5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Sorry for an obvious question (I searched the forums but couldn't find an answer): a lot of the rebates seem to heavily consider the zip code entered into the Ram site. Is eligibility for a rebate dependent on the location of the dealership or your home address?

Eligibility is based on where you title the car (home address usually).

FTRO

Reaction score
Now I have my exact truck on order essentially using their place to get in line, bypassing the restriction, and now moving up since it's a customer sold order.
MSRP: 49,195 (Invoice was 46,319)
Dealer discount: 4,301 = 44,894 (8.75% off) (EP was 44,203)
Incentives: 7,000 (using what I qualify for this month, a few locked in)
Total 38,394 (22% off MSRP)

Update: (Ordering for 2020's is more/less over)
My order was placed on 6/22 with a VON but sat in BG status until today with no VIN coming.
I was informed that my order could not be made and will automatically be made into a 2021 model.
The dealer did say they have the 2021 model info for package options and acc. (trying to convince me to order a '21)

So I am going tomorrow to get my deposit back.
There is a few 2020 trucks "In Transit" to a couple dealers 5 hours away that I could make work, not exactly how I would option them, but close enough for the right deal. I'm only disappointed that wasting 10 days cost me $2,000+ in incentives, that are not here now for July, if I would have bought off the lot!

I know July Incentives are slowly being added throughout today so far... Does anyone see the Conquest Cash (38CL7) $1,000 in their area? I know it's been going since 9/6/19 in my area....I just didn't think they would stop it all together this month.

Paultg

Reaction score
Update: (Ordering for 2020's is more/less over)
My order was placed on 6/22 with a VON but sat in BG status until today with no VIN coming.
I was informed that my order could not be made and will automatically be made into a 2021 model.
The dealer did say they have the 2021 model info for package options and acc. (trying to convince me to order a '21)

So I am going tomorrow to get my deposit back.
There is a few 2020 trucks "In Transit" to a couple dealers 5 hours away that I could make work, not exactly how I would option them, but close enough for the right deal. I'm only disappointed that wasting 10 days cost me $2,000+ in incentives, that are not here now for July, if I would have bought off the lot!

I know July Incentives are slowly being added throughout today so far... Does anyone see the Conquest Cash (38CL7) $1,000 in their area? I know it's been going since 9/6/19 in my area....I just didn't think they would stop it all together this month.
My truck was ordered on 6/17 and will be a 2020. I’m not sure what the dealer is telling you is true. I was told you can order a 2020 through Aug. I got a VIn last week and build sheet today. EST ship date is 7/21.

FTRO

Reaction score
My dealer was working with the manufacturing Rep on it.
The only thing I can think of is something in my build is low or short on parts. So they said it could not be done unless it was built as a 2021.
I didn't think it had anything unusual except maybe the Alpine system? who knows, no worries.
MVIMG_20200701_192249.jpg

BeemerG

Reaction score
I am not holding my breath anymore. I was talking to my buddy who works for Honda USA constantly traveling between US, Japan and China. He said due to globalization most if not all electrical parts comes from China. As we all know due to pandemic, China is not fully operational. Global auto industry scrambling for parts especially electrical. Therefor we might not see great incentives until the last quarter of the year.

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
So I’ve been checking the incentives page many, many times today like a lot you also. But the last time I looked, I noticed something that I have not noticed before. I thought I would post it here to see if this has always been this way or what.

When I click on the Limited 4X2 model, it has a little number by the MSRP price. I clicked on it and a window pops up. It appears now that the MSRP no longer “includes” the destination charge. I went back to look at my Window Sticker and the destination charge is included in the MSRP. I posted a pic of the incentives page with the note and my Window Sticker for my Limited that I’m still waiting on. If this is a change, I just wanted everyone to know this up front to think about when you are negotiating your deals.

