5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

tom318

Reaction score
when i inquired about ordering a 2020 Rebel last week, they said it will be a 2021
differences: heads up display, camera as a rear view mirror, and black appearance package was night package
im sure there are other differences as well, but so far this is what I know based on my desired build

Were you able to tell if the heads up display part of a new package or added to an existing? When I looked to order a Laramie, i didn't see anything new at the time. It was early last week.

rgreener77

Reaction score
when i inquired about ordering a 2020 Rebel last week, they said it will be a 2021
differences: heads up display, camera as a rear view mirror, and black appearance package was night package
im sure there are other differences as well, but so far this is what I know based on my desired build
damnit! If they have heads up display in the Limiteds I'm going to be pissed I didn't wait!

beemerb0y

Reaction score
Were you able to tell if the heads up display part of a new package or added to an existing? When I looked to order a Laramie, i didn't see anything new at the time. It was early last week.
stand alone option

beemerb0y

Reaction score
stand alone option

Heads up display will only available on Limited, Longhorn and Laramies at first.
i was building a 2021 rebel and they had this option, production would start in couple weeks and be here in 8-12 weeks

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh man. You guys are master negotiators. I wish I had some of the patience you guys have. In the next year I’m going to be reaching out to dealers for a ram. My first big decision is to either lease or buy...but negotiations is not my biggest strong suit.

Think of me as the George McFly when it comes to talking to sales (aka biff).

Do you think that if I do my negotiations online...I can hold them accountable...when I show up to visit? I’m more comfortable that way.

**past owner of a 2012 Ram 1500**

FTRO

Reaction score
Do you think that if I do my negotiations online...I can hold them accountable...when I show up to visit? I’m more comfortable that way.

I would surely hope so.
This is what I am doing at this very moment. We agreed on a price, what my trade is worth (I emailed pics),
and they fully know I am not paying for any add-on warranties, protection packages, or gap insurance.
I filled out their online credit application... Since I will finance through Chrysler (only just over $10,000 since that's the min.) to get the $1,500 more in rebates.
Then I will refinance with local bank a few weeks later for much better interest rates.

The truck should be there from the local rail yard any day now. They will call when wheels hit the ground and I will drive 3 hrs up there to finalize paperwork and pick it up... for the 3 hr trip back.
Granted, all of this has been done with no signing of anything. Just a couple handfuls of emails back and forth. I guess if someone walked in and offered them more $$ than the deal we agreed on, they could sell it, I could do nothing about it. But at this point that would be awfully shady in my mind.

EJ84

Reaction score
Is it common for a dealer to refuse to communicate thru email?

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score

According to sources such as 5thGenRams and the YouTube video posted by a Ram Dealer in Arizona, it will be a part of a new package. The Technology Group (ADG) will include: 1) Heads-Up Display; 2) LED Center High-Mount Stop Lamp (3rd Brake Light) with Camera(s); and 3) Rear View Digital Display Mirror.

That being said, it could be that Ram will offer some of these as stand-alone options... well the only really stand-alone option would be the Heads-Up Display since the Digital Rear View Mirror would need the new 3rd Brake Light to function as intended. In the YouTube video, there was no mention of any of these being offered as stand alone options and the Technology Group would only be offered on the Laramie, Laramie Longhorn, and Limited (they tried to build a Big Horn with it and couldn't).

There's still a lot to learn with the 2021's so we'll just have to hang tight until everything is officially announced (which will hopefully be soon). It sounds like these new options/packages were just pushed out to the dealers late last week, so I'm sure they're still figuring out what options/package can and can't be ordered on the different trim levels.

Update: It appears the Technology Group can only be ordered on Laramie's with the Laramie Level 2 Package.

Last edited:

FTRO

Reaction score
Is it common for a dealer to refuse to communicate thru email?
Just my experience these past 8 weeks has shown what individual dealerships are really like.
Granted, dealing only with the one person gave the whole place the reputation I perceived.
I emailed 10+ different dealers about a Big Horn Quad cab....
5 or 6 ignored and or never even responded (got the auto generated reply but never heard from again)
2 was straight away the typical "South Broadway Sleazy Used car dealer" type. (The website showed the truck in transit but clicking on that trucks info page said it just showed up and was on the lot. Long story short, it took 4 emails for him to answer my simple question of... Do you have the truck in person? All he kept responding with was if I was trading in, How much did I want payments to be, and finally he would tell me he had the truck if I gave him my cell phone number. HAHAHAHA)
And 2 keep emailing info on the truck I'm interested in (but it was the wrong truck and nothing like I asked about) Finally had to Spam block them.

