5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Nova90

Reaction score
Thats weird - I ordered from Criswell in February. Carl got right back to me any time I emailed him. Here's the link where I found his info just in case it helps.

L2R512,

That's the email contact that I sent my build pdf. No response whatsoever. Just followed-up again with Carl.

Last edited:

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
To me, a couple advantages are a no hassle order experience, and the ability to see and test drive the truck before taking delivery.

I wouldn’t take delivery of a vehicle without doing so, so buying from afar and having it shipped is a non starter.

I ordered from Craig and confirmed their non-participation for sold order protection. Would I have looked elsewhere had I known about this beforehand? I’m not sure as the dealers in my metro NY/NJ area would’ve been a PITA do deal with overall. I’m willing to roll the dice on delivery incentives for a no haggle pricing structure and taking physical delivery at the dealer before signing the paperwork. Doesn’t hurt that my chances aren’t bad given I ordered a Bighorn.

I hear you but I had no problem going 3 states a way to look, test drive and drive back with a temp PPF on the front. I ended up buying 250 miles from home. Yeah, it took some effort, my primary and secondary dealers wouldn't meet my price, the 3rd did

Runagun

Reaction score
To me, a couple advantages are a no hassle order experience, and the ability to see and test drive the truck before taking delivery.

I wouldn’t take delivery of a vehicle without doing so, so buying from afar and having it shipped is a non starter.
I've never test drove the same place as where I bought my vehicle. The closest thing was the pacifica I got. But I already knew I was buying the vehicle even before test driving it. Thank God I've been lucky in that aspect.

L2R512

Reaction score
L2R512,

That's the email contact that I sent my build pdf. No response whatsoever. Just follow-up again with Carl.
Huh - that's really odd. Last time I heard from him was on 2/15 when he sent my POC. When did you send the first email?

Runagun

Reaction score
Think how many thousands of people are saving $500 on a Limited that are out driving around paying a full 10 grand more than many others here. Ignorance is bliss I guess.
Yeah but that's in everything tho. No matter how good of a deal we've got, someone will have gotten a better deal somewhere. As long as one is content/happy with what they have is what counts. I remember when I bought my van in 2008 if only I would have waited a month I would have gotten it $1k cheaper. Lol

L2R512

Reaction score
2/24, 2/26 and just now 3/1
Hopefully you'll hear from him soon. I'm in NJ and I cast a pretty wide net to get quotes. No one around here was within $2k of Criswell. I was only able to get one dealer to go a bit below invoice. The only other thing I can think of is to call the dealership and see if you can get him that way.

Chuck19

Reaction score
Hopefully you'll hear from him soon. I'm in NJ and I cast a pretty wide net to get quotes. No one around here was within $2k of Criswell. I was only able to get one dealer to go a bit below invoice. The only other thing I can think of is to call the dealership and see if you can get him that way.
I wouldn’t bother after all his attempts. I am in sales (not auto sales) and if someone calls or emails or texts with an inquiry about getting a quote or talking about a sale you return the call in a prompt time frame. Aaron at Mark Dodge is a prime example. Didn’t answer when I called but he responded to an email and returned my call on the same day it was placed. If the guy hasn’t gotten back with him by now he doesn’t want to work for his business. Move on!

mophead

Reaction score
I'm in NE Maryland and there doesn't seem to be any dealers close by that will deal. I was hoping Koons or Criswell would be providing prices at least close to Mark in La. when taking shipping into account. Koons was doing what was touted as rock bottom deals for Jeep Grand Cherokees about 6 years ago so I was hopeful. Looks like all us Mid Atlantic people need to negotiate a group buy with Mark Dodge and one way rent an RV to tag team drive down with a keg of beer. Be good to have help close by for the ride home too, like Smokey and the Bandit

Nova90

Reaction score
I'm in NE Maryland and there doesn't seem to be any dealers close by that will deal. I was hoping Koons or Criswell would be providing prices at least close to Mark in La. when taking shipping into account. Koons was doing what was touted as rock bottom deals for Jeep Grand Cherokees about 6 years ago so I was hopeful. Looks like all us Mid Atlantic people need to negotiate a group buy with Mark Dodge and one way rent an RV to tag team drive down with a keg of beer. Be good to have help close by for the ride home too, like Smokey and the Bandit
I was hoping to place an order this week for 2021 Rebel. It might be difficult to pull off logistically, but if a shipper was bringing a couple of trucks to the NE from Mark Dodge it might save us all some money on shipping & avoid having to deal with nonresponsive NE dealers.