So is this a change in FCA’s pricing? B7DDC8F1-0CA6-4726-9F51-A436FE2D8AAF.png 20892879-604F-4687-90DB-A4D05D699F75.png

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
Denalis are definitely a better deal right now and I've been watching them. Im not really interested in spending that much money on a second choice but FCA is really starting to **** me off.

Between the bull S dealers are playing with people (like the above special order truck, lying to people about locking in 0/72-84), FCAs overall lack of concern and the rebates, FCA may need to learn a lesson with people voting with their wallets.
I totally feel you man. I've been in the same boat as you...just keep being patient and don't settle. I thought about maybe settling for a Denali as well but I'd be settling. They have to eventually increase rebates! Stay positive man and keep up the good right unless you have to buy right now.

TheGRam

Reaction score
2020 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4
Base Sticker $42,540
Total Sticker Price: $55,295
Negotiated Price: $43,500
Bought during partial lockdown here in Ohio about two months ago. There was a dealer in Michigan advertising the same build for like 41 or 42k. When I contacted him to verify if I drove all the way there I would qualify for that price, he admitted that I wouldn't. Said it was employee pricing or something with other incentives. Told me that if I had friends or family with Chrysler that he could get it to me at $43,500. That was my new goal (no friends/family), so I shopped a couple of local dealers until I got someone to give me the build at that price. The dealer I got it from actually didn't have one. He got it from another dealer where I had actually test driven one. That other dealer wanted $45,500 for the vehicle when I test drove it earlier in the day. It's only $2k difference, but that's about what I spent the first week on upgrades.

ST9

Reaction score
All,

I have been reading the forums but didn't sign up until now. First, all of those who contribute, thanks a ton. There is a lot of great info on this site and I am glad it is available because like everyone else I am in the market for a new Truck. At first I thought I was just going to go with the GMC AT4, however at the last minute I said well I should try the new gen ram and check it out before I make the move. Well, loved the Ram interior, love the new design, etc. Definitely the AT4's interior looks so dated and plain after driving the Ram. It would be hard to go back to unless the redesign comes out which I thought wasn't until 2022/23. Not too mention, at some point the cybertruck will come out and who knows, it may grow on me (don't really like it at all now).

Anyway, back on topic - I am in Colorado and the dealer prices stink. I watched one and the price/discounts before COVID was low and I thought about maybe pulling the trigger but I thought they would go lower however that same Ram that has been on the lot since Feb has less discounts and is priced at $7k higher. Also called around to get pricing, no one is budging I am stumped why Ram dealerships are pulling this crap and yet I can find AT4's cheaper/willing to negotiate. I get it with supply and demand but I would have thought people still want to sell cars regardless but it is what it is.

So I will wait and see what the fall has to offer or the 21's however does anyone know of a good dealer to work with close to Colorado? I was thinking about flying to places like where Koons/East Coast/Chicago etc if I had too for a great deal and then drive or pay for a hauler but it is hard because the prices are not really moving to justify that type of move. I am a bit picky on my options however the options I want I see elsewhere so I am not trying to find the unicorn. I didn't really want to order however I may have to if nothing comes in the fall for 20's and order a '21. So if anyone knows of good dealer to work with near Colorado; greatly appreciate it.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All,

I have been reading the forums but didn't sign up until now. First, all of those who contribute, thanks a ton. There is a lot of great info on this site and I am glad it is available because like everyone else I am in the market for a new Truck. At first I thought I was just going to go with the GMC AT4, however at the last minute I said well I should try the new gen ram and check it out before I make the move. Well, loved the Ram interior, love the new design, etc. Definitely the AT4's interior looks so dated and plain after driving the Ram. It would be hard to go back to unless the redesign comes out which I thought wasn't until 2022/23. Not too mention, at some point the cybertruck will come out and who knows, it may grow on me (don't really like it at all now).

