5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Paultg

Reaction score
I've heard good things about Criswell...Koons seems to be hit or miss. Criswell also has a better deal for forum members than Koons. This seems to be mostly from guys special ordering though. Not sure about buying a truck from current stock, but I imagine they'd honor the same discount.
I think the Criswell deals apply to in stock or orders. I know when I ordered their inventory was very low, not sure what they have on allocation coming in. Be worth talking to them.
- Paul G.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
#1. Thank you for your service.
Agreed. That is some shady **** with the destination fee. I bet most people don’t even realize they are doing that. The salesman I worked with just kept getting the math wrong. I had to keep double checking the math with my phone to where he had so many scratch outs I made him start over.
You are doing what every single person who gets a buyers order from a dealer should do.

You go down, "line by line" and question EVERYTHING.

Sad to say, but i can without question say that EVERY single Buyers Order i've ever been presented with i ALWAYS caught an "error" and all they did was give me a sheepish, "oops, sorry, it was still on the screen & i forgot to add the bump for your trade or some BS" and then they fix it and I KNOW they are cussing under their breath because that just removed the $1000 or so they were trying to "slip in"....

To be fair, sometimes it is an HONEST mistake, a deal has a lot of moving parts to it & can go sideways quick, but you can't go wrong going down the order "line by line".....

Last edited:

Tonner

Reaction score
You are doing what every single person who gets a buyers order from a dealer should do.

You go down, "line by line" and question EVERYTHING.

Sad to say, but i can without question say that EVERY single Buyers Order i've ever been presented with i ALWAYS caught an "error" and all they did was give me a sheepish, "oops, sorry, it was still on the screen & i forgot to add the bump for your trade or some BS" and then they fix it and I KNOW they are cussing under their breath because that just removed the $1000 or so they were trying to "slip in"....

To be fair, sometimes it is an HONEST mistake, a deal has a lot of moving parts to it & can go sideways quick, but you can't go wrong going down the order "line by line".....
To add to that here is a heads up. I just received an email with my Von number from my dealer today and it didn’t match what I received on Friday when I ordered it. The Laramie Level 2 equipment group went up $300 from Friday. I attached the build. My dealer is calling their district manager but it sounds like regardless they are going to eat that $300. So why did it go up $300 over the weekend is the question.

Attachments

• BC616B2E-BB19-4D80-AF52-84682D68D40D.jpeg
    BC616B2E-BB19-4D80-AF52-84682D68D40D.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 67

Paultg

Reaction score
To add to that here is a heads up. I just received an email with my Von number from my dealer today and it didn’t match what I received on Friday when I ordered it. The Laramie Level 2 equipment group went up $300 from Friday. I attached the build. My dealer is calling their district manager but it sounds like regardless they are going to eat that $300. So why did it go up $300 over the weekend is the question.
When I ordered my 2020 in June the 5-passenger seat/console option was $400 less on my build sheet from the dealer than the MSRP indicated on ramtrucks.com

I think it just happens. 251438D4-E7B1-48F4-B7EF-1D3F73B7258F.jpeg 5350C8E7-D59A-44EB-B55D-B4DE6A31FE6F.jpeg

tom318

Reaction score
That’s interesting. I received my build sheet and VON today but the truck was ordered Friday. I guess I’ll see how my dealer handles this $300 increase for the level 2 packs.....my truck was order late Friday evening.

AK103

Reaction score

Click the link above and then in the upper right put your zip code, and select the year/model/make and you'll see what the rebates are for your area.

Yikes only 2k incentives on rebels.
Guess FCA isn't in a
2020 Rebel Ecodiesel
MSRP $64,895
Dealer Discount and Rebates $53,697

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which dealer?

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yikes only 2k incentives on rebels.
Guess FCA isn't in a

Which dealer?

Yeah, unfortunately Rebels are one of the trims that don’t see substantial rebates. I believe NewLove ordered his from Craig at Koons (site vendor). He got a heck of a deal on a Rebel, but I believe he ordered before Koons reduced their percentage off MSRP.

Rambunktious

Reaction score
I love your build but I didn't see the 33 gallon tank. Will yours come with the 23 or 26 gallon? I read a thread yesterday where many people were upset they didn't opt for the 33 gallon tank ahead of time and regretted not ordering it as part of their package. Just a thought.

Swampy

Reaction score
Whats the scoop on the sams club discount I keep seeing? Is that a discount that can be applied if I already ordered a truck as opposed to going through the true car site?

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just a quick question on Ram's manufacturer rebates (cash allowance). Obviously taxes, registration, etc. are determined by the location where the truck will be registered (in the case of buying out of state or the like). For the manufacturer rebates, are those also determined by where the truck will be registered? Or are they determined by the dealers location?

