5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Reel Irie

Reaction score
I am limiting myself somewhat as I am looking for particular model and color, I keep searching all dealers within 150 miles -- I think I have two that meet my criteria right now :-(

tom318

Reaction score
Destination is $1,695, not $1,965.

Also, just from experience, you can typically negotiate a better deal by not using an Affiliate Rewards code (i.e. 1% under invoice). I always recommend using this as a last resort if a dealer isn't budging. By using 1% under invoice, dealers will not discount any further (other than manufacturer rebates). Sometimes you can find a dealer with a greater "dealer discount" than the difference between MSRP and 1% under invoice.

@Reel Irie where are you located? That can also play a big role in how motivated dealers are to deal.

In my case on my order the dealer offered a price far below invoice. Is it worth while to present the tread lightly rewards and try to get the dealer discount + 1% off invoice?
Right now they offered full HB + additional $550. No incentives or rebates, this is a new 2021 order.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In my case on my order the dealer offered a price far below invoice. Is it worth while to present the tread lightly rewards and try to get the dealer discount + 1% off invoice?
Right now they offered full HB + additional $550. No incentives or rebates, this is a new 2021 order.

You most likely won’t get both a dealer discount and 1% under invoice. It’ll be one or the other. So if I understand you correctly, on your 2021, they offered you invoice minus holdback minus an additional $550? If so, you are well beyond where just the 1% under invoice would get you. I’d stick with what you already have. Plus you’ll be getting any manufacturer rebates on top of that.

j_drew

Reaction score
I am limiting myself somewhat as I am looking for particular model and color, I keep searching all dealers within 150 miles -- I think I have two that meet my criteria right now :-(

I'm in South Florida and I can attest that it's a pain looking for cars here.

I've had almost no responses from any dealer on the West Coast, other than Galeana Automotive Group and Dayton Andrews St Petersburg. Both didn't have the model I was looking for, but we're quick to respond.

In Orlando, I've reached out to Airport Dodge (great responses from Erik, didn't have the model I was looking for) and Greenway. Greenway had the exact build I was looking for, but the sales person, Justin, never returned my calls after I emailed / called for price quote.

I have yet to hear back from these South Florida dealerships: Arrigo, University, Aventura, Schumacher, Napleton.

Swampy

Reaction score

You will be able to enter your information on the SAM'S website and you'll get a coupon code that you can print out. You likely will not be able to apply it to an already purchased vehicle, as you may already have a contracted price. On the other hand, if the dealer said he'd apply any rebate that you're qualified for at the time of the sale / pick up, then you might be able to put that in there.

Awesome, I’ll have to test the waters. When I ordered I was told I could use rebates from time I placed the order or the time I took delivery so hopefully it works. I just wasn’t sure if it was even usable on a custom ordered vehicle. I’ll update if my truck ever comes in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Venom700

Reaction score
Yes you should ask. Even if they give you just .5% of it. They get reimbursed for this from what I can tell so it’s not like they will be losing more money by applying it.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What should I be targeting for a discount on this truck?
$49,750 MSRP
Big Horn Crew 4x2 Hemi Night Edition

any input appreciated
My Bighorn MSRP was $49865 with $5000 in rebates the price was $41,000. BUT tire and doc fee was $505.50 which brought it to 41,505.50. The doc fee is dealer BS. In NYS it is limited to $75.00, however I purchased in NJ which can charge what they want I guess. My original order sheet lists doc fee as $498.00. It's going on 2 years since I did my shopping, somewhere there is a listing of state doc fees and I believe someone may have posted it.
I visited/shopped 9 dealerships in NJ and I did not find the sales people / dealers all that hungry to negotiate.

I think the only way to get to "what should I be targeting" is to shop.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just a quick question on Ram's manufacturer rebates (cash allowance). Obviously taxes, registration, etc. are determined by the location where the truck will be registered (in the case of buying out of state or the like). For the manufacturer rebates, are those also determined by where the truck will be registered? Or are they determined by the dealers location?

I'm asking because I'm looking at a truck in a neighboring state that has $1500 less in cash allowance than I do in my state. It'd be great to get that additional $1500 in rebates applied if possible.

100% based on where you register not where you buy.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Question for all,

So while continuing my shopping around(yeah I'm taking my sweet time) I stumbled on the "off-road group" package. This package is only $795.

Is it a true comparison that this matches up closely to a rebel which is roughly $8k more.?

Just wanted to see if its worth while for some light off-road travels. Is it a big difference?

P.s. would anybody know what customer preferred package code number/letter it would be...so i can do a search? I see customer preferred package 25Z..but that is for higher trim levels that are over $50k. Definately not looking for anything that high. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Jeepdinger

Reaction score
Question for all,

So while continuing my shopping around(yeah I'm taking my sweet time) I stumbled on the "off-road group" package. This package is only $795.

