5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
Got the actual numbers. I killed the estimate.

My estimate.
Your build sticker price is $57,225
Targeting 20% off sticker
Dealership discount $7445
Rebate $3000
Penfed rebate $1000
= 20% off or $11445 total discount
Truck cost $45780

Actual MSRP $57,000
Targeting 20% off sticker
Mark CDJR discount $7264
Rebate $3000
PenFed rebate $1000
= roughly 20.1% or $11,264 total discount
Truck cost $45736

My Nephew is thrilled!!
Nephew had a question on an offer from Mack Haik CDJR, they were listening a $9561 discount. He assumed it was a better discount than Mark Dodge.

To compare with that mack haik deal

Arron at mark dodge is at
MSRP. $57000
Dealer disc. $7264
Rebate. $3000
PenFed. $1000
Cost $45736
Tax. $2858.50
Non tax fee. $304.70
Doc fee. $219 approximately

$49118 +/-out the door.

The mack haik deal is hiding something. They are quoting you the rebates and the dealership discount as one number. The number reflects the rebates available if you do not go with the 0%.

Those rebates are

-$2,500
-$1,250
-$500

Total rebates $4250

If you do 0% you lose the $1250 rebate, bringing the total rebate to $3000

Mack Haik said 0% is not combined with any rebates. They know better. The reason a dealership would say that is simple, the dealership cannot make money on the back end of a deal (at 0%) bumping the interest rate up 2% (It is legal to do so) over the “buy” rate from a bank. It’s a HUGE profit center for them.

In their favor the price does not reflect the $1000 PenFed rebate, so let’s equal out the deal and break out the “Dealership discount” into its proper components.

Mack Haik MSRP. $55810
Dealership discount $5311
Rebate. $3000
PenFed rebate. $1000
Truck cost. $46499

Tax. $2906.18
Non tax fee. $304.70
Doc fee $157.10
Out the door. $49,866.98

Compare the OTD differences.
Mark dodge is $748.98 less on a truck with a $1190 higher sticker.

Mark dodge is $1938.98 cheaper if you compare two exact trucks ordered at each dealership.

Last edited:

Runagun

Reaction score
Nephew had a question on an offer from Mack Haik CDJR, they were listening a $9561 discount. He assumed it was a better discount than Mark Dodge.

To compare with that mack haik deal

Arron at mark dodge is at
MSRP. $57000
Dealer disc. $7264
Rebate. $3000
PenFed. $1000
Cost $45736
Tax. $2858.50
Non tax fee. $304.70
Doc fee. $219 approximately

$49118 +/-out the door.

The mack haik deal is hiding something. They are quoting you the rebates and the dealership discount as one number. The number reflects the rebates available if you do not go with the 0%.

Those rebates are

-$2,500
-$1,250
-$500

Total rebates $4250

If you do 0% you lose the $1250 rebate, bringing the total rebate to $3000

Mack Haik said 0% is not combined with any rebates. They know better. The reason a dealership would say that is simple, the dealership cannot make money on the back end of a deal (at 0%) bumping the interest rate up 2% (It is legal to do so) over the “buy” rate from a bank. It’s a HUGE profit center for them.

In their favor the price does not reflect the $1000 PenFed rebate, so let’s equal out the deal and break out the “Dealership discount” into its proper components.

Mack Haik MSRP. $55810
Dealership discount $5311
Rebate. $3000
PenFed rebate. $1000
Truck cost. $46499

Tax. $2906.18
Non tax fee. $304.70
Doc fee $157.10
Out the door. $49,866.98

Compare the OTD differences.
Mark dodge is $748.98 less on a truck with a $1190 higher sticker.

Mark dodge is $1938.98 cheaper if you compare two exact trucks ordered at each dealership.
Mac wanted to charge me a xtra 2k stating they do that to every car. Like an accessory fee. I was like no way. Spec wise mac had the car I wanted more.

mophead

Reaction score
Good question, I've been waiting for that exact same answer from them. Though I believe it to be $41,796 after rebate.
I'll bet $46796. Loaded your numbers in a lease calculator and the numbers are close.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
Mac wanted to charge me a xtra 2k stating they do that to every car. Like an accessory fee. I was like no way. Spec wise mac had the car I wanted more.
This garbage drives me crazy. This shows absolute weakness of ownership. Between faking discounts and lying about availability of rebates or special loan rates. None of this is needed by a well run group focused on customer service. People will throw money at you if they think you are treating them fairly. Look at Mark Dodge, how much money do you think they are losing by treating people honestly? Easy answer, they are making a killing.

I have been around the wholesale side and small time independent auction and dealer business for 30 years because of my best friend and his family. While I never really got involved on a deep level with their business, I have learned an incredible amount. There are some REALLY good people out there that just want to do right by others and yet make a good living doing it.

My favorite quote about running a dealership I ever heard was from my friends dad, “You can shear a sheep many times, but you can only skin it once”.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Alright which one of you bought my truck from under me at Mark Dodge? 😜

2021 Laramie Max Steel with Southwest Edition and Off Road Packages. I think the online price was $48k. I have been eyeing it up for a week and was going to contact Aaron today but it is no longer on the website.

I’ll keep looking...
That's the exact reason I special ordered. Had the owner grab the truck I wanted, then give it to his kid. Went to a different dealer and ordered. Uncool.

Runagun

Reaction score
This garbage drives me crazy. This shows absolute weakness of ownership. Between faking discounts and lying about availability of rebates or special loan rates. None of this is needed by a well run group focused on customer service. People will throw money at you if they think you are treating them fairly. Look at Mark Dodge, how much money do you think they are losing by treating people honestly? Easy answer, they are making a killing.