I'm asking because I'm looking at a truck in a neighboring state that has $1500 less in cash allowance than I do in my state. It'd be great to get that additional $1500 in rebates applied if possible.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just a quick question on Ram's manufacturer rebates (cash allowance). Obviously taxes, registration, etc. are determined by the location where the truck will be registered (in the case of buying out of state or the like). For the manufacturer rebates, are those also determined by where the truck will be registered? Or are they determined by the dealers location?

I'm asking because I'm looking at a truck in a neighboring state that has $1500 less in cash allowance than I do in my state. It'd be great to get that additional $1500 in rebates applied if possible.
To the best of my memory and pretty sure it is based on where the vehicle is registered.

Reel Irie

Reaction score
What should I be targeting for a discount on this truck?
$49,750 MSRP
Big Horn Crew 4x2 Hemi Night Edition

any input appreciated

Tonner

Reaction score
I love your build but I didn't see the 33 gallon tank. Will yours come with the 23 or 26 gallon? I read a thread yesterday where many people were upset they didn't opt for the 33 gallon tank ahead of time and regretted not ordering it as part of their package. Just a thought.
Good point. Probably the 23 but now that you mention it I might see if they can add the 26 gallon tank as it’s a free upgrade. Not sure I want to spend $444 on a gas tank though for the 33

j_drew

Reaction score
Whats the scoop on the sams club discount I keep seeing? Is that a discount that can be applied if I already ordered a truck as opposed to going through the true car site?

You will be able to enter your information on the SAM'S website and you'll get a coupon code that you can print out. You likely will not be able to apply it to an already purchased vehicle, as you may already have a contracted price. On the other hand, if the dealer said he'd apply any rebate that you're qualified for at the time of the sale / pick up, then you might be able to put that in there.

j_drew

Reaction score
What should I be targeting for a discount on this truck?
$49,750 MSRP
Big Horn Crew 4x2 Hemi Night Edition

any input appreciated

here's a quick and dirty equation that I've been using on my search. Multiply your MSRP by .92. That'll roughly give you Invoice price. This is where you should START negotiations because you can go get the Tread Lightly FCA Rewards 1% under Invoice deal.

Long method:

1) (MSRP - $1695) x .918 = Invoice (minus destination fee)
2) Invoice x .99 = 1% Under, or price of FCA Affiliate Rewards member (google search FCA Tread Lightly)
3) Subtract any rebates / incentives, add back in the $1695 destination fee, add any dealership fees
4) Calculate tax
5) Add non-taxable fees (registration, plate, etc)
6) = total cost

$49,750 MSRP and using the FCA Rewards WITHOUT any incentives = ~$45,368.
Factor tax, other fees, etc.
Out the door ~$48.5K give or take.

(Also, if someone is checking math, I'm open to hearing if I'm messing this up... lol)

Edit: Fixed destination fee.

Destination is $1,695, not $1,965.

Also, just from experience, you can typically negotiate a better deal by not using an Affiliate Rewards code (i.e. 1% under invoice). I always recommend using this as a last resort if a dealer isn't budging. By using 1% under invoice, dealers will not discount any further (other than manufacturer rebates). Sometimes you can find a dealer with a greater "dealer discount" than the difference between MSRP and 1% under invoice.

@Reel Irie where are you located? That can also play a big role in how motivated dealers are to deal.

Last edited:

Reel Irie

Reaction score
thanks -- I think there are roughly 4500 in incentives now, which would put me at $44k. Reading this thread for awhile and it sure seems people are getting better deals.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
here's a quick and dirty equation that I've been using on my search. Multiply your MSRP by .92. That'll roughly give you Invoice price. This is where you should START negotiations because you can go get the Tread Lightly FCA Rewards 1% under Invoice deal.

Long method:

1) (MSRP - $1965) x .918 = Invoice (minus destination fee)
2) Invoice x .99 = 1% Under, or price of FCA Affiliate Rewards member (google search FCA Tread Lightly)
3) Subtract any rebates / incentives, add back in the $1965 destination fee, add any dealership fees
4) Calculate tax
5) Add non-taxable fees (registration, plate, etc)
6) = total cost

$49,750 MSRP and using the FCA Rewards WITHOUT any incentives = ~$45,368.
Factor tax, other fees, etc.
Out the door ~$48.5K give or take.

(Also, if someone is checking math, I'm open to hearing if I'm messing this up... lol)

Also, just from experience, you can typically negotiate a better deal by not using an Affiliate Rewards code (i.e. 1% under invoice). I always recommend using this as a last resort if a dealer isn't budging. By using 1% under invoice, dealers will not discount any further (other than manufacturer rebates). Sometimes you can find a dealer with a greater "dealer discount" than the difference between MSRP and 1% under invoice.

@Reel Irie where are you located? That can also play a big role in how motivated dealers are to deal.

Reel Irie

Reaction score

Tampa Bay Area Florida

Users who are viewing this thread