Nova90

Reaction score
I wouldn’t bother after all his attempts. I am in sales (not auto sales) and if someone calls or emails or texts with an inquiry about getting a quote or talking about a sale you return the call in a prompt time frame. Aaron at Mark Dodge is a prime example. Didn’t answer when I called but he responded to an email and returned my call on the same day it was placed. If the guy hasn’t gotten back with him by now he doesn’t want to work for his business. Move on!
Totally agree. I'm in software sales and would never ignore a customer saying..."hey, I'm buying this week, how much for this build".

Still can't believe Koons would rather lose a sale vs. completing a simple form that provides some assurances to their end customer.

L2R512

Reaction score
Yeah - to be honest, I'd have probably gone with someone else if I didn't hear back, too. Just thought it was weird that our experience was so different.

mophead

Reaction score
I was hoping to place an order this week for 2021 Rebel. It might be difficult to pull off logistically, but if a shipper was bringing a couple of trucks to the NE from Mark Dodge it might save us all some money on shipping & avoid having to deal with nonresponsive NE dealers.
Wish I was that close to trigger time. I need to align a few more ducks. I'm hoping to order by May. But there are a couple others here that I think have recently ordered from up here. Might be a good idea to ask Mark Dodge??? Can't hurt.

mophead

Reaction score
Yeah - to be honest, I'd have probably gone with someone else if I didn't hear back, too. Just thought it was weird that our experience was so different.
Might be good idea to pick up the phone and call the dealership just to see if he has been in the office. Ghit happens, might be out sick or quit even. If the email is only going to him, no one else knows.

Highertechnology

Reaction score
Might be good idea to pick up the phone and call the dealership just to see if he has been in the office. Ghit happens, might be out sick or quit even. If the email is only going to him, no one else knows.

To this point however, Aaron from Mark is out sick today and still texted me back to answer my question about my order. That’s d*mn good service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Runagun

Reaction score
Still can't believe Koons would rather lose a sale vs. completing a simple form that provides some assurances to their end customer.
One thing I wasn't happy with koons. It wasn't a truck quote but a pacifica one. They discounted the price from msrp. But double dipped by adding destination charge. I didn't call them out on it. Just quietly went somewhere else.

Nova90

Reaction score
One thing I wasn't happy with koons. It wasn't a truck quote but a pacifica one. They discounted the price from msrp. But double dipped by adding destination charge. I didn't call them out on it. Just quietly went somewhere else.
Yes, Craig mentioned something like that applying to their "Wow" price in stock inventory. It didn't sound like that was the case on a factory order (6% under invoice + their excessive $899 doc fees + no willingness to fill out an incentive protection form). I've done the same when I encounter these examples of customer service...told Craig thanks & just walked away. Koons price was over $1,100 more than Mark Dodge plus I would be exposed to losing any rebates / 0% financing if those disappeared by delivery. I might have considered paying a bit more for being somewhat local, but the risk of losing the incentives completely is a ridiculous undertaking especially considering that FCA instituted a program to specifically protect their customers in the case.

Attachments

• Koons build.pdf
    350.8 KB · Views: 20

Nova90

Reaction score
To this point however, Aaron from Mark is out sick today and still texted me back to answer my question about my order. That’s d*mn good service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly, he sent me an email while he was out sick earlier today! Can't get any more responsive than that. That is the type of customer focus that deserves business in return.

dartbrooks

Reaction score
I bought from Mark Dodge and did a fly and drive. I live in Idaho and shipping was more than I was willing to pay. Plane ticket was cheap and it cost me about $300 in gas to drive home. My Laramie was the most comfortable car I've ever done a road trip in. Sound system was awesome. Cranked some good music and had a great time on the way home. I'd highly recommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread