything is ok.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
They just mentioned Lake Charles (Mark Dodge location) on the news as part of the Louisiana Flooding. I hope everything is ok.
No doubt. Lake Charles has been through way too much. Mark CDJR is on the SE side of town off the 210 loop. They are not flooded. But I do wonder how sea worthy my Lexus LS460 is... I hope I don’t find out tomorrow... I’m fond of that car.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I showed my GF a photo of the Lake Charles flooding. She was concerned, I said "isn't that what air suspension is for?" Good hold my beer moment. Having some good roadhouse flash backs, "you got insurance, don't you?"

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I showed my GF a photo of the Lake Charles flooding. She was concerned, I said "isn't that what air suspension is for?" Good hold my beer moment. Having some good roadhouse flash backs, "you got insurance, don't you?"
preeeeetty sure water is definitively not good for the air suspension

alexv305

Reaction score
Best deal that I can find in florida

Sticker price 65,795
Sale Price 55,092 + TTL + Dealer Addons / Fee
Dealer Addons 1,999
Dealer Fee 999
OTD 61,670

2021 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
3.0L Ecodiesel
392 rear end
33 gallon fuel tank
12" Uconnect
Wheel to wheel running boards
Bed liner
Off-Road Group
Air suspension
Sport PKG
Level A Equipment Grp
Moper Floor Mats
Under seat storage compartment
Maximum Steel Metallic

Last edited:

Limited2021

Reaction score
So my truck is finally supposed to be at the dealership today. As of now my dealer and I have not discussed numbers. With the market today should I still try to get the employee pricing for my truck or just run with what they give me for a number? I have waited 3 months for this thing and pricing has changed a lot in those three months including my trade in value of my truck.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So my truck is finally supposed to be at the dealership today. As of now my dealer and I have not discussed numbers. With the market today should I still try to get the employee pricing for my truck or just run with what they give me for a number? I have waited 3 months for this thing and pricing has changed a lot in those three months including my trade in value of my truck.
You didn’t lock in a price at the time you ordered? I hate to be a downer, but that was a mistake. Did you put a deposit on the truck?

I’d still negotiate to at least 1% below invoice, but it’s a sellers market right now. Keep that in mind when selling your trade in, and make sure you get top dollar for it, which might blunt some of the pain of the new truck price. And be prepared to walk away if you’re not getting the deal you want (which is easier to do emotionally if you didn’t put down a deposit).

Limited2021

Reaction score
You didn’t lock in a price at the time you ordered? I hate to be a downer, but that was a mistake. Did you put a deposit on the truck?

I’d still negotiate to at least 1% below invoice, but it’s a sellers market right now. Keep that in mind when selling your trade in, and make sure you get top dollar for it, which might blunt some of the pain of the new truck price. And be prepared to walk away if you’re not getting the deal you want (which is easier to do emotionally if you didn’t put down a deposit).

I don't have a deposit down on my truck and the only thing that was locked in was the incentives. My trade value has gone up $2500 to $5000 depending on KBB or NADA. I'm not sure what they are going to do with this. I stuck with my local dealer to keep my business in the community and I hope they keep this in mind because when I ordered I could have drove a 100 miles and got the exact same truck from a different dealer for $59,000 that day. MSRP on the truck is $67,760.

Users who are viewing this thread