I did have a couple that were great communicating with...
One was a Rich "RW" Wiesner @ Glendale Chrysler Jeep in St. Louis, MO
And the people at Olathe Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram in Olathe, KS

tom318

Reaction score
According to sources such as 5thGenRams and the YouTube video posted by a Ram Dealer in Arizona, it will be a part of a new package. The Technology Group (ADG) will include: 1) Heads-Up Display; 2) LED Center High-Mount Stop Lamp (3rd Brake Light) with Camera(s); and 3) Rear View Digital Display Mirror.

That being said, it could be that Ram will offer some of these as stand-alone options... well the only really stand-alone option would be the Heads-Up Display since the Digital Rear View Mirror would need the new 3rd Brake Light to function as intended. In the YouTube video, there was no mention of any of these being offered as stand alone options and the Technology Group would only be offered on the Laramie, Laramie Longhorn, and Limited (they tried to build a Big Horn with it and couldn't).

There's still a lot to learn with the 2021's so we'll just have to hang tight until everything is officially announced (which will hopefully be soon). It sounds like these new options/packages were just pushed out to the dealers late last week, so I'm sure they're still figuring out what options/package can and can't be ordered on the different trim levels.

Makes sense. Ill just have to wait till they officially release it. I don't want to miss out on any possible options by jumping the gun. I doubt it will change the delivery date much either whether i order today or in a week if they aren't starting production for a few weeks anyway. I hope the HUD is available as stand alone and not crazy $$$$. The rear view mirror acting as a display is not for me. My buddies escalade has it and he turned it off day one and hasn't been on since. It was very confusing because it would still lightly reflect but then have the display as well so it would mess with your head in certain lighting conditions.

Boston

Reaction score
I’d love to see A brighter metallic red. Not as crazy as hydro blue, but something with more life than Delmonica. Ford’s Rapid Red is nice.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’d love to see A brighter metallic red. Not as crazy as hydro blue, but something with more life than Delmonica. Ford’s Rapid Red is nice.

I wholeheartedly agree with this, probably would have bought red if it was something fords or camarys dark metallic red. Delmonico red is just too dark

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Jeep’s new Snazzberry looks really good.

Paultg

Reaction score
I just bought my Limited, and was able to get Gap insurance for about 5 bucks a month, not something I normally worry about, but on a 70k truck seemed like a solid play and reasonable cost.
Call your auto insurance company and ask for the cost to add it. It might be $5/year. I never do that through the dealer or through financing.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Call your auto insurance company and ask for the cost to add it. It might be $5/year. I never do that through the dealer or through financing.
Never thought of that until now. Nice job...because its another dealer cash cow...and roll it into the financing stuff.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
stand alone option

According to several sources including an article here on this forum, it's part of the "Technology Package". Here's what new I've seen.

Trailer Tow Group (AHC)
- Trailer Light Check (JJ1)
- Trailer Brake Control (XHC)
- Trailer Reverse Steering Control (XA1)
- Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring (XG9)

Power Fold Trailer Tow Mirrors (GP2)

Technology Group (ADG)
- Heads-up Display (LBK)
- LED CHMSL Lamp (LPH)
- Rear View Autodim Digital Display Mirror (GRG)

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Crazy right? Same story we keep hearing from others too. While it is somewhat location based we still hear it from folks all over. It really makes you wonder how much profit these dealers actually make. Small Inventory, but still just sitting and they don’t even bat an eye.

I assume dealers have to pay FCA for these lot vehicles within 30 days of delivery. Maybe they don’t have to until they sell? Not sure how that works.
And it seems to me they prob make more money/profit on the sale when the FCA rebate/incentives are better.
Make you wonder if all the dealers have filed, "business interruption" claims with their insurance and so they could care less.... I don't know the specifics if they are, but i know that kind of insurance exists and i can't come up with ANY other reason why they are so passive.... in my own experience i have N-E-V-E-R seen or heard of such dealer's attitudes" like i have these past few months... You'd think they'd be "chompin' at the bit" and instead i hear so many stories of their COMPLETE indifference..... don't know what else it could be....

Last edited:

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i think it was called Atlantic Blue Pearl : )

Atlantic Blue was never available on the 4th Gen or 5th Gen Rams. Ram (Dodge at that time) stopped offering that color in 2006. After Atlantic Blue (3rd Gens), came Electric Blue (3rd Gens), then Deep Water Blue (3rd and 4th Gens), then Blue Streak (4th and 5th Gens), and now Hydro Blue (5th Gens).

Edit: Ram offered a limited edition "Ceramic Blue" in 2015.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
ah ok, i knew it was in there somewhere : )

i loved loved LOVED that flat ceramic blue color with all the black accents / badging but my husband talked me out it. and then ***poof**** it was gone...grrrrr

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/