5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

DAT84

Reaction score
I think that was a smart move. Plus you never know, they may give you a call in a few weeks and be ready to deal on your terms. I had that happen a few years ago when I was looking for a used Ford F-250. Told them where i needed to be on my trade and the OTD price and they would not deal so i walked away. about 3 weeks later i get a call and they ask if i was still interested and if so they would like to close the deal! So i went down there did the deal and got them to throw in a new Yeti 110 Cooler (they were running a promotion with them on new vehicles even though i was buying used) and a full tank of gas. They fought me more on the tank of gas than the cooler! They said we dont give full tanks of gas with used vehicles.I told them i dont drive a new to me vehicle off the lot without a full tank of gas. So they filled it up and off I went. All this is to illustrate, they need us more then we need them. Make them work for your hard earned money and make them give you a good deal. If they wont another dealer will because there are plenty of them out there.
Yep. Not to mention as @Vinnie. pointed out, they're still running to 0% for 72 for all of March. I know where I want to be payment wise (yes, I know people say not to shop based on a payment, but at 0% for 72, it is what it is), and they were $40 too high. They did mention about doing a lease, which for me might actually work out better (never done a lease before). I drive less than 10k a year and monthly payments would be way less obviously. I would have 3 years to put aside that extra money for a buyout if I love it. And if I hate it, I'm free and clear.

Chuck19

Reaction score
Yep. Not to mention as @Vinnie. pointed out, they're still running to 0% for 72 for all of March. I know where I want to be payment wise (yes, I know people say not to shop based on a payment, but at 0% for 72, it is what it is), and they were $40 too high. They did mention about doing a lease, which for me might actually work out better (never done a lease before). I drive less than 10k a year and monthly payments would be way less obviously. I would have 3 years to put aside that extra money for a buyout if I love it. And if I hate it, I'm free and clear.
If you dont drive too much leasing is absolutely a good option IMO. like you said if you love it buy it, if you hate it dump it. Might be a good alternative.

Runagun

Reaction score
Last week I bought a 2021 1500 Limited MSRP was $66.5k got it for 10% off MSRP AND 0% financing which saves me another $6-7k on interest.
0% financing meant that I could not get the $2k factory rebate as it is an exclusive OR.
I live in Southern California (Orange County).
And the dealership I went to had no BS dealer markup like paint protection and theft stuff for $2k
They had exactly the truck i wanted on their lot.
I did not get the best deal but I am satisfied the deal I got.
2021 Ram 1500 Limited Crew Cab 4X4
Granite Crystal Metallic
Customer Preferred Package 27M
3.92 Rear Axle
5.7 Hemi with eTorque
Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof
MSRP $66,580, paid $59920 + tax and registration
As long as your happy that's what counts. But your right seen them cheaper by a big margin. Good luck enjoy your truck.

BizWiz

Reaction score
I can't find where I posted my numbers:

1500 Laramie

MSRP: $74040
Sell: $63998
13.5% off MSRP

Super excited about 0% for 72 months!

No rebates or incentives.

mophead

Reaction score
Anyone want to have a crack at this? I'll assume it's fleet oriented. I'm not sure what any of it means, but I'll post it cause it's data, LOL.

Not liking the sound of this part:

1: 21MY RAM 1500 (DT) – TM Model Group is constrained on the following options.
BIGHORN / LONESTAR:
– Rambox (XB9)
– Off Road Group (AWL)
– Built-To-Serve Edition (ASG)
– 20X9.0 Aluminum Chrome Clad Wheels (WRD)
– Trailer Tow Group (AHC)
– Mopar Black Tublar Side Steps (MRU)
– Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof (GWJ)
– E-Lockwer Rear Axle (DSH)
– North Edition (ASP)
– Technology Group (ADG)
– Multifunction tailgate (MWK)
– Bed Utility Group (ANT)
– Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection (XAN)
– Tonneau cover (CS7)

Here's the link:

Chrysler Trucks (Production Updates) - Donlen

CogitoErgoLevo

Reaction score
As long as your happy that's what counts. But your right seen them cheaper by a big margin. Good luck enjoy your truck.
thank you.
Unless i missed something, I haven't seen significantly bigger discounts for limited trim in SoCal. Maybe in other states or on a different trim like longhorn.

Runagun

Reaction score
thank you.
Unless i missed something, I haven't seen significantly bigger discounts for limited trim in SoCal. Maybe in other states or on a different trim like longhorn.
Not sure of South Cali. You'd have to check with high volume dealers. I think Hemet In Riverside was offering pretty good discounts. Biggest Discounts where found from Mark Dodge in Louisiana. On Limited it was Around $15k off. If you wanted to take 0% it would have been $14koff. I Think they sold off their allotted trucks for that promotion a few days ago.

Ramtruck86

Reaction score
New incentives are live on Ramtrucks . I did not screen shot them from last month but they do appear to be the same. Possibly a little more on the Laramie.

