5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Atlantic Blue was never available on the 4th Gen or 5th Gen Rams. Ram (Dodge at that time) stopped offering that color in 2006. After Atlantic Blue (3rd Gens), came Electric Blue (3rd Gens), then Deep Water Blue (3rd and 4th Gens), then Blue Streak (4th and 5th Gens), and now Hydro Blue (5th Gens).

Edit: Ram offered a limited edition "Ceramic Blue" in 2015.

ah ok, dint realize it was that long ago...

i loved LOVED love that Ceramic Blue with all the black badging - My husband talked me out of that color and then next thing i knew ***poof*** it was gone : (

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ah ok, i knew it was in there somewhere : )

i loved loved LOVED that flat ceramic blue color with all the black accents / badging but my husband talked me out it. and then ***poof**** it was gone...grrrrr

No worries! That Ceramic Blue was a nice color! I’m hoping the same doesn’t happen with the Ceramic Gray that Ram is offering in the limited edition Built-to-Serve trucks. Hopefully it won’t be just a one and done offering of the color, and they’ll eventually add it to their regular color line-up.

The Hydro Blue was first offered in 2018 on the 4th Gens as a limited edition package and now it’s one of their regular colors, so there’s hope the same will happen with Ceramic Gray.

GearHead71

Reaction score
I liked the 2019 Blue Streak better than the 2020 hydro blue. I had a Wrangler in hydro blue which I liked but the blue streak looked better on the trucks to me. Wish that was an option for 2020/2021

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
i don't much care for the gray, too in between a color for me, if it were lighter maybe... Found this image of the Ceramic Blue... made me think of what coulda been if not for hubby (once again) talkin' me outta sumpin' i wanted....lol

ceramic blue.png

cowboy99

Reaction score
This forum has been great. A lot of info on this thread but worth the read. I've been looking for a 1500 for the past month and I've had similar experiences with FCA dealers being DB's. Refusing to answer basic questions. Slow to respond. Playing games. Absolutely no wiggle room on pricing, etc. I've been looking for a diesel Laramie since I commute 90 mi round trip on the highway. There doesn't seem to be many diesels out there but it looks like some dealers have stock and they're all black or white and have the exact same build and MSRP. I guess the factory was running a special on these and high volume dealers snagged them. Besides these, I haven't seen many other diesels. Almost like there's a hold on them and what's on the lots is it for a while.

Anyway, I found a dealer with the best price and they've been very responsive. It has what I'm looking for so I'm good with the options

2020 Larmie 4x4 white
Diesel
Level 1
20" wheels
Leather bucket seats, black. (I'd prefer indigo but that's a real unicorn)
12" Uconnect

$59,410 MSRP (includes $1695 destination fee)
$48,086 Dealer price, including $500 chrysler finance rebate plus $125 doc fee & $134 out of state titling company fee (3rd party files for out of state customers)

They're 2k less than anyone else @ $47,827 (without fees) so I'm at 20% off MSRP. It sounds like that's a decent deal in normal times, but it looks like they're giving a great price considering how hard it is to find what I want and the BS other dealers are giving. Only drawback is it's a 7 hour drive, but for $2k I'm good with it!

Just looking for some feedback before pulling the trigger.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This forum has been great. A lot of info on this thread but worth the read. I've been looking for a 1500 for the past month and I've had similar experiences with FCA dealers being DB's. Refusing to answer basic questions. Slow to respond. Playing games. Absolutely no wiggle room on pricing, etc. I've been looking for a diesel Laramie since I commute 90 mi round trip on the highway. There doesn't seem to be many diesels out there but it looks like some dealers have stock and they're all black or white and have the exact same build and MSRP. I guess the factory was running a special on these and high volume dealers snagged them. Besides these, I haven't seen many other diesels. Almost like there's a hold on them and what's on the lots is it for a while.

Anyway, I found a dealer with the best price and they've been very responsive. It has what I'm looking for so I'm good with the options

2020 Larmie 4x4 white
Diesel
Level 1
20" wheels
12" Uconnect

$48,086 Dealer price

Does the truck have the 33 gallon fuel tank? With your commute, I wouldn’t get a truck that didn’t have the larger tank...even with the diesel.

cowboy99

Reaction score
Does the truck have the 33 gallon fuel tank? With your commute, I wouldn’t get a truck that didn’t have the larger tank...even with the diesel.

Nope, standard tank. I've got an 18.5 gallon tank in my Sonata that's averaging 29 mpg. From everything I've read I should get around the same MPG with this truck, especially with the 3.21 rear end, so I'll still be doing better! The 33 would be nice, but not a deal breaker for my needs

BLUE LIMITED

Reaction score
Heads up display will only available on Limited, Longhorn and Laramies at first.

i just ordered this option package $1095 on my 2021 Bighorn "Built to Serve" edition.
Technology Group (ADG)
- Heads-up Display (LBK)
- LED CHMSL Lamp (LPH)
- Rear View Autodim Digital Display Mirror (GRG)

Attachments

• 2021 ram 1500.png
    2021 ram 1500.png
    64.1 KB · Views: 53

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i just ordered this option package $1095 on my 2021 Bighorn "Built to Serve" edition.
Technology Group (ADG)
- Heads-up Display (LBK)
- LED CHMSL Lamp (LPH)
- Rear View Autodim Digital Display Mirror (GRG)

Nice! Glad to see that they're offering it on the other trims as well. And that price isn't bad considering the tech you're getting. It’s about $1,000 less than GMC’s comprable package on the Sierra.

