5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Posting my deal on an ordered RAM 1500 now that it is signed. I'll quote this post in June/July if for some reason rebates swing in a different direction. This is with Mark Dodge
  1. MSRP: $76,200 (Link to Build)
  2. Invoice: $69,892
  3. Incentives: FCA Affiliates, RAM Email Code (-$1000), Chrysler Capital (-$500). No sales tax in New Hampshire.
  4. $219 in Dealer Fees
  5. OTD - $63,475
  6. % off MSRP = 16.7%
  7. $ off MSRP = $12,725
While this is not an official reporting factor, I consider the $3931 in savings I'm financing with 0% interest at Chrysler Capital versus 2.4% at my local credit union to be a very under-rated incentive that people should consider. If you're going to finance at like 84 months at 2.5%-3% interest in April, you're going to save some serious cash taking advantage of 0%. I hear a credit score above 700 with a mix of income to debt ratio is necessary. This calculator can be helpful - https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/loans/auto-loans/car-loan-calculator

Huge shout out to Mark Dodge. My pool was roughly 5-6 dealers, many from this forum and a few locals. This price was a full $1500 cheaper than anyone else from the very first contact a month ago and zero hassle or pressuring in the last 4 weeks to move forward. When I was ready to move forward, the purchase & sale agreement I got within 30 minutes in addition to the lock-in on the promotions.

Looking at SilentBob's 1st post on the 'best price' thread:
  1. Try For More 14% to 15%
  2. Good Discount 16% to 18%
  3. Great Discount 19% to 23%
  4. Amazing Discount 24% or more
....I didn't do very well but I think I would have gotten close to 20% during "Employee Pricing for All or another October - December time frame but with current truck climate, I'm very happy with my deal and that's all that matters. I would even go as far as to say if you exclude Big Horns, the last 12 months of % off may be slightly lower than it used to be where 17% is now 'great' instead of 19%+

Last edited:

Silent Bob

Reaction score
....I didn't do very well but I think I would have gotten close to 20% during "Employee Pricing for All or another October - December time frame but with current truck climate, I'm very happy with my deal and that's all that matters. I would even go as far as to say if you exclude Big Horns, the last 12 months of % off may be slightly lower than it used to be where 17% is now 'great' instead of 19%+

You did very well. 16.7% off on a Limited with 0% financing is great. Right now only the Big Horns large incentives will likely get you in that 19% to 23% range.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed. My credit score is over 800 and the best interest rate I can get is 2.49 for 72 months. So, in my case, 0% interest has a value of over $5K. I think it's unlikely FCA will offer an additional rebate for that amount on a Limited when my truck is delivered in May/June. I hope I'm wrong, but I certainly feel some comfort in knowing I have that locked in.
The race is on... Mine due in the same time frame!

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The race is on... Mine due in the same time frame!

Same here, mid May to early June (hopefully)...with opting for the 0% I officially end up at around 16.2% off msrp which I'm pretty happy with for a factory order on a longhorn at this time. Versus my credit unions 3.5% rate, 0% will save me about $4100. Even if I only kept the truck for 2.5 years, it would save $2700 in interest (due to how they front load interest into the beginning of loans). So rebates would have to increase quite a bit between now and then to make it more worth it than taking the 0%.

Brada

Reaction score
Posting my deal on an ordered RAM 1500 now that it is signed. I'll quote this post in June/July if for some reason rebates swing in a different direction. This is with Mark Dodge
  1. MSRP: $76,200 (Link to Build)
  2. Invoice: $69,892
  3. Incentives: FCA Affiliates, RAM Email Code (-$1000), Chrysler Capital (-$500). No sales tax in New Hampshire.
  4. $219 in Dealer Fees
  5. OTD - $63,475
  6. % off MSRP = 16.7%
  7. $ off MSRP = $12,725
While this is not an official reporting factor, I consider the $3931 in savings I'm financing with 0% interest at Chrysler Capital versus 2.4% at my local credit union to be a very under-rated incentive that people should consider. If you're going to finance at like 84 months at 2.5%-3% interest in April, you're going to save some serious cash taking advantage of 0%. I hear a credit score above 700 with a mix of income to debt ratio is necessary. This calculator can be helpful - https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/loans/auto-loans/car-loan-calculator

Huge shout out to Mark Dodge. My pool was roughly 5-6 dealers, many from this forum and a few locals. This price was a full $1500 cheaper than anyone else from the very first contact a month ago and zero hassle or pressuring in the last 4 weeks to move forward. When I was ready to move forward, the purchase & sale agreement I got within 30 minutes in addition to the lock-in on the promotions.

Looking at SilentBob's 1st post on the 'best price' thread:

Is he shipping that to you? Does he lock the incentives in New Hampshire or Louisiana ? Here in Mich we have 0% and $4000 rebates on Bighorn but dealers won’t lock the 0%

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is he shipping that to you? Does he lock the incentives in New Hampshire or Louisiana ? Here in Mich we have 0% and $4000 rebates on Bighorn but dealers won’t lock the 0%
Shipping is roughly (from any dealer I spoke to) about $1 a mile. We Love road trips and haven’t been to New Orleans or Bourbon Trail so we’re going use some airline miles and fly down one way, dealer picks us up and by then, the financing is done and I sign 2 pieces of paper and drive home over 4 days.