TravisJ

Reaction score
Is there any catch getting the $4k in cash allowance outlined below that is being offered with 0% 72 months for my zip code? I have never bought a vehicle through a 0% offer that also had a cash allowance.

Midwest Chrysler Capital 2021 Bonus Cash MWCM5[1]$1,000
Chrysler Capital 2021 Bonus Cash 20CM5[2]$500
National 2021 Retail Bonus Cash 21CMA1[3]$2,500
Total Cash Allowance$4,000

GTLimited

Reaction score
Is there any catch getting the $4k in cash allowance outlined below that is being offered with 0% 72 months for my zip code? I have never bought a vehicle through a 0% offer that also had a cash allowance.

Have you tried building a truck and customizing the payments? I find that if I toggle between the 0% rate and another rate, the incentives that appear are different.

gmallare

Reaction score

I think this only applies to the Big Horn

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That was the first Ram I fell in love with, Patriot Blue with Indigo/Frost. I think it's the most elegant and cosmopolitan. Like, if I wanted to step out for valet parking in front of the opera house, this would be the right truck for it. I came very close, but the dealer was too proud and really enjoyed looking at it on their lot. In fact, it's STILL there, and has been since October.

Indigo /Frost interior is definitely super elegant and makes the truck stand apart.
My choices were the Longhorn with the Black and Saddle or the Limited with Indigo/Frost, both looked good but the Limited was more truck for the money vs the Longhorn.
By the time you option any truck up to the Limited Level 1, you've spent more than a Limited costs.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure if it has been this way the past few months, but in September and October there was another $500 rebate added to Laramie (and maybe other trims, not sure) in the middle of the month that ran until the end of the month. Something to keep an eye on if you're in the market in the next few months. Or wait until the last week of the month to order if going that route and locking in the current rebates.

WReckeR

Reaction score
Indigo /Frost interior is definitely super elegant and makes the truck stand apart.
My choices were the Longhorn with the Black and Saddle or the Limited with Indigo/Frost, both looked good but the Limited was more truck for the money vs the Longhorn.
By the time you option any truck up to the Limited Level 1, you've spent more than a Limited costs.
Yes, I have seen that on Laramies and Longhorns -- wow, that MSRP is higher than a Limited! That said, I haven't run the options on the Limited to prove it side by side.

It is a good exercise for a prospecting buyer to understand what makes a Limited a Limited, because many of its inclusions are options on lower trims. No matter how you build it, there are exclusive features on a Limited. The question is, whether they're worth it to you.

The one feature of a Limited I miss on my Laramie is the projector LED headlights, vs my reflector LEDs. These lights are great, compared to my 2001 Dakota. I'm really curious how much better the projector types are though. I didn't want the air suspension, so I don't miss that at all, and I'm happy not to have paid for it. Little doors over the coin and cup holders seems useless. The zebra striped trim is...just a style choice, along with the exclusive stitching. Non-functional. The wheels are a matter of taste as well. Ventilated back seats...I'll never use them, and I'm sure the standard A/C will be comfortable enough for my passengers. Those are the differences that stand out to me.

RDNn2jc

Reaction score
Yes, I have seen that on Laramies and Longhorns -- wow, that MSRP is higher than a Limited! That said, I haven't run the options on the Limited to prove it side by side.

It is a good exercise for a prospecting buyer to understand what makes a Limited a Limited, because many of its inclusions are options on lower trims. No matter how you build it, there are exclusive features on a Limited. The question is, whether they're worth it to you.

The one feature of a Limited I miss on my Laramie is the projector LED headlights, vs my reflector LEDs. These lights are great, compared to my 2001 Dakota. I'm really curious how much better the projector types are though. I didn't want the air suspension, so I don't miss that at all, and I'm happy not to have paid for it. Little doors over the coin and cup holders seems useless. The zebra striped trim is...just a style choice, along with the exclusive stitching. Non-functional. The wheels are a matter of taste as well. Ventilated back seats...I'll never use them, and I'm sure the standard A/C will be comfortable enough for my passengers. Those are the differences that stand out to me.
I agree with your comment about the project LED headlights vs. the reflector. I am in the market for a truck right now and this difference stands out as one of the primary reasons I would go for the limited over a different trim level. IIHS rates the reflector LEDs as marginal and the projector LEDs as good. Hopefully the deals on the Limited trim will be better in March than they were in February.

1614710997614.png

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, it's truck month! I've been wanting to order a Laramie. It's a bit frustrating to see $3K more incentives on the Big Horn versus the Laramie.

If the chip shortage meant vehicles built without something I want (BLIS?) wonder if I could put the order in and have them hold production until it could be built to exactly what I want?

Limited2021

Reaction score

dealer told me that the leather on the seats are different and you can only get them in the limited. Not really sure if its true or not but seems legit.

Users who are viewing this thread