Anyway, back on topic - I am in Colorado and the dealer prices stink. I watched one and the price/discounts before COVID was low and I thought about maybe pulling the trigger but I thought they would go lower however that same Ram that has been on the lot since Feb has less discounts and is priced at $7k higher. Also called around to get pricing, no one is budging I am stumped why Ram dealerships are pulling this crap and yet I can find AT4's cheaper/willing to negotiate. I get it with supply and demand but I would have thought people still want to sell cars regardless but it is what it is.

So I will wait and see what the fall has to offer or the 21's however does anyone know of a good dealer to work with close to Colorado? I was thinking about flying to places like where Koons/East Coast/Chicago etc if I had too for a great deal and then drive or pay for a hauler but it is hard because the prices are not really moving to justify that type of move. I am a bit picky on my options however the options I want I see elsewhere so I am not trying to find the unicorn. I didn't really want to order however I may have to if nothing comes in the fall for 20's and order a '21. So if anyone knows of good dealer to work with near Colorado; greatly appreciate it.

Welcome! You could try Dave Smith in Kellogg Idaho. They are a high-volume dealer and have decent pricing.

VirtualRam

Reaction score
All,

Since you're willing to travel east, going west to ID might be worth it. Go to ramtrucks.com and search new inventory using zip code 83687 with a 125 mile radius. You'll see inventory from Dennis Dillon and Peterson. Both are pretty high volume dealers and based on my recent searches they have new inventory on the way. I reached out to Peterson a month ago and their dealer discount was %7 decent but not the best.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Since you're willing to travel east, going west to ID might be worth it. Go to ramtrucks.com and search new inventory using zip code 83687 with a 125 mile radius. You'll see inventory from Dennis Dillon and Peterson. Both are pretty high volume dealers and based on my recent searches they have new inventory on the way. I reached out to Peterson a month ago and their dealer discount was %7 decent but not the best.

7% dealer discount is pretty bad. Best ones I have seen are 10-12% dealer discount. These invoice prices aren’t real anyway as they are artificially inflated and have been for years going back to 1995 when dealers colluded with the KBBs, Edmunds etc. With the dawn of the internet age invoice minus holdback became the go-to-deal so they raised invoice prices slowly over time to balloon their profit.

Bulldawg23

Reaction score
What is the best way to have a dealer hold a truck for you? Like after you agree on price and everything but you can’t get there until another week or so. What’s the best way to keep them from selling it out from under you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What is the best way to have a dealer hold a truck for you? Like after you agree on price and everything but you can’t get there until another week or so. What’s the best way to keep them from selling it out from under you?

I’m sure if you asked them, they’d have some options. I’m sure there’s a way for you to put a deposit down on it without having to go into the dealership.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score

They will almost always ask for a deposit to hold it but they still aren't required by any law to hold the truck. I've seen instances in the past when a dealership has sold a vehicle someone had a deposit on because someone else was paying more. In that event, the "non-refundable" deposit becomes refundable. You can always complete the deal even from a distance and pick-up later if you really wanted to but that's up to you.

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
I’m sure if you asked them, they’d have some options. I’m sure there’s a way for you to put a deposit down on it without having to go into the dealership.

I would also get everything in writing if you guys have already agreed to the price, financing and any other items in the deal such as add ons, anything they promised to throw in and what any of the fees are that you have agreed to. Otherwise You don’t have a leg to stand on. Even then they could still play games with you like they are with one of our Forum members on here. Some dealers just won’t honor crap even when they put it in writing! FCA should deal harshly with these type dealers!!

Bulldawg23

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I think I’ve found a good enough deal on a Laramie to make me pull the trigger instead of waiting for the 2021’s. They’re offering just under 11% off MSRP as their dealer discount plus rebates on top of that. Waiting to see what they’ll give me for a trade in now. I know that’s not the best of deals but it’s the best I’ve seen so far lately and I’m in need of a new truck

Dstyrd39

Reaction score
I ordered a new 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie a while back. Dealer contacted me and said pickup is in. MSRP:69940 list:65168
Where should I start dealing.... I was going to start around 22% off MSRP then figure in ttl. Can always go up not down.

Users who are viewing this thread