5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea as to when we'll actually see the build options and pricing for 2021's? I've heard of dealers having this already and if production starts at the end of August, it has to be soon, right? I've found a 2020 Rebel currently in transit to a local dealer and before I even start a discussion with them, it would put my mind at ease knowing what a 2021 build would look like in terms of options and cost.

As far as pricing, a dealer told me expect a 10% increase

jbdan

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea as to when we'll actually see the build options and pricing for 2021's? I've heard of dealers having this already and if production starts at the end of August, it has to be soon, right? I've found a 2020 Rebel currently in transit to a local dealer and before I even start a discussion with them, it would put my mind at ease knowing what a 2021 build would look like in terms of options and cost.
I saw this earlier tonight. No pricing

yosh bagosh

Reaction score
Not sure if this belongs here but there's a bunch of used Laramie double cabs with 15k miles at my local dealer with $30500 asking price. I'm going to check them out tomorrow and was wondering what I should offer.

DutchyM

Reaction score
After quite a bit of searching I bit the bullet. Drove from NY to NH to get it. Awesome dealership, gave me a great price for my 2016 1500. Not a big fan of white and wanted new, but could not justify the way things currently are and want to get some camping in this summer!

2019 2500 Big Horn Hemi.
Level 2, Bed and Led group, running boards, 20" wheels. Perfect condition.
Used, 7,000 miles.

MSRP - $55,515
Paid - $41,000
bcee8bfb0505ee189d4e4832c725d4a3.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they have some new colors for the 2021’s?..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I knew about all those except the HUD , Id like to have the CHSL, but the rest doesn't much interest me. The HUD I know I wouldn't use, I have it in my Z06 and never look at it

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score

Knew about some of that but the HUD...wow stoked for that! The rearview mirror cam will be awesome too. They took the best parts of the Sierra’s Tech Package and incorporated them into the Ram. Definitely waiting on the 2021s now for sure.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they have some new colors for the 2021’s?..

Unknown at this point. I did leave that question for the salesman who posted that YouTube video, but he did not answer.

I'm hoping for some changes. Ram's been running with the same color palette (granted, there have been some minor changes over the last couple years)...we need some new exciting colors. One that I'm really hoping for is the Ceramic/Destroyer Gray. I know it's being offered on the limited edition Built-to-Serves, but hopefully it'll make it to Ram's regular lineup. Almost every manufacturer has this flat gray available these days.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Unknown at this point. I did leave that question for the salesman who posted that YouTube video, but he did not answer.

I'm hoping for some changes. Ram's been running with the same color palette (granted, there have been some minor changes over the last couple years)...we need some new exciting colors. One that I'm really hoping for is the Ceramic/Destroyer Gray. I know it's being offered on the limited edition Built-to-Serves, but hopefully it'll make it to Ram's regular lineup. Almost every manufacturer has this flat gray available these days.

I would love to see Slate Blue from the Jeep Grand Cherokee (also called Reactor Blue on the Durango).

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would love to see Slate Blue from the Jeep Grand Cherokee (also called Reactor Blue on the Durango).

Yes, the Slate Blue is very nice. I also wish Ram would have offered Jeep's Ocean Blue (Wranglers) instead of Hydro Blue. Hydro Blue is just a little too bright in my opinion. Ocean Blue reminds me of Deep Water Blue which was available when the 5th gens first came out. I believe it was only available 2009-2011 before it was replaced with Blue Streak.

dmax4me

Reaction score
When I did my Longhorn build Saturday, no new colors and they took the Walnut color away for 2021.
So the two-tone with the Walnut Brown on the bottom is gone? I hope they bring back the gold. I want to order a Longhorn but I'm waiting to see what the colors may change too. I have an email into Carl to see if he has any news yet.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It was reported last week that the dealer ordering systems might not be 100% accurate in terms of the 2021s as Ram/FCA hasn’t opened all new options/packages/colors/etc. With the announcement of the new option packages yesterday, it could very well be that the ordering systems are now 100% online.

That being said, we won’t know for sure until the 2021 specs are officially released, which will hopefully be soon since dealers can now order and a lot of information is already out.

Bulldawg23

Reaction score
I’m driving 8 today to pick up a 2020 Laramie. We’ve agreed on price and everything. What should I look out for once I head to the finance managers office? This is my first time buying new. Is there anything they’ll offer that I should get or just pass on everything they try on me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m driving 8 today to pick up a 2020 Laramie. We’ve agreed on price and everything. What should I look out for once I head to the finance managers office? This is my first time buying new. Is there anything they’ll offer that I should get or just pass on everything they try on me?

A couple things..

1) Make sure they don't try to throw in any "dealer add-on's" at the last minute (VIN etching, nitrogen-filled tires, alarm systems, etc.).
2) The only thing I would possibly entertain in the Finance Office is a Mopar Extended Warranty (if you want it). But if you want to do this, look at Zeigler to get a quote. See if the Finance Office will match the quote, if not, pass and just get it through Zeigler.
Here's a thread on the Mopar Warranties purchased through Zeigler. Look at the last page for a discount code to get an additional discount if ordered through Zeigler. https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...uy-from-local-dealer.6878/page-13#post-304556

If they try to pitch you any extended warranty, make sure it is Mopar. Some dealerships offer an extended warranty through a third party.

Lastly, just take the time to read through the contract to make sure everything makes sense and all the numbers add up!

rgreener77

Reaction score
I just bought my Limited, and was able to get Gap insurance for about 5 bucks a month, not something I normally worry about, but on a 70k truck seemed like a solid play and reasonable cost.

TAL2GK

Reaction score
Dealers typically make more money in the finance office than they do in the upfront sales team, FWIW. If you are getting a loan, ask what the "buy rate" of your loan is. Often your buy rate will be marked up a point or two so the dealer makes money on your loan, as well. This is why its good to have your own financing in place if, for nothing else, a reference. I often tell the dealer I'll let them make some money on the back end if they save me some money on the front end ... then pay off the loan in six months (or refinance). That way they make money from the bank but you aren't hurt too much on the extra interest rate.

beemerb0y

Reaction score
when i inquired about ordering a 2020 Rebel last week, they said it will be a 2021
differences: heads up display, camera as a rear view mirror, and black appearance package was night package
im sure there are other differences as well, but so far this is what I know based on my desired build

Users who are viewing this thread