5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From what I've learned:

1. FCA Affiliate Codes (like Tread Lightly / Partners) cannot be combined. If you have a control number with FCA, you can't join Tread Lightly and double-dip
  2. True Card Codes can also not be combined so you can pick $1000 through PenFed (after waiting 60 days after creating your PenFed account) or take $500 today without any waiting
  3. RAM.com Email code, I was told is not compatible with True Car so it's $1000 email code OR maximum from TrueCar. I still need to call FCA Incentives because that one doesn't seem to make much sense to me

If you get the $1000 from email you can not combined it with the TrueCar as these are both TDM rebates (Direct Marketing). If you have the Affiliate you can still use that along with the PenFed or True Car or the email code from Ram.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My story:
Wanted a "Built To Serve" edition Ram for about a year, but when I was finally able to get into a financial situation to facilitate it, my choices were existing dealer stock in either Tank (olive green) or Flame Red, or order one in Orange or White (neither of which my wife and I wanted). So I emailed all the dealers within driving range (each email separate so there wouldn't be any "reply all" issues) telling them I will buy from whoever gives me the best out-the-door value for what I wanted with the 0% APR. The dealer responses ran the range you'd expect. Some wanted to know my payment budget, others wanted to know if I was doing a trade-in. Others told me I'd be missing out on $1,250 in incentives by going with 0% (I can do math; 0% is far better). I stood by my guns, insisting on email negotiation and to talk price (not monthly payment), and to not factor trade-in. One dealer (outside my state) was going to charge me double-digit sales tax, and even gave me a monthly payment breakdown that, when totaled, far exceeded the quoted price ($950/month for 72 months, for instance; truck MSRP was $55K).

To make a long story a bit shorter, all the BTS options kept getting sold before my dealer could get it transferred. So I went to look at a used Rebel. It was not a great color, plus it was 3 years old with nearly 70K on the odometer. The bed made it look like the surface of the moon (no bedliner). The dealer quoted me nearly $40K for it. At this point, I was bummed. No BTS truck, plus the available truck at the time was a put-to-bed-wet Rebel. I told the sales rep my wife and I were going to walk the lot and think about it.

My wife saw a Laramie that she like the color, then looked at the sticker--over $61K and more than we wanted to pay. We sat in it and it was a great truck. I told the sales rep, if he could get the price to $55 we could do it. Then it was just a matter of time.

In the end, I think it's a win for both me and the dealer. I got a great truck (with far more bells and whistles than I originally wanted) and saved a significant amount of money (10% off MSRP) with very little effort, stress, or playing games. The dealer probably made more than they could have had I decided to negotiate more aggressively. Plus the dealer is local to me (semi-rural area so supporting businesses here is important). Win all around.
Congrats!

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Enter your zip up top then I’ll show current incentives for your region. Click 1500 and show all offers then select rebel trim. For me it’s showing the 0% apr for 72 months or $1500 cash allowance

Edit: or

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
What is the fico to get 0%? Do they use fico auto 8, auto 9, or straight fico and from which service (trans, expo, etc?)

ToopaCent

Reaction score
I just put an order in on a Ram Bighorn yesterday, is six weeks a reasonable expectation for delivery?
In addition to options, I also saw someone say they wait to paint atleast 10 trucks of the color. Could also add to the delay

Silent Bob

Reaction score
What is the fico to get 0%? Do they use fico auto 8, auto 9, or straight fico and from which service (trans, expo, etc?)
I have been told that special financing approval is based on a combination of your credit score, income, and outstanding debt.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Call in to FCA Incentives (very helpful by the way). On a RAM 1500 4x4 Crew Cab Limited

MSRP = xxxx
w/ FCA Affiliates I can take that down to 1% below invoice

Then I can add in EITHER the $1000 via RAM email / website OR the True Car $1000 via PenFed but I cannot combine those 2.

Then he confirmed the Chrysler Capital 0% + $500 is locked in on sold orders but I have to take delivery within 2 weeks of the truck arriving at the dealership.

Final bit of information which conflicts with what my local dealer told me back in November when I first walked in. The zip code of delivery dealer does not matter. It's your home zip code that entitles you to rebates. My dealer told me if I take delivery elsewhere, I can't get the same rebates which was BS.

Finally, I quoted the FCA Rep my out the door price before $1500 off I qualify for and he insisted I buy that truck today. LOL

TravisJ

Reaction score
Final bit of information which conflicts with what my local dealer told me back in November when I first walked in. The zip code of delivery dealer does not matter. It's your home zip code that entitles you to rebates. My dealer told me if I take delivery elsewhere, I can't get the same rebates which was BS.

Finally, I quoted the FCA Rep my out the door price before $1500 off I qualify for and he insisted I buy that truck today. LOL
The bolded is correct, the dealer lied. Regardless of where in the universe you buy your vehicle from you get rebates from home zip code.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The bolded is correct, the dealer lied. Regardless of where in the universe you buy your vehicle from you get rebates from home zip code.