I have been around the wholesale side and small time independent auction and dealer business for 30 years because of my best friend and his family. While I never really got involved on a deep level with their business, I have learned an incredible amount. There are some REALLY good people out there that just want to do right by others and yet make a good living doing it.

My favorite quote about running a dealership I ever heard was from my friends dad, “You can shear a sheep many times, but you can only skin it once”.
That's the exact reason why I bought at Mark. Had a higher Msrp but cheaper price. Compared to Mac lower msrp but higher price. But Mac had all the truck specs I wanted. Still went with Mark Dodge. Couldn't pass on the savings.

Good quote. I like the quote, You can make money on one car you sell or you can make money on the amount of cars you sell. Pick the dealership that doesn't want to be a parking lot.

Mic13

Reaction score
I'm expecting delivery in March or April. My dealer told me that I could take advantage of any factory incentives that were available when I picked up the vehicle. Is there an easy place to find out what incentives/cash back is available at a given time?

2021 10th Anniversary Limited Longhorn, 4X4, 5.7 bed, 5.7L Hemi eTorque, 3.21, Patriot Blue Monotone, Level 1 Equipment Gp, Body Utility Gp, Advanced Safety Gp, Technology Gp, Protection Gp, RamBox, MFT, 33 gal, Panoramic Sunroof

RJS

Reaction score
I know this has been covered before but just can't seem to locate the info. Can anyone tell me what the minimum amount that has to be financed with Chrysler Capital to get the $500 rebate? (dealer telling me $12k - that seems higher than what I remember seeing?). In addition, how long do you need to keep the loan? Pretty bad when you spend 30 minutes getting transferred 3 different times by Chrysler Capital only to walk away with zero answers to these simple questions.
I can't tell you the minimum but you can pay it off with the first payment. Request a total payoff number from CC when you get the first payment notice and write a check. Total charges should be under $100. I missed the total payment method on the first notice and sent a check for the total minus $1000 to keep interest low. Found it on the second bill, sent a check for the remainder and they sent me paid in full notice a few weeks later.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When you "build" a truck at a dealer, they will have it showing on their screen or give you a printout. A build, if you will. Of all the options you've selected and then MSPR/Invoice for each option. Most of the time they print it out without Holdback, EP, A Plan, Z Plan, etc. pricing on it. If you're good - you can grab it while it's on their screen - but once you have the percentages, pretty easy to figure out.

I ordered my current truck - so I had the printout from when it was ordered showing MSRP/Invoice - as well as a copy of the actual invoice when it came in. My price was XXX under invoice on it.

Here are two examples I found doing a google search - neither are mine. Neither of these are showing the column to the right which has invoice pricing on them.

1sQX7Hg.jpg

CCsj5Ac.png
Very excited! Got my Vin number today! The Ram is in the pre-production stage which means it's waiting for all parts to be gathered so that it can move into the build process. At this time there is not an estimate for when the build will begin. They recommended contacting back in four to five weeks for a new update cHeck.

L2R512

Reaction score
Now the real wait begins, I ordered 3-4 got VIN 3-8, feels like time is crawling by.
I hear you - on about week 5... and still "scheduling parts" as of yesterday. It isn't an easy wait - that's for sure. But every time someone gets a build sheet or takes delivery here, I feel like I'm inching a little bit closer!

Iceman6960

Reaction score
I can't tell you the minimum but you can pay it off with the first payment. Request a total payoff number from CC when you get the first payment notice and write a check. Total charges should be under $100. I missed the total payment method on the first notice and sent a check for the total minus $1000 to keep interest low. Found it on the second bill, sent a check for the remainder and they sent me paid in full notice a few weeks later.
Thanks for the info - much appreciated! My trade-in is too close in price to the new truck (only a $5k difference) to qualify for the financing rebate. Dealer is willing to "adjust" the numbers so I finance enough to get the rebate and then they will cut me a check back for the additional money I finance. Only problem is I will then have to pay state sales tax on the total amount financed (in addition to tax on the rebates - no getting around those). Trying to work the deal on paper to minimize that state sales tax. Anyone have any thoughts on how it could/should be written up so that I can take advantage of the Chry Cap $500 rebate and minimize my state sales tax exposure (hoping I could educate the dealer on a creative, "5th Gen Ram forum solution"). Not trying to avoid taxes I owe, just trying to avoid those I rightfully shouldn't be paying.

Dansjeep2000

Reaction score
I hear you - on about week 5... and still "scheduling parts" as of yesterday. It isn't an easy wait - that's for sure. But every time someone gets a build sheet or takes delivery here, I feel like I'm inching a little bit closer!
It is nice seeing other members trucks come in, not sure if it helps or hurts the anticipation on mine though 😁

Dansjeep2000

Reaction score
It definitely helps for me. With all the shortages and factory closures, it gives me hope seeing orders fulfilled that mine won’t get delayed. Haha
That is definitely true, I have several items on my order that worry me. Advanced Safety Group and RamBox specifically.

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
That is definitely true, I have several items on my order that worry me. Advanced Safety Group and RamBox specifically.
You can’t get BSM or CTA unless you go with a Limited or Rebel unless they you order the first week of February. I have had multiple conversations with the dealer I ordered from.

L2R512

Reaction score
You can’t get BSM or CTA unless you go with a Limited or Rebel unless they you order the first week of February. I have had multiple conversations with the dealer I ordered from.
We’ll definitely find out. I ordered on 2/12 and got a VIN so it seems like the plant accepted it. Still in D - so keeping my fingers crossed that it actually gets built. 🤞

mtehonica

Reaction score
I've added an option to the order tracker to specify if your build includes advanced safety package / blind spot monitoring - might help to see if there are any trends, like orders with these getting delayed. Order tracker link in my signature.

Users who are viewing this thread