Is it a true comparison that this matches up closely to a rebel which is roughly $8k more.?

Just wanted to see if its worth while for some light off-road travels. Is it a big difference?

P.s. would anybody know what customer preferred package code number/letter it would be...so i can do a search? I see customer preferred package 25Z..but that is for higher trim levels that are over $50k. Definately not looking for anything that high. Thanks.

This should be a 1" factory lift, some heavy duty shocks, skid plates under truck, and some 4x4 stickers. Whether this helps you, depends on what you need for off-road. You should also be able to get a mopar 2" lift which dealer can install. Or go higher aftermarket.

tom318

Reaction score
Question for all,

On one of my build sheets for a 2021 Laramie it was sales code AWL. Not sure that's helpful. I originally had it on my build but dropped it to save some $$ and it added considerable weight to the truck from what other say. Now that I revisited this, it also says it comes with a full size spare......does that mean any ram 1500 without the off-road group doesn't have a full size spare? I may end up adding it back.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there any details on what those heavy duty shocks might be?

If anyone have the "off road package" just wanted to see if their fox, bilstein, rancho shocks.

Jeepdinger

Reaction score
Is there any details on what those heavy duty shocks might be?

If anyone have the "off road package" just wanted to see if their fox, bilstein, rancho shocks.

I know there is some discussion on this topic over in the suspension threads. Search there.

Rambunktious

Reaction score
To add to that here is a heads up. I just received an email with my Von number from my dealer today and it didn’t match what I received on Friday when I ordered it. The Laramie Level 2 equipment group went up $300 from Friday. I attached the build. My dealer is calling their district manager but it sounds like regardless they are going to eat that $300. So why did it go up $300 over the weekend is the question.
Hey Tonner,
On your POC, you are showing the ADG Technology Group Package. Is that the Technology Package that contains the Heads Up Display, CHMSL, and auto-dimming rear view mirror? The article about the 2021 Ram 1500's getting smarter indicates that the ADG technology package includes those items, but I wanted to confirm with you that you are getting those things as part of your order.
Thanks!

Fozzy86

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I am looking at a 2020 Bighorn Crew 4x4 with the 5.7 Etorque. It is a night edition with led group, bed utility group, blind spot and Level 2. Only thing it doesn't have is Alpine Audio. MSRP $53,835. Getting it for $42,800 and OTD for $44,000. What does everyone think about this? Thanks!

Traderjose

Reaction score
I'm in South Florida and I can attest that it's a pain looking for cars here.

I've had almost no responses from any dealer on the West Coast, other than Galeana Automotive Group and Dayton Andrews St Petersburg. Both didn't have the model I was looking for, but we're quick to respond.

In Orlando, I've reached out to Airport Dodge (great responses from Erik, didn't have the model I was looking for) and Greenway. Greenway had the exact build I was looking for, but the sales person, Justin, never returned my calls after I emailed / called for price quote.

I have yet to hear back from these South Florida dealerships: Arrigo, University, Aventura, Schumacher, Napleton.
In the same boat. Was dealing with Autonation but they won’t budge on price. Arrigo is the worst. It’s like no one wants to sell cars these days in South Florida.

Tonner

Reaction score
Hey Tonner,
On your POC, you are showing the ADG Technology Group Package. Is that the Technology Package that contains the Heads Up Display, CHMSL, and auto-dimming rear view mirror? The article about the 2021 Ram 1500's getting smarter indicates that the ADG technology package includes those items, but I wanted to confirm with you that you are getting those things as part of your order.
Thanks!
That’s correct MCRider, The technology group contains those 3 items. This is why I believe the 2021s are coming with the uconnect 5. The heads up display is powered by the uconnect system. It wouldn’t make any sense for FCA to have a heads up display powered by an old OS and turn right around and code it again for the android OS in less than a year. Also it’s confirmed that the new Durango is coming with Uconnect 5 and orders for that started the beginning of July.

Paultg

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I am looking at a 2020 Bighorn Crew 4x4 with the 5.7 Etorque. It is a night edition with led group, bed utility group, blind spot and Level 2. Only thing it doesn't have is Alpine Audio. MSRP $53,835. Getting it for $42,800 and OTD for $44,000. What does everyone think about this? Thanks!
$42,800 is about 21% off that MSRP #. That’s a good deal right now.
What’s is the $1200 for OTD? Make sure it’s not extra stuff you don’t need/want. Should be state taxes and title/reg fees only.

Fozzy86

Reaction score
$42,800 is about 21% off that MSRP #. That’s a good deal right now.
What’s is the $1200 for OTD? Make sure it’s not extra stuff you don’t need/want. Should be state taxes and title/reg fees only.
Good Morning, yeah the 1200 is basically tax,doc fee and govt fees. I'm trading in a car which helps offset my taxes here in PA. I felt this seemed like a good deal. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread