5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
So... on 6/30 I signed a contract for a 2020 1500 Limited for $7000 off MSRP + rebates/incentives at the time of delivery. Or at least my contract says it was a 2020. Today my dealer gives me my VIN number and it looks like a 2021 to me 1C6SRFPTXMN500... It will be interesting to see if they honor my contract that says 2020 not 2021.

Yeah since you have a VIN and the 10th digit is a "M" that would be a 2021. A dealer's discount can be had at any time and has nothing to do with rebates so your's is a 2021 which just means a few months until delivery if you believe the statements that they aren't going to start building them until 31 August then delivery time.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Sounds like you're going to have to weigh buying now and paying a higher price vs. ordering and waiting and paying a somewhat lower price.

That being said, just in the last few days, there has been a huge increase in trucks leaving the factory. So with inventories increasing you might be able to a) find a 2020 that matches what you're looking for; and b) find a dealer who is willing to deal.

I've been doing a nationwide search for a truck, and have been doing a daily search. With this search, I've also been tracking inventory levels. My search parameters are a Big Horn with the Built-to-Serve Package. As you can see from the graph below, just within the last three days there has been a steady increase in trucks matching my search query being built and populating the Ram Inventory system.

Let me just caution you that unless things have changed, back in 2014 when I ordered my Longhorn, it showed up on the Ram site in a search as an In Transit vehicle but it was clearly "not for sale" as it was my truck I ordered and as such, never appeared on the dealer's website. I've already seen several "In Transit" on Ram's site and then when I cross-reference the dealer's site, they're not on there at all which indicates to me that they're sold orders that are finally being built so "inventory" levels may not be what they seem so be sure to cross-reference the dealer's sites once you find them listed on Ram's site.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Let me just caution you that unless things have changed, back in 2014 when I ordered my Longhorn, it showed up on the Ram site in a search as an In Transit vehicle but it was clearly "not for sale" as it was my truck I ordered and as such, never appeared on the dealer's website. I've already seen several "In Transit" on Ram's site and then when I cross-reference the dealer's site, they're not on there at all which indicates to me that they're sold orders that are finally being built so "inventory" levels may not be what they seem so be sure to cross-reference the dealer's sites once you find them listed on Ram's site.

I understand that. My main point with this is to show that the factory seems to be increasing the number of units that are being produced. This is to hopefully show to the members that are looking for trucks, but don't necessarily want to order a 2021, that 1) the factory is still producing 2020s with increasing production numbers; 2) inventory levels will hopefully be increasing across the nation which will hopefully result in dealers being willing to "deal" again; and 3) just because a 2020 isn't showing up at this time that checks all their boxes, there is still a chance that one might show up over the next month or so.

And while I completely agree with your statement, and have experienced that myself in the past, the majority of the trucks in my current search that I have cross-referenced are showing up on the dealer's webpage.

rgreener77

Reaction score
Now they pulled back on my deal "incentives changed after 4th". $1,500 more than a week ago OTD. Think he just made my decision for me. Sadly

Paultg

Reaction score
So... on 6/30 I signed a contract for a 2020 1500 Limited for $7000 off MSRP + rebates/incentives at the time of delivery. Or at least my contract says it was a 2020. Today my dealer gives me my VIN number and it looks like a 2021 to me 1C6SRFPTXMN500... It will be interesting to see if they honor my contract that says 2020 not 2021.
That’s interesting. If they sat on the paperwork and didn’t order it quickly maybe FCA stopped 2020 orders on 7/1? Be a bummer if they tell you your truck doesn’t qualify for the rebates now that it’s a 2021. You might want to ask.

UDCentaur

Reaction score
Just got my 2020 Laramie this week - MSRP 56k...got it for 46k (18% off) (plus TTL minus trade)

I learned a lot on here prior to going to the dealership! Thanks to all for keeping updated information on this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OgieOgletorp

Reaction score
Allen Mello in Nashua, NH has pretty straightforward pricing. Purchasing a Bighorn w/ 50,400 MSRP for 40,030. Worth checking if in the area for a hassle free buy at 20% less than MSRP. Seem to have a lot of trucks on the lot.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looks like I've come to an agreement and will be picking up my new truck this week. MSRP $64,480, paying $54,7 out the door

110dff8d8cc826c817b02a0953cb22b9x.jpg
4a02560f9e6c89e8b3224457b2b9a24fx.jpg

2020 Level 1 Limited 4x2 3:21, Pano, 5.7 eTorque.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Looks like I've come to an agreement and will be picking up my new truck this week. MSRP $64,480, paying $54,7 out the door

Congrats I know you’ve been trying/waiting for awhile like me! What was your price before rebates (dealer discount)?