Rebates are based on my home, not the dealership, I locked in 0% (any dealer can, SilentBob has a thread about it here = https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...-rebates-on-factory-orders.29443/#post-415734)

When the truck Arrives, if that month’s rebates are better, I can choose to acccept those instead.

Horty222

Reaction score
What do you guys think of this lease factory order quote? 5k in rebates? Not sure how they are getting that much as I believe my ZIP is only $2750.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210318-222700_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20210318-222700_Messages.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20210318-224103_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20210318-224103_Messages.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 40

mophead

Reaction score
What do you guys think of this lease factory order quote? 5k in rebates? Not sure how they are getting that much as I believe my ZIP is only $2750.
Looks like you got 9.5% off. Did they give you a detailed lease agreement? Could you post it please? I'm thinking of leasing too.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
My Nephew asked me to assistant him in negotiating and ordering a new Lone Star 4x4 Night. The figures are looking pretty damn good. I just put everything together and sent him this.

“Target payment at 0% 72 months
$500 month = $36,000 financed
$550 month = $39,600 financed

Your build sticker price is $57,225
Targeting 20% off sticker
Dealership discount $7445
Rebate $3000
Penfed rebate $1000
= 20% off or $11445 total discount

Truck cost $45780
Figure about $3100 for TT&L and dealership doc fee

Total cost est. $48980

26% down or approximately $12,980 cash down would net your desired $500 payment. Or $9380 down would net a $550 payment.

The 26% down payment would eliminate any need for GAP insurance and would also negate any worries about ever being in a negative equity situation. The lesser down payment would also be okay, but of course, to a tighter margin.

Another factor on the plus side, the average interest rate on a 72 month new car loan for good credit is around 4.5%. The subvented 0% rate is like receiving another $5100 rebate based on a $36,000 loan. Or an on paper discount of about 29% of the sticker price of $57,225

29% off is a KILLER deal.

Plus at the end, there will be an additional $250 rebate by mail that you qualify for.

Of course these figures are subject to vary depending on the exact deal, but figure them to be a very good estimate.”

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
Anyone notice that on the ram trucks.com website when a you order Laramie, there is no charge for the Trailer Tow Group? When my order was placed they were charging $595.00 for this option. Thankfully I didn’t have to make a deposit and I am about tell the dealership that things are a no-go unless they add this. I feel that this is maybe a makeup for the Laramie 1/A change.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone notice that on the ram trucks.com website when a you order Laramie, there is no charge for the Trailer Tow Group? When my order was placed they were charging $595.00 for this option. Thankfully I didn’t have to make a deposit and I am about tell the dealership that things are a no-go unless they add this. I feel that this is maybe a makeup for the Laramie 1/A change.

There always seems to be an issue with the ramtruck site when trying to configure a truck. Always go by what the dealer sets up for ordering.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There always seems to be an issue with the ramtruck site when trying to configure a truck. Always go by what the dealer sets up for ordering.
This.
I found the same thing regarding the Trailer Tow Group being "free", but the Trailer Brake costing a couple hundred. The dealers all disagreed. ;)

Iceman6960

Reaction score
I know this has been covered before but just can't seem to locate the info. Can anyone tell me what the minimum amount that has to be financed with Chrysler Capital to get the $500 rebate? (dealer telling me $12k - that seems higher than what I remember seeing?). In addition, how long do you need to keep the loan? Pretty bad when you spend 30 minutes getting transferred 3 different times by Chrysler Capital only to walk away with zero answers to these simple questions.

rbundy84

Reaction score
Alright which one of you bought my truck from under me at Mark Dodge? 😜

2021 Laramie Max Steel with Southwest Edition and Off Road Packages. I think the online price was $48k. I have been eyeing it up for a week and was going to contact Aaron today but it is no longer on the website.

I’ll keep looking...

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Does the $46,796 include the rebate or is it $41,796 after rebate?

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
Arron at Mark CDJR came back at a $57000 MSRP I guess the $225 lower price is a package discount the ram website did not reflect. His discount of $7264 hits my estimate practically on the nose, and he is indeed able to lock in the current rebate and 0%.

Holy hell... This guy is freaking awesome.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
Arron at Mark CDJR came back at a $57000 MSRP I guess the $225 lower price is a package discount the ram website did not reflect. His discount of $7264 hits my estimate practically on the nose, and he is indeed able to lock in the current rebate and 0%.

Holy hell... This guy is freaking awesome.
Got the actual numbers. I killed the estimate.

My estimate.
Your build sticker price is $57,225
Dealership discount $7445
Rebate $3000
Penfed rebate $1000
= 20% off or $11445 total discount
Truck cost $45780

Actual MSRP $57,000
Mark CDJR discount $7264
Rebate $3000