Last edited:

Paultg

Reaction score

2020 Larmie 4x4 white
Diesel
Level 1
20" wheels
12" Uconnect

$48,086 Dealer price, including $500 chrysler finance rebate plus $125 doc fee & $134 out of state titling company fee (3rd party files for out of state customers)

They're 2k less than anyone else @ $47,827 (without fees) so I'm at 20% off MSRP. It sounds like that's a decent deal in normal times, but it looks like they're giving a great price considering how hard it is to find what I want and the BS other dealers are giving. Only drawback is it's a 7 hour drive, but for $2k I'm good with it!

That seems like a decent deal to me. I have very similar MSRP & discount on the truck I bought.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope, standard tank. I've got an 18.5 gallon tank in my Sonata that's averaging 29 mpg. From everything I've read I should get around the same MPG with this truck, especially with the 3.21 rear end, so I'll still be doing better! The 33 would be nice, but not a deal breaker for my needs

It’s definitely a decent price, especially for current times. I’d jump on it if the truck has everything you’re looking for!

thrillracing

Reaction score
When I picked up my Laramie today from Koons I had 4K in rebates. And was at the 20% under MsRP mark but that price is reflective of an order in March. I think the discount is less and handling is more when ordering now.

RAMEN

Reaction score
Fellow RAM’ers, please advise:

I am in the market for 2020 RAM 1500 SPORT/REBEL CREW CAB, silver billet or could go for black here in Ontario,Canada.

Every Chrysler dealer is offering 0% financing for 84 months which I qualify for with downpayment of 2K.

MSRP with all the options that I need is $77,000 CANADIAN.
Any suggestion on the fairness of the price($399 cdn biweekly) and what should I ask for(in terms of discount or add ons).
Here are the main options:

2020 RAM 1500 SPORT/REBEL 4X4 CREW CAB (25L) -SILVER BILLET METALLIC
Exterior Color: Billet Silver Metallic
Interior Color: Black interior / Black seats
Interior: Leather–faced front vented front bucket seats
Engine: 5.7L HEMI VVT V8 engine with FuelSaver MDS
Transmission: 8–speed automatic transmission
Comfort & Convenience Group:
Second–row heated seats
Driver seat with memory setting
Wireless charging pad

Advanced Safety Group:
Advanced Brake Assist
Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist
Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking
Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go
Parallel & Perpendicular Park Assist with Stop

Night Edition:
22x9–inch Black forged aluminum wheels

Leather & Sound Group – Alpine:
Leather–faced front vented front bucket seats
Front ventilated seats (Not available with Rebel)
A/C with dual–zone automatic temperature control
Power 4–way front passenger lumbar adjust
Power 8–way adjustable front seats
9 Alpine speakers with subwoofer
12–inch touchscreen
1–year SiriusXM Guardian subscription
SiriusXM Travel Link
SiriusXM Traffic
4G LTE Wi–Fi hot spot
SiriusXM with 360L on–demand content
Uconnect 4C NAV with 12–inch display
5–year SiriusXM Traffic subscription
5–year SiriusXM Travel Link subscription

Level 2 Equipment Group:
Rear underseat compartment storage
Remote proximity keyless entry
115–volt auxiliary power outlet – rear
Security alarm
Remote start system
Park–Sense Front and Rear Park Assist

Anti–spin differential rear axle
Power dual–pane panoramic sunroof
Sport performance hood
Rear wheelhouse liners
Blind–Spot and Cross–Path Detection
Class IV hitch receiver
Trailer Brake Control
Spray–in bedliner

AK103

Reaction score
When I picked up my Laramie today from Koons I had 4K in rebates. And was at the 20% under MsRP mark but that price is reflective of an order in March. I think the discount is less and handling is more when ordering now.

How'd you get 4k in rebates?
There's 4k in rebates right now?

Paultg

Reaction score
His order is prob protected, meaning they will honor the rebates available at the time he ordered, or when delivery is taken. He gets to apply whichever rebates are better. My guess rebates in March better than now. Its also regional based on your home zip code.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
His order is prob protected, meaning they will honor the rebates available at the time he ordered, or when delivery is taken. He gets to apply whichever rebates are better. My guess rebates in March better than now. Its also regional based on your home zip code.

Yep they definitely were better then. A Limited 4x4 was $4500 in TX back in April and has been $1500 since (May, June and now July).

thrillracing

Reaction score

I apologize, it was 3k in rebates. My order wasn’t protected so I’m not sure how they got to 3k. I’m happy with the deal overall.

I will say, Virginia’s doc fee has moved to 899 (they honored the 799 negotiated previously). Also, Koon’s percentage under MSRP has changed I think. Trucks are pumping out of the factory based on my local research and conversations with Craig.

Ordered while the sh*t was hitting the fan..Hydro-Blue Laramie Group 2, Air-suspension, Off-road, Sport, Uconnect 12, power running boards, dual panel moonroof.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I apologize, it was 3k in rebates. My order wasn’t protected so I’m not sure how they got to 3k. I’m happy with the deal overall.

I will say, Virginia’s doc fee has moved to 899 (they honored the 799 negotiated previously). Also, Koon’s percentage under MSRP has changed I think. Trucks are pumping out of the factory based on my local research and conversations with Craig.

Ordered while the sh*t was hitting the fan..Hydro-Blue Laramie Group 2, Air-suspension, Off-road, Sport, Uconnect 12, power running boards, dual panel moonroof.

Probably coupons, thats what mine did last week

Users who are viewing this thread