The same dealer also told me in December during employee pricing for all that he can't offer any discounts beyond that price that FCA won't let him which by then, I knew was untrue.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Dealer is dragging his feet about locking in 0% APR, says we should wait and see what April deals look like. For those of you who have been following this stuff for awhile, what are the odds 0%/72 months will still be available after March is over?
If you are going to finance the truck you should lock in the 0% now. The best you could do for April is that they continue the 0%. Below are some links about locking in incentives and special financing. Keep in mind that you can use the locked in incentives or the current incentives the month your truck arrives.

Lock in Incentives & Rebates on Factory Orders

We have factory confirmation that you can definitely lock in current incentives, including Chrysler Capital special financing, on factory orders. LINK

Rebate vs. lower interest: Which car incentive is right for you?

If you have to choose between lower cost or lower interest. Includes a rebate vs interest calculator. LINK

Last edited:

Silent Bob

Reaction score
The same dealer also told me in December during employee pricing for all that he can't offer any discounts beyond that price that FCA won't let him which by then, I knew was untrue.
If the dealer is using the Employee or Affiliate pricing program he is not supposed to discount beyond that (not including other incentives). That much is true. What he can do is just give you a better discount without using those programs. The factory gives them some sort of payment when using those two programs. If the dealer is giving you a lower price he is not supposed to file for that reimbursement. Some dealers will submit for that reimbursement anyway.

When I was shopping in November/December I was getting prices below both of those programs. When the Employee Pricing offer kicked in, all of those said it would not change their pricing. Conversely, when I made my last purchase in 2014 my dealer asked for my affiliate number even though he was already coming in lower than that price.

Last edited:

enigmaaron

Reaction score
If you are going to finance the truck you should lock in the 0% now. The best you could do for April is that they continue the 0%. Below are some links about locking in incentives and special financing.

Lock in Incentives & Rebates on Factory Orders

We have factory confirmation that you can definitely lock in current incentives, including Chrysler Capital special financing, on factory orders. LINK

Rebate vs. lower interest: Which car incentive is right for you?

If you have to choose between lower cost or lower interest. Includes a rebate vs interest calculator. LINK
Definitely agree. Having been watching the incentives since November when I started shopping this is probably the best month yet for 0%. In my area I got 0% for 72mo with $1500 in rebates. Next best I recall seeing was 0% for 84mo with no rebates, or 72mo with $500 rebate.

Horty222

Reaction score
If you get the $1000 from email you can not combined it with the TrueCar as these are both TDM rebates (Direct Marketing). If you have the Affiliate you can still use that along with the PenFed or True Car or the email code from Ram.
Well I guess I dont have to be In a hurry to loose the Ram.com popup (April 30th)1k coupon as I can always sign up to Penfed and wait the 60 days to get the same deal. I plan on ordering one anyways which is taking 12+ weeks.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I guess I dont have to be In a hurry to loose the Ram.com popup (April 30th)1k coupon as I can always sign up to Penfed and wait the 60 days to get the same deal. I plan on ordering one anyways which is taking 12+ weeks.

Not all vehicles are taking 12+ weeks as it really depends on what exactly you are ordering. seems those that ordered in Jan are getting them already or damn near close to it.

nwpahunter

Reaction score
I was told you could lock in some rebates but I couldn’t lock in the truck month rebate, does that seem accurate?

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If the dealer is using the Employee or Affiliate pricing program he is not supposed to discount beyond that (not including other incentives). That much is true. What he can do is just give you a better discount without using those programs. The factory gives them some sort of payment when using those two programs. If the dealer is giving you a lower price he is not supposed to file for that reimbursement. Some dealers will submit for that reimbursement anyway.

When I was shopping in November/December I was getting prices below both of those programs. When the Employee Pricing offer kicked in, all of those said it would not change their pricing. Conversely, when I made my last purchase in 2014 my dealer asked for my affiliate number even though he was already coming in lower than that price.

Have you ever thought about being a fee-based negotiator for people who want to get a truck (or any vehicle) but don't want the hassle or work of finding the best deal? There someone on another automotive website (can't remember which one) who does it, so I know there's a market. I hate playing games with dealers--one thing I liked about your referral to Aaron Ginsburgh in Louisiana, he was straight to the best price. It's a long drive for me, but when the price is that much better, it's hard to pass up.

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
0% likely. If they won't lock, no deal.
Agreed. My credit score is over 800 and the best interest rate I can get is 2.49 for 72 months. So, in my case, 0% interest has a value of over $5K. I think it's unlikely FCA will offer an additional rebate for that amount on a Limited when my truck is delivered in May/June. I hope I'm wrong, but I certainly feel some comfort in knowing I have that locked in.

Users who are viewing this thread