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Love the light color seats! That’s an rare Unicorn in my neck of the woods!

Skater

Reaction score

Beautiful interior there.

BowDown

Reaction score
Congrats I know you’ve been trying/waiting for awhile like me! What was your price before rebates (dealer discount)?

$55,250
All FCA dealers were absolutely asses to deal with. My dealer didn't have a truck but tried to get it from another dealer. That dealer wouldn't trade with them claiming they had a buyer. I had 3 more backup trucks and tried to let the dealer work at. The dealers with the trucks wouldn't let any of them go. I got to my third back up truck at a dealer in Georgetown and the dealer I used and the fleet manger in Georgetown happened to be friends and he got the deal done. When I'd try to buy direct, the dealers had crazy add-ons, one Boerne (pronounced Bernie) had 8k in add-ons.

Rebate shows $3750 and I got $2000 in RAM coupons.
I used a broker that I've bought cars through, they own 4 stars in Henrietta TX and did the stock transfer. That's the only way I could get past the BS. I've bought an Audi A6 and a Jag XF thru them, looks like they gave me their cost

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
$55,250
All FCA dealers were absolutely asses to deal with. One dealer didn't have a truck but try to get it from another dealer. That dealer wouldn't trade with him claiming they had a buyer. Found more and trucks and tried to let the dealer to do it and the dealers with the trucks wouldn't let them go. I got to my third back up truck at a dealer in Georgetown and the dealer I use and the fleet manger in Georgetown happened to be friends and he got the deal done. When I'd try to buy direct, the dealers had crazy add-ons, one Boerne (pronounced Bernie) had 8k in add-ons.

Rebate shows $3750 and I got $2000 in RAM coupons.
I used a broker that I've bought cars through, they own 4 stars in Henrietta TX and did the stock transfer. That's the only way I could get past the BS

$3750? I am in TX (SA) and rebates show ($1500 not including $500 Chrysler Capital). I can get another $1000 with USAA but that’s still only $2500. Boerne is a joke. They play bait and switch and up-charge games. I dealt with their Sales Manager and she told me she only talks numbers on the showroom floor and I threw COVID back in her face and their “on-line” experience....needless to say avoid that place at all costs lol.

BowDown

Reaction score
Love the light color seats! That’s an rare Unicorn in my neck of the woods!

Theres at least 3 more in TX, one in Lawton Ok and 1 at Salsbury in Louisiana then theres a Patriot Blue and a Black one in Houston and about 3 Ivory tri-coats in Temole Tx

BowDown

Reaction score
$3750? I am in TX (SA) and rebates show ($1500 not including $500 Chrysler Capital). I can get another $1000 with USAA but that’s still only $2500. Boerne is a joke. They play bait and switch and up-charge games. I dealt with their Sales Manager and she told me she only talks numbers on the showroom floor and I threw COVID back in her face and their “on-line” experience....needless to say avoid that place at all costs lol.

Boerne was the worst I've ever seen, $700 for wheel locks, $700 for tint, $2500 paint protection, $2000 fabric protection.
I don't know how they got to $3750 on rebates, RiverOaks had $4000 in rebates but he used coupons.
I'm a small business owner which adds $500 and there was another obscure rebate I dont remember. They pulled out Ram coupons when you get close or they think you're close. The Ram coupons made a big difference

ckwolfe11

Reaction score
Went ahead with the build route on a Longhorn, I will say that Benson CDJR in Greer, SC was one of the few who wanted my business and felt they were honest. Just over 10% off MSRP on the 2021 model . I wanted the Walnut Brown exterior but it's not continued for 2021 apparently. Went with the Max Steel. Now let's hope rebates are good when I get it but I'm not holding my breath lol.

kwilson0288

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea as to when we'll actually see the build options and pricing for 2021's? I've heard of dealers having this already and if production starts at the end of August, it has to be soon, right? I've found a 2020 Rebel currently in transit to a local dealer and before I even start a discussion with them, it would put my mind at ease knowing what a 2021 build would look like in terms of options and cost.

FTRO

Reaction score
I've heard of dealers having this already and if production starts at the end of August, it has to be soon, right? it would put my mind at ease knowing what a 2021 build would look like in terms of options and cost.
11 days ago my local dealer was informed they could order ten MY 2021's for their lot. It was mainly basic options, no special editions, no extra colors, and still no pricing... even for a customer wanting to build up a '21.
From what I've read, fleet orders where starting to be taken 3 days ago (8th) but still shows production doesn't start until 8/31. (granted fleet orders also don't include special editions ect. normally) I would think with the F150 info out, Rams '21 specs should be any day now.

Users who are viewing this thread